PDA

View Full Version : Steve Smith looking good in Rams Camp

StraightCruzinn
08-05-2012, 02:45 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp12/story/_/page/claytoncamprams120804/nfl-observations-st-louis-rams-training-camp

I (http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp12/story/_/page/claytoncamprams120804/nfl-observations-st-louis-rams-training-camp) hope he kills it. Miss that guy.

primetime
08-05-2012, 02:53 PM
Steve Smith is an interesting player on these boards.
He was once a favorite of many fans, we all remember the huge 3rd down reception he had in the super bowl as a rookie. And before he got hurt Eli and Smith had a phenomenal connection on the field.
But than he went to one of the most hated rivals of ours (Philadelphia Eagles)
After that, he has been an after thought among Giants fans.
If Smith would not have gotten hurt, it's more than likely he would still be a Giant

StraightCruzinn
08-05-2012, 02:56 PM
He was once a favorite of many fans, we all remember the huge 3rd down reception he had in the super bowl as a rookie. And before he got hurt Eli and Smith had a phenomenal connection on the field.
After that, he has been an after though among Giants fans.
If Smith would not have gotten hurt, it's more than likely he would still be a Giant

Thanks for the history lesson lol.

Diamondring
08-05-2012, 03:08 PM
Thanks for the history lesson lol.

Just a recap and for new posters who don't know.

SweetZombieJesus
08-05-2012, 03:09 PM

I don't know, man. That guy really played the role of Mr. Giant, interacting with the fans on twitter and picking up the banner of what a great organization this is.

Then he turns down a contract extension to test free agency, and joins the Eagles without giving Reese a chance to match the offer -- and calls Reese a liar in the press over it. And this was after using the Giants' training facilities during the summer and even chiming in on the Osi-McCoy twitter war by posting a picture of the Eagles' empty trophy case hanging in his locker. This was like 6-8 weeks before he signs with them.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSF08GWQdS32stn_F15d_WkvA3Q1P96c CWfFFy3raKjyFL9ED7qBCddiM6ugA
"The nerve of certain youngins running their mouth. Please don't forget." Don't worry Steve, I didn't.

Two face Captain Hypocrite. Rot, Steve Smith.

zimonami
08-05-2012, 03:51 PM
I don't know, man. That guy really played the role of Mr. Giant, interacting with the fans on twitter and picking up the banner of what a great organization this is.

Then he turns down a contract extension to test free agency, and joins the Eagles without giving Reese a chance to match the offer -- and calls Reese a liar in the press over it. And this was after using the Giants' training facilities during the summer and even chiming in on the Osi-McCoy twitter war by posting a picture of the Eagles' empty trophy case hanging in his locker. This was like 6-8 weeks before he signs with them.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSF08GWQdS32stn_F15d_WkvA3Q1P96c CWfFFy3raKjyFL9ED7qBCddiM6ugA
"The nerve of certain youngins running their mouth. Please don't forget." Don't worry Steve, I didn't.

Two face Captain Hypocrite. Rot, Steve Smith.
He wasn't going to get the Giants to match Philly's offer. The Giants knew he wouldn't be ready, weren't going to rush him, and wasn't yet worth a big commitment. The Eagles were both hoping he could be ready, and hoping to keep him away from us. So, Steve followed the money. Steve and the Eagles were both fools. Well, Steve got his money.
This is the season his knee should be ready, if ever again. He could be a nice help to the Rams. Good luck to him.

greenca190
08-05-2012, 03:54 PM

Oh, that's what happened?

StraightCruzinn
08-05-2012, 04:26 PM
You can't blame Steve for following the money. It's a dangerous game. Fans don't and never will understand. What if he started playing awful would every one still have his back? No.

moo
08-05-2012, 04:33 PM
I still like the guy. I hope he does well.

Giantslb66
08-05-2012, 05:15 PM
Hope he does well........but we have moved on from him!

jomo
08-05-2012, 05:56 PM
Giants did right by us in not burning too much money on a guy who might not have been ready for the season. Smart move.
Eagles burned a bunch of money on a guy who did nothing for them and impaired their salary cap to do so. They could have had a stronger roster last year had htey not signed Smith. Dumb move.
Smith made an extra Million dollars playing in Philly last year than he would have made here. For a guy who may never play again, that was a reasonable thing to do for his family.
I will remember him as "third and Smith." It fit him well and he wore it well until the final weeks.
It is history and I wish him well when he's not playing against us.

SweetZombieJesus
08-05-2012, 07:51 PM
He wasn't going to get the Giants to match Philly's offer. The Giants knew he wouldn't be ready, weren't going to rush him, and wasn't yet worth a big commitment. .

We'll never know because he didn't give them the chance. He (and/or his agent) didn't return Jerry Reese's phone calls.

zimonami
08-05-2012, 08:35 PM
We'll never know because he didn't give them the chance. He (and/or his agent) didn't return Jerry Reese's phone calls.\
Yes... that was very disappointing. After his hi-profile 'niceness' to all on FB, and many good words for the Giants, he clammed up, disappeared, and rentered life on the Dark Side. It was quite surprising to me. His earlier 'niceness' seemed so disingenuous

derekunion28
08-07-2012, 08:09 PM
\
Yes... that was very disappointing. After his hi-profile 'niceness' to all on FB, and many good words for the Giants, he clammed up, disappeared, and rentered life on the Dark Side. It was quite surprising to me. His earlier 'niceness' seemed so disingenuous yeah seems really odd odd thing...the way it all went down

jomo
08-09-2012, 10:08 PM
yeah seems really odd odd thing...the way it all went downHard to figure out what really went down. He's still a kid in terms of life maturity. He fumbled that one but I have a feeling that he is a good guy who made a mistake in handling something he wasn't prepared for. Either way, I don't care much one way or the other. I really liked him here, not so much with him elsewhere.

gmen0820
08-13-2012, 04:31 PM
I'm still pissed we didn't resign him. Thought it was laughable that people really though that his career was over. Jesus Christ, how many Giants had microfracture surgery and had pitiful first years back? 3, and two of them were playing like **** in 2009.

zimonami
08-13-2012, 05:09 PM
I'm still pissed we didn't resign him. Thought it was laughable that people really though that his career was over. Jesus Christ, how many Giants had microfracture surgery and had pitiful first years back? 3, and two of them were playing like **** in 2009.
Even if his career wasn't over down the road, it was over as far as 2011 was concerned... so, in that light the Giants didn't off him anything wonderful to keep him around for a non-productive year. The Eagles bit and gave him 3 million for one year.... and got nothing out of their investment.
Did you want the Giants to give him a raise to 3 million for 2011 when he would not have played a down, and also not know whether or not he would be effective in 2012?

gmen0820
08-13-2012, 05:32 PM
Even if his career wasn't over down the road, it was over as far as 2011 was concerned... so, in that light the Giants didn't off him anything wonderful to keep him around for a non-productive year. The Eagles bit and gave him 3 million for one year.... and got nothing out of their investment.
Did you want the Giants to give him a raise to 3 million for 2011 when he would not have played a down, and also not know whether or not he would be effective in 2012?Oh no, I didn't want him in 2011. I was ecstatic that the Eagles filled his pockets and rehabbed him for us. In fact, I was in plenty of arguments over how losing Smith was not going to be an issue, as far as 2011 was concerned. Sorry, I didn't make myself clear in my OP.

Carter.525
08-13-2012, 11:18 PM
Smith should have never left.. grass isnt always greener

miked1958
08-16-2012, 04:04 AM
Rams got Stomped in their Pre season game. Anyone hear how he did?

miked1958
08-16-2012, 04:09 AM
Just looked it up. He had 2 catches for 14 yards. A pair of 7 yard grabs. Now I can't tell from box score how long he actually played. They had 14 guys catch balls from 3 QBs for a whopping 155 total passing yards. Oh and the Colts beat them 38-3

B-Red22
08-24-2012, 09:39 PM
eff Steve Smith, ya i'm still mad

Redeyejedi
08-25-2012, 09:55 AM
I like Smith but number 80 is a much more explosive and better player in the slot. If Steve Smith was here Cruz might not have gotten a chance. Things worked out for the Giants and I hope they do for Smith as well