PDA

View Full Version : Jaiquan Williams...has he put on weight this offseason????

LB5656
08-02-2012, 02:22 AM
Looks like he's had a pretty camp thus far. I truly believe this guy is the future of this LB core...if he can put on a little muscle and some weight! Has anybody heard or anybody at camp notice anything different? I'm pretty surprised I haven't heard more talk about him, he was basically a part time starter last year.

BlueSanta
08-02-2012, 04:08 AM
Looks like he's had a pretty camp thus far. I truly believe this guy is the future of this LB core...if he can put on a little muscle and some weight! Has anybody heard or anybody at camp notice anything different? I'm pretty surprised I haven't heard more talk about him, he was basically a part time starter last year.
Ive read that he might be the guy to replace Grant in the hybrid role that he played for us last year.

Redeyejedi
08-02-2012, 09:08 AM
Looks like he's had a pretty camp thus far. I truly believe this guy is the future of this LB core...if he can put on a little muscle and some weight! Has anybody heard or anybody at camp notice anything different? I'm pretty surprised I haven't heard more talk about him, he was basically a part time starter last year. I love Willams I hope they figure out how to get him on the field more. When I started going through his college games I was amazed he fell through the cracks.Teams didnt show that much interest other then Bucs and Bears the Giants still used a pick on him.Its another example of just how good the giants scouts are to pull these guys from relative obscurity. With his frame ,Speed and athletic ability he has a very high ceiling. ive been much more impressed with Williams then the other young LB's on the roster. Speaking of other guys I think the Giants might of found a gem in Matt Mccants as well. Very quick feet and a very long frame. I love these type of late round picks when u swing for the fences on a raw physically talented player.

giantsfan420
08-02-2012, 09:42 AM
the idea of Jwill replacing grant as that 3rd hybrid safety is interesting. Jwill seems to have the athleticism and speed needed to do that. I wonder if he could convert to more of a safety

penguinfarmer
08-02-2012, 09:52 AM
He has gained weight. I believe he weighed in at 231, but that may come down a shade as activities progress.

GMENAGAIN
08-02-2012, 10:25 AM
He is now a solid 325 pounds and hasn't lost an ounce of his speed or quickness!

GiantFanatic55
08-02-2012, 12:54 PM
He gained 20 pounds going from 220 to 240 and says he hasn't lost any speed and he's been more physical in camp

Toadofsteel
08-02-2012, 02:05 PM
He is now a solid 325 pounds and hasn't lost an ounce of his speed or quickness!

I wish I could be that quick at 325!

:P

LB5656
08-02-2012, 02:10 PM
He gained 20 pounds going from 220 to 240 and says he hasn't lost any speed and he's been more physical in camp

That's great to hear, do you have a link to that by any chance? Believe me I've tried.

Cool Papa B.
08-02-2012, 02:40 PM
I wish I could be that quick at 325!

:P

LOL LOL from 225lbs to 325lbs. That's a whooooole lot of protien shakes during the off season. Just kidding. Pretty sure he meant McCants.

penguinfarmer
08-02-2012, 05:56 PM
That's great to hear, do you have a link to that by any chance? Believe me I've tried.
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/15530/jacquian-williams-is-bigger-not-slower

Cool Papa B.
08-02-2012, 06:02 PM
20 lbs of muscle and still just as quick as last season?....this dude will be a stud OLB for many years to come!

jomo
08-02-2012, 08:08 PM
You can't coach speed and JW has great speed for the position. With a year's experience under his belt and an extra 20 pounds, he is poised to be a real force for us on D. Go Blue!!

FLNYGFAN
08-02-2012, 10:52 PM
Nice to see the weight gain with no loss of speed.

Expecting big things from him this season.

JJC7301
08-02-2012, 11:25 PM
Agreed! Love me some J. Will!

tonyt830
08-03-2012, 07:35 AM
You can't coach speed and JW has great speed for the position. With a year's experience under his belt and an extra 20 pounds, he is poised to be a real force for us on D. Go Blue!!agreed. As JWill gets more playing time, he could be our future WLB for many years to come. I look forward to seeing him more this year. That would be an added bonus if he can effectively fill that S/LB hybrid spot this year.