PDA

View Full Version : Will Rolle EVER get to play his natural position?

NYG4lifeNYK
07-30-2012, 08:07 PM
I'm thinking T2's injury forces us to play around with him again....... or does the improved LB corps allow him to finally play deep safety and showcase his talents as he did in Arizona?

Guessing Coe would be the nickel? Hosley? Tryon? Molden? Assuming no more injuries.......... Uggghhhh :confused:

If we resign Grant within the next few days I'd expect that to mean Rolle will be playing corner in the nickel again............................................. ................. :mad:

Captain Chaos
07-30-2012, 08:14 PM
One can only hope...

RoanokeFan
07-30-2012, 08:18 PM
I think they bring Grant back and see if they can't make it work. We are better at LB than we have been in the past two years and that will factor in.

Axels17
07-30-2012, 08:19 PM
I'm hoping they give Hosley or Tryon a shot at winning that nickel cb spot before they decide to throw Rolle back in there.

Redeyejedi
07-30-2012, 08:20 PM
We wont see Grant right away They will let the young guys battle it out and see if they are good enough. If in 2 preseason games they dont like what they see Grant will be back.

RoanokeFan
07-30-2012, 08:22 PM
We wont see Grant right away They will let the young guys battle it out and see if they are good enough. If in 2 preseason games they dont like what they see Grant will be back.

Unless they feel, as I do, they need veteran presence and Grant is a great mentor.

Giantsin04
07-30-2012, 08:23 PM
We are better at LB than we have been in the past two years .

As long as the Boley situation is not serious

NYG4lifeNYK
07-30-2012, 08:26 PM
I'd love to have Grant back if for nothing else but his leadership and mentorship(I may have just made this word up haha)

I just don't want grant playing corner....... I'd rather Coe or Hosley or Tyron or Molden, or Bing or Jackson.

Wait do we still have Bruce Johnson? He would be a nice option, no?

BlueSanta
07-30-2012, 08:28 PM
The only problem with Grant coming back is that the young Safeties are performing so well according to all in attendence this camp. People have been raving about Will hill in particular. We have Rolle, KP, Sash and, if he continues to works out as I believe he will, Will Hill. That does not leave a lot of room for Grant.

RoanokeFan
07-30-2012, 08:29 PM
If ever Amukamara needed to step up, now's the time and this is the place.

Redeyejedi
07-30-2012, 08:32 PM
Unless they feel, as I do, they need veteran presence and Grant is a great mentor.Rolle , Phillips , Webster the Giants have vets His skill was diminished last year. If the young guys can play ,let em play

RoanokeFan
07-30-2012, 08:35 PM
Rolle , Phillips , Webster the Giants have vets His skill was diminished last year. If the young guys can play ,let em play

We'll see soon enough

Redeyejedi
07-30-2012, 08:41 PM
We'll see soon enough

Not against bringing him back just dont see the rush. Grant will be ready if the Giants need him. He didnt join the team till Aug 16th last year. I think the 2 UDFA guys are really talented Id give them 2 games

RoanokeFan
07-30-2012, 08:45 PM
Not against bringing him back just dont see the rush. Grant will be ready if the Giants need him. He didnt join the team till Aug 16th last year. I think the 2 UDFA guys are really talented Id give them 2 games

There was an article yesterday where Reese said the door was open for Grant. Within the last week Grant said he thought he'd be back. I'm htinking these are not likely independent thoughts

Redeyejedi
07-30-2012, 08:56 PM
There was an article yesterday where Reese said the door was open for Grant. Within the last week Grant said he thought he'd be back. I'm htinking these are not likely independent thoughts
Grant at this point of his career might not want to be at training camp so he is waiting to sign

GMENAGAIN
07-30-2012, 09:12 PM
Grant at this point of his career might not want to be at training camp so he is waiting to sign

Grant came in late last year too and was absolutely awful for the first few games of the season. I'm not sure that he's the answer . . .

RoanokeFan
07-30-2012, 09:19 PM

And there is a point in time after which signing him will be less costly.

giantsfan420
07-30-2012, 10:08 PM
im not too worried. i still believe we have a capable nickel corner in coe,tryon, molden, hosley, or bing. prince and web on the outsides was the ultimate plan anyways. sucks how it is rushed a lil. but coe and tryon looked good last season. hosley would be my hope to be nickel cuz hes so young, but im not expecting that at least until late in the year. but yeah, if we lose one of the above mentioned, then rolle may have to go back to that role. otherwise i think we see him at S. he only played nickel bc our entire depth at corner last year was depleted. we've only lost one so far, and hopefully only one this preseason....maybe cruz can play nickel back lol

GiantVibes
07-30-2012, 10:11 PM
Rolle , Phillips , Webster the Giants have vets His skill was diminished last year. If the young guys can play ,let em play

I agree 100%

Coe, Tryon, and Witherspoon all have shown promise. Not a stretch to say at least one of them could break out this year.

Drez
07-30-2012, 10:13 PM
<br>

I agree 100%

Coe, Tryon, and Witherspoon all have shown promise. Not a stretch to say at least one of them could break out this year.
Witherspoon retore his ACL in OTAs.

GiantVibes
07-30-2012, 10:24 PM
Witherspoon retore his ACL in OTAs.

I meant Johnson

Drez
07-30-2012, 10:28 PM
I meant Johnson
Ahh. I don't know. Johnson has been hurt the past two seasons. And iirc, last season he ruptured his Achilles. I wouldn't count on him. I think Coe and Tryon are the guys that are going to have to step up.

grapenut
07-30-2012, 11:57 PM
not time to panic, the answer is already on the roster

Dubee
07-31-2012, 01:50 AM
I believe CB is Rolle's natural position.

Redeyejedi
07-31-2012, 07:55 AM
I believe CB is Rolle's natural position.Really? Have U watched Rolle try to play man coverage. He is a safety

Dubee
07-31-2012, 11:02 AM
The Cardinals converted him to a safety. I guess it depends on what your definition of "natural position" is.

BigBlue2010
07-31-2012, 11:12 AM
not time to panic, the answer is already on the roster

Yes, it will be a big disappointment if Rolle goes back to slot after all the talk of our "9 nfl corners" in camp.

BleedingBlue56
07-31-2012, 11:37 AM
I have a lot of faith in Bruce Johnson to be honest. He was pretty good if you ask me back in 2010 in the nickel/slot corner role....