PDA

View Full Version : PLAN B: Thomas contingency options

RoanokeFan
07-31-2012, 04:43 PM
PLAN B: Thomas contingency options (http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/15445/plan-b-thomas-contingency-options)

Excerpt: " Terrell Thomas (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/11297/terrell-thomas) is heading west to consult with Dr. Arthur Ting on his injured right ACL.

Ting performed an allograft reconstruction of the ACL last September and Thomas likely will undergo an arthroscopic procedure to determine the full damage to his knee.

A source said Monday that Thomas' knee has at least a partial tear. Considering this is the third time he has injured his right ACL since 2005, Thomas could miss significant time, if not the entire season. We'll still have to wait for final word.

While we wait, let's take a look at what the Giants might do if Thomas is out indefinitely or for the season. " Read more...

Captain Chaos
07-31-2012, 05:04 PM
Sad, sad, sad....

RoanokeFan
07-31-2012, 05:10 PM
PLAN B: Thomas contingency options (http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/15445/plan-b-thomas-contingency-options)

Excerpt: " Terrell Thomas (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/11297/terrell-thomas) is heading west to consult with Dr. Arthur Ting on his injured right ACL.

Ting performed an allograft reconstruction of the ACL last September and Thomas likely will undergo an arthroscopic procedure to determine the full damage to his knee.

A source said Monday that Thomas' knee has at least a partial tear. Considering this is the third time he has injured his right ACL since 2005, Thomas could miss significant time, if not the entire season. We'll still have to wait for final word.

While we wait, let's take a look at what the Giants might do if Thomas is out indefinitely or for the season. " Read more...

Yes, but the good thing is it's early enough to give his replacement reps at camp.

TheEnigma
07-31-2012, 05:14 PM
Nothing to worry about really. I have confidence in Prince to play opposite of Webby. He flashed his first round status in the Packers divisional game against Nelson. There's a lot worse CB situations on other teams so I'm not sweating this one bit.

BigBlueAllDay
07-31-2012, 05:21 PM
Time for Prince to step up to the plate. Also, the Giants did draft CB Jayron Hosley as well. Best of luck to T2 on a speedy recovery, but the Giants may move on.

EJ Blue
07-31-2012, 05:27 PM
I'm ready for Prince to step up too, but no one is exactly giving glowing reviews on him. Hopefully he steps up.

JesseJames
07-31-2012, 05:36 PM
I have a lot of confidence in Webster and hope that Prince can step up and play because he should be ready now, but its in the event of an injury to either one of these guys that causes some concern because thats when we turn to the backups, who is ready ....

BlueMetal 40
07-31-2012, 05:41 PM
Nothing to worry about really. I have confidence in Prince to play opposite of Webby. He flashed his first round status in the Packers divisional game against Nelson. There's a lot worse CB situations on other teams so I'm not sweating this one bit.
Weren't we already counting on Prince playing the outside anyway, with TT taking over slot corner so Rolle could go back to ripping up the middle of the field? That may have just been something I read on these boards, but sounds right, no?

TheEnigma
07-31-2012, 05:43 PM
I'm ready for Prince to step up too, but no one is exactly giving glowing reviews on him. Hopefully he steps up.True but don't forget that Sinorice Moss and Ramses Barden are known for being Training Camp Beasts and they haven't shown squat in the regular season. I'd wait until the preseason games to get a better idea of things.

BigBlueAllDay
07-31-2012, 05:44 PM
Season-ending injuries can be a downer for sure, but it's also a blessing in disguise for lower-depth players who otherwise won't see the field much and a chance for them to shine. Oh wait did I just explain the story of Victor Cruz...

Eli TO Shockey
07-31-2012, 05:47 PM

a full/healthy offseason will do wonders for Princes confidence.

Eli TO Shockey
07-31-2012, 05:48 PM
this may be a sick way of looking at it...but we just got out of a 5 yr 28 mil contract...we have KP, Cruz, Nicks who will need money in the very near future...just sayin

tonyt830
07-31-2012, 06:04 PM
I know some people may say the Giants need to re-sign Grant, but I would not be against seeing what our current corners, like Coe, Tyron, Hosley and Johnson show in camp and the preseason games. And like the article mentioned, if Thomas gets put on IR, maybe that opens the door for Hill or Brown as an extra S kept on the final 53.

And of course the Giants may consider that anyway, thanks to Sash's brain fart.

joemorrisforprez
07-31-2012, 06:11 PM
PLAN C: Select one guy who is mentioned in the article, and keep him off the Hunger Games field the Giants practice on until the regular season starts.

giantsfan420
07-31-2012, 06:31 PM
im not too worried bc T2 was coming off a serious injury and the plan was ultimately to move prince outside anyways. Prince missed most of last year, so this is virtually a rookie offseason for him as he hasnt experienced camp and preseason. so he could have some rough spots early. however, i think he'll end up being fine for this season and on the way to progressing into a lock down type corner.
i think coe/tryon could then handle the nickel role and handle it well. I like Tryon, we got him from Indy and he had shown glimpses of being a solid corner. Think he could work out for us. Coe is a veteran too so thats an added plus. The main concern i have is injuries and limiting them. we cant have a depleted unit on this team, especially DB's...

derekunion28
07-31-2012, 06:36 PM
man oh man so sad for him

RoanokeFan
07-31-2012, 06:43 PM
this may be a sick way of looking at it...but we just got out of a 5 yr 28 mil contract...we have KP, Cruz, Nicks who will need money in the very near future...just sayin

As long as he's on IR, they pay his salary.

giantsfan420
07-31-2012, 06:50 PM
man oh man so sad for him

yeah but also, the giants took care of him too. 1 mil guaranteed on his knee? that was charity if you ask me. t2 should have plenty of money for him and his family to live on. it does suck for him tho and it is sad but i'd tear my acl for a mil easy

Eli TO Shockey
07-31-2012, 06:52 PM
As long as he's on IR, they pay his salary.

true but esentially this becomes a 1yr 1 mil contract. hes off the books next yr

GMENAGAIN
07-31-2012, 10:20 PM
yeah but also, the giants took care of him too. 1 mil guaranteed on his knee? that was charity if you ask me. t2 should have plenty of money for him and his family to live on. it does suck for him tho and it is sad but i'd tear my acl for a mil easy

lol . . . . the guy's in his mid-twenties and a million bucks after taxes and agent fees is plenty of money for him and his family to live on??

It's a nice chunk of change, but let's not suggest that the guy won't have to work for the next 50-60 years of his life.

Evo'Ed
07-31-2012, 10:31 PM
^.....

No offense but $1 million is not a lot of money nowadays.

It's very very good money, but TT will have to find some source of income besides just sitting on that money.

Hopefully he's invested what he's made so far so he can live comfortably.

Back on topic: Luckily we have some decent depth at CB even without TT.

Toadofsteel
08-01-2012, 10:25 AM
I have full confidence in Prince and his abilities. If Rodgers and Brady weren't able to throw on him when he came in to play, I would think with a full offseason's worth of reps he will be NFL ready...

Tbonenc
08-01-2012, 10:35 AM
Pressure on the QB can make even an average corner look good.

RoanokeFan
08-01-2012, 11:42 AM
true but esentially this becomes a 1yr 1 mil contract. hes off the books next yr
With this being his third ACL tear I suspect the GIANTS will opt for an injury settlement at an appropriate time.

SUPERBOWL/BOUND/GIANTS
08-01-2012, 11:43 AM
Im feeling bad for T2, he seemed to be really focused and hungry to get back out there.

I do think there is a lot of talent back there for the GIANTS. Young guys stepping up and trying to make a new name for themselves is always great to watch. I hope someone emerges, even if its not Prince right away. I think Bruce Johnson can play the nickle back pretty well, so out of all the other guys left, the rookie and some of the guys who filled in last year will have a chance to fight for a starting position on week one. It should be competitive.

TrueBlue@NYC
08-01-2012, 12:40 PM
I'm pretty confident in Prince being able to step up this year. He may have missed alot of time during the season last year, but he's definintly step up from a rookie since he got a whole year to sit in the meetings, learn the playbook and just get familiarized with being an NFL player. Also, he did get to play last season at the end of the year and, more importantly, got experience in the playoffs.

This hurts the team most in terms of depth. Firstly, now they have to find another nickle CB, and hopefully somone out of the group mentioned in the article steps up there, AND we gotta hope the unit stays healthy for the year because then you're talking about your 4th or 5th CB getting alot of snaps on defense.

NorwoodBlue
08-01-2012, 12:47 PM
Hosley should be the ideal nickel corner, incredibly athletic, and a natural ball hawk. I think he's going to get his share of picks this year.