PDA

View Full Version : o line

ryan12
08-02-2012, 01:44 PM
what has the starting o line looked like in camp? who do you think will be our starting 5 going into week one? for me

lt beatty
lg boothe
c bass
rg snee
rt diehl

we have some depth with pirtrus brewer and mosley

Toadofsteel
08-02-2012, 02:01 PM
I think Diehl might lose the starting job to Brewer or Mosley unless he steps his game up. Don't get me wrong, I really like the guy, but he's been pretty awful the past 2 years...

fansince69
08-02-2012, 07:41 PM
I think Locklear must have his name thrown in that competition also.

jomo
08-02-2012, 07:59 PM
I think Locklear must have his name thrown in that competition also.Competition is always good. A TC coached team is always a meritocracy. If someone beats out Diehl it means our OL is stronger. That is how championship teams are built; continuous improvement, big and small at every position and coaching slot too. :)

fansince69
08-02-2012, 09:50 PM
Competition is always good. A TC coached team is always a meritocracy. If someone beats out Diehl it means our OL is stronger. That is how championship teams are built; continuous improvement, big and small at every position and coaching slot too. :)

I agree.... which is why I mentioned one of the candidates left off the list.

JJC7301
08-02-2012, 11:31 PM
I think Diehl might lose the starting job to Brewer or Mosley unless he steps his game up. Don't get me wrong, I really like the guy, but he's been pretty awful the past 2 years...
+1. I really don't think that both Diehl AND Beatty will be starting this year going into game 1. Someone's going to step up and start over one of those two. This new starter may not be gangbusters, but will earn it more because Diehl and Beatty aren't that great.

I'm not crazy about our starting o-line no matter who starts, but I like the overall depth.

Rat_bastich
08-03-2012, 01:34 AM
Competition is always good. A TC coached team is always a meritocracy. If someone beats out Diehl it means our OL is stronger. That is how championship teams are built; continuous improvement, big and small at every position and coaching slot too. :)

100%. Coughlin always goes with who shows him more. He doesn't care if you were undrafted or a first round pick, and the Giants as an organization stand behind the coach and do not interfere based on pay scale.

tonyt830
08-03-2012, 07:27 AM
I'm thinking they may carry 9 O-linemen. I guess right now I would pretty much agree that our starting 5 will be Beatty, Diehl, Booth, Snee and Baas. But who knows, nothing is a given right now. I think Petrus, Brewer, Locklear, and Mosley are kept for depth.

Maybe the Giants put McCants on the practice squad.

And cant forget Cordle and Capers---don't know if they are practice squad eligible?

embeshAtYa
08-03-2012, 11:11 AM
At least we have the guys to put together a good line and still have depth

Snappinnecks
08-03-2012, 12:15 PM
Still don't like the offensive line. We need to be stronger and more explosive. I still see us having issues in short yardage situations. Beatty doesn't look any bigger or stronger than the day he walked off the UCONN campus. If I was getting paid what he is my butt would be in the GYM 24/7!!

fansince69
08-03-2012, 01:00 PM
Still don't like the offensive line. We need to be stronger and more explosive. I still see us having issues in short yardage situations. Beatty doesn't look any bigger or stronger than the day he walked off the UCONN campus. If I was getting paid what he is my butt would be in the GYM 24/7!!

this might be a case of the chicken and the egg....,but if you were in the gym 24/7....you might be getting paid what he does.

NorwoodBlue
08-03-2012, 03:45 PM
No way does Diehl get beat out. He's been a fixture on the line for the last decade, and until it's painfully obvious he's not longer an NFL caliber lineman, he keeps his position. I think Beatty may have to hold off Locklear; but I can't see TC replacing Diehl. I think Brewer and Mosley sit for this year, and next year maybe TC tells Diehl it's time to pack it in.

Remember, they let O'Hara and Seubert go during the off-season, same with McKenzie; it's just not likely you'll see a guy who helped win two superbowls benched.

The boldest move TC could make:

LT Locklear
LG Petrus
C Boothe
RG Snee
RT Diehl, Brewer/Mosley Brewer might be the best option today, can't wait to see him in action in pre-season to see if he's progressed

Chances of it happening- 0%