PDA

View Full Version : Just heard on ESPN Mike and Mike about the IGGLES.....

Grail1972
07-31-2012, 10:07 AM
Please explain to me how an analyst can go on the radio and say the Eagles look sensational, I mean he was gushing about how SENSATIONAL they look!

How can you even tell after 5 days of practice, and 4 of those without pads!!! Please explain this to me!

I am already hearing that we are doomed again too!

I cant wait for the season to start!!

ALL IN!!

Fuhgeddaboutit
07-31-2012, 10:15 AM
Because Vick doesn't get beat up at training camp, like all players do.

Sensational when he isn't touched at all.

BigBlue2010
07-31-2012, 10:18 AM
In the offseason rosters are only 22 players and all you need to be great is four names and a couple signings or trades.

primetime
07-31-2012, 10:31 AM
If Football was played in July with no pads and no opponents, the Eagles would be serious contenders.

Easy E.
07-31-2012, 10:51 AM

If there was an NFL Flag Football League, I would pick Vick first overall. I just hope the NFL stops heading in that direction with all the rule changes. I want to see Vick buried every play.

wolfie
07-31-2012, 10:54 AM
Yeah, and everyone is saying how strong they finished.

Well, we finished stronger. We beat the best in the NFC and the best the AFC had to offer. We are the World Champions.

The analysts also keep talking about what a tough schedule we have because we have to play the Saints, Green Bay, 49ers, etc. Well they have to play US.

Talk is cheap. Let's wait till the action starts.

Redeyejedi
07-31-2012, 11:05 AM
Let them write the Giants off they play better as underdogs. These guys dont follow them closely enough to know just how beat up the Defense was last year. Its why they won only 9 games.The Eagles were 1 of the Healthiest teams in the NFL. They will not be as lucky this season

Grail1972
07-31-2012, 11:06 AM
It just makes me crazy how they are saying that already. If I hear that one more time how strong they finished, that they just started to get it, by season's end, drives me nuts!! That is what separates the good teams from the great teams. Coaching. No one seems to talk about how are team was decimated by injuries, and we still held tough.

I just cant wait until the season starts, lets see just how sensational this team really is.

I would like to know who the reported was who was saying they looked sensational and ask him what he was basing it on??The non contact drills?? Wind sprints?? Water breaks?? Andy Reid devouring a cheese steak?? CMON!!!!

Breakdown by position!

QB- ELI
RB- LESEAN
FB- HYNOCEROS
TE- CELEK
WR'S- GIANTS
OL- GIANTS
DL- GIANTS
LB- EVEN
DB'S-EAGLES
SAFETYS- GIANTS
P- GIANTS
K-GIANTS
SPECIALS- EAGLES
COACHING- GIANTS

To me, we are deeper at every position, they might have the edge on paper in some spots now, but I think our youth, especially at LB, and our depth at DL will be the difference maker. And, we have the best clutch QB of all time.

And dont count out this running game this year, they will be better by leaps and bounds!

jomo
07-31-2012, 11:10 AM
Dream team baby!

Where is the red ink on the new boards?

Fuhgeddaboutit
07-31-2012, 11:11 AM
Dream team baby!

Where is the red ink on the new boards?

There is a roll eyes smiley that you can use - :rolleyes:

ryan12
07-31-2012, 11:12 AM

vick a a "fragile" (christmas story) piece of glass and we will break him and watch his ribs shatter

ryan12
07-31-2012, 11:15 AM
im sick and tired of the freaking eagirls and cowgirls hype. they are so overated exp the cowgirls

EJ Blue
07-31-2012, 12:04 PM
im sick and tired of the freaking eagirls and cowgirls hype. they are so overated exp the cowgirlsThey aren't overrated. This will be the hardest division in the league this year.

ryan12
07-31-2012, 12:20 PM
agreed it is the hardest divison and they always beat each other up the deadskins will also be better. however there are idiot analyst that are picking the giants to finish 3rd in our division

DVision
07-31-2012, 12:22 PM
They aren't overrated. This will be the hardest division in the league this year.

You sound as bad as Mike and Mike!!:)

jints10
07-31-2012, 12:40 PM
agreed it is the hardest divison and they always beat each other up the deadskins will also be better. however there are idiot analyst that are picking the giants to finish 3rd in our division
NFC North will be the toughest division if last year is any indication.

Ntegrase96
07-31-2012, 12:50 PM
NFC North will be the toughest division if last year is any indication.

It will be close. However, I'm not sold on the Lions. The Bears should be good and the Packers are the Pack.

Redskins>Vikings, though.

SweetZombieJesus
07-31-2012, 01:08 PM
Yeah, and everyone is saying how strong they finished.

Exactly. Who won 6 must win games in a row?

JB456
07-31-2012, 04:38 PM
No worries. This illusion of the invincibility that the Eagles project will shatter as fast as one of Vicky's bones once someone sneezes on him.

dan1552
07-31-2012, 07:35 PM
If we all say dream team enough like last year the ea-girls may be doomed again. Hurry

sharick88
08-01-2012, 01:01 AM
Please explain to me how an analyst can go on the radio and say the Eagles look sensational, I mean he was gushing about how SENSATIONAL they look!

How can you even tell after 5 days of practice, and 4 of those without pads!!! Please explain this to me!

I am already hearing that we are doomed again too!

I cant wait for the season to start!!

ALL IN!!

Please explain to us why you're taking an ex eagle and a diehard jets fan seriously? **** em

Grail1972
08-01-2012, 01:37 PM
I am very sensitive!!

sharick88
08-01-2012, 03:59 PM
I am very sensitive!!

Those two clowns are just comic relief. They predicted the giants to be either 4-12 or 6-10 going into last season. How did that work out for them. Funny, aren't they?

Cut
08-01-2012, 07:03 PM
Please explain to me how an analyst can go on the radio and say the Eagles look sensational,

Explanation: Because the Eagles look sensational. Way more talented roster than anyone in the NFC east.

Die-Hard
08-01-2012, 07:48 PM
Explanation: Because the Eagles look sensational. Way more talented roster than anyone in the NFC east.

And they sure did prove it last season...

Sorry. We're just in awe of them over here, and we can't control ourselves

giantyankee1976
08-01-2012, 08:04 PM
seriously I DO miss the old smiley icons..the puke, devil, beer and indifferent smileys were great.

onto other stuff: Mike Greenberg is a jets fan 1st. By his own lips he acknowledges his team has regressed and sucking again.

This now timeless whine with respect to the pundits loving the egirls and cowpuds has exceeded its shelf life.

My fellow fans: **** what the talking heads think, say and do.

There job is to massage the egos of some and spit in the eye of others.

Wipe your faces, smirk and do it moving.

Cut
08-01-2012, 11:50 PM
Sorry. We're just in awe of them over here, and we can't control ourselves

With good reason. I can even grant you guys like temporary or honorary eaglefan titles. That way when the birds are in the playoffs, you guys can root for em and it'll almost be like your own team going back.

SweetZombieJesus
08-02-2012, 06:44 AM

LOL, NOT. I see the unearned sense of superiority is still choking the air in Philly.

The Giants have them beat at QB (2 time SB MVP who never missed a start), WR (Nicks and Cruz are phenomenal possibly best duo in the NFL), and DL and there's no argument about that, and they're a wash at other spots like LB and your OL is as big a question mark as ours. Plus your secondary is overrated, Victor Cruz made them look like fools twice.

http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/FRIENDLYFIRE3.gif

Ntegrase96
08-02-2012, 10:18 AM
LOL, NOT. I see the unearned sense of superiority is still choking the air in Philly.

The Giants have them beat at QB (2 time SB MVP who never missed a start), WR (Nicks and Cruz are phenomenal possibly best duo in the NFL), and DL and there's no argument about that, and they're a wash at other spots like LB and your OL is as big a question mark as ours. Plus your secondary is overrated, Victor Cruz made them look like fools twice.

I think there could be some argument about the DL. I would say that you guys have better DE's and more depth, but Babin and Cole are pretty top notch as well... not equal, but definitely a better duo than a lot of other NFL teams.

We'll see how Fletcher Cox does, but I expect him to have a pretty good year next to Cullen Jenkins.

JB456
08-02-2012, 02:10 PM

I just don't get all the optimism from the media and fans of the Eagles. No matter who they sign or pick up in the draft, they still will have an underachieving and lazy QB that is made of glass and can't read a defense. Sure, he can put up good numbers in the regular season but when he faces consectutive quality teams in the playoffs he'll fold. Add in the fact that the Eagles lost best offensive lineman, I expect Vicky to be off to the races even faster than normal.

BlueBlitzer
08-02-2012, 10:18 PM
1960.......And still Losing Strong.

Cut
08-03-2012, 12:41 AM

The Giants have them beat at QB (2 time SB MVP who never missed a start), WR (Nicks and Cruz are phenomenal possibly best duo in the NFL), and DL and there's no argument about that, and they're a wash at other spots like LB and your OL is as big a question mark as ours. Plus your secondary is overrated,

The Giants probably have the edge at WR, but offensively as a whole, the eagle's offense is way more dangerous. Notice how you left running back out of your little comparison, cause you have nobody and the birds have the best RB in football. DL, there's definately argument, cause the eagles have one of the deepest talented DL's to rotate guys with. In fact, the eagles D-Line had the most sacks in the league last year... and then they added to it in the draft. LB was a position of weakness last year, but that's why it was addressed in the offseason with the additions of Ryans and Kendricks. As far as the O-line goes, the only question is left tackle (which matters less for a lefty QB), because the rest of the line is the same athletic group that opened up holes for Shady last year. Most talented team in the NFC east.

JB456
08-03-2012, 09:23 AM
The Giants probably have the edge at WR, but offensively as a whole, the eagle's offense is way more dangerous. Notice how you left running back out of your little comparison, cause you have nobody and the birds have the best RB in football. DL, there's definately argument, cause the eagles have one of the deepest talented DL's to rotate guys with. In fact, the eagles D-Line had the most sacks in the league last year... and then they added to it in the draft. LB was a position of weakness last year, but that's why it was addressed in the offseason with the additions of Ryans and Kendricks. As far as the O-line goes, the only question is left tackle (which matters less for a lefty QB), because the rest of the line is the same athletic group that opened up holes for Shady last year. Most talented team in the NFC east.

Cut-

Do you think good things happen to Vick when he gets flushed out of the pocket? I do, for the opposing team. With Peters gone, do you think that is good or bad for the Eagles? If you need help answering I'll assist. The answer is it is Very bad. Do you also think it will have a negative effect on the running game? I do.

Now, even if the Eagles still had Peters, does that make up for the jug head you have behind center? Nope, it doesn't. The Eagles season was doomed even before Peters went down.

So to summarize, the Eagles will never win the big game with Vicky at QB and Giants fans jumped for joy when the Eagles signed him to the stupid contract.

Joe Morrison
08-03-2012, 09:30 AM
Cut-

Do you think good things happen to Vick when he gets flushed out of the pocket? I do, for the opposing team. With Peters gone, do you think that is good or bad for the Eagles? If you need help answering I'll assist. The answer is it is Very bad. Do you also think it will have a negative effect on the running game? I do.

Now, even if the Eagles still had Peters, does that make up for the jug head you have behind center? Nope, it doesn't. The Eagles season was doomed even before Peters went down.

So to summarize, the Eagles will never win the big game with Vicky at QB and Giants fans jumped for joy when the Eagles signed him to the stupid contract.
Little over the top but Vick has proven that he is fine in the regular season without any pressure, once the real games start he reverts back to himself and implodes. Last year they ran off 4 wins because he really didn't have any pressue to win, they were basically out of the play off hunt. And don't forget, Jackson will quit at the drop of the hat if things aren't going his way.

SweetZombieJesus
08-03-2012, 10:38 AM

I left running back out because obviously I think the Eagles have an edge there with McCoy, but it's not like we have chopped liver. Bradshaw has been pretty darned good in the last 5 years and although I think he's at the end of his career he did score the winning TD in the Super Bowl -- by accident, I might add. And I have high hopes for David Wilson but for now he is an unknown quantity. All I can bank on in the running game is Bradshaw and his broken feet and his lion heart.

You think the Eagles have a deep DL? I admit they do, but christ we have a BACKUP DE who would start on 29 other teams and we have a Linebacker who is really a converted DE to throw into the mix as well. These four guys would be starters on most other teams. We also addressed our LB corps with the addition of Rivers, and we have up and coming works-in-progress like Herzlich who were eased in slowly last year and may slip into the starting roles this year. I would call LB a wash, which I did. You lost your best player on the O line whereas ours is now in a state of partial reconstruction.

Plus, I don't know how you can say your O-line "opened holes" for McCoy, it's not like he's a plodder like Brandon Jacobs, he makes his own opportunities.

I frankly don't see that much talent on the Eagles at all and they certainly are not the most talented team in the NFC East. You have a good DL, McCoy is the most baffling runner I've seen since Barry Sanders, and your wideouts are fast but lacking in skill. And Celek is a good TE whereas we have question marks. Your weakest link is the meat-headed china doll under center.

easterbeast
08-03-2012, 01:46 PM
Those two clowns are just comic relief. They predicted the giants to be either 4-12 or 6-10 going into last season. How did that work out for them. Funny, aren't they?

hahaha......i remember that.............i find it amazing that some of these so called analysts have jobs

miked1958
08-03-2012, 08:27 PM
Dream team baby!Where is the red ink on the new boards?I know right! Lol

miked1958
08-03-2012, 08:31 PM
I think there could be some argument about the DL. I would say that you guys have better DE's and more depth, but Babin and Cole are pretty top notch as well... not equal, but definitely a better duo than a lot of other NFL teams.We'll see how Fletcher Cox does, but I expect him to have a pretty good year next to Cullen Jenkins.Hey as long as you guys beat em twice and we beat twice and the skins split with them, it will be ALL GOOD

Cut
08-03-2012, 08:33 PM
Herzlch is a great story, but he's got tons of room to grow. Better against the run than in coverage. But yeah, nobody can say which team has the better LB core. Remains to be seen. As for opening holes - i meant downfield. When you have Peters blocking guys in the secondary, that's a huge hole in the defense for a RB to use. Which takes me to JB's point, of course losing one of the top tackles in football hurts the line, but the improvement of 2 guys in that line that were rookies last year will assuage that loss. The eagle's O-line could even be better than it was last year overall.
As far as the Vick/Desean/etc. comments, sure they all have weaknesses, Vick gets injured, Desean was distracted by contract stuff last year, other guys have other issues. Doesn't make them any less talented. Vick's got a cannon arm, dangerous feet, and Desean's got dangerous speed, keeps the safties deep. Maclin and Avant are underrated guys too, and add in McCoy and you've got one of the most talented offenses in football. Defensively, Safety and LB are the eagle's weaknesses, but the CBs are undenyably talented and the Dline that had the most sacks in the league got depth added in the first two rounds of the draft. Definately the most talented team in the NFC East. Talent does not equal wins, and the Eagles have a lot to prove in terms of being the best team, but from a talent perspective, they're the best in the division.