PDA

View Full Version : I don't think Aaron Ross was a big loss for us but T2 re-injuring is a big let down

hungrrrry
07-30-2012, 11:01 PM
I am hoping we have talent back there...I was really hoping for Jayron Hosley to push any of our top three CB's and he may still after he recovers from his ding...It is hard to be optomistic for Thomas' future with us and even his career!
Good luck to him!
I hope we have the talent!

joemorrisforprez
07-30-2012, 11:11 PM
I am hoping we have talent back there...I was really hoping for Jayron Hosley to push any of our top three CB's and he may still after he recovers from his ding...It is hard to be optomistic for Thomas' future with us and even his career!
Good luck to him!

At the risk of spamming, I thought losing Ross pretty significant. He was a good starting corner.

Sovereign
07-30-2012, 11:15 PM
Ross was high among the league in completions. Losing him actually helped.

Captain Chaos
07-31-2012, 06:40 AM
He was a solid corner, notheing over the top. Don't forget we won two superbowls with him starting back there. We'll get to see how well he does against Eli and company next week!

Antwuan
07-31-2012, 06:47 AM
Terrell Thomas re-injuring him and possibly missing time will be a big loss but the Giants were able to win the superbowl last season without Terrell Thomas. Hopefully he won't miss any time but we should find out the extent of period of his injury later today.

GMENAGAIN
07-31-2012, 07:54 AM
Terrell Thomas re-injuring him and possibly missing time will be a big loss but the Giants were able to win the superbowl last season without Terrell Thomas. Hopefully he won't miss any time but we should find out the extent of period of his injury later today.

Eh, huh?

Wake up an smell the coffee my man. Thomas is done.

Redeyejedi
07-31-2012, 08:00 AM
Ross was actually one of the worst starting corners in the NFL. He would be nice to have because of experience but if Amukumara isnt better then him im going to be very disappointed. 1 thing I will give 2 Ross though is he played well in the playoffs for the Giants in both Super Bowl runs

nhpgiantsfan
07-31-2012, 09:11 AM
Ross was not the greatest, and if we had a 100% healthy TT, we probably wouldn't miss him. But make no mistake, now that TT is done, this team would be a lot better if we still had Ross. He was very servicable last year. Obviously hind sight is 20/20, but the team chose to take a chance on TT being healthy and it bit us. Oh well, next man up.

GameTime
07-31-2012, 09:15 AM
This will make room room for someone else to emerge. Ross was ok and decent at times. Surely another player can step into that role.
Prince and Webster. Then some decent depth.....
It will happen.....

Redeyejedi
07-31-2012, 09:54 AM
Ross was not the greatest, and if we had a 100% healthy TT, we probably wouldn't miss him. But make no mistake, now that TT is done, this team would be a lot better if we still had Ross. He was very servicable last year. Obviously hind sight is 20/20, but the team chose to take a chance on TT being healthy and it bit us. Oh well, next man up. I dont think they had much of a choice with the salary cap. I think they knew there was a distinct possibility of this happening. Thats why they drafted Hosley in the 3rd round

GiantVibes
07-31-2012, 12:00 PM
I dont think they had much of a choice with the salary cap. I think they knew there was a distinct possibility of this happening. Thats why they drafted Hosley in the 3rd round

I agree JR was prepared for this. That's why there was only $1 million guaranteed

pacco_diablo
07-31-2012, 12:59 PM
We all have our opinions and mine is that Aaron Ross was a huge loss for us, especially now. I've always felt he was a good corner with great speed and possessed some serious play making ability. I seriously wish we could somehow get him back... especially now!

G-Men Surg.
07-31-2012, 01:37 PM
Good luck to him!
The Giants knew that TT was a huge question mark coming off his 2nd reconstructive ACL, its obvious when they gave him his contract with only 1 mil guaranteed high reward low risk for them . The Giants know the formula for success in D, lots of CB and DE and they keep drafting them year in and year out, this year? they have Prince in the wing ready to step in and Hosley is next in line. Sad for Thomas that destiny played him this way but its time to move on for both parties.

bklyn1028
07-31-2012, 01:42 PM
It is tough to come back from ONE acl, let alone two. Three is probably the kiss of death for him, shame. He is an excellent CB, and I disagree with those who feel Ross was mediocre. I thought he was a very good (not excellent) CB, solid, reliable. Sure he made mistakes, but so do a lot of players. I didn't want to see him go, but then again, it's now time for Amukamura to shine and show his #1 pick quality.

hungrrrry
07-31-2012, 06:30 PM
I dont think they had much of a choice with the salary cap. I think they knew there was a distinct possibility of this happening. Thats why they drafted Hosley in the 3rd roundI love the Hosley pick and hope he can fill in well as a #3 CB...I think he has significant upside over Ross!

Eli TO Shockey
07-31-2012, 06:37 PM
Ross was clutch. he played a huge role in both Superbowl runs. That being said, Ross is an avg CB who was burned countless of times last season and seasons prior. People forget he got benched last season with no depth at the CB position. says alot

joemorrisforprez
07-31-2012, 07:03 PM
Ross was clutch. he played a huge role in both Superbowl runs. That being said, Ross is an avg CB who was burned countless of times last season and seasons prior. People forget he got benched last season with no depth at the CB position. says alot

Aaron Ross was a capable starter....and it's a real shame we couldn't hold on to him. He would have been great for depth.

hungrrrry
07-31-2012, 07:24 PM
Aaron Ross was a capable starter....and it's a real shame we couldn't hold on to him. He would have been great for depth.no offense but I whole-heartedly disagree...he was a decent tackler if he was in the area of the ball-carrier and that was all really...he made some decent plays here and there but consistancy was never his forte.

he wont be missed...I would have liked to see what T2 would have been able to do but since that is not in our future...I feel confident we have a strong replacement for Ross already...likely two of them!

TheEnigma
07-31-2012, 07:27 PM
Aaron Ross looked like a 1st round talent one snap and then looked like an Arena League CB the next. Dude was way too inconsistent...

giantsfan420
07-31-2012, 07:44 PM
He was a solid corner, notheing over the top. Don't forget we won two superbowls with him starting back there. We'll get to see how well he does against Eli and company next week!
yeah but we also won 2 SBs with DD at LT...u want him back there?

giantsfan420
07-31-2012, 07:48 PM
Aaron Ross looked like a 1st round talent one snap and then looked like an Arena League CB the next. Dude was way too inconsistent...
so true. he's always been inconsistent

Rat_bastich
08-01-2012, 05:10 AM
How dare you use language like that!

Diamondring
08-01-2012, 07:14 AM
Eh, huh?

Wake up an smell the coffee my man. Thomas is done.You you mean stick a fork in heem?

GMENAGAIN
08-01-2012, 07:38 AM
At the risk of spamming, I thought losing Ross pretty significant. He was a good starting corner.

The first time you thought that was after Thomas' injury . . . . .

Marvelousmik
08-01-2012, 07:57 AM
Ross had a bad start last year. after he got benched the 2nd game of the season, starting from the first eagles game (3rd game of season) we never heard a bad thing about him again. he played just as good on the other side of cweb last year. And he carried that same play into the playoffs.

GmanSenior
08-01-2012, 08:58 AM
Don't sleep on Tryon. He was playing well last season before breaking his arm. Coughlin and Fewell both commented about how good he was outside (I just wish he was a little taller). It would not surprise me a bit if Tryon ends up starting alongside Webster.

Buddy333
08-01-2012, 09:14 AM
Ross didn't have a good season. He did step up in the post season. I wasn't sold on TT this year anyway. I mean usually it takes guys a year to recover and then another year of playing at less than 100% to come back from that injury and he tore the same ACL twice. Right now I don't think they are at a big loss because like I said, I'm not so sure he was going to be fine this year anyway. I feel really bad for he guy. He worked so hard to get back and he just seems to be a great team player.

gumby74
08-01-2012, 09:53 AM
TT going down sucks but to be honest, i wasn't getting my hopes up that he'd return to form anyway. Time for Prince to step up. He's been practicing with the 3rd team and that's a little disturbing.

Buddy333
08-01-2012, 10:45 AM
I wouldn't worry about where he is practicing. He was playing very well in the post season.

GameTime
08-01-2012, 10:50 AM
Gotta be Prince and Webster. Get the quality backups too because the Giants and CBs/DBs is a battle of attrition.

giantsfan420
08-01-2012, 10:55 AM
TT going down sucks but to be honest, i wasn't getting my hopes up that he'd return to form anyway. Time for Prince to step up. He's been practicing with the 3rd team and that's a little disturbing.
ive also read he's been practicing with the 1s as well. practicing with the 3s isnt necessarily bad if they were gonna try and use him as the nickel back...

BigBlue1971
08-01-2012, 11:15 AM
when TT went down last year Ross was huge in his absence. Prince must now take up the slack cuz as much as i hate to say it Thomas is prolly done for his career.

JR already said Prince must hold up his end of the 1st round pick deal so i expect him (Prince) to gain much experience and hopefully be effective in doing it!