PDA

View Full Version : Latest facts and rumors regarding T2

thomsoad
08-01-2012, 11:15 AM
"CB Terrell Thomas, has returned to his home state of California to have his surgically-repaired knee re-examined by the man who performed the surgery last year Dr. Arthur Ting. It is rumored that Thomas has re-torn the ACL and is in danger of missing the upcoming season.

BigBlue1971
08-01-2012, 11:19 AM
not only "the upcoming season" but i believe his total nfl career is in play at this point!

jakegibbs
08-01-2012, 11:26 AM
not only "the upcoming season" but i believe his total nfl career is in play at this point!
Heard on NFL Network no player has ever returned to start after 3 knee sugeries on same knee. NO PLAYER in history of NFL kinda makes you sad right?

thomsoad
08-01-2012, 11:35 AM
Heard on NFL Network no player has ever returned to start after 3 knee sugeries on same knee. NO PLAYER in history of NFL kinda makes you sad right?

I had actually read an article that supposedly once you tear an ACL any tear after that does not diminish the ABILITY of the reconstructed ACL. The problem is the psychological impact of the rehab; not the actual physical aspect of it.

In other words... if T2 can mentally get over the rehab process his ACL will be no worse then what it was after his first tear.

lamas
08-01-2012, 11:42 AM
I had actually read an article that supposedly once you tear an ACL any tear after that does not diminish the ABILITY of the reconstructed ACL. The problem is the psychological impact of the rehab; not the actual physical aspect of it.

In other words... if T2 can mentally get over the rehab process his ACL will be no worse then what it was after his first tear.

Psychological rather than physical? Tell that to his three times torn ACL.

No player has recovered from a 3 time torn ACL but there is a player attempting it now (Carolina I believe).

njg85m
08-01-2012, 11:54 AM
Not sure I would call it "psychological", as much as I'd call it stigma received from teams on a repeatedly repaired body part and time away from the game. Let's face it, most organizations would much rather cut their losses and take on a new prospect then they would give a chance to a 'prone to injury, damaged goods, 27 year old'.

It's not so much the recovery that affects people in this situation, it's the ability to be get a chance.

Just saying...

Roosevelt
08-01-2012, 12:42 PM
"CB Terrell Thomas, has returned to his home state of California to have his surgically-repaired knee re-examined by the man who performed the surgery last year – Dr. Arthur Ting. It is rumored that Thomas has re-torn the ACL and is in danger of missing the upcoming season.

Is this a new or old news?

RoanokeFan
08-01-2012, 12:55 PM

First I've heard but Ting did his last repair.

Toadofsteel
08-01-2012, 01:19 PM
Not sure I would call it "psychological", as much as I'd call it stigma received from teams on a repeatedly repaired body part and time away from the game. Let's face it, most organizations would much rather cut their losses and take on a new prospect then they would give a chance to a 'prone to injury, damaged goods, 27 year old'.

It's not so much the recovery that affects people in this situation, it's the ability to be get a chance.

Just saying...

And, let's be honest, unless Prince has the most horrible year ever (hoping he doesn't though, knock on wood), T2 will be hard pressed to have a place on the team, even without the 3rd ACL tear...

thomsoad
08-01-2012, 01:40 PM

Well I hadnt heard anything about him going to California so i figured new.

NorwoodBlue
08-01-2012, 01:41 PM
I have to wonder if repeated ACL tears of the same knee don't indicate structural inadequacies of other parts of the knee that make a person very susceptible to damaging the ACL. Hixon is on his second repair now, we'll see how he holds up. Maybe T2's first tear coming at a very early age also makes him more likely to have problems in the future. If this is a third tear of that same knee, I have to think he's done as an NFL player. If I remember right he didn't really have any serious contact, or somebody falling sideways on his knee with the last tear, and this one sounds like no contact whatsoever, just a slip in the mud. There's something in his knee that's not meant for football. Well, nobody's knees are meant for football; but his seem to be worse than most. A lot of talented players have been let down by bad joints over the years, and it's starting to sound like T2 is going to join them. Real bummer for him, and the team.

TheAnalyst
08-01-2012, 01:44 PM
Honestly, T2 is done. Sad, yes, but not shocking. I actually have been saying anything we get from him will be a bonus this season and didnt expect much. CWeb, Prince are the starters. Hosely, Tryon, Johnson, Coe, Molden are backups.

Roosevelt
08-01-2012, 02:07 PM
First I've heard but Ting did his last repair.

I read about this yesterday, which is why I was questioning if the "tear" rumor is new or old. I'm guessing nothing new has been reported yet.

njg85m
08-01-2012, 02:35 PM
And, let's be honest, unless Prince has the most horrible year ever (hoping he doesn't though, knock on wood), T2 will be hard pressed to have a place on the team, even without the 3rd ACL tear...

That's exactly my point, though.

It's not a psychological problem, it's the fact that no one is going to be overjoyed to give a repeatedly injured player yet another chance to prove they can stay healthy, on a repaired knee, when they can just cut their losses and move on to a younger prospect.

ELIte4MVP
08-01-2012, 02:54 PM
I have to wonder if repeated ACL tears of the same knee don't indicate structural inadequacies of other parts of the knee that make a person very susceptible to damaging the ACL. Hixon is on his second repair now, we'll see how he holds up. Maybe T2's first tear coming at a very early age also makes him more likely to have problems in the future. If this is a third tear of that same knee, I have to think he's done as an NFL player. If I remember right he didn't really have any serious contact, or somebody falling sideways on his knee with the last tear, and this one sounds like no contact whatsoever, just a slip in the mud. There's something in his knee that's not meant for football. Well, nobody's knees are meant for football; but his seem to be worse than most. A lot of talented players have been let down by bad joints over the years, and it's starting to sound like T2 is going to join them. Real bummer for him, and the team.

most ACL tears, believe it or not, are from minimal/no contact. most contact tears are MCL's

the latest i heard was last night that T2 at least had a partial tear, and he was going to california to see if it was fully torn or only partially

rainierjef
08-01-2012, 03:48 PM
even if its a partial tear the risk of that patiral tear evolving into a full tear is a very realistic ideal. i wouldn't take the chance i say cut your losses. i hate to sound like that but thats the business side of this and it sucks