PDA

View Full Version : Giants' Domenik Hixon makes leaping catch to end practice, helps to prove knee is hea

RoanokeFan
08-02-2012, 06:17 PM
GIANTS' DOMENIK HIXON MAKES LEAPING CATCH TO END PRACTICE, HELPS TO PROVE KNEE IS HEALTHY
(http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/08/giants_domenik_hixon_makes_lea.html)
Excerpt: "Tom Coughlin was lamenting the fact he had hoped the two-minute drill would last a little bit longer than just three plays - two passes and a run to set up a game-winning field goal.
"They just looked at me and said, 'What was the objective?'" the Giants (http://www.nj.com/giants)' coach said. "To get inside the 20."

That's just what happened when Domenik Hixon caught a slant past linebacker Chase Blackburn on the first snap. One play later, he went up the left sideline with Prince Amukamara on his hip, leaped for the pass from Eli Manning and came down with it inside that 20-yard line.

And more importantly, Hixon got right back up." Read more...

Toadofsteel
08-02-2012, 06:19 PM
Nice to see he's holding up. Praying for him... he's a good guy.

RoanokeFan
08-02-2012, 06:22 PM
Nice to see he's holding up. Praying for him... he's a good guy.

These guys coming off injuries work so hard to get back in the game.

TheEnigma
08-02-2012, 06:30 PM
Glad to see Roanoke's boy doing good though personally, I'd rather they just use him for kickoffs and not risk injuring him on offense.

RoanokeFan
08-02-2012, 06:33 PM
Glad to see Roanoke's boy doing good though personally, I'd rather they just use him for kickoffs and not risk injuring him on offense.

It's part of the competitive atmosphere at training camp. They have to know what he's able to do so they can decide where he fits in the offense/special teams

YATittle1962
08-02-2012, 06:34 PM
I'm pulling for Dom so hard it's not even funny

just love the guy for some reason

TheEnigma
08-02-2012, 06:35 PM
It's part of the competitive atmosphere at training camp. They have to know what he's able to do so they can decide where he fits in the offense/special teamsI meant in the regular season actually but I should of specified that.

RoanokeFan
08-02-2012, 06:37 PM
I'm pulling for Dom so hard it's not even funny

just love the guy for some reason

He's one of Jerry Reese's projects and he just goes on the field and does what's asked of him.

derekunion28
08-02-2012, 06:39 PM
i em praying he gets a full season in and able to show his talents

eLi MusT gO dEEp
08-02-2012, 06:39 PM
Go get em Hix!!!

jomo
08-02-2012, 07:02 PM
i em praying he gets a full season in and able to show his talentsIf healthy, he is an awesome #3 WR. He is less explosive than MM was but a much smarter route runner and runner after the catch. I really like this kid and hope his recovery is complete. He understands what it means to carry yourself like a Giant. Go Blue!

RoanokeFan
08-02-2012, 07:13 PM
If healthy, he is an awesome #3 WR. He is less explosive than MM was but a much smarter route runner and runner after the catch. I really like this kid and hope his recovery is complete. He understands what it means to carry yourself like a Giant. Go Blue!

Well said.......

Grimmadog
08-02-2012, 09:26 PM
If healthy, he is an awesome #3 WR. He is less explosive than MM was but a much smarter route runner and runner after the catch. I really like this kid and hope his recovery is complete. He understands what it means to carry yourself like a Giant. Go Blue!

When he's not dropping perfectly thrown balls 40 yards down the field against the eagles :mad:

I hope he has fully healed and can put this behind him. He's a good receiver like you said. Hopefully though between Hixon/Jernigan/Randle they can finally fix the return game.

gumby74
08-02-2012, 09:30 PM
Prince, stop getting beat. lol.

But good stuff to Hixon.

jomo
08-02-2012, 11:07 PM
When he's not dropping perfectly thrown balls 40 yards down the field against the eagles :mad:

I hope he has fully healed and can put this behind him. He's a good receiver like you said. Hopefully though between Hixon/Jernigan/Randle they can finally fix the return game.That drop seems to have stuck like glue with many. I remember the ones he caught at equally big moments. Drops are not a real issue for him.

blueomaha
08-02-2012, 11:11 PM
almost the forgotten man...he will put in the work...always liked him....

miked1958
08-02-2012, 11:26 PM
He will hopefully get through preseason and the first few games this season and contribute all year for the team. 2 hrs ago he went down in the preseason. Last year he made it to the rams game getting hurt on that crazy catch. It was the 2nd or 3rd game vs the rams right?

Rat_bastich
08-03-2012, 12:30 AM
Gotta love a guy that puts in all the extra work. He is definitely trying to prove that he is more than a special teamer. As much as I want to see what Randle and Jernigan can do, I am pulling for this guy.

Harooni
08-03-2012, 04:18 AM
leaped up to grab it huh?

Toadofsteel
08-03-2012, 08:59 AM
That drop seems to have stuck like glue with many. I remember the ones he caught at equally big moments. Drops are not a real issue for him.

I still don't know why... after that TD catch vs the rams in 2011 (which iirc was the play where Hixon injured his knee for the second time) he deserves a little bit of slack. You do realize he was the #2 wideout before he went down right? (this being prior to the ascension of Cruz) People were willing to forgive Manningham for running a bad route ALL THE FREAKING TIME... why can't people forgive Hixon for ONE DROP?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyywhxg7RPE

Does that look like dropsies to you?

RoanokeFan
08-03-2012, 10:15 AM
leaped up to grab it huh?

You don't think?

RoanokeFan
08-03-2012, 10:17 AM

I hope he has fully healed and can put this behind him. He's a good receiver like you said. Hopefully though between Hixon/Jernigan/Randle they can finally fix the return game.

He doesn't drop many, in fact the year he dropped that one that you can't seem to let go, he was in the top five in the NFL for not dropping targeted passes. In 2008 he was the leading receiver on the team. Every receiver drops balls they should catch; Nicks, Cruz, all of them.

GameTime
08-03-2012, 10:22 AM
Don't forget too that he overcame a mental issue as well after he was hit hard on a return when he was a Bronco and the player who hit him went down in a heap and was not moving for a while. Hixon felt partially responsible for that and it effected his game for a while. The Gianst took him in after that from Denver. The kid has been through a lot mentally and physically. He deserves to finally get some consistency and success.

TheAnalyst
08-03-2012, 10:49 AM
If Hixon can stay healthy, he will be our #3 WR. I think Jernigan gets the 4, Randle gets 5 and Barden gets the 6. If we keep 7, it may come down to Douglas.

Toadofsteel
08-03-2012, 11:05 AM
If Hixon can stay healthy, he will be our #3 WR. I think Jernigan gets the 4, Randle gets 5 and Barden gets the 6. If we keep 7, it may come down to Douglas. I think Randle will be 4, Jernigan 5, Collins/DePalma/Douglas/Talley fighting for 6 and possible 7 spots. Barden is terrible and out.

RoanokeFan
08-03-2012, 11:07 AM
Don't forget too that he overcame a mental issue as well after he was hit hard on a return when he was a Bronco and the player who hit him went down in a heap and was not moving for a while. Hixon felt partially responsible for that and it effected his game for a while. The Gianst took him in after that from Denver. The kid has been through a lot mentally and physically. He deserves to finally get some consistency and success.

Reese had to convince him to come here.

DVision
08-03-2012, 11:35 AM
He doesn't drop many, in fact the year he dropped that one that you can't seem to let go, he was in the top five in the NFL for not dropping targeted passes. In 2008 he was the leading receiver on the team. Every receiver drops balls they should catch; Nicks, Cruz, all of them.

The Nicks drop against Washington last season was almost identical to Hixon's against the Eagles. Eli can count on Hixon to do the right thing. I hope he stays healthy and has a successful season.

Easy E.
08-03-2012, 12:01 PM
The Nicks drop against Washington last season was almost identical to Hixon's against the Eagles. Eli can count on Hixon to do the right thing. I hope he stays healthy and has a successful season.

+1...that Nicks drop was basically identical and I think set a bad tone for that game. I like Hixon a lot and I think Eli and him have a good feel for each other, which can be key in 3rd downs and moving the sticks. I think that is where Hixon can play a nice role

RoanokeFan
08-03-2012, 12:25 PM
+1...that Nicks drop was basically identical and I think set a bad tone for that game. I like Hixon a lot and I think Eli and him have a good feel for each other, which can be key in 3rd downs and moving the sticks. I think that is where Hixon can play a nice role

I just want Hixon dressed on the sideline when someone goes down. He does what he's asked, runs routes as and where they are meant to be run, and has the heart of a lion.

Grimmadog
08-03-2012, 03:24 PM

My first statement was more or less a tongue-in-cheek comment. Should have put it in red​.

Eliscruzzz
08-03-2012, 04:06 PM
If Hixon can stay healthy, he will be our #3 WR. I think Jernigan gets the 4, Randle gets 5 and Barden gets the 6. If we keep 7, it may come down to Douglas. I hope so he deserves it man he's been through a lot