PDA

View Full Version : Doctors who have examined Thomas so far do not believe he has a torn ACL and they...

WhereTrelAt?
08-01-2012, 09:36 PM
are optimistic he will play again this season.

Adam Schefter - "Giants CB Terrell Thomas is scheduled to meet Tuesday in Pensacola, Florida with Dr. James Andrews. But doctors who have examined Thomas so far do not believe he has a torn ACL and they are optimistic he will play again this season."

ozzie0075
08-01-2012, 09:37 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter Giants CB Terrell Thomas is scheduled to meet Tuesday in Pensacola, Florida with Dr. James Andrews. But doctors who have examined Thomas so far do not believe he has a torn ACL and they are optimistic he will play again this season.

nygmen90
08-01-2012, 09:38 PM
thats good news but being that it is the knee that was already hurt there is something not right....

RoanokeFan
08-01-2012, 09:45 PM
I am sure T2 is relieved. Let's hope for the best

Captain Chaos
08-01-2012, 09:48 PM
We are all hoping for the best, good luck T2

rainierjef
08-01-2012, 09:49 PM
I am sure T2 is relieved. Let's hope for the best
...........+1

nYg24
08-01-2012, 10:01 PM
Just read this, really hope he's ok and can get back on the field. Felt terrible when i heard he hurt his knee again.

GameTime
08-01-2012, 10:08 PM
One more trip to Florida to see DR. Andrews.....
just heard it on ESPN NY radio....

lets get all the good thoughts out there for TT....

miked1958
08-01-2012, 10:10 PM
Just read this, really hope he's ok and can get back on the field. Felt terrible when i heard he hurt his knee again.So how does that sit with the roster? He is not eligible for PUP so do you IR him and get him back later in year?

miked1958
08-01-2012, 10:11 PM
Great news

speed3freak
08-01-2012, 10:20 PM
So how does that sit with the roster? He is not eligible for PUP so do you IR him and get him back later in year?

I think that is TBD. We may IR him and see how quickly his knee comes along; the only issue is that we get ONE chance at activating a player from IR. What if we plan to do this on Thomas, and say (knock on wood) eli gets hurt in camp and is out for 7 games? We would need to IR Eli and activate him later.

Redeyejedi
08-01-2012, 10:23 PM
He got hurt with slight contact it would be great if he could play but im not holding out much hope

NYGiantsFan56
08-01-2012, 10:25 PM
So how does that sit with the roster? He is not eligible for PUP so do you IR him and get him back later in year? Very simple solution. If this report is correct, then you keep Thomas on roster as one of 53 but don't suit him up. Keep Sintim and Beckum on PUP, and after six weeks Giants decide if Thomas plays for year or do you activate either Sintim or Beckum or IR one or both of them. We'll know by week six if Thomas can play.

joemorrisforprez
08-01-2012, 10:28 PM
It will depend on whether it is an ACL strain or tear....let's hope it's a strain, and then the G-Men can figure it out.

Either way, T2 needs to chill out and not put a timetable on this. I'm more concerned about his career than this season.

NYGiantsFan56
08-01-2012, 10:34 PM
It will depend on whether it is an ACL strain or tear....let's hope it's a strain, and then the G-Men can figure it out.

Either way, T2 needs to chill out and not put a timetable on this. I'm more concerned about his career than this season.
You are correct. Thats why Giants won't have to make a quick decision. They can stash Sintim and Beckum on PUP and give Thomas one of the 53 spots and see if he's be ready after week 6. If not IR Thomas and let him heal fully for next year. his knee will be stronger

YATittle1962
08-01-2012, 11:13 PM
Good news for Terrell

loaded30
08-01-2012, 11:13 PM
We are all hoping for the best, good luck T2Good luck T2. We need you.

jpmetrick
08-01-2012, 11:29 PM
frankly, i dont care if he doesnt play a down at all this season. I'd be happy for the man if he didnt retear it. he might need another full year to return if doing some non padded drills caused whatever injury hes got. and btw, what you suggested, keeping him on the 53 man roster, is exactly what they did with peyton manning all of last year. its possible, and works, carried him the entire season

BigBlue2010
08-01-2012, 11:32 PM
I know "one of the good guy's" is an overused cliche but when a guy prints out +2000 shirts for fans he deservesit. Praying for you TT.

greenca190
08-01-2012, 11:40 PM
I think that is TBD. We may IR him and see how quickly his knee comes along; the only issue is that we get ONE chance at activating a player from IR. What if we plan to do this on Thomas, and say (knock on wood) eli gets hurt in camp and is out for 7 games? We would need to IR Eli and activate him later.

if that happens, then we play with 52.

JJC7301
08-01-2012, 11:46 PM
are optimistic he will play again this season.

Adam Schefter - "Giants CB Terrell Thomas is scheduled to meet Tuesday in Pensacola, Florida with Dr. James Andrews. But doctors who have examined Thomas so far do not believe he has a torn ACL and they are optimistic he will play again this season."

Sorry to be negative (I'm always negative when injuries pile up during training before the actual season starts), but I'll breathe easier when TT is actually on the field come the 1st game of the season.

The Giants' recent history with slews of injuries during this time of the year makes me hesitant.

Fuhgeddaboutit
08-01-2012, 11:51 PM
Well, then let's hope it's something minor. I'm hoping to finally see TT play.

titwio
08-01-2012, 11:51 PM
Man I really wish the guy the best...I know people are praying big time for him. He deserves to play and not have his career end like this.

The horrible way he got freakishly leg whipped by JPP last year to now after all the hard work he put into getting back....it would just be too sad. If the Giants get him back on the field I know the guys will rally for him and he'll play like every game is his last. Hell..I would too if I were him and got a second chance.

nhpgiantsfan
08-01-2012, 11:54 PM
Torn or not torn. It seems to me his knee isn't ready to handle the abuse of an nfl season. I doubt we see him at all this year.

B-Red22
08-02-2012, 01:28 AM
this is great news, but i'm not going to get ahead of myself, we are bit by the injury bug every year.

BlueSanta
08-02-2012, 02:00 AM
Torn or not torn. It seems to me his knee isn't ready to handle the abuse of an nfl season. I doubt we see him at all this year.

Unfortunately I agree. Or at least I think that is the best way to approach the season. You know, prepare for the worst and all that....

Furthermore, the way his contract is designed(cheap this year with huge escalation next) I think he will need significant playing time to convince our front office to go ahead with his contract after this year=/

Eli TO Shockey
08-02-2012, 03:33 AM
frankly, i dont care if he doesnt play a down at all this season. I'd be happy for the man if he didnt retear it. he might need another full year to return if doing some non padded drills caused whatever injury hes got. and btw, what you suggested, keeping him on the 53 man roster, is exactly what they did with peyton manning all of last year. its possible, and works, carried him the entire season

lol what was their record?

Eli TO Shockey
08-02-2012, 03:35 AM
can someone explain to me why we cant PUP list him? thanks

BlueSanta
08-02-2012, 04:13 AM
can someone explain to me why we cant PUP list him? thanks

It is 1 of the wierd classifications they have for injuries. You cannot go onto the PUP once you have taken the field for the preseason. There are actually 2 PUP lists , 1 for preseason and 1 for the season.

Antwuan
08-02-2012, 05:57 AM
Great News!!!

I hoping for the best for T2.

Redeyejedi
08-02-2012, 08:27 AM
Unfortunately I agree. Or at least I think that is the best way to approach the season. You know, prepare for the worst and all that....

Furthermore, the way his contract is designed(cheap this year with huge escalation next) I think he will need significant playing time to convince our front office to go ahead with his contract after this year=/I dont think they ever planned on giving him that money. I think that was more of a ploy to buy time for Amukumara and a Draft pick. Now no way in hell they pay him that. Thomas is probably a non guaranteed 1 year contracts the rest of his career

Theismann'sLeg
08-02-2012, 11:36 AM
So how does that sit with the roster? He is not eligible for PUP so do you IR him and get him back later in year?

If he gets IR'd he'd have to be out for the year. If he gets placed on the PUP list he would be out the first 6 weeks than they'd have to make a decision on him to either activate him or IR him.

wuzpapn
08-02-2012, 11:47 AM
I agree with Coach Coughlin, more research needs to be done with these repeat ACL injuries. This should not be happening to players like Hixon and Thomas.

You can't help but feel for Thomas, especially if you follow him on twitter. During the whole season he was out he was nothing but supportive of the team and reamined highly faithful. It's such a heartbreaker when it's a deja vu on an injury such as that. I really hope it's nothing serious. It would be nice to see him back on the field, but we definitely have enough talent in the CB position to fill it.

Morehead State
08-02-2012, 11:50 AM
Didn't they change the rules about IR. I thought you could bring someone back in the same season.

thomsoad
08-02-2012, 12:42 PM
The problem is the players rush themselves back too early. Which i completely understand. But i see more and more evidence that one year just isnt enough to get the tear healthy enough. And even when the player does come back it seems like they are not the same player til the following year. ACL tears should be minimum 18 months if not 24.

BigBlue1971
08-02-2012, 01:09 PM
Didn't they change the rules about IR. I thought you could bring someone back in the same season.

not totally sure but i thought those changes were for the 2013 season!

gmen46
08-02-2012, 02:19 PM

The issue was raised in both off season owners meetings, but I never heard if they voted to change rule, or if they decided to postpone decision to next winter. My guess would be they postponed, because it's such a big deal rule for players, coaches, and fans, that we all would know it for sure.

gmen46
08-02-2012, 02:23 PM
The problem is the players rush themselves back too early. Which i completely understand. But i see more and more evidence that one year just isnt enough to get the tear healthy enough. And even when the player does come back it seems like they are not the same player til the following year. ACL tears should be minimum 18 months if not 24.

Players do not rush themselves back too early. They have no final say in the matter. That's a team's medical staff decision first, then a coach's decision as to how much on field activity, once medical clearance is given. A player can give his input and opinion, but it is no longer his decision in today's NFL.

cruz missle
08-02-2012, 03:02 PM
I don't want to sound like a hater, but does anyone else not want him back on the field? I hope he is okay and could have a career, but it seems like a risk to give this guy a spot with the HUGE risk that he is gonna get hurt again. The dude can't make it out of training camp without an injury

jomo
08-02-2012, 08:12 PM
I am skeptical, though that is my nature. The early medical opinions are coming from guys who want to protect their reputations either as the ones who did the surgery or were part of the team that cleared him to play. I am also hopeful that the best case scenario will play out. He's a great kid. Go Blue!