PDA

View Full Version : Albany

Jppallday
08-03-2012, 01:46 PM
Im going up to Albany in about 40 minutes from Central NJ. I can't wait to see some guys practice thy I'm intrigued about such as Will Hill and David Douglas and more. I'm just wondering if anyone can let me know of any good restaurants that are up there for me and my father to go to. I appreciate it.

fansince69
08-03-2012, 01:53 PM
it will depend on what your looking for....On wolf rd there is every restaurant imaginable from McDonalds to red lobster......there are several right around campus that you may see some players at....sorry can't tell you ant specific names of those....finding a place to eat won't be a problem....Really depends on what type of meal you want

Jppallday
08-03-2012, 01:56 PM
That helps a lot. Thanks!

fansince69
08-03-2012, 01:57 PM
honestly when I wrote it I didn't think it was helping
if you have some specific questions about camp and such you can im me

Jppallday
08-03-2012, 02:05 PM
You gave me the road where all the restaurants are of course that helped. And thanks I will if I have anymore questions

fansince69
08-03-2012, 02:12 PM
wolf rd is like 15 mins from the campus just of rt 87....good luck....enjoy camp...can be a lot of fun.....if you get a chance try to catch the players going between the 2 main buildings for meeting....you can then see the whole team close up....they rope off a path just in front of where they sell gear....when you go to practice look for the field that has the cherry picker set up for the camera...that will be the main practice field that day...although the crowd will help too....unless you want to sit on ground lawn chairs are nice at times too....unless you have vip passes....which i did get once

Drez
08-03-2012, 02:12 PM
For a great deal, Delmonico's on Central Ave is the place to go. You can get a 24oz delmonico steak for about $20. If you want good BBQ, there's Capital Q on Ontario St and Dinosaur BBQ up in Troy (it's only a 20-25 minute drive from the campus). There's also a bunch of chains on Western Ave and a Fridays and a bunch of locally owned places in Stuyvesant Plaza. I haven't been there, but I hear Cafe Madison has a great breakfast (of course that's somewhere on Madison). Peaches Cafe in the Plaza does a good breakfast and lunch.

Drez
08-03-2012, 02:15 PM
wolf rd is like 15 mins from the campus just of rt 87....good luck....enjoy camp...can be a lot of fun.....if you get a chance try to catch the players going between the 2 main buildings for meeting....you can then see the whole team close up....they rope off a path just in front of where they sell gear....when you go to practice look for the field that has the cherry picker set up for the camera...that will be the main practice field that day...although the crowd will help too....unless you want to sit on ground lawn chairs are nice at times too....unless you have vip passes....which i did get once Wolf Road is like 5 minutes from campus. All you need to do is exit the campus on Western Ave (or Fuller Rd and take that to Western) and hop on I-87N to exit 2E.

To the OP, there's also a mall right there on Wolf Road called Colonie Center and then there's Crossgates Mall, which you can get to by heading west on either Western or Washington Ave.

fansince69
08-03-2012, 02:16 PM
hes right delmonicos is good...I didn't know there was one in Albany...personally I like 99 its good food at good price...that's on wolf road

fansince69
08-03-2012, 02:20 PM
Wolf Road is like 5 minutes from campus. All you need to do is exit the campus on Western Ave (or Fuller Rd and take that to Western) and hop on I-87N to exit 2E.

To the OP, there's also a mall right there on Wolf Road called Colonie Center and then there's Crossgates Mall, which you can get to by heading west on either Western or Washington Ave.

Drez is more informed than I am obviously...I was talking in heavy traffic depending on time of day...it can take loner than 5 mins to get to wolf rd and that would depend on which end of wolf rd........Id listen to him....hes obviously closer than i am....the cheescake factory is in the mall on wolf rd too which many people like

Drez
08-03-2012, 02:29 PM
Drez is more informed than I am obviously...I was talking in heavy traffic depending on time of day...it can take loner than 5 mins to get to wolf rd and that would depend on which end of wolf rd........Id listen to him....hes obviously closer than i am....the cheescake factory is in the mall on wolf rd too which many people like Yeah, this is true. If you try heading out to Wolf Rd anytime during rush hour it'll take longer than 5 minutes, lol.

Well, I'm from the Albany area, so I know it fairly well, though I have lost touch with a lot of the restaurants in Albany. My wife has a food allergy, so she gets nervous going new places.

Here's a link to the area's alt-newsweekly. They do restaurant reviews and the such, plus list the things going on in town such as music, etc... They should have a dining guide somewhere on the page, too. http://metroland.net/

fansince69
08-03-2012, 02:30 PM
Yeah, this is true. If you try heading out to Wolf Rd anytime during rush hour it'll take longer than 5 minutes, lol.

Well, I'm from the Albany area, so I know it fairly well, though I have lost touch with a lot of the restaurants in Albany. My wife has a food allergy, so she gets nervous going new places.

Here's a link to the area's alt-newsweekly. They do restaurant reviews and the such, plus list the things going on in town such as music, etc... They should have a dining guide somewhere on the page, too. http://metroland.net/

Im about an hour west and I go there enough so I know my way around

chizz
08-03-2012, 08:33 PM
how do you go about getting vip passes?

Drez
08-03-2012, 10:52 PM
how do you go about getting vip passes?
You know what they say, "If you have to ask..." lol

psmachetti
08-04-2012, 09:15 PM
I'm going this Monday. I was wondering if there were any rules about what you can bring into the camp? I was thinking of bringing in a cooler w/some food and perhaps some beer. What's allowed?

fansince69
08-04-2012, 09:25 PM
I'm going this Monday. I was wondering if there were any rules about what you can bring into the camp? I was thinking of bringing in a cooler w/some food and perhaps some beer. What's allowed?

its fine as long as you leave it in the car and tailgate...although im not sure about the beer...the parking lot is pretty secluded and you probably can get away with it as long as your not idiots about it.

Drez
08-04-2012, 09:25 PM

Not too sure. I'd imagine alcohol is a no-no, seeing as it's a college campus. Food and whatnot I doubt will be an issue, but like a park, I'd avoid bringing glass.

psmachetti
08-04-2012, 09:44 PM
Not too sure. I'd imagine alcohol is a no-no, seeing as it's a college campus. Food and whatnot I doubt will be an issue, but like a park, I'd avoid bringing glass.

I wasn't sure.Thanks for the advice. I don't think I'd tailgate in the parking lot. I was hoping to just sit in my lawn chair , watch practice, and enjoy a few cans of PBR. :cool: Beer and Giants football !!!!
If anyone definitely knows the SUNY policy LMK. Thanks

Jppallday
08-04-2012, 09:47 PM
Many people had coolers with food and dinks today so I assume that it is allowed. However I'm not too sure about the beer

psmachetti
08-04-2012, 11:52 PM
Many people had coolers with food and dinks today so I assume that it is allowed. However I'm not too sure about the beer

Do they check the coolers as you come in? I'm not looking to get drunk and rowdy. I can be very discreet (can cozy?) Just looking to relax for a few hrs and enjoy the Giants practice. BTW how do the autograph sessions work? They're only for 15 min according to camp schedule.

fansince69
08-05-2012, 11:50 AM
Do they check the coolers as you come in? I'm not looking to get drunk and rowdy. I can be very discreet (can cozy?) Just looking to relax for a few hrs and enjoy the Giants practice. BTW how do the autograph sessions work? They're only for 15 min according to camp schedule.

I am not sure what they are referring to as autograph sessions...in years past hundreds/thousands of people line up along a snow fence hoping one or two players will pick them to sign for......some players will stay and literally sign for long periods of time....most walk by acting as though they have somewhere to be.....there are autographs to be had this way but much of it is luck .........

there are places you can hang out and catch players heading to cars ect.....there also is a place where the players go from one building to the other for team meeting.....sometimes a good place....if nothing else you will see the whole team and close up.....