PDA

View Full Version : Bradshaw says Wilson doesn't need so much flash

RoanokeFan
08-03-2012, 02:49 PM
BRADSHAW SAYS WILSON DOESN'T NEED SO MUCH FLASH
(http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2012/08/bradshaw-says-wilson-doesnt-need-so-much-flash)
Excerpt: "David Wilson’s teammates rave about his explosive ability, and his head coach has seen enough to believe in his big-play ability.
But the Ahmad Bradshaw, has some advice for his rookie understudy. To Bradshaw, Wilson needs to sometimes ditch his flash, and focus on a simpler running approach.

“He’s still young,” Bradshaw said Friday. “He kind of does his own thing, juking and doing a lot of things, putting a lot of torque on his ankles and knees and different things. We’re trying to teach him how to be a professional and just hold back on some of those things.” Read more...

ALLnygIN
08-03-2012, 03:14 PM
I'm glad Wilson has Bradshaw as a mentor, WIlson really has a great experienced back in Bradshaw to learn from! I'm so excited to see how these two can turn around our running game.

jomo
08-03-2012, 03:21 PM
I expect big production from Wilson as our #2 in year 1. I also expect him to be our first real threat out of the backfield in a LONG time.

MattyD21
08-03-2012, 03:52 PM
i think Wilson should take sum advice but technique wise these guys are different players , We've never had a running back like Wilson before

Fuhgeddaboutit
08-03-2012, 03:54 PM
Bradshaw, fix your ankles.

Itlan
08-03-2012, 03:56 PM

I think that's why he's trying to advise him to change his running style - so he doesn't end up like Bradshaw. Bradshaw does some ridiculous jumpcuts, and there's a reason why his ankles are always falling apart.

TheShouldersOf
08-03-2012, 06:03 PM
i think Wilson should take sum advice but technique wise these guys are different players , We've never had a running back like Wilson before

Indeed, they are completely different runners, i hope Wilson doesn't start believing he has to change his game just to please the vets, understandably he should listen to his Coaches, but even still, they should not try to 'Alter' the way Wilson runs, they should work with it and develop him from there,

if he starts trying to change the way he runs, it will only slow him down, in all aspects of his abilities,

on a side note, we still don't get much reporting about him from Camp,

giantsfan420
08-03-2012, 06:14 PM
well to be fair, one of the reports on him coming into the league is that he has an unusual unorthodox running style. but that came from him running up high too much and every thing i've read from camp is that he's staying low which is huge for a guy like him.
i think what bradshaw is talking about ultimately is that wilson is still a rookie. he's prob going a thousand miles a minute in his head when he gets his chances, and his footwork could be reflecting that. that leads to a lot more stutter type steps instead of sure footed planting and exploding thru. i dunno tough to tell from the article...kinda rubbed me the wrong way to be honest. keep it inhouse bradshaw

giantsfan420
08-03-2012, 06:16 PM
by stating this to the reporters, it seems like bradshaw is trying to let them know he is top dog and needs to help wilson develop bc sure doesnt seem like wilson will be going to the papers for bradshaws advice on his running ya know?

ShakeandBake
08-03-2012, 06:28 PM
by stating this to the reporters, it seems like bradshaw is trying to let them know he is top dog and needs to help wilson develop bc sure doesnt seem like wilson will be going to the papers for bradshaws advice on his running ya know?

Nope, didn't get that impression at all

Neverend
08-03-2012, 06:39 PM
I think it would be better off if Wilson were to develop on his own. He knows his own body, bradshaw doesnt

rainierjef
08-03-2012, 06:51 PM
lmao that made me laugh

miked1958
08-03-2012, 06:56 PM
I'm glad Wilson has Bradshaw as a mentor, WIlson really has a great experienced back in Bradshaw to learn from! I'm so excited to see how these two can turn around our running game. Remember our running game last season stunk for a reason. The OLine just wasn't opening up the holes like they were in the past.these current guys including Wilson won't do much unless that improves

giantsfan420
08-03-2012, 07:45 PM

i dont see the purpose in giving wilson advise thru the public. its like bradshaw is magnifying what wilson doesnt do well for no reason. only thing that would make some sense is its bc of his ego, but 44 dont strike me like that. its just odd is all for a player to say how another player should improve thru the media

TheEnigma
08-03-2012, 08:25 PM
We're going to need Wilson to grow and mature as an NFL player really fast because it's just inevitable that Bradshaw will be injured at some point.

RagTime Blue
08-03-2012, 08:32 PM

I did. Obviously things can be taken out of context, but as I read the quote on this thread, I got the feeling #44 was hatin'.

Of course I don't think he's that kind of guy. I just hope he proves he's still our best by his play on the field.

Redeyejedi
08-03-2012, 08:33 PM
Probably saying to follow the blockers instead of busting everything outside like in college.

miked1958
08-03-2012, 08:37 PM
We're going to need Wilson to grow and mature as an NFL player really fast because it's just inevitable that Bradshaw will be injured at some point.Is Scott still out with the injury? Have not heard a whole lot on him and brown. And nothing at all on this kid from Rutgers Joe M

Redeyejedi
08-03-2012, 08:41 PM
Wilson is explosive and has a high ceiling but he isnt very refined as a runner.Some of the plays he got away with in college arent going to fly in the NFL.It will be interesting to see how quick he catches on because they need him to be good immediately.

TheEnigma
08-03-2012, 09:04 PM
Wilson is explosive and has a high ceiling but he isnt very refined as a runner.Some of the plays he got away with in college arent going to fly in the NFL.It will be interesting to see how quick he catches on because they need him to be good immediately.The one play that always stands out to me is the one where he goes about 25 yards into the backfield to avoid the defense and then turns it into a 10 yard gain. It was great and all but that's the kind of stuff that could potentially kill our offense's momentum.

Redeyejedi
08-03-2012, 09:12 PM
The one play that always stands out to me is the one where he goes about 25 yards into the backfield to avoid the defense and then turns it into a 10 yard gain. It was great and all but that's the kind of stuff that could potentially kill our offense's momentum.check out the michigan cut up i made he lost 25 yards doing the exact same thing

48 seconds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkJywBoRPR8

TheEnigma
08-03-2012, 09:14 PM
Holy crap, that was painful to watch. I hope he's working really hard with Bradshaw and Coach Ingram to become more of a north-south kind of guy. If he does that kind of stuff here, he's going to become hated really fast.

ALLnygIN
08-04-2012, 01:47 AM
Remember our running game last season stunk for a reason. The OLine just wasn't opening up the holes like they were in the past.these current guys including Wilson won't do much unless that improves

I agree 100%. I'm just ridiculously excited about Wilson being back there. Ultimately you're right and our Oline has the potential to be a buzzkill again, I think we will be better off than last year. I mean the O line had a great run there at the end of the season.