PDA

View Full Version : Calling Deon Grant

joemorrisforprez
07-30-2012, 07:09 PM
Time to sign him back up.

miked1958
07-30-2012, 07:15 PM
Yep, was just a matter of time for people to Start going down. What happened to the days when we didn't hear a peep out of training camp.. Now it's like everyday u come home from work and are scared to get on the MBs for fear of another season ending injury

RoanokeFan
07-30-2012, 07:16 PM
We could do a lot worse than sign Deon

Captain Chaos
07-30-2012, 09:14 PM
Always liked Grant, not sure we need a Safety right now, we need a starting and nickle corner...

jaxnygmen
07-30-2012, 09:25 PM
I would hold off for now. Sounds like Will Hill might be a good Undrafted FA pick up. Reports are postive from camp. He is younger,faster, and a hammer thrower.

DownWitJPP
07-30-2012, 09:34 PM
I would hold off for now. Sounds like Will Hill might be a good Undrafted FA pick up. Reports are postive from camp. He is younger,faster, and a hammer thrower.

Agreed, I love the leadership that Grant brings to the table but we need to get younger at the position. Kenny Phillips contract is up next year and if a team throws a crazy amount of money at him ( like what happened with Boss) I can see the Giants letting him walk, even though i think he is a very good player.

Will Hill if he has his head on straight is a very good athlete, so is Janzen Jackson.

Sovereign
07-30-2012, 09:49 PM
We're replacing the slot corner with a slow safety? No thanks.

joemorrisforprez
07-30-2012, 09:50 PM
I'd sign Grant tomorrow....the secondary is going to need people that understand the system, and we'll likely need to lean on Rolle again to play CB in certain situations.

I thought we should have re-signed Ross, EXACTLY because of what has just happened.

DownWitJPP
07-30-2012, 10:08 PM
I agree with ya on Ross...he wasn't a great corner by any means, but he was more than serviceable on the outside (he sucked in the slot) . At least he was
healthy..we took a big gamble on T2 and lost. I would rather give Tryon, Coe or Hosley a chance in the slot.

I Wish nothing but the best for T2, but i think this is the end of his Giants career.

Buddy333
07-30-2012, 11:10 PM
Will Hill is a great athlete. If he puts it all together watch out. Sounds like he is making a case for the Giants to keep him.

BlueSanta
07-31-2012, 12:25 AM
Will Hill is a great athlete. If he puts it all together watch out. Sounds like he is making a case for the Giants to keep him.
I think it is safe to say that Will Hill is the reason we have not resigned Grant.In more than 1 place I have read that he has outplayed Tyler Sash this camp and it isnt because Sash is playing poorly either. Hill has just been that good.

UK-Giantsfan
07-31-2012, 05:04 AM
JM4P is correct .........we need to sign Grant now ! ......c'mon JR

tonyt830
07-31-2012, 06:14 AM
I have nothing against Grant, and if the Giants decide to re-sign him, then so be it. I mean he brings good leadership to the locker room. But. If the other safeties are playing well, staying healthy and improving, I don't see the immediate need for him to be re-signed, just because Thomas may be done for the year. We still have Coe, Johnson, Tryon, Hosley,Bing, Molden, and Huges at the CB position.

And at safety, it sounds like Will Hill is looking pretty good at camp, from what I read via tweets and other posters. And lets not forget about Sash, a full offseason for him.

GMENAGAIN
07-31-2012, 06:51 AM
I have nothing against Grant, and if the Giants decide to re-sign him, then so be it. I mean he brings good leadership to the locker room. But. If the other safeties are playing well, staying healthy and improving, I don't see the immediate need for him to be re-signed, just because Thomas may be done for the year. We still have Coe, Johnson, Tryon, Hosley,Bing, Molden, and Huges at the CB position.

And at safety, it sounds like Will Hill is looking pretty good at camp, from what I read via tweets and other posters. And lets not forget about Sash, a full offseason for him.

I completely agree.

People forget that it took Grant a while to get going last year after he was brought in late. He was awful during the first part of the season. Let the young guys play.

BigJ
07-31-2012, 09:19 PM
I think Will Hill could be the man for the job. Grant played alright last year but you can see his age is getting to him . I would def rather see Will Hill out there. Younger Faster Stronger. Grant just knows this Defense. If Will can get the play book down, he is talented enough that we dont need Grant.

Jahh
08-01-2012, 08:17 AM
We can't fall back on Grant we need to develop a young players. I like Grant but this is the year we should be moving on. Also, I hate Rolle playing cb in nickel. Let's get a third corner to step up and keep Rolle and Phillips on the back end. I don't want to see Phillips at the deep third all year.

embeshAtYa
08-01-2012, 08:58 AM
Enough with Grant. He is just as much a liability in coverage as antonio pierce was at the end because of bieng slow. Now a yr later. We have other guys and will be fine.