PDA

View Full Version : Am i the only one who thinks of D.Deihl at RT and cringe.....

G-G-GMen420
08-02-2012, 05:19 PM
I Really like DD... I don't know why because statistically ...... Not the best to say the least....But I like him! He's a giant! And seems to be a good guy minus DUI....

But thinking of him completely changing sides of the line is scary... Just the initial adjustment I think would be hard...
The first steps are with the opposite legs In both run and pass blocking.....The LDEs in our division are pretty good IMO! From what i hear with the new CBA and no two-adays the lineman suffer the worst not getting into football shape.. Last year he struggled with the move to LG

At least it's Eli's front side he can step away from pressure !!

Cool Papa B.
08-02-2012, 06:04 PM
No, you're not the only one!....I'm hoping that Locklear some how beats him out!!!!

giantsfan420
08-02-2012, 06:06 PM
i think DD could be a very good RT. RT doesnt require the athleticism and lateral movement of a LT. the RT has to be decent in pass protection and good in run blocking, and thats what DD does give us. I know all of his struggles at LT and G last season and even before. That said, I'm optimistic DD can rejuvenate his career at RT, the position just fits him much better.

ALLnygIN
08-02-2012, 07:42 PM
I'm a bit worried about this also. So, def not the only one. Who knows though we could be surprised.

M00KIE
08-02-2012, 07:44 PM
I think he'll be just fine. And what does a DUI have to do with anything? Seems a bit trollish.

TheEnigma
08-02-2012, 07:50 PM
David Diehl ranks dead last in PBE (Pass-Blocking Efficiency) while one of our new Tackles, Sean Locklear, ranks 11 overall in the league.

Let's go with Locklear.

jomo
08-02-2012, 07:56 PM
I would say it differently. I look at him not being our LT and that makes me smile. I look at him replacing Kareem and consider that a minor upgrade. He'll also be getting help from the TE more often on that side. Plus he is smart and tough and a good team guy. We could certainly do better there but we can't have all pros at every position. Hopefully we are developing his ultimate replacement right now in camp.

G-G-GMen420
08-02-2012, 08:02 PM
I think he'll be just fine. And what does a DUI have to do with anything? Seems a bit trollish.

Ok Read slowly now so u can understand troll police.... he seems like a good guy other then the fact that he decided to get drunk and drive his car putting his own life and anyone is his way on the line....Not something you expect from DD....

Driving drunk is a selfish, immature, and dumb thing to do! you would think that too if he happen to hit someone you loved instead of a car!!

Do you comprehend now?

nhpgiantsfan
08-02-2012, 09:52 PM
Has it beeen officially announced that he is the RT? I know it's been talked about alot on the boards but I haven't seen any official statements saying he is playing there. Maybe I just missed it.

dave56dj
08-02-2012, 10:03 PM
There is no official announcement, but DD is lining up with the ones at RT as of right now. Beatty at LT and Locklear with some reps too. The thought is that locklear will be a swing, but theres a long way to go in camp. But as of THIS day - Diehl is the RT.

RagTime Blue
08-03-2012, 01:19 AM
i think DD could be a very good RT. RT doesnt require the athleticism and lateral movement of a LT. the RT has to be decent in pass protection and good in run blocking, and thats what DD does give us. I know all of his struggles at LT and G last season and even before. That said, I'm optimistic DD can rejuvenate his career at RT, the position just fits him much better.

I've thought that for a long time. Plus, he's proven to be versatile enough to be an asset on the team.

miked1958
08-03-2012, 01:21 AM
Not the only one

Giantslb66
08-03-2012, 12:04 PM
I'd like to see what Locklear has, but I'm sure t.he coaches will put us in the best position. let's just sit back and enjoy the competition

Roosevelt
08-03-2012, 02:46 PM
He was less than impressive when he played RT years ago, which is why they brought in K-Mac. We can only hope he plays better now.

midnite_nj
08-03-2012, 03:38 PM
Double D will be fine. Hes proven that thru the course of his career. Im confident that our staff knows what they are doing and will put out the best players to help this team suceed. Im a little more worried about LT than Diehl on the right.

burier
08-03-2012, 04:09 PM
If we have to play David Diehl at RT we're in deep deep trouble. This is nothing against David Diehl. I like him. He's been great for us be can no longer move anyone out. The Giants run to the right side 80% of the time trying to do that behind David Diehl is a deathwish.

jgiantfan
08-03-2012, 11:43 PM
I would love to see Petrus at guard and move Boothe to right tackle. I believe this would give us the best starting 5. Petrus is tough, hardnose and made the most of his playing time. We ran the ball better when he was in there and how bad could Boothe be at right tackle vs DD? . I would think this would be an upgrade. I agree with everyone regarding Diehl: Team player, Over-Acheiver & good role player. I just think back at the playoff game against the Niners and how Eli was pummled and harrassed all day. DD was awful at LT : I believe ELI he was sacked 6 times and knocked down several times. We must move forward and replace " likeable good guys" with athletic mobile bodies. Not a knock on DD.. He gave us solid years and is two time SB champ..

Joe Morrison
08-04-2012, 10:50 AM
He has played left tackle for how many years, out of his natural position and you're worrying if he can handle right tackle?

hugehomer
08-04-2012, 11:38 AM
He is the weakest link of any starter. Beatty and Brewer have bad baciks. Our OT position might be in sad shape. I find it amusing that some fans are real high on rookies.who have proven nothing.

hugehomer
08-04-2012, 11:52 AM
Mitch is a real good run blocker but needs to upgrade his pass blocking.

G-G-GMen420
08-04-2012, 12:13 PM
He has played left tackle for how many years, out of his natural position and you're worrying if he can handle right tackle?

I was just saying the initial adj..... The first say 6-8 games... have you ever done one thing for years then have to adjust to the polar opposite? It's a tuff adj.

I think the perception is RT is for the less athletic but to me nowadays these DE are getting athletic as heck as us Giants fans know and love ...... And they are just rotating to the weakest link!

I hope brewer and petrus turn out serviceable and bass and snee have better yrs I think they will I like booth at LG I think the guards are ok

It's the tackles that are scary! Especially because Beatty can't stay healthy!

joemorrisforprez
08-04-2012, 01:43 PM
Diehl might be our LT, given that Beatty still isn't healthy.

jaxnygmen
08-04-2012, 10:43 PM
I am right there with you. I have watched him over the years and wonder how Eli gets up after being hammered as much as he is.

Carter.525
08-05-2012, 10:21 PM
unless Brewer is ready.. its gonna be Diehl's job

Captain Chaos
08-06-2012, 10:23 PM
I'm not as concerned as most I think he will do Ok there (not great). Could we do better, of course, I was hoping Brewer would be able to step up but he has just returned from an extended period with a bad back, not a good sign. Hopefully he is back to good and ready to go, I'm looking forward to seeing him play Friday, he will need the reps.