PDA

View Full Version : Heart felt condolences from Giants fans to the Eagle nation.....

FBomb
08-05-2012, 12:26 PM
All hatred and rivalries aside, this is not something you'd wish on your worst enemies. As a father my heart goes out to Coach Reid.:(

I posted this is smack talk as well....wasn't sure if posting it here was appropriate.

giantsfan420
08-05-2012, 12:28 PM
my condolences as well. but i hate to bring this up, but i dont think reid was winning any father of the year awards. it is common knowledge even from philly fans that reid spent so much time on football that he neglected his own kids to the point they were using his house to sell hardcore drugs...its a sad thing that happened that concluced a sad cycle. thank god for all the dads who put their family before absolutely everything

FBomb
08-05-2012, 12:28 PM
All hatred and rivalries aside, this is not something you'd wish on your worst enemies. As a father my heart goes out to Coach Reid.:(

I posted this is smack talk as well....wasn't sure if posting it here was appropriate.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/eagles/story/2012-08-05/garrett-reid-dead-andy-reid-eagles/56800662/1

FBomb
08-05-2012, 12:30 PM
my condolences as well. but i hate to bring this up, but i dont think reid was winning any father of the year awards. it is common knowledge even from philly fans that reid spent so much time on football that he neglected his own kids to the point they were using his house to sell hardcore drugs...its a sad thing that happened that concluced a sad cycle. thank god for all the dads who put their family before absolutely everything

I dfon't think any of us have the right to judge him since we really don't know anything about the situation.....this is nothing but speculation.

giantsfan420
08-05-2012, 12:31 PM
I dfon't think any of us have the right to judge him since we really don't know anything about the situation.....this is nothing but speculation.

thats true and i dont mean to come off that way. condolences to andy reid and my heart goes out to him. i was merely speculating on the poor kids life who obviously was filled with some serious issues and turmoil that prob could have been avoided with a better home situation...

Snappinnecks
08-05-2012, 12:36 PM
Horrible. I wouldn't know what do to if I lost my son. Jesus..

gfd_2
08-05-2012, 12:48 PM
Terrible when parents have to bury a child. Thoughts and prayers to the Reid family.

RoanokeFan
08-05-2012, 12:59 PM

Good thinking, check your PM

FBomb
08-05-2012, 01:11 PM
got it!!!1

rxc999
08-05-2012, 01:15 PM
Condolences to the entire Reid family...Heart breaking loss!!! On another note...this might make the team extra motivated to succeed..

GMENAGAIN
08-05-2012, 01:17 PM
Unbelievably sad news. Condolences to the Reid family

BurnerNYG
08-05-2012, 01:24 PM
Unbelievably sad news. Condolences to the Reid familyWhy is it so unbelievable? Did you hear about that 4 year old that got shot and killed in the Bronx last week? How bout that 17 year old girl that got shot in the head and killed in Bpt, CT because some dumb *****es don't know how to shoot(shouldn't be shooting in the 1st place)? How bout Colorado? I feel bad for Reid but I also feel bad for those who aren't celebs... things are crazy everywhere. Unbelievable... yeah right!

FBomb
08-05-2012, 01:31 PM
Why is it so unbelievable? Did you hear about that 4 year old that got shot and killed in the Bronx last week? How bout that 17 year old girl that got shot in the head and killed in Bpt, CT because some dumb *****es don't know how to shoot(shouldn't be shooting in the 1st place)? How bout Colorado? I feel bad for Reid but I also feel bad for those who aren't celebs... things are crazy everywhere. Unbelievable... yeah right!

Man....you make an argument about anything.

RoanokeFan
08-05-2012, 01:36 PM
Why is it so unbelievable? Did you hear about that 4 year old that got shot and killed in the Bronx last week? How bout that 17 year old girl that got shot in the head and killed in Bpt, CT because some dumb *****es don't know how to shoot(shouldn't be shooting in the 1st place)? How bout Colorado? I feel bad for Reid but I also feel bad for those who aren't celebs... things are crazy everywhere. Unbelievable... yeah right!

You need to lighten up, people are expressing their condolences to a family for their loss.

BurnerNYG
08-05-2012, 01:47 PM
Man....you make an argument about anything.Wasn't really making an argument, just sharing some harsh realities of life. We get all wrapped up with celebs lIke we know them (not saying you) when things are crazy all around us. I have a sister that's fighting cancer but no one on thIs message board will care or pat me on the back for donating bone marrow because I'm not a celeb but you all actually talk to me. I wrote it in your post a few weeks ago and nobody said nothing... I guess I'm a liar. With that said, my condolences to Reid and his family.

FBomb
08-05-2012, 02:17 PM
Wasn't really making an argument, just sharing some harsh realities of life. We get all wrapped up with celebs lIke we know them (not saying you) when things are crazy all around us. I have a sister that's fighting cancer but no one on thIs message board will care or pat me on the back for donating bone marrow because I'm not a celeb but you all actually talk to me. I wrote it in your post a few weeks ago and nobody said nothing... I guess I'm a liar. With that said, my condolences to Reid and his family.

This is a forum for football news, not world news. While those stories are truly tragic, I was posting about football related issues.

BurnerNYG
08-05-2012, 02:20 PM
This is a forum for football news, not world news. While those stories are truly tragic, I was posting about football related issues.You're absolutely right and this is appropriate...I was just giving my feedback. My opinion not everyone else's and definitely not an argument.

FBomb
08-05-2012, 02:24 PM
FWIW....I deeply appreciate everyone's condolences in that thread, and I had some good thoughts for you and your family then......but I had to take time away to say goodbye to my friend, so i didn't really get an opportunity to respond to a lot of the nice things said. The day after his funeral I decided that I was now going to just put it all behind me and not think of him as dead anymore...just not around. I decided that I would also not return to the thread.

I didn't mean to give you the impression that what you did wasn't heroic.

BurnerNYG
08-05-2012, 03:07 PM
Thanks, good post. I wasn't really expecting a response and make your post all about me... I know how you felt. I was just sharing my thoughts on my sItuatIon (being that I just came back from B'more) to shed some encouragement to you and anybody else who lost someone or has someone close to them battlIng that God awful dIsease.

nycisgreat
08-05-2012, 03:21 PM
Best wishes to the Reid family. God will see them through this tragic event.

ashleymarie
08-05-2012, 04:27 PM
"Pray without Ceasing. The Lord your God will soften your sorrow." My sympathies go out to the family and loved ones during this time.

easterbeast
08-05-2012, 04:36 PM

yeah, i agree.............its a shame most people don't get headlines.
but after hearing this news, i wasnt surprised at all...........................i had the same feeling as when whitney houston died.

JimC
08-05-2012, 04:45 PM
Thoughts and prayers to the Reid family during this very difficult time.

Giantslb66
08-05-2012, 05:01 PM
Very sad news. This is much bigger than football.

Sundown
08-05-2012, 05:05 PM
As much as many of us cant stand the Eagles, no fan base should have to go through what they have the last few years with un expected deaths. My deepest condolences to the Eagles fan base.

Cool Papa B.
08-05-2012, 05:07 PM
"Pray without Ceasing. The Lord your God will soften your sorrow." My sympathies go out to the family and loved ones during this time.

+1...
Amen, and amen.

jomo
08-05-2012, 05:22 PM
Condolences go out from our family to the Reid family.

GMENAGAIN
08-05-2012, 05:29 PM

I didn't say that his death was "unbelievable", I said that it was "unbelievbly sad". Just like it was unbelievably sad for the parents of the 4 year-old and 17 year-old referenced in your post. I view the death of any child to be unbelievably sad for that family and his/her parents.

The thing that is truly unbelievable is your post.

hungrrrry
08-05-2012, 05:55 PM
I just read about the news of this trajedy...as the constant pain in the Giants *** in the division rivalry, I have absolute respect for the guy and hope he is able to move forward beyond this. We, as respected Giants fans, don't hold anything against any one individual of any team, just the team(s) as they symbolicly represent the enemy. If Reid were to stop coaching, I would feel the NFL would be a much weaker league with regard to coaching and competetive nature.

hungrrrry
08-05-2012, 05:59 PM
Bumping this thread...tragic situation regardless of any circumstances

TheEnigma
08-05-2012, 06:00 PM
I hate to be THAT guy but I can't help it. Don't be surprised if this death unites the Eagles team and makes them play that much harder this year. Condolences to Reid and the entire family.

miked1958
08-05-2012, 07:08 PM
Yes I agree. No one wAnts to see something like this happen.. Just terrible for Andy and his family

bigjeep
08-05-2012, 07:21 PM

I sadly have to agree! Football isn't that Important!

rainierjef
08-05-2012, 07:25 PM
I didn't say that his death was "unbelievable", I said that it was "unbelievbly sad". Just like it was unbelievably sad for the parents of the 4 year-old and 17 year-old referenced in your post. I view the death of any child to be unbelievably sad for that family and his/her parents.

The thing that is truly unbelievable is your post.
what he's saying is the public attention and affection or empathy for reid's son while admirable and human should not foreshadow or be of greater importance than the others unfortunate that have passed, due to celebrity stature or fame.

condolences to the reid family and their loss and to all the nameless/forgotten solders in our united states military.

FBomb
08-05-2012, 07:31 PM
what he's saying is the public attention and affection or empathy for reid's son while admirable and human should not foreshadow or be of greater importance than the others unfortunate that have passed, due to celebrity stature or fame.

condolences to the reid family and their loss and to all the nameless/forgotten solders in our united states military.

But this would not have been the forum to address that. It's a football forum. No one is belittling the importance of the pain and suffering millions of "normal" families go through....this is just not the place to start a thread about it.

rainierjef
08-05-2012, 07:32 PM
But this would not have been the forum to address that. It's a football forum. No one is belittling the importance of the pain and suffering millions of "normal" families go through....this is just not the place to start a thread about it.
i am merely shedding light to what he probably meant i am neutral on the matter.

MattyD21
08-05-2012, 07:33 PM
Besides the rival with philly never held anything against Andy Reid , my condolences to his family Gbless

Toadofsteel
08-05-2012, 07:42 PM
I may not like the guy, but nobody deserves to have that happen to them... condolences to the Reid family, but we're still coming for you on Sept. 30...

GMENAGAIN
08-05-2012, 07:43 PM
what he's saying is the public attention and affection or empathy for reid's son while admirable and human should not foreshadow or be of greater importance than the others unfortunate that have passed, due to celebrity stature or fame. condolences to the reid family and their loss and to all the nameless/forgotten solders in our united states military.
Who said that it should?

GMENAGAIN
08-05-2012, 07:45 PM

A post like this on the same day that the guy's kid dies? Wow . . . .

SweetZombieJesus
08-05-2012, 07:47 PM
I hate to be THAT guy but I can't help it. Don't be surprised if this death unites the Eagles team and makes them play that much harder this year. Condolences to Reid and the entire family.

How did it work out for Green Bay? Not to be THAT guy...

rainierjef
08-05-2012, 07:48 PM
Who said that it should?
listen! i am not arguing with you i am merely pointing out what he was trying to say. you said his post was unbelievable i simply put it in a different context for you to understand what Burner is trying to say.

EJ Blue
08-05-2012, 08:14 PM
Why is it so unbelievable? Did you hear about that 4 year old that got shot and killed in the Bronx last week? How bout that 17 year old girl that got shot in the head and killed in Bpt, CT because some dumb *****es don't know how to shoot(shouldn't be shooting in the 1st place)? How bout Colorado? I feel bad for Reid but I also feel bad for those who aren't celebs... things are crazy everywhere. Unbelievable... yeah right!Anything can be generalized if you look at it that way. Well this is NFL related, which makes it relevant to this board or anything football related. Nothing wrong with giving condolences to specific people.

GMENAGAIN
08-05-2012, 08:31 PM
listen! i am not arguing with you i am merely pointing out what he was trying to say. you said his post was unbelievable i simply put it in a different context for you to understand what Burner is trying to say.
With all due respect, I don't need your help to figure out what he was trying to say. I didn't think his post was incredibly strange because I didn't know what he was trying to say . . . . I thought his post was incredibly strange because it was incredibly strange.

TheEnigma
08-05-2012, 09:01 PM
How did it work out for Green Bay? Not to be THAT guy...

Playing harder /= Winning

I'm just pointing out that the Eagles could be more united from this event.

BurnerNYG
08-05-2012, 09:38 PM
With all due respect, I don't need your help to figure out what he was trying to say. I didn't think his post was incredibly strange because I didn't know what he was trying to say . . . . I thought his post was incredibly strange because it was incredibly strange.You're what they call a sarcastic, miserable person that always has something negative to say to stir up an argument. You didn't understand what I was tryIng to say? Good for you! Try finding a clue and stop letting things on a message board ruin your already boring day.

BurnerNYG
08-05-2012, 09:43 PM
Anything can be generalized if you look at it that way. Well this is NFL related, which makes it relevant to this board or anything football related. Nothing wrong with giving condolences to specific people.I guess you didn't read my next post that explained what I was saying. Man this board never changes... you guys crack me up. Who are y'all trying to impress?

brad
08-05-2012, 10:16 PM
When it comes to football, smack talk and even bitter rivals are expected, but when it comes to something like this the teams no longer matter. Losing a child is every parents worst nightmare. My condolences to the Reid family and Eagle nation.

Carter.525
08-05-2012, 10:18 PM
very sad, R.I.P.

GMENAGAIN
08-05-2012, 11:27 PM
You're what they call a sarcastic, miserable person that always has something negative to say to stir up an argument. You didn't understand what I was tryIng to say? Good for you! Try finding a clue and stop letting things on a message board ruin your already boring day.
LOL . . . . who called who out here? Since you have apparently forgotten, you called me out for offering condolences to a grieving family over a death that just happened today and which, by the way, is the subject of this thread. Apparenly, you didn't like my offer of condolences because it did not equally recognize every other human being who has ever died in this world. Do you not see how disturbed and strange that is?.

Once again, I fully understood what you were saying. I just thought that what you were saying was a stupid response to my post. Do you get the difference?

BigBlue1971
08-05-2012, 11:43 PM
our thoughts and prayers go out to the Reid family!

very sad to lose a son like that!

BurnerNYG
08-06-2012, 12:06 AM
LOL . . . . who called who out here? Since you have apparently forgotten, you called me out for offering condolences to a grieving family over a death that just happened today and which, by the way, is the subject of this thread. Apparenly, you didn't like my offer of condolences because it did not equally recognize every other human being who has ever died in this world. Do you not see how disturbed and strange that is?.

Once again, I fully understood what you were saying. I just thought that what you were saying was a stupid response to my post. Do you get the difference?Yeah I simply said with all the tragedy going on right now I wouldn't call this news unbelievable. You then took the lil kid route and started calling names. Did I tell you to pay homage to all the deaths in this country? No I was speaking for myself and how nothing even as tragic as this comes as a surprise. In the last few weeks I read and heard about so many deaths it's disturbing. I'm sorry if that's too real for you.

GMENAGAIN
08-06-2012, 07:35 AM
Yeah I simply said with all the tragedy going on right now I wouldn't call this news unbelievable. You then took the lil kid route and started calling names. Did I tell you to pay homage to all the deaths in this country? No I was speaking for myself and how nothing even as tragic as this comes as a surprise. In the last few weeks I read and heard about so many deaths it's disturbing. I'm sorry if that's too real for you.

Wrong again.

Please point out where I called you a single name. The only name-calling came from you.

Diamondring
08-06-2012, 08:06 AM
Sorry you lost your son Reid and this is to other people who lost their love ones.

Giantsin04
08-06-2012, 10:08 AM
Condolences to the Reid family. I feel awful for them.

***Side note - Opiate drug use is rampent with young people throughout the country. It quickly rolls into the more cost effective main lining of heroin. If you know someone that abuses opiates, Offer to help them. Maybe you think they are weak, maybe you think they are sick. It doesn't matter. These people are about to flush their life down the toilet and most are not strong enough to stop themselves.***

GameTime
08-06-2012, 11:15 AM
Condolences to the Reid family. No speculation on AR's ability to be a father is even necessary or warrated. He has/had five children. The best parents have kids that go down the wrong path. The dif tangent this thread has taken is absolutley ridiculous and totally unecessary.

BurnerNYG
08-06-2012, 12:34 PM
Wrong again.

Please point out where I called you a single name. The only name-calling came from you.Look I'm not gonna continue being disrespectful and argue with you on this post but if you don't think calling somebody's post unbelievable or strange is a form of indirect name calling then something is definitely wrong with you.

GMENAGAIN
08-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Look I'm not gonna continue being disrespectful and argue with you on this post but if you don't think calling somebody's post unbelievable or strange is a form of indirect name calling then something is definitely wrong with you.

Now that you have finally seen the light and admitted that your posts on this "condolences" thread were disrespectful, let's move on. Everyone makes mistakes.

I'm sorry that I hurt your feelings with my indirect name calling.

giantsfan420
08-06-2012, 01:36 PM
With all due respect, I don't need your help to figure out what he was trying to say. I didn't think his post was incredibly strange because I didn't know what he was trying to say . . . . I thought his post was incredibly strange because it was incredibly strange.

dude, what are you the authority on this subject? people have diff thought and feelings on the matter. your feelings on this is no better than anyone elses. like ur going through people posts that are expressing their thoughts and belittling them bc they dont match the amount of "respect" you feel is deserved...spare usfrom any more commentaries on how people should react to this...

giantsfan420
08-06-2012, 01:39 PM
Wrong again.

Please point out where I called you a single name. The only name-calling came from you.

no he's absolutely right. you been going through peoples posts and criticizing them for absolutely no reason other than how they feel doesnt match how you feel. get over yourself.

GMENAGAIN
08-06-2012, 01:41 PM
no he's absolutely right. you been going through peoples posts and criticizing them for absolutely no reason other than how they feel doesnt match how you feel. get over yourself.
Says the guy who questioned Andy Reid's parenting on this thread only hours after his kid died . . . . .

GMENAGAIN
08-06-2012, 01:43 PM

Eh, he was the one who ripped my post that simply offered condolences to the Reid family. Based upon the beatings that you have taken on other threads lately, I would have thought that you would have learned by now to check your facts before posting . . . . .

giantsfan420
08-06-2012, 01:44 PM
yeah....your point? i offered my condolences, and shared what i feel to be true and that is actually documented.

i know i know, you feel your better than everyone and feel you can go through peoples posts and let them know how wrong they are...but its pathetic how ur going through the thread and criticizing people who have diff thoughts on the matter than you.

get over yourself.

JJC7301
08-06-2012, 01:46 PM
My condolences to Andy Reid and his family, as well as the Eagles organization and fans as well.

giantsfan420
08-06-2012, 01:46 PM
Eh, he was the one who ripped my post that simply offered condolences to the Reid family. Based upon the beatings that you have taken on other threads lately, I would have thought that you would have learned by now to check your facts before posting . . . . .

LMFAO! what a completely sorry loser. done with you. is there an ignore feature here? i'd love for u to show me any beatings tho? wow you are pathetic.
its ironic, the guy going through post after post criticizing people for not giving enough repsect to the matter, is the same guy who is hijacking the thread and taking the focus off the actual subject. man i feel sorry for you. spare me a reply, ur ignored

GMENAGAIN
08-06-2012, 01:48 PM
LMFAO! what a completely sorry loser. done with you. is there an ignore feature here? i'd love for u to show me any beatings tho? wow you are pathetic.
its ironic, the guy going through post after post criticizing people for not giving enough repsect to the matter, is the same guy who is hijacking the thread and taking the focus off the actual subject. man i feel sorry for you. spare me a reply, ur ignored

Don't you have an Eli argument to get to?

giantsfan420
08-06-2012, 01:49 PM
i'm loving how we finally got an ignore poster list but back to the topic, it is a tragedy and condolences go out to the reid family. its a shame, and it isnt shocking either bc of the history that has been documented

YATittle1962
08-06-2012, 02:53 PM
prayers for the Reid family in this very tough time

always liked and respected Andy Reid

may their souls heal in time

BurnerNYG
08-06-2012, 03:46 PM
i'm loving how we finally got an ignore poster list but back to the topic, it is a tragedy and condolences go out to the reid family. its a shame, and it isnt shocking either bc of the history that has been documentedExactly! There is absolutely no reason to argue with this clown. As far as we know he's some 300 lb loser who gets no respect in life so he comes on the Giants message board everyday tryin to earn. Ignored completely.

GMENAGAIN
08-06-2012, 03:55 PM
Exactly! There is absolutely no reason to argue with this clown. As far as we know he's some 300 lb loser who gets no respect in life so he comes on the Giants message board everyday tryin to earn. Ignored completely.

Didn't you say in one of your previous posts that name calling was a "little kid's route"?

giantsfan420
08-06-2012, 04:06 PM
Exactly! There is absolutely no reason to argue with this clown. As far as we know he's some 300 lb loser who gets no respect in life so he comes on the Giants message board everyday tryin to earn. Ignored completely.

u shouldnt listen to me though, "i get beaten on by all these posters and I need to find an eli thread"...lmfao. glad we got that feature. i dont think ill use that feature for more than a couple posters...

and watch, i guarantee he'll still try to instigate with us bc he simply cant have anyone feel differently than him and that he isnt superior to them...

GameTime
08-06-2012, 04:15 PM
This thread turned into a personal pissing contest. Why don't you two PM yourselves and take the *****ing eleswhere.
Andy Reid and his family lost a son, brother, cousin, etc. At least show a modicum of respect and pull your personal BS off the thread.

Grow up......please.....

njg85m
08-06-2012, 04:21 PM
^ Seconded.

giantsfan420
08-06-2012, 04:38 PM
This thread turned into a personal pissing contest. Why don't you two PM yourselves and take the *****ing eleswhere.
Andy Reid and his family lost a son, brother, cousin, etc. At least show a modicum of respect and pull your personal BS off the thread.

Grow up......please.....

um ok. right back at ya slick. me and burner stated our opinions with a poster mocking that...i'd say he was the one who started the pissing contest. but u r right, back to the subject, which i have stated several times already that is a tragedy and my thoughts go to his and his family

BurnerNYG
08-06-2012, 04:43 PM

Grow up......please.....All you see is us two huh? Do you really think I'm disrespecting Andy Reid on this post like I'm at his son's memorial service? Grow up? Did you read my InItIal posts on this thread about me actually saving a life? Your lIttle Mb buddy attacked me for just voicing my opinion. Don't come at me like that.

FBomb
08-06-2012, 07:17 PM
https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxAuu6-QE-ML9Yv8fGFreqXUOIiEWYhRwA3sGkyLQhm-XnPGeP

September 5th can't come soon enough.

Mod_C
08-06-2012, 07:42 PM
um ok. right back at ya slick. me and burner stated our opinions with a poster mocking that...i'd say he was the one who started the pissing contest. but u r right, back to the subject, which i have stated several times already that is a tragedy and my thoughts go to his and his family

Says the guy who questioned Andy Reid's parenting on this thread only hours after his kid died . . . . .

You two need to add each other to your ignore lists. You can't stay on message and end up sparing with each other which no one wants to watch. We want everyone to enjoy their time here and that means abiding by the rules. Calling out other posters, attacking them personally, etc. are infractions that can, and will, get you banned if it continues.

FBomb
08-06-2012, 07:47 PM
You two need to add each other to your ignore lists. You can't stay on message and end up sparing with each other which no one wants to watch. We want everyone to enjoy their time here and that means abiding by the rules. Calling out other posters, attacking them personally, etc. are infractions that can, and will, get you banned if it continues.

Not to mention.....if you're getting facepalmed by Carl, you KNOW you must be acting ****ing stupid.:o

Captain Chaos
08-06-2012, 07:47 PM
Our thoughts and prayers! It wouldn't be a great rivalry unless you respected your opponent!

Mod_C
08-06-2012, 07:52 PM
Only here could a well intentioned thread offering condolences to someone who just lost a child turn into a cat fight

gmen46
08-06-2012, 08:00 PM
As a father of 2 sons in their 20s (one of whom struggled a bit with drugs in his teens), my heart bleeds for Andy. I don't pray very much, but I pray for you and your family, Andy. May your son Garrett find peace that eluded him.

FBomb
08-06-2012, 09:08 PM
Only here could a well intentioned thread offering condolences to someone who just lost a child turn into a cat fight

https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThzHyTxf6padAa1SRYOB4Ryhr2NC3Mu RMeUhWHqOt-HFN8ODSW

GameTime
08-06-2012, 09:31 PM
Funny...now both of you are bickering at me.....
I guess you really dont get it....
Oh well....

joemorrisforprez
08-06-2012, 10:30 PM
As a father of 2 sons in their 20s (one of whom struggled a bit with drugs in his teens), my heart bleeds for Andy. I don't pray very much, but I pray for you and your family, Andy. May your son Garrett find peace that eluded him.

Well-said.

Addiction is a terrible situation, and it cuts across race, class, religion, etc. This was a real tragedy.

Providence
08-06-2012, 10:42 PM
My deepest sympathies to the Reid family. Truly this is a tragedy that plays out all too frequently. If awareness is brought to the issue of drug addiction in young people then his death may not be in a vain. But for now, nothing but good energy and thoughts to the Reid family.

And to anyone who said anything in this thread about Reid being a bad father, about being afraid that this will unite Philly and make them a tough team, or about anything other than respectful condolences: you're an absolute chump, grow up.

joemorrisforprez
08-06-2012, 10:49 PM
My deepest sympathies to the Reid family. Truly this is a tragedy that plays out all too frequently. If awareness is brought to the issue of drug addiction in young people then his death may not be in a vain. But for now, nothing but good energy and thoughts to the Reid family.

And to anyone who said anything in this thread about Reid being a bad father, about being afraid that this will unite Philly and make them a tough team, or about anything other than respectful condolences: you're an absolute chump, grow up.

Agreed.....nobody deserves to deal with drug addiction in their family.....and often, it hits great families, and leaves devastation behind.

GameTime
08-06-2012, 10:54 PM
Well-said.

Addiction is a terrible situation, and it cuts across race, class, religion, etc. This was a real tragedy.

+1......we have our own personal baggage to tend to.

FBomb
08-06-2012, 11:14 PM
Our thoughts and prayers! It wouldn't be a great rivalry unless you respected your opponent!

I like this one better!!

https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQEulBN8aAVR_3VWOfmQLqBq5-Q2NqRul8zKyoW33rl1QKnXbxd7A

BurnerNYG
08-07-2012, 02:06 AM
I'm a father of two, boy and girl and I couldn't fathom the thought of losing one. I'm not some unsympathetic guy and I gave my condolences. All I said was that we're living in some crazy times and nothing comes to me as a surprise. I know this is football related but it's also a topic of a tragic death which I also read and hear about daily in our communities involving the youth. I guess I went off topic a bit but did it merit a tongue lashing?

rainierjef
08-07-2012, 03:29 AM

Not to be controversial boss... and F-Bomb good post to begin with.
but......
this is the giants message board forum and it states This is the place to talk X's and O's about Big Blue. OFF-TOPIC DISCUSSION, POLITICS, RELIGION, AND SMACK ARE PROHIBITED IN THIS FORUM! i think this is a topic not suited for this forum and should be in the general sports area or something. in a melting pot of opinions its evident that one person see's what they see while others agree or disagree, bashing opinions is not the way; i don't know who started it or care, but did you not see this coming with this topic, and the team and coach that suffered from such a tragedy? should of been moved since day one.
the smack talk forum wasn't a good choice either that's a disaster waiting to happen surprised it didn't balloon already.

just my two cents
again condolences to the loss, whatever the cause of his death was i hope it stays out of the medias keyboards and cameras.