PDA

View Full Version : Finally! We are now just a week away from Football!

miked1958
08-03-2012, 10:00 PM
After the SB was clinched when the ball from Brady dropped harmlessly to the turf and the dust settled. We had 6 months+ of long offseason to wait to see our Gmen take the field again. I have to say its gone by pretty fast but not FAST Enough! Well now we are a week away from the first preseason game vs Jacksonville. Bout time!!!

Eli TO Shockey
08-03-2012, 10:10 PM
After the SB was clinched when the ball from Brady dropped harmlessly to the turf and the dust settled. We had 6 months+ of long offseason to wait to see our Gmen take the field again. I have to say its gone by pretty fast but not FAST Enough! Well now we are a week away from the first preseason game vs Jacksonville. Bout time!!!

I too am excited! GO BLUE

miked1958
08-03-2012, 11:20 PM
I too am excited! GO BLUEHard to believe we are about to wind it up again for another season.. And I don't know about you but it seems hat the preseason games go by quick! Before you know it it will be Sept 5th

egyptian420
08-04-2012, 12:05 AM
Amen to that.....I can't wait for the preseason. It's always nice to see what everyone on the roster is capable of doing before the reg. season starts. It makes for a lot of forum conversations and predictions :)

Tuckit91
08-04-2012, 12:11 AM
I have been counting down the days since the end of the Super Bowl..Next to my Wife and family I love NY GIANTS just as much...lol

miked1958
08-04-2012, 12:40 AM
I have been counting down the days since the end of the Super Bowl..Next to my Wife and family I love NY GIANTS just as much...lolAnd I will second that notion

juice33s
08-04-2012, 12:50 AM
Alot of people seem to down play pre season football (surely none on these boards), but I for one love watching the bottom of the roster fight for jobs where literally millions of dollars and careers are at stake.....I don't think I've missed a pre season play in close to a decade lol

Buddy333
08-04-2012, 01:18 AM
So happy football is back. Next week pre season. In just about a month the regular season.

egyptian420
08-04-2012, 01:20 AM
Alot of people seem to down play pre season football (surely none on these boards), but I for one love watching the bottom of the roster fight for jobs where literally millions of dollars and careers are at stake.....I don't think I've missed a pre season play in close to a decade lol
I 100% agree....most of the people you are talking about watch the first quarter or so and then leave....but me it's the opposite, that's when things get interesting lol. I know the starters very well and I'm well aware of their pros and cons but what I love about the pre season games is how they allow us to check out all the guys who've impressed at camp and other guys that just come out of no where.

TheAnalyst
08-04-2012, 08:58 AM
It's hard to really see how good those player are though down in the depth chart during preseason because they are also playing against 3rd and 4th string guys on the other team. Love watching it though still. I will be there for the Jacksonville game, 2nd row behind our Giants. Can't wait!

Die-Hard
08-04-2012, 09:23 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I'm gonna be all over the HOF game(Cards/Saints) tomorrow night. At this point, I don't care who's playing. I'll take ANY football right now!

Captain Chaos
08-04-2012, 09:46 AM
It will be nice to get a good look at some of the new players...

SweetZombieJesus
08-04-2012, 09:48 AM

I still fall into a lull in game 2 and 4 -- in game 1 it's so exciting to see football back and in game 3 the starters play more... But you never know when you're going to see something special like Victor Cruz's game 2 seasons ago.

I mean everybody could have predicted LT but to have been watching when someone special comes out of literally NOWHERE adds to the excitement of watching his career develop.

titwio
08-04-2012, 04:44 PM
Finally! We are now just a week away from Football!

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7y72pQHhF1r6p48c.gif

jomo
08-04-2012, 04:55 PM
It will be nice to get a good look at some of the new players...There are quite a few very interesting guys fighting for playing time and to make this roster. This is about as deep as I ever remember us being. Go Blue!!

miked1958
08-04-2012, 11:20 PM
There are quite a few very interesting guys fighting for playing time and to make this roster. This is about as deep as I ever remember us being. Go Blue!!I know, right. I thought same thing

jomo
08-04-2012, 11:23 PM
I know, right. I thought same thingI haven't been looking forward to pre-season in this way for many years.

miked1958
08-04-2012, 11:46 PM
I haven't been looking forward to pre-season in this way for many years.Hey I responded to you in my thread regarding superstitions..

titwio
08-05-2012, 12:30 AM
Finally! We are now just a week away from Football!

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6c9276b731r2ms5b.gif