PDA

View Full Version : Americas game

Tuckit91
08-04-2012, 10:28 PM
Sept 4th..Thats my Birthday..Haha...I seen Tuck and Cruz dont know who else my guess is Tom!

davepc
08-04-2012, 11:36 PM
Manning. Thats confirmed.

BluTri10
08-05-2012, 01:26 AM
Wow, I am shocked. I checked the wiki page for America's game and indeed...it does list Eli Manning, Justin Tuck, and Victor Cruz as the three interviewees. I was 99% sure they would not re-interview players. To me, Chase Blackburn would have been perfect...

davepc
08-05-2012, 01:58 AM
Joe Greene did two of the Steelers ones, off the top of my head. There might be another player or two who have participated in multiple episodes. So it's not unprecedented, but yeah, they usually try and not repeat players.

e: I looked it up, in addition to Greene, only Bill Curry has appeared on two different episodes, once as member of the '66 Packers and once as a member of the '70 Colts.

Gmen2005
08-05-2012, 02:03 AM
I'm kind of surprised they don't have a coach as one of the three. I'd love to see Gilbride on it.

TheBookOfEli
08-05-2012, 02:13 AM
Still no narrator decided. Any thoughts on who it could be? Should be a NY guy, no?

Cool Papa B.
08-05-2012, 03:25 AM
Still no narrator decided. Any thoughts on who it could be? Should be a NY guy, no?

Flavor Flav....LOL

It still cracks me up the way he was celebrating with the players after the SB.
Seriously though, I can see Jay Z, Danny Aiello or Jordan Sparks (whose father BTW played for the Giants in the 90's) narrating. I'm not sure if Jon BonJovi is a fan or not(he has been spotted at Giants and Patriots games). If he is I can see him doing it to.

SweetZombieJesus
08-05-2012, 08:10 AM
I'm not sure if Jon BonJovi is a fan or not(he has been spotted at Giants and Patriots games). If he is I can see him doing it to.

That guy's a total ******... He just rides Belichick's jock that's all. Was a "huge Giants fan" but immediately followed Belichick around by the nose, appears at Patriots camp all the time, etc. Somewhere around XLII the Giants gave him something at some ceremony and immediately afterwards he was doing a bunch of things for the Pats.

Who have we had so far? Gandalfini, Alec Baldwin, Fishburne...

As for Eli being repeated, another rare distinction...

Have they played a promo on NFLN?

nhpgiantsfan
08-05-2012, 08:42 AM
Ugh where are all the people who tore me apart and were such arrogant jerks when I said that it would def be Manning regardless of past history. Damn know it alls! You know who you are! Lmao

Tuckit91
08-05-2012, 09:01 AM
That guy's a total ******... He just rides Belichick's jock that's all. Was a "huge Giants fan" but immediately followed Belichick around by the nose, appears at Patriots camp all the time, etc. Somewhere around XLII the Giants gave him something at some ceremony and immediately afterwards he was doing a bunch of things for the Pats.

Who have we had so far? Gandalfini, Alec Baldwin, Fishburne...

As for Eli being repeated, another rare distinction...

Have they played a promo on NFLN?

Yes thats where I seen it was NFLN

gmen46
08-05-2012, 02:21 PM

Frank Gifford
Phil Simms (Generational bridge--interesting perspective from a narrator, no?)
Kevin Dillon ("Johnny Drama", a hard core Giants fan with a distinctive voice could be awesome)
Ed Burns (see Kevin Dillon)

I also like CoolPapa's Danny Aiello suggestion--long time ardent Giants fan, with distinctive voice

greenca190
08-05-2012, 04:30 PM
Wow, I am shocked. I checked the wiki page for America's game and indeed...it does list Eli Manning, Justin Tuck, and Victor Cruz as the three interviewees. I was 99% sure they would not re-interview players. To me, Chase Blackburn would have been perfect...

chase blackburn was on the team for like six weeks this year.

BluTri10
08-05-2012, 06:31 PM
chase blackburn was on the team for like six weeks this year.

True, but he was a member of the team since 2005...and was teaching school just a week before his call-up. I dunno...to me, it would've been nice to see him. Antrel Rolle, Brandon Jacobs would've been cool too.

ToneZak
08-05-2012, 10:53 PM
I like Tuck, but it would've been nice to see JPP there too. Him and Cruz were the two breakout stars.

egyptian420
08-05-2012, 11:19 PM
Seen the commercial for it today...I got that day marked on the calendar

Sep. 4th - America's Game
Sep. 5th - We play against America's team

CANNOT WAIT!!!!

giantsfan420
08-06-2012, 12:02 AM
Ugh where are all the people who tore me apart and were such arrogant jerks when I said that it would def be Manning regardless of past history. Damn know it alls! You know who you are! Lmao

many of us thought eli would be on it. surprised no coaches tho...my vote for narrator would be, hmmm, who would be a good fit...Derek Jeter? he has a good voice for it, is synonomous with NY...dont know how they decide...

SweetZombieJesus
08-06-2012, 06:49 AM
I like Tuck, but it would've been nice to see JPP there too. Him and Cruz were the two breakout stars.

JPP and Cruz's stories are pretty much the same, except JPP was a 1st round pick (albeit a risky one). Plus he is kind of hard to understand give him some time he'll get better.

B-Red22
08-06-2012, 06:59 AM
can not wait for this!!!

njsean
08-06-2012, 08:59 AM
Just saw the teaser ad on NFLN. Eli discussing similarities between championships

ghwriter1976
08-06-2012, 11:19 PM
I think they're a little more lenient about re-interviewing players for the annual episodes since they're not producing a big block of episodes at once like they did with I-XL. I couldn't think of anyone else other than Gilbride to take Eli's spot when you consider the year that he had and the "elite" talks before it began.