PDA

View Full Version : Martellus Bennett

DownWitJPP
08-01-2012, 03:33 PM
http://www.giants.com/media-vault/videos/TE-Martellus-Bennett-meets-the-media/350f30b6-8632-4f6e-a6cf-51c1a074ce5f

" I'm kind of like a black unicorn out there" LMFAO this guys cracks me up. I really hope he has a good year, a really athletic TE combined with our receivers and David Wilson could make this offense deadly. Lets hope our O-line can step it up

ELIte4MVP
08-01-2012, 03:45 PM
he said gilbride is like professor dumbledore. guy is hilarious

rainierjef
08-01-2012, 03:54 PM
......Sigh* smh

ELIte4MVP
08-01-2012, 03:59 PM
......Sigh* smh

is he not allowed to make jokes? lol i mean i understand that we haven't really had a player like this. but as long as he is busting his *** on the field (which several people are saying he is), isn't this ok? I'll be much happier when he is doing this when he is producing on the field in the regular season, but still let's wait to pass judgement

DownWitJPP
08-01-2012, 04:11 PM
is he not allowed to make jokes? lol i mean i understand that we haven't really had a player like this. but as long as he is busting his *** on the field (which several people are saying he is), isn't this ok? I'll be much happier when he is doing this when he is producing on the field in the regular season, but still let's wait to pass judgement

dude is negative on every post he makes, I don't even bother

Cool Papa B.
08-01-2012, 04:13 PM
"Eli knows what he wants. Sometimes with your wife you never know what she wants. you ask her if she wants chicken she says no. You ask do you want steak she says no. Then you're in a bad....But Eli knows if he wants chicken or steak....I like playing for Eli."

LOL LOL LOL...dude's funny

BillTheGreek
08-01-2012, 04:34 PM
Let me tell you Martellus Bennett is going to be like Cruz was with the Giants his first year...A Diamond in the rough, New to the team and Great ! He's BIG, Strong, he can block, he's Fast, he will be Great in the end zone ! But can he Catch, I think so, give him a chance and make Dallas sorry they let him go. Also very important thing, he has stated in camp he will like playing for Eli and keeps asking Eli what can he do to help the team.
GOOD LUCK TO HIM & the Gmen !

JesseJames
08-01-2012, 04:41 PM
we're all hoping for great things from Bennett because at this point in time there doesn't seem to be a plan B after him, at least not for a while. Still say we should have drafted Fleener.

Mercury
08-01-2012, 04:50 PM
we're all hoping for great things from Bennett because at this point in time there doesn't seem to be a plan B after him, at least not for a while. Still say we should have drafted Fleener.

So, you liked our plan B, behind Bradshaw (who is often injured) being DJ Ware, Scott, Brown, and rookie Joe M? Yikes!

Trust JR!

Fuhgeddaboutit
08-01-2012, 04:52 PM
Did he say he was a fat black unicorn?

JesseJames
08-01-2012, 04:55 PM
So, you liked our plan B, behind Bradshaw (who is often injured) being DJ Ware, Scott, Brown, and rookie Joe M? Yikes!

Trust JR!
I'm not impressed with any of those names behind Bradshaw, I've seen Ware for the last few years and if he was any good we'd have seen it by now and the rest have done nothing so far, don't understand your point....

repeatchamps
08-01-2012, 05:08 PM
I'm not impressed with any of those names behind Bradshaw, I've seen Ware for the last few years and if he was any good we'd have seen it by now and the rest have done nothing so far, don't understand your point....

He is saying that if we had drafted Fleener, we would not have Wilson which means that depth chart he listed out would be our plan B behind Bradshaw. You just said yourself you are not comfortable with that list so you really cannot have it both ways. You only get one 1st round pick without trading for more. If it was Fleener instead of Wilson, the Giants would have had to break the bank for someone like Tolbert in free agency and would have been handcuffed from making the other moves they made in the offseason to improve depth in many different positions.

GMENAGAIN
08-01-2012, 05:18 PM

Trust JR!
Never mind . . . .didn't realize what you were saying at first . . . .

whakka
08-01-2012, 05:23 PM
i lol'ed @ the "black unicorn" thing haha.

DownWitJPP
08-01-2012, 05:30 PM
"my hamstring feels good wanna touch it" LOL

rainierjef
08-01-2012, 06:15 PM
^ this
really dont need to say anything else

rainierjef
08-01-2012, 06:17 PM
dude is negative on every post he makes, I don't even bother
thanks for reading all my posts.
all 1686 of them since APR 2009

rainierjef
08-01-2012, 06:18 PM

Take it however you want i just didnt find anything he said funny

Fuhgeddaboutit
08-01-2012, 06:44 PM
The fact is, you can't realy say "we should have drafted Fleener" because you can't assume Bennett won't be an effective TE for us.

The same people complaining about Bennett will start threads on how good Bennett is and how they knew all along he was a good pick-up

rainierjef
08-01-2012, 06:45 PM
He is saying that if we had drafted Fleener, we would not have Wilson which means that depth chart he listed out would be our plan B behind Bradshaw. You just said yourself you are not comfortable with that list so you really cannot have it both ways. You only get one 1st round pick without trading for more. If it was Fleener instead of Wilson, the Giants would have had to break the bank for someone like Tolbert in free agency and would have been handcuffed from making the other moves they made in the offseason to improve depth in many different positions.

IMHO i dont agree with this. now what i am about to say is just specualtion and a thought of mines
the next running back off the list after 32 was pead at 50 and then james at 61. i think the giants panicked when the bucs jumped ahead of them and grabbed martin, they probably thought there was going to be a run on RB's in the second round which clearly wasn't the case. so we really dont know who we would of picked had the bucs not traded up. i personally would like to think that it would of been fleener due to our situation at TE, which was far worst than our RB situation at the time that included jacobs.

rainierjef
08-01-2012, 06:47 PM
The fact is, you can't realy say "we should have drafted Fleener" because you can't assume Bennett won't be an effective TE for us.

The same people complaining about Bennett will start threads on how good Bennett is and how they knew all along he was a good pick-up
i will not be one of those.
i said it before and i'll say it again at the end of the season if he live up too and beyond expectations i will eat my crow, i'll even eat all the crows for every poster that didn't agree with the bennett signing. i have no problem admitting i was wrong, but if hes not ya'll will! hear it. :)

Fuhgeddaboutit
08-01-2012, 06:51 PM
Well he hasn't proven himself yet, so we really can't make a positive or negative comment about Bennett yet.

gmen0820
08-01-2012, 06:53 PM
which was far worst than our RB situation at the time that included jacobs.You really think the Giants we're blindsided by their own decision to cut Jacobs?

rainierjef
08-01-2012, 06:55 PM
You really think the Giants we're blindsided by their own decision to cut Jacobs?
what do you mean?

Joe Morrison
08-01-2012, 07:02 PM
what do you mean?

I have said the the GMEN will really miss the big man this year, agreed he left over 500 grand and he could have sucked it up, all he wanted was to know he was loved, he is a gentle Giant and they hurt his feelings.
Hopefully one of these guys steps up because it was proven last year that Bradshaw cannot be a full time back without breaking down.

Fuhgeddaboutit
08-01-2012, 07:06 PM
I have said the the GMEN will really miss the big man this year, agreed he left over 500 grand and he could have sucked it up, all he wanted was to know he was loved, he is a gentle Giant and they hurt his feelings.
Hopefully one of these guys steps up because it was proven last year that Bradshaw cannot be a full time back without breaking down.

Yep. So worried about the RB situation and for some reason I'm worried that it's going to be a tad bit worse than last year.

rainierjef
08-01-2012, 07:11 PM
well no sense worrying aobut it. we brought in wilson lets just hope he can circumvent the loss of jacobs

gmen0820
08-01-2012, 07:28 PM
what do you mean?Okay, let's just say that the Giants cut Jacobs before the draft, do you still believe the Giants RB depth was in better shape than the TE depth that had just included the signing of Bennett?

Fuhgeddaboutit
08-01-2012, 07:40 PM
well no sense worrying aobut it. we brought in wilson lets just hope he can circumvent the loss of jacobs

Can't "hope". That's a ridiculous notion when we're talking a rookie

rainierjef
08-01-2012, 07:40 PM
Okay, let's just say that the Giants cut Jacobs before the draft, do you still believe the Giants RB depth was in better shape than the TE depth that had just included the signing of Bennett?
hmmm good question.
well if its before the signing of bennett and the loss of ballard to new england i still thnik the TE position was worst off.
i think it would be equal, cuase think about it what do we really have at TE? A player with high potential but hasn't shown anything worth getting excited for in over 4 years, then there's Pascoe whos Okay i guess but nothing thats gonig to scare defenses; then who after that? with the RB situation we had a proven starter in bradshaw, DJ ware was serviceable no break out player by any means but serviceable.....
****! lol i dont know good question

rainierjef
08-01-2012, 07:45 PM
Can't "hope". That's a ridiculous notion when we're talking a rookie
huh?
there's alway hope.
hope prince can step up and be a good corner
hope marvin austin can step in a be a good DT
hope hosley can learn the ropes fast enough so that rolle can play his natural position this year
you always have hope bro.

Fuhgeddaboutit
08-01-2012, 07:50 PM
You still can't be safe going into the season with just "hope" that Wilson and Hosley will step up.

You can hope all you want, but you can't tell me you're fine

rainierjef
08-01-2012, 08:01 PM
i'm fine with it. it's the nature of the game. when eli goes down then i will panic.

gmen0820
08-01-2012, 08:10 PM
hmmm good question.
well if its before the signing of bennett and the loss of ballard to new england i still thnik the TE position was worst off.
i think it would be equal, cuase think about it what do we really have at TE? A player with high potential but hasn't shown anything worth getting excited for in over 4 years, then there's Pascoe whos Okay i guess but nothing thats gonig to scare defenses; then who after that? with the RB situation we had a proven starter in bradshaw, DJ ware was serviceable no break out player by any means but serviceable.....
****! lol i dont know good questionSee that's what I'm saying. At the time, need + value -- and signs are pointing to Fleener, and it really isn't close. Jacobs gets cut, and now, the question is worth entertaining, in fact, it's difficult to even ponder.

What I meant with my OP was that I think it is plausible that the Giants saw it as a very likely scenario where Jacobs leaves, and with Bradshaw's uncertain health AND the potential run on RBs (which, like you said, ultimately didn't occur) Wilson appears to have been not only a justifiable choice, but the right choice.

Again, we won't know for a little while, but I like the way things played out. I like Bennett's prospects for this year, but I'm not setting myself up for disappointment. He's a potential breakout player, but there is the chance he busts. Not the chance that every player in the league has, a bit higher because of his past underwhelming production.

Captain Chaos
08-01-2012, 08:18 PM
Sounds like he's having fun...Professor Dumbledoor?????

GMENAGAIN
08-01-2012, 08:18 PM
See that's what I'm saying. At the time, need + value -- and signs are pointing to Fleener, and it really isn't close. Jacobs gets cut, and now, the question is worth entertaining, in fact, it's difficult to even ponder.

What I meant with my OP was that I think it is plausible that the Giants saw it as a very likely scenario where Jacobs leaves, and with Bradshaw's uncertain health AND the potential run on RBs (which, like you said, ultimately didn't occur) Wilson appears to have been not only a justifiable choice, but the right choice.

Again, we won't know for a little while, but I like the way things played out. I like Bennett's prospects for this year, but I'm not setting myself up for disappointment. He's a potential breakout player, but there is the chance he busts. Not the chance that every player in the league has, a bit higher because of his past underwhelming production.

Add to that the fact that the RB position is more important in the Giants offense than the TE position, and the pick of Wilson over Fleener makes perfect sense.

rainierjef
08-01-2012, 08:41 PM
Add to that the fact that the RB position is more important in the Giants offense than the TE position, and the pick of Wilson over Fleener makes perfect sense.
what!?!?!
please dont start that argument of which position is of more importance.
when shockey was here he was used. we've been wheeling and dealing to find someone to replace that production and have either come close or fell short, that by no admittion gives proof that the TE position is less important in the giants offense. smh
put a play making TE on this roster that runs a sub 4.6 with good hands and watch how prolific this offense becomes.

Rat_bastich
08-01-2012, 08:51 PM
The Tight End position is very important in this offense. This is not the old run and shoot that Gilbride used in Houston. This offense is still a run first, throw second offense but unfortunately last year our run game never got going so we were relegated to throwing first. The Tight End needs to be able to block and to be an outlet when Eli checks down. Usually the Tight End is a safety valve for the Quarterback. Even if we don't utilize the position where our Tight Ends are primarily receivers, they do help keep Eli off his back.

GMENAGAIN
08-01-2012, 10:07 PM
what!?!?!
please dont start that argument of which position is of more importance.
when shockey was here he was used. we've been wheeling and dealing to find someone to replace that production and have either come close or fell short, that by no admittion gives proof that the TE position is less important in the giants offense. smh
put a play making TE on this roster that runs a sub 4.6 with good hands and watch how prolific this offense becomes.
So you think that the TE is more important in the Giants offense than the RB?

GMENAGAIN
08-01-2012, 10:08 PM
The Tight End position is very important in this offense. This is not the old run and shoot that Gilbride used in Houston. This offense is still a run first, throw second offense but unfortunately last year our run game never got going so we were relegated to throwing first. The Tight End needs to be able to block and to be an outlet when Eli checks down. Usually the Tight End is a safety valve for the Quarterback. Even if we don't utilize the position where our Tight Ends are primarily receivers, they do help keep Eli off his back.
Great theory if you didn't watch Pascoe and Ballard try to block people last year. . . . . hard to keep people off Eli's back when they were laying on their own backs . . . .

And who said that the TE position wasn't important? I just said that the RB position was more important in our offense.

ELIte4MVP
08-01-2012, 10:15 PM

so having fleener catching dumpoffs would be a complete waste of his talent. whereas bennett, who can block like a beast, and can most likely catch dumpoffs, should excel

Rat_bastich
08-01-2012, 11:33 PM
so having fleener catching dumpoffs would be a complete waste of his talent. whereas bennett, who can block like a beast, and can most likely catch dumpoffs, should excel

My response was in regards to the Tight End position being less important than the Running Back position in our offense of a previous poster. The Tight End position in our offense is as important as the Running Back in blocking and receiving. Why we went with Running Back in the first round this year is because we stunk it up in our running game more than anything. We were actually pretty successful with our Tight End last year, a man(Ballard) who came in to replace someone we just lost(Boss). I think the Giants felt that Bennett was going to be an upgrade and took Robinson for insurance because they had him highly rated and felt there was no need to go after Fleener because the difference in skill was probably minimal(to them).

Rat_bastich
08-01-2012, 11:39 PM
Great theory if you didn't watch Pascoe and Ballard try to block people last year. . . . . hard to keep people off Eli's back when they were laying on their own backs . . . .

And who said that the TE position wasn't important? I just said that the RB position was more important in our offense.

They were on their backs that much huh? The Tight Ends actually did a good job blocking last year. The linemen actually stunk it up and looked out of sync all year.

ELIte4MVP
08-01-2012, 11:55 PM
My response was in regards to the Tight End position being less important than the Running Back position in our offense of a previous poster. The Tight End position in our offense is as important as the Running Back in blocking and receiving. Why we went with Running Back in the first round this year is because we stunk it up in our running game more than anything. We were actually pretty successful with our Tight End last year, a man(Ballard) who came in to replace someone we just lost(Boss). I think the Giants felt that Bennett was going to be an upgrade and took Robinson for insurance because they had him highly rated and felt there was no need to go after Fleener because the difference in skill was probably minimal(to them).

i quoted you to jump off of your point and confirm that fleener would be a waste in the giants system. i agree

EJ Blue
08-02-2012, 12:05 AM
He always has a smug look on his face. How can one be so smug?

Rat_bastich
08-02-2012, 01:14 AM
i quoted you to jump off of your point and confirm that fleener would be a waste in the giants system. i agree

Gotcha. I'm kind of half reading stuff as one of my co-workers is reading stuff over my shoulder trying to get some brownie points with our new boss here.

rainierjef
08-02-2012, 03:22 AM
how fleener be a waste in this system?

GMENAGAIN
08-02-2012, 06:57 AM
They were on their backs that much huh? The Tight Ends actually did a good job blocking last year. The linemen actually stunk it up and looked out of sync all year.
The TE's did not do a good job blocking last year.

Do you think it's a coincidence that we signed a FA TE that is a better blocker than receiver and drafted a TE that is a better blocker than receiver?

giantsfan420
08-02-2012, 08:43 AM
The TE's did not do a good job blocking last year.

Do you think it's a coincidence that we signed a FA TE that is a better blocker than receiver and drafted a TE that is a better blocker than receiver?

dont jump offside. bennett and robinson both could easily turn out to be as good at receiving as they are at blocking...

GMENAGAIN
08-02-2012, 09:01 AM
dont jump offside. bennett and robinson both could easily turn out to be as good at receiving as they are at blocking...
That would be great.

FBomb
08-02-2012, 10:04 AM
Well he hasn't proven himself yet, so we really can't make a positive or negative comment about Bennett yet.

lol....are you new here?

Fuhgeddaboutit
08-02-2012, 10:05 AM
lol....are you new here?

Read the signature.

FBomb
08-02-2012, 10:14 AM
Read the signature.

I know who you are....my post was a joke because you seemed so surprised that posters on this board would condem a player or put him in th HOF before he even takes a snap as a Giant.

Fuhgeddaboutit
08-02-2012, 10:17 AM
I know who you are....my post was a joke because you seemed so surprised that posters on this board would condem a player or put him in th HOF before he even takes a snap as a Giant.

LOL oh, gotcha. I figured it was a joke after I made the post.

Yeah, I know. I was just trying to make another statement because it gets annoying when **** like that happens. People harp on players before they come here and even play a down.

I have a feeling Bennett will actually be quite useful

FBomb
08-02-2012, 10:20 AM

Yeah, I know. I was just trying to make another statement because it gets annoying when **** like that happens. People harp on players before they come here and even play a down.

As do I.....this not the Cowboys Country Club

wuzpapn
08-02-2012, 10:36 AM
It would be awesome if Giants Stadium would throw massive amounts of Cap'n Crunch Berries everytime Bennett scores this season. Sort of like Lynch and his skittles.

Toadofsteel
08-02-2012, 10:56 AM
It would be awesome if Giants Stadium would throw massive amounts of Cap'n Crunch Berries everytime Bennett scores this season. Sort of like Lynch and his skittles.

I hope he can find his own distinctive-but-not-flagrant TD dance to complement the rest of the team... Cruz had the salsa of course, Nicks had his thug/punk look, and Bradshaw had the 360 spike.

repeatchamps
08-02-2012, 11:15 AM
IMHO i dont agree with this. now what i am about to say is just specualtion and a thought of mines
the next running back off the list after 32 was pead at 50 and then james at 61. i think the giants panicked when the bucs jumped ahead of them and grabbed martin, they probably thought there was going to be a run on RB's in the second round which clearly wasn't the case. so we really dont know who we would of picked had the bucs not traded up. i personally would like to think that it would of been fleener due to our situation at TE, which was far worst than our RB situation at the time that included jacobs.

Perhaps but I think they thought that Wilson would not be there when they picked in the 2nd round which is likely accurate and that after Wilson the talent dropped off. Maybe they were right and maybe they were wrong will have to wait and see.

giantsfan420
08-02-2012, 12:41 PM
Perhaps but I think they thought that Wilson would not be there when they picked in the 2nd round which is likely accurate and that after Wilson the talent dropped off. Maybe they were right and maybe they were wrong will have to wait and see.
i dont think the giants would rank any scenario higher than the one where they draft wilson and then randle last pick in the 2nd. randle was on their 1rst round board...if it wasnt fleener (whom I was ok with) then I wanted Randle. Turns out we got a gamebreak rb who has more quickness and speed than the other 1rst round backs and he combines that with excellent leg push and toughness.

i'd say our draft worked out absolutely perfect

giantsfan420
08-02-2012, 12:44 PM
(cont) and we got Bennett too who the Giants (and I) were very high on. Bennett is a better prospect to make a bigger impact right away than Fleener imho when u incoroporate run blocking

Cool Papa B.
08-02-2012, 01:44 PM

Prof. Dumbledore....Black unicorn...LOL He's obviously a Harry Potter fan. His TD celebrations have to be Harry Potter related IMO.

Neverend
08-02-2012, 01:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ean5p257B4

Sometimes I dream if we could have gotten Fleener in Round 1 then draft wilson in round 2 as some mock drafts had him going to the giants there quite often.

wuzpapn
08-02-2012, 01:54 PM
Prof. Dumbledore....Black unicorn...LOL He's obviously a Harry Potter fan. His TD celebrations have to be Harry Potter related IMO.

This is true. I just love his YouTube rap, even when he was apart of the Cowgirls. Hilarious everytime:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lP8fHN53t0

rainierjef
08-02-2012, 02:29 PM

i would just rather be surprised than dissapointed.
i can make the same case in saying it gets annoying how optimistic fans can be about a player that has not shown any type of good production and has not even played a down here.
like i said i was not thrilled at the idea but i am reserved with him, personally i don't think he produces better than ballard here, and will gladly eat my crow. the TE position to me is important cause a good Receiving/blocking TE springs the outside lanes gets to the second level and breaks our RBs for extra yards they keep the LB's honest cause they can torche them over the middle and in the seems, will signifiganlty help in the interception/YAC department cuase most times its a check down option for extra yards and not having to force a ball downfield to keep the drive alive.

JimC
08-02-2012, 02:35 PM
i'm fine with it. it's the nature of the game. when eli goes down then i will panic.

Shouldn't this say IF Eli goes down then I will panic?

ELIte4MVP
08-02-2012, 02:36 PM
i would just rather be surprised than dissapointed.
i can make the same case in saying it gets annoying how optimistic fans can be about a player that has not shown any type of good production and has not even played a down here.
like i said i was not thrilled at the idea but i am reserved with him, personally i don't think he produces better than ballard here, and will gladly eat my crow. the TE position to me is important cause a good Receiving/blocking TE springs the outside lanes gets to the second level and breaks our RBs for extra yards they keep the LB's honest cause they can torche them over the middle and in the seems, will signifiganlty help in the interception/YAC department cuase most times its a check down option for extra yards and not having to force a ball downfield to keep the drive alive.

first of all, i want to say that i do like fleener, and he would have been a great pick for us, and i would have wanted him in that spot if both martin and wilson were off the board. i definitely think the need was greater at running back.

the thing with fleener though, is he hasn't shown anything in the NFL yet. and i know that bennett has not shown anything in the pass game, he will be like an extra tackle on the offensive line, something we desperately need. we used to even throw a tackle at tight end on some downs, and they were obvious run plays. now, at least it will keep the defense A LITTLE more at bay. i am reserved to get excited about bennetts receiving ability, but i am excited about what he will bring to the run game. if we knew for a fact that fleener would have been as good a blocker in year one as bennett is now, i would have been fine taking him. Where bennett has one question mark in NFL competion in two aspects of his game (receiving ability and blocking), fleener has two question marks in NFL competion.

plus, i like fleener, and am excited for him to be on the colts with luck

rainierjef
08-02-2012, 03:51 PM
Shouldn't this say IF Eli goes down then I will panic?
yes you are right. thank you for correcting me. ( knock on wood)

rainierjef
08-02-2012, 04:16 PM
first of all, i want to say that i do like fleener, and he would have been a great pick for us, and i would have wanted him in that spot if both martin and wilson were off the board. i definitely think the need was greater at running back.

the thing with fleener though, is he hasn't shown anything in the NFL yet. and i know that bennett has not shown anything in the pass game, he will be like an extra tackle on the offensive line, something we desperately need. we used to even throw a tackle at tight end on some downs, and they were obvious run plays. now, at least it will keep the defense A LITTLE more at bay. i am reserved to get excited about bennetts receiving ability, but i am excited about what he will bring to the run game. if we knew for a fact that fleener would have been as good a blocker in year one as bennett is now, i would have been fine taking him. Where bennett has one question mark in NFL competion in two aspects of his game (receiving ability and blocking), fleener has two question marks in NFL competion.

plus, i like fleener, and am excited for him to be on the colts with luck
Cool i can agree with this. your right fleener can tank it this year. i amd just a bit reserved cuase of what previous coaches, analyst and what i saw of benett. yes i know he can block and thats great it will help bradshaw and wilson bounce outside. i just hope hes focused in camp and getting intune with eli and learning the routes and improving his catching cause we really need that versitile TE to get out there and catch some balls

ELIte4MVP
08-02-2012, 04:20 PM
Cool i can agree with this. your right fleener can tank it this year. i amd just a bit reserved cuase of what previous coaches, analyst and what i saw of benett. yes i know he can block and thats great it will help bradshaw and wilson bounce outside. i just hope hes focused in camp and getting intune with eli and learning the routes and improving his catching cause we really need that versitile TE to get out there and catch some balls

if, however, ballard stays with the patriots and we can't get him back, i think we need to address tight end next year regardless. i think adrien robinson has great potential, but i would like to look at a TE prospect who is more polished and NFL ready next year. even if somehow bennett does well and manages to re-sign here (unlikely) we still would need another TE i think, unless a more dire position comes up during or after this season

BillTheGreek
08-03-2012, 01:56 AM
I know Martellus Bennett is new to the team, but he will want to stick it to the Cow Girls ! Tom give him a chance ! And you will not be sorry.
Dallas 17 Giants 27