PDA

View Full Version : Giants' coach tom coughlin defends suspended tyler sash against nfl "watchdog"

RoanokeFan
08-01-2012, 06:32 PM
GIANTS' COACH TOM COUGHLIN DEFENDS SUSPENDED TYLER SASH AGAINST NFL "WATCHDOG"
(http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/08/giants_tom_coughlin_defends_su.html)
Excerpt: "When word broke on Tuesday Tyler Sash had been suspended (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/07/giants_tyler_sash_suspended_fo.html) for violating the league’s substance-abuse policy, the Giants (http://www.nj.com/giants)’ safety said his “intentions were pure.”
Today, Tom Coughlin defended Sash.

“There’s no issue with this young man. He doesn’t need any watchdog over him,” the Giants’ coach said after a rain-shortened practice. “Ignorance is no excuse for the law, I understand, but if he knows what’s expected he does it.” Read more...

Captain Chaos
08-01-2012, 09:23 PM
Player points for TC!

miked1958
08-01-2012, 10:27 PM
Is there a chance it gets reversed like Andre Browns 4 game Suspenion was

G4L
08-01-2012, 10:50 PM
I read that his appeal was denied, so he's off the active roster starting week 1 and can return Oct. 1. Still allowed to participate in preseason games. http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/sash_hit_with_four_game_ban_O0Y2JkBa0sqxntGNKup3iJ

jpmetrick
08-01-2012, 11:35 PM
Honestly, ive read so many conflicting things i dont know what opinion and whats fact. i've read that amphetamines and adderol look the same on a test, so many athletes claim it was adderol(and the smart ones even get a prescription for adderol to hide it) and i can't believe that goodell would keep the four game suspension for sash, and lift it for brown at appeal. with brown, it was an nfl doctor who supposedly messed up the paperwork, and with sash, he didnt go to an nfl doctor, he went to his hometown doctor who didnt know to fill out the paperwork. it just sucks either way you think about it. the 4 game suspension sounds severe, but that is the letter of the rule, and he did not fill out paperwork. given the circumstance, we all feel he should be given the benefit of the doubt, but, who knows what really happened. and id like to point out that just because he failed a test in march dos not mean thats when he started taking it. does this put an asterik on the superbowl? hell no, he was a rookie and barely played (what, special teams only?) im conflicted, but ill stick with just having to suck it up

BlueSanta
08-02-2012, 01:55 AM
. i've read that amphetamines and adderol look the same on a test

That is because Adderall is an amphetamine.

Rat_bastich
08-02-2012, 02:16 AM
Yeah, not sure about this whole situation but my understanding is that it could have been averted if Sash had gone through the proper channels and let the proper people know.

greenca190
08-02-2012, 02:27 AM
adderall is the brand name of amphetamine salts. sold by prescription only.

NorwoodBlue
08-02-2012, 01:59 PM
Amphetamines are not like some kind of growth hormone or steroid. Taking amphetamines in the off season would be totally useless to a player. Sash was taking them under a doctor's order in the off season. This suspension just doesn't make ay sense. I would hope the Giants would fight this, not because Sash is that much of an impact player; but some one needs to push back on this.

Toadofsteel
08-02-2012, 02:02 PM
TC wouldn't defend a player so vigorously unless he truly believed the player was being unjustly punished. This gives credence to Sash's side of the case...

njersey
08-02-2012, 02:12 PM
Amphetamines are not like some kind of growth hormone or steroid. Taking amphetamines in the off season would be totally useless to a player. Sash was taking them under a doctor's order in the off season. This suspension just doesn't make ay sense. I would hope the Giants would fight this, not because Sash is that much of an impact player; but some one needs to push back on this.

Amphetamines may help some as a pre-workout drug. Most pre-workout formulas contain some form of stimulant.