PDA

View Full Version : 1,000 yards receiving!

supergiants07
12-12-2011, 01:35 AM
Hakeem Nick just went over 1,000 yards tonight with his game high 154 yards. That's two 1,000 yard receivers with 3 games left. I don't ever remember a Giants team with 2 receivers over 1,000 yards.

Congrats to Nicks and what a year for Cruz, Nicks, and Manning.

NYGRealityCheck
12-12-2011, 01:38 AM
Nicks, Manningham, Cruz combo is back.... Watch out!!!!

titwio
12-12-2011, 01:39 AM
Nicks had over a 100 yards in the first half. Great game...But he has to stop getting caught at the 1 yard line.

He's been getting close all year and just coming up short. C'mon Hakeem...Get that last yard. lol.

mkg
12-12-2011, 01:39 AM
was going to point this out myself, but you beat me to it! LOVE IT!

smashndash715
12-12-2011, 01:40 AM
Nicks had over a 100 yards in the first half. Great game...But he has to stop getting caught at the 1 yard line.

He's been getting close all year and just coming up short. C'mon Hakeem...Get that last yard. lol.

yea especially for fantasy purposes lol..but he really is a top 10 reciever

nYg24
12-12-2011, 01:41 AM
Hoping we can keep the Nicks, Cruz and Manningham trio for a while. Got a feeling Mario is gonna be gone next year though.

smashndash715
12-12-2011, 01:52 AM
Hoping we can keep the Nicks, Cruz and Manningham trio for a while. Got a feeling Mario is gonna be gone next year though.

MM will be gone..to prone to drops and bad route running...BUT..mark my words..barden will replace him just fine

miked1958
12-12-2011, 09:10 AM
We will have three 1000 yard guys next season and the third will be Barden. MM will be gone

bleedinblue27
12-12-2011, 09:23 AM
2 outa 3.....Manningham can be traded for all i care! he is good but when it come down to the big catches he is not there! 5 or 6 time this year he missed big first down or touchdown catch!!
GO BLUE!!

nygsb42champs
12-12-2011, 09:24 AM
Way to go Hakeem!

NYGiants2120
12-12-2011, 09:25 AM

He's been getting close all year and just coming up short. C'mon Hakeem...Get that last yard. lol.Over a 100 in the first quarter actually...

egyptian420
12-12-2011, 09:26 AM
this number seems to be correlated with the amount of yards we give up on defense over the last 3 weeks

Kingb50
12-12-2011, 09:28 AM
Great game Nicks!! And Im glad to see Jacobs running with some authority.

Redeyejedi
12-12-2011, 09:28 AM
2 outa 3.....Manningham can be traded for all i care! he is good but when it come down to the big catches he is not there! 5 or 6 time this year he missed big first down or touchdown catch!!
GO BLUE!!He had that insane catch on the sideline against SF on 4th down. Im glad he dropped that TD last night .They would of lost the game had he caught it

TuckYou
12-12-2011, 09:31 AM
To be honest, I liked when we had 2 1000 yard rushers. That is more impressive IMO. This is nice though, but I think it shows you we throw way to much.

laihovalo9
12-12-2011, 09:48 AM

MM will be gone..to prone to drops and bad route running...BUT..mark my words..barden will replace him just fine

I'm a Hixon fan and I hope He is able to come back next year and step up. He looked really promising up until the rams game.....

miked1958
12-12-2011, 09:52 AM
this number seems to be correlated with the amount of yards we give up on defense over the last 3 weeks
</P>

Lol.. so true</P>

miked1958
12-12-2011, 09:55 AM
Nicks, Manningham, Cruz combo is back.... Watch out!!!! 2 outa 3.....Manningham can be traded for all i care! he is good but when it come down to the big catches he is not there! 5 or 6 time this year he missed big first down or touchdown catch!! GO BLUE!!He had that insane catch on the sideline against SF on 4th down. Im glad he dropped that TD last night .They would of lost the game had he caught it</P>

You know i thought the same thing when the announcers were saying he blew the game dropping an easy catch. I actually cheered that he didnt catch it so soon. LOL&gt; sad right? I also was hoping BJ got stopped again on 2nd down because the cowboys were out of timeouts and we still had 2downs to punch it in. So i am thinking we can run down the clock and score with no time left. Pretty sad you cant even TRUST YOU D to kill 58 or 46 seconds... REALLY SAD WE HAVE TO THINK THAT WAY&lt; BUT IT IS WHAT IT IS</P>

Moss#83
12-12-2011, 10:06 AM
Nicks, Manningham, Cruz combo is back.... Watch out!!!! 2 outa 3.....Manningham can be traded for all i care! he is good but when it come down to the big catches he is not there! 5 or 6 time this year he missed big first down or touchdown catch!! GO BLUE!!He had that insane catch on the sideline against SF on 4th down. Im glad he dropped that TD last night .They would of lost the game had he caught it</P>

You know i thought the same thing when the announcers were saying he blew the game dropping an easy catch. I actually cheered that he didnt catch it so soon. LOL> sad right? I also was hoping BJ got stopped again on 2nd down because the cowboys were out of timeouts and we still had 2downs to punch it in. So i am thinking we can run down the clock and score with no time left. Pretty sad you cant even TRUST YOU D to kill 58 or 46 seconds... REALLY SAD WE HAVE TO THINK THAT WAY< BUT IT IS WHAT IT IS</P>The Manningham dropped benefited us last night but nobody in the NFL makes that throw. I mean nobody.

He dropped a beautiful thrown pass that sliced up the defenders. Manning has made some spectacular throws this year but that probably was his best.

Drez
12-12-2011, 10:14 AM
Hakeem Nick just went over 1,000 yards tonight with his game high 154 yards. That's two 1,000 yard receivers with 3 games left. I don't ever remember a Giants team with 2 receivers over 1,000 yards. Congrats to Nicks and what a year for Cruz, Nicks, and Manning.</P>

The reason you can't remember it ever happening is because it hasn't ever happened before. We were one of only 4 teams to never have had 2 1,000 yard receivers in a single season (can't remember who the others were).</P>

smashndash715
12-12-2011, 12:39 PM

I'm a Hixon fan and I hope He is able to come back next year and step up. He looked really promising up until the rams game.....

i like hixon also but back to back injuries makes it a shaky situation

Kruunch
12-12-2011, 12:41 PM

You got him on your fantasy team too, huh?

titwio
12-12-2011, 03:33 PM

You got him on your fantasy team too, huh?

Youknowit :)