PDA

View Full Version : I dont care what happens... Tim Lewis gotta go!!6

shotcalla39
12-12-2011, 01:04 AM
I DON'T ANna hear its because of the players.. we have a Defensive player of the year candidate in pierre-paul.. 3 1ST ROUND round picks in Phillips, Ross ,Rolled and the first pick in the 2nd round in Webster... We have amazing talent on this D... Steve Spags Dr so much more with so much less... End of the half, you don't run a cover 2 and drop 2 safeties deep when they are trying to bomb downfield..

There's too much confusion out there he's not utilizing the players to use their instincts to the best of their abilities

You at least run a cover 3 and have 3 guys back to defend the deep ball at the end of the half

I don't care how much he wants to rant and rave about guys pulling up short because I haven't seen a defensive effort this great in a long time with Pierre-PAUL ...

With this type of talent , in no way shape or form should we be ranked towards the back of the league in any defensive category... PERRY FEWELL HAS GOT TO GO

Itlan
12-12-2011, 01:06 AM
Ross looks lost out there.

So does the rest of the D, but Ross looked really bad tonight.

giantyankee1976
12-12-2011, 01:06 AM
i was thinking Billy Sheridan version 2 but...

shotcalla39
12-12-2011, 01:08 AM
Ross looks lost out there.

So does the rest of the D, but Ross looked really bad tonight.

If there's confusion on the d its the coaches job to make sure the plays and schemes are second nature to all these players

giantsforce
12-12-2011, 01:10 AM
I DON'T ANna hear its because of the players.. we have a Defensive player of the year candidate in pierre-paul.. 3 1ST ROUND round picks in Phillips, Ross ,Rolled and the first pick in the 2nd round in Webster... We have amazing talent on this D... Steve Spags Dr so much more with so much less... End of the half, you don't run a cover 2 and drop 2 safeties deep when they are trying to bomb downfield.. You at least run a cover 3 and have 3 guys back to defend the deep ball.. I don't care how much he wants to rant and rave about guys pulling up short because I haven't seen a defensive effort this great in a long time with Pierre-PAUL ... With this type of talent , in no way shape or form should we be ranked towards the back of the league in any defensive category... PERRY FEWELL HAS GOT TO GOIt is time for the guy who brought this trash here to go too. You canno allow your DC to **** up constantly and not take any action. When you defense is getting torched for over 400 yards per game, there is something wrong and you need to do something ablout it. Obvisoulsy Coughlin cannot do anything about it, so he needs to go.

slipknottin
12-12-2011, 01:11 AM
You run at least a cover 3 so you have 3 guys to defend the deep ball?

There's a lot of good books available on amazon or wherever that can teach you about the concepts and how things like a cover 3 work.

BurnerNYG
12-12-2011, 01:11 AM
I hate debating with a few of my good friends on here but I agree and my eyes are open and Fewell gots to go.

shotcalla39
12-12-2011, 01:19 AM
You run at least a cover 3 so you have 3 guys to defend the deep ball?

There's a lot of good books available on amazon or wherever that can teach you about the concepts and how things like a cover 3 work.
Ft
Hey cover 3 equals. 3 deep zone.. I understand football.. I'm not a coach or nothin but I played in high schyool and pop Warner for 7 years and 2 times against Ray rice in 03 and 04e .. I'm not a scholar but I understand PF has gotta go and I understand basic coverages

PIERCEnumber58rules
12-12-2011, 01:29 AM
Fewell better crack the whip on his DB's if he wants to be here next year. No playoffs = you're fired Perry. That garbage we saw tonight was pathetic, and JPP and our offense covered for their butts. I think Mara and JR should call them out in a meeting to let these guys know their poor performances are unacceptable and embarrassing to the franchise. It's like they don't even give a crap that they blow coverages like its nothing.

slipknottin
12-12-2011, 01:29 AM
t
Hey cover 3 equals. 3 deep zone.. I understand football.. I'm not a coach or nothin but I played in high schyool and pop Warner for 7 years and 2 times against Ray rice in 03 and 04e .. I'm not a scholar but I understand PF has gotta go and I understand basic coverages

Cover 3 is primarily a run defense, it's the easy way to walk a safety down into the box. Any nfl team in the league (well maybe not the broncos) sees a cover 3 and audibles to a pass.

Run a cover 3 to stop the pass and opposing offenses chew you up with intermediate routes all day long.

JJC7301
12-12-2011, 01:31 AM
I DON'T ANna hear its because of the players.. we have a Defensive player of the year candidate in pierre-paul.. 3 1ST ROUND round picks in Phillips, Ross ,Rolled and the first pick in the 2nd round in Webster... We have amazing talent on this D... Steve Spags Dr so much more with so much less... End of the half, you don't run a cover 2 and drop 2 safeties deep when they are trying to bomb downfield..

There's too much confusion out there he's not utilizing the players to use their instincts to the best of their abilities

You at least run a cover 3 and have 3 guys back to defend the deep ball at the end of the half

I don't care how much he wants to rant and rave about guys pulling up short because I haven't seen a defensive effort this great in a long time with Pierre-PAUL ...

With this type of talent , in no way shape or form should we be ranked towards the back of the league in any defensive category... PERRY FEWELL HAS GOT TO GO
+ 1,000,000

giantsforce
12-12-2011, 01:33 AM
Fewell better crack the whip on his DB's if he wants to be here next year. No playoffs = you're fired Perry. That garbage we saw tonight was pathetic, and JPP and our offense covered for their butts. I think Mara and JR should call them out in a meeting to let these guys know their poor performances are unacceptable and embarrassing to the franchise. It's like they don't even give a crap that they blow coverages like its nothing.Mara and Reese care more about PSL's than the Giants.

daking1
12-12-2011, 01:34 AM
If I'm mistaken u want intermediate routes in the situation I'm with the op on this one bad play call

slipknottin
12-12-2011, 01:36 AM
If I'm mistaken u want intermediate routes in the situation I'm with the op on this one bad play call

Intermediate routes + 1 missed tackle = long TD...

Everyone yells at Fewell for not calling man coverage, then he calls man coverage and everyone yells at Fewell for not calling soft zone cover 3?

This place is insane

And I'm not making excuses for Fewell, and it's not as much the play calling I don't like, it's not having the defense prepared. They should not be blowing coverages like this this late into the season, just outrageous.

shotcalla39
12-12-2011, 01:50 AM

Everyone yells at Fewell for not calling man coverage, then he calls man coverage and everyone yells at Fewell for not calling soft zone cover 3?

This place is insane

And I'm not making excuses for Fewell, and it's not as much the play calling I don't like, it's not having the defense prepared. They should not be blowing coverages like this this late into the season, just outrageous.

There can be cover 3 with 3 men deep and a couple guys in man coverage.... But this was a basiccover 2 he called ... Watch the replay .. corners in the flat linebackers drop in an intermediate zone and 2 safeties deep... If he runs a basic cover 3 which is 3 guys deep we have a better chance to stop them... FEWELL is terrible.. if you gonna run a soft zone in that situation run a cover 3 instead of a cover 2 there

T-Murda84
12-12-2011, 01:58 AM

This place is insane

There can be cover 3 with 3 men deep and a couple guys in man coverage.... But this was a basiccover 2 he called ... Watch the replay .. corners in the flat linebackers drop in an intermediate zone and 2 safeties deep... If he runs a basic cover 3 which is 3 guys deep we have a better chance to stop them... FEWELL is terrible.. if you gonna run a soft zone in that situation run a cover 3 instead of a cover 2 there

The Cover 2 wasnt a bad call...Deon Grant did not make the right call...and Prince did a piss poor job on jamming Bryant. Deon Grant misplayed the cover 2....and Grant is getting old and his skills are diminishing.

BlueSanta
12-12-2011, 02:00 AM

This place is insane

Im not sure what play your refering to, but if it is the big sideline play at the end of the 1st half, we were in a tampa 2, which is a horrible defense to call in that situation. In more ways than 1.

T-Murda84
12-12-2011, 02:02 AM
I do not like the Cover 3 because its waaay to easy to recognize. When u see the safety creeping up with the Free Safety in the middle of the defense u will be able to recognize cover 3. Our cornerbacks are not athletic enough to run this because its a read and react type thing. If oppposing receivers see out cornerbacks dropping into a deep zone...the short comeback routes will kill this defense and eventually they will set up the deep ball because no of our corners have good recovery speed.

slipknottin
12-12-2011, 02:06 AM

This place is insane

Cover 2 is a much much stronger pass defense than cover 3. Cover 3 is a run defense. If you want strong pass defense you call cover 2. You want to really protect deep you call quarters. None of the play calls matter when the players don't execute. Looked like quarters coverage when Prince got beat for a huge gain.

Deep crossing routes when the QB has time will destroy any defensive coverage.

T-Murda84
12-12-2011, 02:06 AM

This place is insane

Im not sure what play your refering to, but if it is the big sideline play at the end of the 1st half, we were in a tampa 2, which is a horrible defense to call in that situation. In more ways than 1.

That wasnt a Tampa 2 defense. That was a basic cover 2...and Deon Grant was worried that Witten would get by our linebackers intermediate route. If it was a tampa 2...our middle linebacker made a mistake. A tampa 2 is nothing more than a Cover 3 with a Cover 2 presnap look. Its harder to read a tampa 2 than a basic Cover 3 presnap. The play call wasnt bad....the middle linebacker stayed with Witten but Deon Grant did do what he was assigned to do. Was it Mark Herzilich playing middle linebacker on that play?

slipknottin
12-12-2011, 02:11 AM

This place is insane

That wasnt a Tampa 2 defense. That was a basic cover 2...and Deon Grant was worried that Witten would get by our linebackers intermediate route. If it was a tampa 2...our middle linebacker made a mistake. A tampa 2 is nothing more than a Cover 3 with a Cover 2 presnap look. Its harder to read a tampa 2 than a basic Cover 3 presnap. The play call wasnt bad....the middle linebacker stayed with Witten but Deon Grant did do what he was assigned to do. Was it Mark Herzilich playing middle linebacker on that play?

Basic cover 2 IS Tampa 2. There's no difference. Cover 2 where no underneath defender drops deep into the middle is not a play call used by any nfl team. And no, the difference between cover 3 and Tampa 2 is not the "presnap look". You can give any presnap look and move into any coverage, they are independent of each other and have nothing to do with each other.

Herzlich wasn't even active this game.

If the play call was cover 2 then there were two problems. Grant coming up on the TE, and the CB not getting enough of a jam to slow the receiver.

shotcalla39
12-12-2011, 02:29 AM

Everyone yells at Fewell for not calling man coverage, then he calls man coverage and everyone yells at Fewell for not ii ii soft zone cover 3?

This place is insane

Basic cover 2 IS Tampa 2. There's no difference. Cover 2 where no underneath defender drops deep into the middle is not a play call used by any nfl team. And no, the difference between cover 3 and Tampa 2 is not the "presnap look". You can give any presnap look and move into any coverage, they are independent of each other and have nothing to do with each other.

If the play call was cover 2 then there were two problems. Grant coming up on the TE, and the CB not getting enough of a jam to slow the receiver.

At least most of us can agree the playcall sucked and Frwell is the culprit of the terrible d... Cover3 is nit neccesarily. Run defense.. wenever u drop 3 men deep that's a cover 3 .. if u blitz a few guys and drop 3 guys deep that's still a cover 3 ... A blitzing cover 3 but basic cover 3 drops every1 in coverage and maybe they stunt on the line

slipknottin
12-12-2011, 02:33 AM
]

At least most of us can agree the playcall sucked and Frwell is the culprit of the terrible d

As I said before, I have far less of a problem with his play calls and far more with the fact that the defense is making huge mistakes this far into the season, giving up these huge plays and blowing assignments just can not happen.

shotcalla39
12-12-2011, 02:37 AM
]

At least most of us can agree the playcall sucked and Frwell is the culprit of the terrible d

As I said before, I have far less of a problem with his play calls and far more with the fact that the defense is making huge mistakes this far into the season, giving up these huge plays and blowing assignments just can not happen.

Like I said before... If there's confusion on the d and guys don't know what they're doing that's on the coaching!

BlueSanta
12-12-2011, 02:39 AM

This place is insane

It absolutely was a tampa 2. Boley had deep middle. Watch the replay.

slipknottin
12-12-2011, 02:45 AM
]

I agree completely. If the players still don't understand what is going on by now then he has to simplify what he is trying to do.

Like I said before... If there's confusion on the d and guys don't know what they're doing that's on the coaching!

T-Murda84
12-12-2011, 02:54 AM

This place is insane

Im prettty sure the Tampa 2 is not a basic cover 2. The Tampa 2 has more of a 3 deep coverage...because the middle linebacker drops Deep. In a basic cover 2 the seams down the middle of the defense is open...but not in a Tampa 2...because the middle linebacker is athletic and has to be smart to see this. This is what makes Urlacher soo good. If we was in a Tampa 2...then Fewell made the Right Call....but Deon Grant would of stayed on Bryant and let Boley worry about dropping back to cover the tight end in the middle. This is the bad safety play im talking about.

And yes u can give a certain presnap look, but in a Tampa 2 u dont have to move around before the QB snaps it. In a basic Cover 3, the Defense needs to shift over right as they time the snap. Just like if u have an inverted Cover 2 with the Strong Safety blitzing, the defense has to rotate.

But to get back to the point...I really think the Tampa 2 is considered more of a Cover 3 Defense.

slipknottin
12-12-2011, 03:00 AM
I'll say it again, a basic cover 2 where no defender drops deeper into the middle of the field does not exist at the nfl level. Just isn't a legitimate play call leaving the entire middle of the field wide open. So anytime the play call is cover 2 zone, it's Tampa 2.

Defenses don't need to shift Pre snap for any coverage, they can line up in a cover 3... One safety deep middle, the other down in the box, happens all the time.

Pre snap looks are meaningless to the actual play call, all they do is try to get the offense thinking you are running a different call then you are.

BlueSanta
12-12-2011, 03:12 AM
I'll say it again, a basic cover 2 where no defender drops deeper into the middle of the field does not exist at the nfl level. Just isn't a legitimate play call leaving the entire middle of the field wide open. So anytime the play call is cover 2 zone, it's Tampa 2.

Defenses don't need to shift Pre snap for any coverage, they can line up in a cover 3... One safety deep middle, the other down in the box, happens all the time.

Pre snap looks are meaningless to the actual play call, all they do is try to get the offense thinking you are running a different call then you are.

I dont know If I am reading what your saying right, but a cover 2 and a tampa 2 are not the same thing at all. A tampa 2 is a hybrid of a cover 2 and a cover 3. The Lb drops fast to cover deep middle. That is the play we ran prior to the end of the 2nd half where we gave up a big sideline catch.

And a cover 3 is not a run defense. It can be, but it is typically used by defenses which want to roll towards a particular wr. Though, there are several variations on it.

slipknottin
12-12-2011, 03:22 AM
Let me try saying this a different way...

For every single nfl team, when they call a cover 2 defense, a linebacker has to run deep middle with any inside vertical seam route, which changes it from 2 deep 5 under to 3 deep 4 under.

There is no longer any team that would call the traditional cover 2 and ignore any inside vertical routes. All teams are calling a Tampa 2 when they call a cover 2.

The cover 3 defense exists for one reason, to allow for an 8 man front, that's it. That's why the defense gets called at the nfl level.

If you want to roll coverage to a side or a receiver, you do not call a cover 3. You call a cover 7.

BlueSanta
12-12-2011, 03:26 AM

For every single nfl team, when they call a cover 2 defense, a linebacker has to run deep middle with any inside vertical seam route, which changes it from 2 deep 5 under to 3 deep 4 under.

There is no longer any team that would call the traditional cover 2 and ignore any inside vertical routes. All teams are calling a Tampa 2 when they call a cover 2.

The cover 3 defense exists for one reason, to allow for an 8 man front, that's it. That's why the defense gets called at the nfl level.

If you want to roll coverage to a side or a receiver, you do not call a cover 3. You call a cover 7.

Nonsense. Tons of teams run a cover 2 , they just do it with man under. All of these defenses have variations which are comonly used. Several teams run a cover 2 without dropping a LB deep. The Cowboys did it numberous times tonight.

And a cover 3 is also commonly used to roll to a wr, very common in fact. We used it some vs Randy Moss in the Superbowl.

T-Murda84
12-12-2011, 03:32 AM

So basically the NFL has shifted to a Tampa 2 style instead of the traditional Cover 2. The Tampa 2 is not the traditional Cover 2 right? I understand the Cover 3 and the logic behind keeping 8 in the box.

I just dont agree with the original poster saying that Fewell decision to go with a traditional cover 2 was a bad playcall. It was acutally a Tampa 2 but Deon Grant got caught looking inside when Boley was covering Witten stride for stride. This safeties have to realize that they are the last line of defense.....They should know all the in and outs of the coverage and make sure no1 gets behind them in their deep zone.

shotcalla39
12-12-2011, 03:39 AM

For every single nfl team, when they call a cover 2 defense, a linebacker has to run deep middle with any inside vertical seam route, which changes it from 2 deep 5 under to 3 deep 4 under.y

So basically the NFL has shifted to a Tampa 2 style instead of the traditional Cover 2. The Tampa 2 is not the traditional Cover 2 right? I understand the Cover 3 and the logic behind keeping 8 in the box.

I just dont agree with the original poster saying that Fewell decision to go with a traditional cover 2 was a bad playcall. It was acutally a Tampa 2 but Deon Grant got caught looking inside when Boley was covering Witten stride for stride. This safeties have to realize that they are the last line of defense.....They should know all the in and outs of the coverage and make sure no1 gets behind them in their deep zone.. It was a cover 2 and Boley took it upon himself to lock on softens.. collinsworth even said it was cover 2... Grant has gotten old this year... If rolled Boley and grant were all dropping deep .. grant would've had that side of the field covered where they completee the pass

shotcalla39
12-12-2011, 03:42 AM

For every single nfl team, when they call a cover 2 defense, a linebacker has to run deep middle with any inside vertical seam route, which changes it from 2 deep 5 utnder to 3 deep 4 under.y

I just dont agree with the original poster saying that Fewell decision to go with a traditional cover 2 was a bad playcall. It was acutally a Tampa 2 but Deon Grant got caught looking inside when Boley was covering Witten stride for stride. This safeties have to realize that they are the last line of defense.....They should know all the in and outs of the coverage and make sure no1 gets behind them in their deep zone.. It was a cover 2 and Boley took it upon himself to lock on softens.. collinsworth even said it was cover 2... Grant has gotten old this year... If rolled Boley and grant were all dropping deep .. grant would've had that side of the field covered where they completee the pass

BlueSanta
12-12-2011, 03:46 AM

I just dont agree with the original poster saying that Fewell decision to go with a traditional cover 2 was a bad playcall. It was acutally a Tampa 2 but Deon Grant got caught looking inside when Boley was covering Witten stride for stride. This safeties have to realize that they are the last line of defense.....They should know all the in and outs of the coverage and make sure no1 gets behind them in their deep zone.

That play was on Grant for sure. Boley was deep mid, and Prince clearly slowed as if to pass the Wr off but Grant was too slow to get to the sideline.

Here is a brief article explaining The Tampa 2 (http://www.fieldgulls.com/2011/6/7/2207361/the-replay-booth-how-to-exploit-the-tampa-2). its does an ok job explaining the very basic idea. Keep in mind there are a lot of variations but the 1 thing that remains constant is the deep mid LB drop.

T-Murda84
12-12-2011, 03:46 AM
I really think the safety play is just downright awful. Sheridan even had bad safety play but it was because CC Brown just wasnt athletic enough and Michael Johnson didnt have any heart. There is something seriously wrong here...we are giving up too many TDs on busted coverages....and these corners are not goood enough to play man coverage.

BlueSanta
12-12-2011, 03:54 AM
It was a cover 2 and Boley took it upon himself to lock on softens.. collinsworth even said it was cover 2... Grant has gotten old this year... If rolled Boley and grant were all dropping deep .. grant would've had that side of the field covered where they completee the pass

Again, no. It was clearly a Tampa 2.

Please reference the chart in the middle of this page (http://www.fieldgulls.com/2011/6/7/2207361/the-replay-booth-how-to-exploit-the-tampa-2). That is the coverage we were in. As you can see, the Yellow zones represent the weak spots in the Tampa 2. The deep sideline being the 1 that was exploited at the end of the 1st half.

On the replay Boley is clearly deep middle, and Grant is working towards the sideline but just doesnt get there in time. Prince also clearly passes off the wr to the deep 3rd as he is supposed to do.

The fact is , we had NO business being in this defense in that situation. Any defense that has a weakness of deep sideline is not 1 you should be in with under a minute to go in the game and your opponent has a long way to go and no timeouts.

shotcalla39
12-12-2011, 03:57 AM
It was a cover 2 and Boley took it upon himself to lock on softens.. collinsworth even said it was cover 2... Grant has gotten old this year... If rolled Boley and grant were all dropping deep .. grant would've had that side of the field covered where they completee the pass

Again, no. It was clearly a Tampa 2.

Please reference the chart in the middle of this page (http://www.fieldgulls.com/2011/6/7/2207361/the-replay-booth-how-to-exploit-the-tampa-2). That is the coverage we were in. As you can see, the Yellow zones represent the weak spots* in the Tampa 2. The deep sideline being the 1 that was exploited at the end of the 1st half.

On the replay Boley is clearly deep middle, and Grant is working towards the sideline but just doesnt get there in time. Prince also clearly passes off the wr to the deep 3rd as he is supposed to do.

The fact is , we had NO business being in this defense in that situation. Any defense that has a weakness of deep sideline is not 1 you should be in with under a minute to go in the game and your opponent has a long way to go and no timeouts.
... If that's the case ... The .3 deep call isn't bad but bi need for the guys in the flat in that situatiin

shotcalla39
12-12-2011, 03:58 AM
Whatever the call I think we can all agree that funny boy has gotta go