PDA

View Full Version : will hill

ELIte4MVP
08-02-2012, 02:40 PM
Jones also working at OLB some too. S Will Hill being used up at same spot Deon Grant used to be when lining up with LBs.

courtesy of Ohm Youngmisuk on twitter

I absolutely love this kid, and this actually may be a really good role for him. Getting that athleticism on the field will be awesome. And as sound as Grant was, he did lack athleticism. His mentality and veteran leadership made up for the lack of athleticism, but some times (example vernon davis touchdown in the NFCC) his lack of speed showed

Buddy333
08-02-2012, 02:47 PM
He has a ton of athletic ability and it seems as though he has been showing it off in camp. This guy could be a huge get by the Giants.

nygmen90
08-02-2012, 02:50 PM
i wish i could get up to camp to see him...any1 have any film on him?

titwio
08-02-2012, 03:02 PM
i wish i could get up to camp to see him...any1 have any film on him?

There's not a lot I can find but here's a sample I guess of his athleticism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQK0xhpkE4Y

The guy to ask for video around here is Redeyejedi. He might have some footage.

nygmen90
08-02-2012, 03:05 PM
There's not a lot I can find but here's a sample I guess of his athleticism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQK0xhpkE4Y

The guy to ask for video around here is Redeyejedi. He might have some footage.
Thanks man

Itlan
08-02-2012, 03:06 PM
I went to school with him. Phenomenal athlete, total **** of a person. That's all I really have to say.

nygmen90
08-02-2012, 03:09 PM
I went to school with him. Phenomenal athlete, total **** of a person. That's all I really have to say.

in what way was he a bad person? ****y?

jpmetrick
08-02-2012, 03:26 PM
heres to hoping that being undrafted killed his ego and made him humble. cuz he def has talent from these clips

BlueSanta
08-02-2012, 03:37 PM
I have seen this kid play a fair amount during his time in FL. There are so many things to like:

1) he is a very good tackler.
2) he is very athletic
3) He is a special teams monster.
4) most importantly, his biggest games came against Georgia, FSU, and South Carolina. To the Gators, that would be the equivament of a Giants player having his best 3 games vs the Cowboys, Eagles and Redskins. It shows he plays big in big games.

The thing you cannot overlook is his character concerns and some of the bad decisions he made. Anyone who is familiar with the poor choices this kid made will know exactly what I mean. I hope his being undrafted in 2011 and his time spent in the arena league helped this kid grow up.

GoDeep80
08-02-2012, 04:19 PM
Just checked OHM's twitter. Apparently Hill is turning in quite a practice, even impressed TC.

Buddy333
08-02-2012, 04:33 PM
Well he did say he learned his lesson. He was the #1 athlete in the country going to he #1 college football team in the country. I think he even played as a freshman and Florida won the National title that year. So maybe he fame was to much? I think he sounds like he is going to show he is ready and make this team. He could be a huge find for Reese.

egyptian420
08-02-2012, 08:51 PM
What did he actually do (negative character concerns)?

Itlan
08-02-2012, 09:04 PM

Mostly has to do with the fact he has several children to different women at such a young age, failed marijuana tests, and had a twitter account saying some raunchy stuff (mostly about "*****s" and weed).

As for the person who asked me how he was a ****ty person in high school, he was basically just a thug. Best way I can put it. Don't want to get into specifics.

GMENAGAIN
08-02-2012, 09:08 PM

http://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/02/former_st_peters_star_will_hil.html

titwio
08-02-2012, 09:14 PM
Mostly has to do with the fact he has several children to different women at such a young age, failed marijuana tests, and had a twitter account saying some raunchy stuff (mostly about "*****s" and weed).

Talented DB's go hand in hand with the bearing of many offspring. See Antonio Cromartie, Janoris Jenkins, Will Hill, etc...it's procedure. lol

gumby74
08-02-2012, 09:22 PM
he has dreadlocks. He's a star already in my book. Haha.

ELIte4MVP
08-02-2012, 09:48 PM
Talented DB's go hand in hand with the bearing of many offspring. See Antonio Cromartie, Janoris Jenkins, Will Hill, etc...it's procedure. lol

did you seriously just say antonio cromartie is talented? i mean, hes ok, decent #2 guy, but i wouldnt consider that talented

jomo
08-02-2012, 11:03 PM
did you seriously just say antonio cromartie is talented? i mean, hes ok, decent #2 guy, but i wouldnt consider that talentedCromartie is the Jets second best WR and he's getting killed by the media for telling the truth lol!.

titwio
08-02-2012, 11:33 PM
did you seriously just say antonio cromartie is talented? i mean, hes ok, decent #2 guy, but i wouldnt consider that talented

6'2" inch corner runs a 4.38 40 with a 42 inch vertical and an 11ft broad and this was 8 months removed from a torn ACL. Are you seriously saying he's not talented? Your confusing talent with elite play. Talent he has....mental toughness is another story.

The guy was drafted 19th overall for a reason.

RagTime Blue
08-03-2012, 12:14 AM
Hope he can help us out. TC won't spend waste time on him if he's really a problem though.

Rat_bastich
08-03-2012, 12:25 AM
he has dreadlocks. He's a star already in my book. Haha.

Yep, thats why Kiwanuka actually made the team...too bad Kenny Holmes didn't pan out too well though. I think you also have to have a cool name to go with the dreads.

I'm wondering if this might help Jake Muasau make the team.

egyptian420
08-03-2012, 01:19 AM

As for the person who asked me how he was a ****ty person in high school, he was basically just a thug. Best way I can put it. Don't want to get into specifics.

http://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/02/former_st_peters_star_will_hil.html
thanks to the both of youse....that's all I need to know, hopefully he's a changed man

TheShouldersOf
08-03-2012, 02:26 AM
as of now, seems promising, i look forward to seeing him play, and play big

tonyt830
08-03-2012, 06:22 AM
thanks to the both of youse....that's all I need to know, hopefully he's a changed manSometimes a man will change for the better and mentally mature, other times you have players like Kenny Britt who just dont seem to get it.

I too hope Hill has turned the corner per say, because it seems like he has the physical tools to be a good player in the NFL.

GameTime
08-03-2012, 09:28 AM
For his kids sake, their mother's , and his own sake I hope the guy has learned what being responsible is and also what it means to just be a good person.
If he doesn't get that he will be out of the NFL in a couple seasons and in a bad way.

nYg24
08-03-2012, 01:47 PM
Just watched the interview with him and came away VERY impressed. He seems to have turn it around in a big way. Skips lunch to study, met with Sam Madison, knows the mistakes he's made. I hope he becomes a good player for us.

midnite_nj
08-03-2012, 01:59 PM
Will "the thrill" Hill, Im hoping will have a solid year for us. Deon Grant was too old to try and cover the likes of Vernon Davis, Jermichael Finley, etc...but Hill is athletic enough and put on 20 lbs in off season to compete with the big boys. I think he will continue to prove himself and make a name here in Giants land. Also hes from Jersey also so that should give him a little more incentive to play well in front of his hometown state. Keep up the good work Mr. Hill. The best is yet to come !!

Cool Papa B.
08-03-2012, 02:25 PM
Just finished watching his interview on giants.com. He seems to have his head screwed on right. And he seems super motivated. I like his attitude and He's a local kid from the NY Metro area. Hope he makes the team.

But geez...I know he's only 22; and we all make mistakes and we live and learn. But, my goodness, 4 kids already!! I can understand you making one careless mistake....BUT 4...?!?!?!

titwio
08-03-2012, 02:55 PM
Right now with the way they're gushing over him, he's already made the team...That is unless he takes a drastic turn.

Itlan
08-03-2012, 04:43 PM
Just finished watching his interview on giants.com. He seems to have his head screwed on right. And he seems super motivated. I like his attitude and He's a local kid from the NY Metro area. Hope he makes the team.

But geez...I know he's only 22; and we all make mistakes and we live and learn. But, my goodness, 4 kids already!! I can understand you making one careless mistake....BUT 4...?!?!?!

Condoms are too expensive brah!

BlueSanta
08-03-2012, 08:50 PM

Honestly, that was the least of his mistakes.....This kid made a butchery of his college years off the field

Neverend
08-03-2012, 08:57 PM
Will Hill is all high school hype

He was far from from dominant at florida. the knock on him pre draft from what I remember last year was that he was soft in the box and whiffed/overpursued on tackles. I also remember some draftnicks and reports being less than positive about his instincts as a football player. Based on what he accomplished at florida, he was pretty average.

But hes a natural athlete, so hes got some tremendous upside if he works hard at it

juice33s
08-03-2012, 11:53 PM
Will Hill is all high school hype

He was far from from dominant at florida. the knock on him pre draft from what I remember last year was that he was soft in the box and whiffed/overpursued on tackles. I also remember some draftnicks and reports being less than positive about his instincts as a football player. Based on what he accomplished at florida, he was pretty average.

But hes a natural athlete, so hes got some tremendous upside if he works hard at it
Gotta agree with most of what you said there. People need to pump the breaks a bit on the Hill hype till atleast they go full contact in pre season.

Buddy333
08-04-2012, 12:10 AM
Well he wasn't that bad at Florida either. He played as a true freshman on a championship team. He just never took it to the next level and by his own admission it was his fault for letting his status get to his head. He says he was with his kids all last year and couldn't even watch football. He sounds like he will work hard to make the team. It also sounds like he has been putting on a show in camp at a position of need.

Redeyejedi
08-04-2012, 06:13 AM
Condoms are too expensive brah!NCAA doesnt want to stipend the athletes

Redeyejedi
08-04-2012, 07:13 AM
i wish i could get up to camp to see him...any1 have any film on him?I have a few games from 2010. LSU , Penn State , Alabama. Dont have the 2 Interception Georgia game. Ive been trying to track that one down.The problem is the quality of these games isnt as good as the 2011 cuts I have.
Josh MTD has the FSU game up. Will Hill is number 10.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtbFobQddxM&feature=plcp

Redeyejedi
08-04-2012, 07:51 AM
Also in that video above if u guys are interested is Justin Trattou he is #94 the Left End

Captain Chaos
08-04-2012, 09:01 AM
Let's hope he continues to play well, is he this year's dimond in the rough?

Redeyejedi
08-04-2012, 01:06 PM
Got my hands on the Georgia game where he had 2 picks will cut it up later

jomo
08-04-2012, 01:52 PM
Got my hands on the Georgia game where he had 2 picks will cut it up laterWould love to see that.

YATittle1962
08-04-2012, 03:12 PM
courtesy of Ohm Youngmisuk on twitter

I absolutely love this kid, and this actually may be a really good role for him. Getting that athleticism on the field will be awesome. And as sound as Grant was, he did lack athleticism. His mentality and veteran leadership made up for the lack of athleticism, but some times (example vernon davis touchdown in the NFCC) his lack of speed showed

there has been a lot of talk about J. Williams playing that Grant hybrid spot as well

I personally think they should just call Grant

Will HIll is fine.....but that is not a position you want someone who is basically a rookie playing

Redeyejedi
08-04-2012, 04:57 PM
there has been a lot of talk about J. Williams playing that Grant hybrid spot as well

Will HIll is fine.....but that is not a position you want someone who is basically a rookie playing I would agree with U if it was 2010 Grant. 2011 Grant wasnt very good. I value his experience and leadership but im not sure how much he has left physically .

TheAnalyst
08-04-2012, 05:37 PM
Grant could be a secondary coach IMO.

fletch842
08-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Grant could be a secondary coach IMO.
I think he would be an excellent coach, if he has interest. His knowledge of the game and leadership qualities would lend themselves well.

Redeyejedi
08-04-2012, 10:26 PM
Just uploaded Will Hill vs Georgia 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHZkaGbpiSg

Redeyejedi
08-05-2012, 08:55 AM
No comments from this. i thought this would generate some discussion. Very evident he has a high level of Athletic Ability. Plays the run downhill like a mad man. Plays deep most of the time and has the Deep Center field ability that this roster lacks behind K Phillips.Ive seen others "?" his instincts and I see some issues regarding angles but I dont think thats the problem. It looks more like learning to play under control and see some similarities to Vontaze Burfict in this regard. He can be reckless blowing right past the ball carrier going for the explosive hit instead of making a technically sound tackle. This could be a serious problem as a deep safety. Choosing to charge at 100 mph towards Lesean Mccoy or Demarco Murray without any angle regard could be the kiss of the death. If Hill has really matured and the Giants coaches can get him to take a more measured approach to the game I dont see anything on tape holding him back from making this roster and contributing

Carter.525
08-05-2012, 11:39 PM
maybe Hill could play the nickle spot.. instead of moving Rolle

rainierjef
08-06-2012, 02:07 AM
I would agree with U if it was 2010 Grant. 2011 Grant wasnt very good. I value his experience and leadership but im not sure how much he has left physically .
+1
there is a limit to what a lack of speed masked by experience can deliver and i think grant has reached that limit last year. great player, great locker room presence, mentor i loved his interviews. this is gonna sound wired but he has that hood mentality to him and its evident in the way he talk and i think he brings that to the field, i did when i was playing in high school. but his lack of speed and reaction time is showing in his play; i would like for him to take a mentoring position with the team as i feel he can help these youngin's with on and off the field advice; but as far as playing that hybrid role another year i think we need to go younger, and roll with the punches its going to be rocky at first but it will pay off for years to come in the end.

Cool Papa B.
08-06-2012, 07:14 AM
No comments from this. i thought this would generate some discussion. Very evident he has a high level of Athletic Ability. Plays the run downhill like a mad man. Plays deep most of the time and has the Deep Center field ability that this roster lacks behind K Phillips.Ive seen others "?" his instincts and I see some issues regarding angles but I dont think thats the problem. It looks more like learning to play under control and see some similarities to Vontaze Burfict in this regard. He can be reckless blowing right past the ball carrier going for the explosive hit instead of making a technically sound tackle. This could be a serious problem as a deep safety. Choosing to charge at 100 mph towards Lesean Mccoy or Demarco Murray without any angle regard could be the kiss of the death. If Hill has really matured and the Giants coaches can get him to take a more measured approach to the game I dont see anything on tape holding him back from making this roster and contributing

Good points. The issue of proper angles can be corrected though. He looks like he's willing to learn and improve. But his athleticism is awesome. I would start him out on ST and make him earn his way to the lineup.

B-Red22
08-06-2012, 07:21 AM
I have seen this kid play a fair amount during his time in FL. There are so many things to like:

1) he is a very good tackler.
2) he is very athletic
3) He is a special teams monster.
4) most importantly, his biggest games came against Georgia, FSU, and South Carolina. To the Gators, that would be the equivament of a Giants player having his best 3 games vs the Cowboys, Eagles and Redskins. It shows he plays big in big games.

The thing you cannot overlook is his character concerns and some of the bad decisions he made. Anyone who is familiar with the poor choices this kid made will know exactly what I mean. I hope his being undrafted in 2011 and his time spent in the arena league helped this kid grow up.

If there were still MAJOR concerns about his character then Reese and Coughlin would not have brought him in.

Buddy333
08-06-2012, 08:08 AM
Yeah I tought he looked good in that video. Here is no doubt about his athleticism. He just needed to get focused and for now it seems like he did. He says he is hitting the books and making sure he has the play book down. We have heard more than once that he has been looking real good at camp. I think he makes the team and this is a huge FA pick up by Reese.

nycsportzfan
08-06-2012, 08:30 AM
Well he did say he learned his lesson. He was the #1 athlete in the country going to he #1 college football team in the country. I think he even played as a freshman and Florida won the National title that year. So maybe he fame was to much? I think he sounds like he is going to show he is ready and make this team. He could be a huge find for Reese. weren't u a fan of his coming out of school? I thought u were pretty high on him?

Buddy333
08-06-2012, 08:34 AM
Not so much when he was coming out of college because there was a lot of bad press on him and he even said he did it to himself. I was really hoping he would have went to RU when hey where recruiting him. A couple of years ago I was a huge fan of another Florida Safety Major Wright.

nycsportzfan
08-06-2012, 08:35 AM

Will HIll is fine.....but that is not a position you want someone who is basically a rookie playing I disagree. I actually think Jaquain being on the field is far more beneficial for us then Deon Grant.. Jaquain can cover, and has speed and loads of potential.. Lets not forget, this kid would of probably been a 2nd/3rd rd pick had he went to school for one more yr and produced just alittle bit more then the yr before, which is usually how it works.. He runs at least as fast as grant, and probably faster at this point..

Theres a saying that i totally agree with and its "u get rid of a guy a day early and not a day late".. We've gotten 2 quality seasons out of grant, and any team banking on him helping going forward is chancing that hes gonna have a down season, and start to really show his age... I'm happy what we got outta grant, and i would hate to see it turn into a bad signing because we went to the well one to many times..

embeshAtYa
08-06-2012, 12:34 PM
Yeah cut the guy. its near enough a day late. he was slow last year. Thanks Deon and you did a great job as a leader on our defense also!! Only way we call Grant back is 3 guys get hurt.

jomo
08-06-2012, 01:38 PM
I disagree. I actually think Jaquain being on the field is far more beneficial for us then Deon Grant.. Jaquain can cover, and has speed and loads of potential.. Lets not forget, this kid would of probably been a 2nd/3rd rd pick had he went to school for one more yr and produced just alittle bit more then the yr before, which is usually how it works.. He runs at least as fast as grant, and probably faster at this point..

Theres a saying that i totally agree with and its "u get rid of a guy a day early and not a day late".. We've gotten 2 quality seasons out of grant, and any team banking on him helping going forward is chancing that hes gonna have a down season, and start to really show his age... I'm happy what we got outta grant, and i would hate to see it turn into a bad signing because we went to the well one to many times..I think that YA was saying he doesn't think Will Hill is a good match for the position, not JW.

YATittle1962
08-06-2012, 01:46 PM
I think that YA was saying he doesn't think Will Hill is a good match for the position, not JW.

exactly what I was saying

I dig JW

thanks for speaking my scattered thoughts clearly jo

:)

Buddy333
08-07-2012, 12:00 AM
I mean they will have to see what he does in the pre season, but I think he is making this team. It seems every practice here is a mention of him doing well.