PDA

View Full Version : Giants' antrel rolle ready to serve as nickle corner this time, if needed

RoanokeFan
08-01-2012, 02:59 PM
GIANTS' ANTREL ROLLE READY TO SERVE AS NICKLE CORNER THIS TIME, IF NEEDED (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/08/giants_antrel_rolle_ready_to_s.html)

Excerpt: "Last year, when the Giants (http://www.nj.com/giants)’ defensive coaches needed to replace Terrell Thomas, they had Antrel Rolle playing down low instead of at a natural safety spot. Rolle found it difficult to accept and at one point even talked about wanting out of the organization (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/02/giants_antrel_rolle_finally_fi.html).
Eventually, Rolle came to accept and embrace his job as a nickel cornerback. The rest is Super Bowl history.

Well, the Giants and Rolle are right back in the same spot now that Thomas, whom secondary coach Peter Giunta said was ticketed to play the nickel corner spot, is likely lost for the season again (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/07/giants_terrell_thomas_suffers.html). Rolle is the easiest, quickest solution to the problem right now." Read more...

GameTime
08-01-2012, 03:17 PM
cant they just get a nickle corner already.
I realize this sounds like I am making it easier then it actually is but come on already. Get a nickle corner and let Rolle play where should be.

RoanokeFan
08-01-2012, 04:18 PM
I realize this sounds like I am making it easier then it actually is but come on already. Get a nickle corner and let Rolle play where should be.

I guess losing TT2 made it an issue all over again. At least now Rolle is ready/ willing to do it.

rainierjef
08-01-2012, 04:56 PM
is there no one else on the roster at the corner positon capable enough to play the nickle corner role. i would really like to see role at his natural spot all season. i think him and phillips can do some damage back there. fml

TheEnigma
08-01-2012, 05:11 PM
is there no one else on the roster at the corner positon capable enough to play the nickle corner role. i would really like to see role at his natural spot all season. i think him and phillips can do some damage back there. fmlI think we should give Tryon or Hosley an opportunity at the position. We'll see of course how things work out in the upcoming preseason games.

DownWitJPP
08-01-2012, 05:14 PM
I think we should give Tryon or Hosley an opportunity at the position. We'll see of course how things work out in the upcoming preseason games.

agreed, IMO both are capable at playing the nickel

RoanokeFan
08-01-2012, 05:14 PM
is there no one else on the roster at the corner positon capable enough to play the nickle corner role. i would really like to see role at his natural spot all season. i think him and phillips can do some damage back there. fml

There is still time for someone to step up and I would not be surprised if Fewell isn't watching these practices closely to see if there's a young stud in the mix.

Jahh
08-01-2012, 05:29 PM
They say they want the best players on the field.... ok, great. So you are telling me the giants are better utilizing their talent by have Sash at S and Rolle at Corner than it would be Rolle in his natural position with Hosley, tryon, bolden, johnson or whoever else....?

Sovereign
08-01-2012, 05:30 PM

Justin Tryon is perfect in that role and has faced off against good receivers in Indy. I have no idea why they can't make him the 3rd CB.

lamas
08-01-2012, 05:37 PM
So Rolle is willing to play nickle corner, but is Kenny Phillips willing to stay deep? If you listen to his video on the giants.com home page he's really hoping to get more involved and closer to the line. I really hope a corner steps up.

RoanokeFan
08-01-2012, 05:59 PM
They say they want the best players on the field.... ok, great. So you are telling me the giants are better utilizing their talent by have Sash at S and Rolle at Corner than it would be Rolle in his natural position with Hosley, tryon, bolden, johnson or whoever else....?

I don't think anyone's telling you anything. We're all speculating on how Fewell will eventually put the pieces of the puzzle together. That's why we're all here. We just lost an important part of the defensive backfield and someone needs to step up into his place.

repeatchamps
08-01-2012, 06:02 PM
I think we should give Tryon or Hosley an opportunity at the position. We'll see of course how things work out in the upcoming preseason games.

Agreed. I would like Tryon as a nickel DB and Hosley in the Dime. I have said it multiple times already that Tryon should not be overlooked. He really brings some solid physical ability and I think he is being underestimated. In his limited playing time last season, I liked what I was seeing. Hoping he proves his worth throughout camp and preseason.

Joe Morrison
08-01-2012, 07:45 PM
Need to free Antre up to roam the field now that TT is down, really thought the Prince would take that corner spot and let TT roam, time for Prince to step in there.

Captain Chaos
08-01-2012, 09:30 PM
Let's hope one of the other corners can step up.

JJC7301
08-01-2012, 11:49 PM
Agreed. I don't want Rolle playing out of position again. Enough with that garbage. Stop moving other players around trying to fix a hole -- it just creates more holes.

Gman86
08-02-2012, 12:40 AM
I also agree. Honestly, watching Rolle last year. He did a a heck of a job but I think he would be better off playing safety. Its training camp how can we not find a nickel corner.