PDA

View Full Version : Giants issue statement offering condolences to Andy Reid on the death of his son

RoanokeFan
08-05-2012, 08:03 PM
GIANTS ISSUE STATEMENT OFFERING CONDOLENCES TO ANDY REID ON THE DEATH OF HIS SON (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/08/giants_issue_statement_offerin.html)

Excerpt: "Football is a game of emotion and passion. Even for those who don't wear it on their sleeve," the team said in a statement. "The pain and sadness we feel for Andy Reid and his family for the loss of their son is palpable. It's the same sense we had when Joe Philbin's son passed away, but the emotions are even stronger for us now because of our connection to Coach Reid and his team and the fact that we compete twice, and occasionally three times, a year.

"We have such great respect for him as a person and coach." Read more...

rainierjef
08-05-2012, 08:07 PM
Class act move

njg85m
08-06-2012, 02:08 AM
RIP Garrett.

Hate seeing anyones son pass. Even worse Andy Reid is a really good guy in a game filled with not so great guys, and I hope he is able to cope sufficiently.

GameTime
08-06-2012, 09:17 AM
Thats a damn shame. Condolences.

RagTime Blue
08-06-2012, 09:39 AM
RIP Garrett.

Hate seeing anyones son pass. Even worse Andy Reid is a really good guy in a game filled with not so great guys, and I hope he is able to cope sufficiently.

Sums it up.

ghwriter1976
08-06-2012, 10:24 AM
You never want to wish this kind of loss on anyone, and despite the trash talking on both sides of the spectrum, there's always respect for each other as people. Many condolences, Coach...

Fuhgeddaboutit
08-06-2012, 10:25 AM
Sad to see a son pass away before you. Condolences.

giants8493
08-06-2012, 01:39 PM
Am I a bad person for not feeling bad that someone that did a lot of drugs died early? I just feel like its his fault and he should have known better.

JJC7301
08-06-2012, 01:45 PM
RIP Garrett.

+1. I feel horrible Reid and his family. My prayers go out to Andy Reid and his family.

jomo
08-06-2012, 02:34 PM
My thougths and prayers go out to the Reid family at this most difficult time.

giantsfan420
08-06-2012, 02:43 PM
Am I a bad person for not feeling bad that someone that did a lot of drugs died early? I just feel like its his fault and he should have known better.

ur not wrong for feeling however you feel, but it is a touchy subject. I had remarked in another post that this tragedy isnt shocking bc of the documented history he had. And I also believe that the tragedy could have been averted had he had a better home situation. Garrett has a brother who also was involved in that stuff. Its a tragedy when anyone passes, and u can feel that way, but the decent thing to do is pay respects for the loss even if u feel that way

BigBlue1971
08-06-2012, 02:43 PM
My thougths and prayers go out to the Reid family at this most difficult time.

ditto!

this kinda thing is tough to recover from!

RoanokeFan
08-06-2012, 02:53 PM

This is a thread about condolences, not blame assignment. You must not be a parent.

GameTime
08-06-2012, 03:14 PM
maybe you can be empathetic to the family and friends though. BTW...do you even know one thing about drug addiction? My guess is a resounding NO...

easterbeast
08-06-2012, 04:05 PM

no, i just feel bad for his loved ones