PDA

View Full Version : Okay, so A LOT of defenses in the league suck right now.

DJloves
12-12-2011, 12:28 AM
But is there any way ours can improve over the next three weeks, or is this what we're going to see from here on out? And by that I mean wide open guys in the middle of the field, our secondary slow as molasses, little pressure except by JPP, big holes in the d-line to allow for big running plays, allowing teams to march down the field in under a minute, etc. If that's the case, I really wish we'd blitz more and play man-on-man. At least try it our for a little while, Fewell!

Secondly, do we get KP back this week?

GMENAGAIN
12-12-2011, 12:31 AM
Our defense is absolutely embarassing . . . . I would like to blame injuries, but honestly injuries didn't seem to have anything to do with it today . . ..

Pakman
12-12-2011, 12:33 AM
The fact that all those big plays happen in the game that KP is out...shows me that this can be fixed.

With KP back there ..I don't think we gave up 3 big pass plays all season. We gave up 3 in one game

buddy33
They should see if JPP can play CB.

Seriously though, I have been asking what is wrong with them. No, they where never a great defense this year, but they where not this bad until a few weeks ago.

I mean they played the Patriots very well, the Saints game was a disaster, and I thought they played ok last week and the refs didn't help. This game though, ouch. Looks like Rolle needs to stop talking and start playing. It looks like he was the one that blew that coverage when Webster let his man run by.

FUUFNF
The "communication" in the secondary, or should I say lack thereof, needs to get fixed and quick... Webster and Rolle ain't some scrubs that are in because of injuries.

buddy33
12-12-2011, 12:34 AM
Our defense is absolutely embarassing . . . . I would like to blame injuries, but honestly injuries didn't seem to have anything to do with it today . . ..*

Really? You don't think they could have been better with TT, a more seasoned Prince, and KP?

DJloves
12-12-2011, 12:39 AM
The "communication" in the secondary, or should I say lack thereof, needs to get fixed and quick... Webster and Rolle ain't some scrubs that are in because of injuries.

Good point. And that is something that is tangible and can be fixed.

Hopefully we get KP back this week as well.

But man, I'd really like to see more sacks! And closing those gaps in the running lane.

Oh, and what is up with our poor tackling? I thought this was something that would be adjusted weeks ago, but we are so soft sometimes and end up giving 4+ more yards than we have to. This happened numerous times today.

GMENAGAIN
12-12-2011, 12:41 AM
Our defense is absolutely embarassing . . . . I would like to blame injuries, but honestly injuries didn't seem to have anything to do with it today . . .. Really? You don't think they could have been better with TT, a more seasoned Prince, and KP?</P>

Yes with TT, but he has been out all season, so it's kind of lame to say that at this point in the season.</P>

Where did KP's replacement make a horrible play. It looked to me that the horrible plays were made by Ross and Rolle . . . . .</P>

Amakamura was out on the field, so to go back and say he would be better if he wasn't injured early in the season is a little lame too . . . </P>

T-Murda84
12-12-2011, 12:50 AM
Im not buying into any injury excuse...most of these guys been in the same system for years.....There is no excuse for Rolle, Grant, Ross, and Webster to be having these miscommunications. This is what got Sheridan fired. Jerry Reese even said that year, that we gave up to many explosive plays on the backend of our Defense....AND ITS STILL A FREAKON PROBLEM.

This secondary cannot play tight man to man coverage...and they are to dumb to know what zones they are covering. I think we even pulled Tyler Sash out of the game...its getting ridicuolous. U cant blame Fewell for this...is secondary is the worse in the league.

buddy33
12-12-2011, 12:53 AM
Our defense is absolutely embarassing . . . . I would like to blame injuries, but honestly injuries didn't seem to have anything to do with it today . . ..* Really? You don't think they could have been better with TT, a more seasoned Prince, and KP?</P>

Yes with TT, but he has been out all season, so it's kind of lame to say that at this point in the season.</P>

Where did KP's replacement make a horrible play.* It looked to me that the horrible plays were made by Ross and Rolle . . . . .</P>

Amakamura was out on the field, so to go back and say he would be better if he wasn't injured early in the season is a little lame too .* . . *</P>

Prince is out there because they have no one else. It's not lame to think that had he played 12 full games already he might have a Bette grasp of the game. Also for every bad play you see Ross make just think if that was TT. Had KP played maye he makes a difference as well.

PIERCEnumber58rules
12-12-2011, 12:53 AM
Our defense is absolutely embarassing . . . . I would like to blame injuries, but honestly injuries didn't seem to have anything to do with it today . . ..*

Really? You don't think they could have been better with TT, a more seasoned Prince, and KP?

Prince has really disappointed me thus far. I expected more from him, with all the hype. KP played in the NO game, didn't he? He's been involved- as has T2- in these embarrassing defensive performances. Web, Ross, Prince, Grant, and Rolle- on paper- is an impressive secondary. On the field, they suck right now and have never been consistent. They always cave at the end of games. The only thing that could save Perry's job in my opinion is a trip to the NFCCG. Anything short of that, I want him canned.

buddy33
12-12-2011, 12:58 AM
Lol. Prince has disappointed you? He had one practice before he was injured and just got back a few weeks ago. No OTA's, no pre season, and he is supposed to be a shut down corner already?

He needs experience. Even great players struggle their 1st few times out and he has not played a lot either.

DJloves
12-12-2011, 12:58 AM
Our defense is absolutely embarassing . . . . I would like to blame injuries, but honestly injuries didn't seem to have anything to do with it today . . ..

Prince has really disappointed me thus far. I expected more from him, with all the hype. KP played in the NO game, didn't he? He's been involved- as has T2- in these embarrassing defensive performances. Web, Ross, Prince, Grant, and Rolle- on paper- is an impressive secondary. On the field, they suck right now and have never been consistent. They always cave at the end of games. The only thing that could save Perry's job in my opinion is a trip to the NFCCG. Anything short of that, I want him canned.

With those names, I don't get why our secondary is so bad. They were so slow tonight and never in position to make a good play! But it *would* help if our d-line got more pressure.

Blue58
12-12-2011, 01:01 AM
Remedy for the D, is the offense to score 45pts a game.........but is that enough?

DJloves
12-12-2011, 01:06 AM
Because I'm a girl and list-maker.

List of improvement:

1. More sacks/pressure
2. Closing gaps in running lanes
3. Better tackling to save a few yards
4. Better communication in secondary
5. More speed, if possible lol, to reduce big plays against our secondary and get more interceptions
6. LBs need to do a better job of defending the short screens/passes

PIERCEnumber58rules
12-12-2011, 01:11 AM
Lol. Prince has disappointed you? He had one practice before he was injured and just got back a few weeks ago. No OTA's, no pre season, and he is supposed to be a shut down corner already?

He needs experience. Even great players struggle their 1st few times out and he has not played a lot either.

Fair enough. I'm just going by what I see now. And he's showed no glimpses of anything. Hopefully he turns into a decent CB. I'm rooting for him, but I gotta see something.

JMFP2
12-12-2011, 01:11 AM
Injuries play a big factor here....but the secondary is clearly not comfortable.</P>

I really think Fewell needs to lean more heavily on the blitz. I understand that creates otherproblems, but with how Eli is playing, I think Fewell can afford to gamble more.</P>

It would be one thing if his Cover 2 wasstopping defenses, but they aren't even slowing them down.</P>

However, the Giants have played Brees, Rodgers, and Romo the last 3 games....that's really a Murderer's row for any defense.</P>

Still, when you've got someone like Eli on offense, time to get more aggressive.</P>

Beelzeboss
12-12-2011, 01:18 AM
Our secondary looked terrible, and I am so sick of 3 man rushes when our secondary has clearly been playing poorly. Fewell must be the most stubborn coach alive. If you give a decent QB with a ton of weapons, a ton of time in the pocket, you are going to get beat every time. I remember Gruden talking about this same thing before the new orleans game, you have to blitz good qbs! and here we are weeks later and still giving every QB we play all day to sit in the pocket and pick us apart.

JJC7301
12-12-2011, 01:26 AM
Im not buying into any injury excuse...most of these guys been in the same system for years.....There is no excuse for Rolle, Grant, Ross, and Webster to be having these miscommunications. This is what got Sheridan fired. Jerry Reese even said that year, that we gave up to many explosive plays on the backend of our Defense....AND ITS STILL A FREAKON PROBLEM.

This secondary cannot play tight man to man coverage...and they are to dumb to know what zones they are covering. I think we even pulled Tyler Sash out of the game...its getting ridicuolous. U cant blame Fewell for this...is secondary is the worse in the league.
Why NOT blame Fewell? They don't sack, they don't stop the run, they don't stop the pass. Regardless if the Giants make the playoffs (which is a big IF), Fewell should not be back next year.

DJloves
12-12-2011, 01:30 AM
Our secondary looked terrible, and I am so sick of 3 man rushes when our secondary has clearly been playing poorly. Fewell must be the most stubborn coach alive. If you give a decent QB with a ton of weapons, a ton of time in the pocket, you are going to get beat every time. I remember Gruden talking about this same thing before the new orleans game, you have to blitz good qbs! and here we are weeks later and still giving every QB we play all day to sit in the pocket and pick us apart.

+1. Every time I think "too much time," the QB gets off a good play.

Beelzeboss
12-12-2011, 01:32 AM

Why NOT blame Fewell? They don't sack, they don't stop the run, they don't stop the pass. Regardless if the Giants make the playoffs (which is a big IF), Fewell should not be back next year.

+1

The D looks absolutely atrocious and other than TT, I can't see any other injured player making much of a difference to the overall defense this year had they been healthy.