PDA

View Full Version : Will the giants make the playoffs this season???

badnews13
08-05-2012, 08:30 PM
Hello all!!! This is my first post so please be gentle lol!!! The new york giants had the toughest schedule last season and once again they have the toughest schedule this season. However, I feel the giants are able to start off faster and finish the season stronger. A lot of critics believe the giants will have a worst record than last season but with improvements to coaching strategies and player personnel, the giants have indeed upgraded. Yes we all feel the loss of Brandon Jacobs, Mario Manningham and Aaron Ross, but lets face it... Are they really irreplaceable??? Bradshaw looks to be healthier and inspired by the competition. David wilson looks to be ready for the challenge and fast on his feet. Jerrel Jernigan seems to be making a "Victor Cruz" like presence, in his second year. Our secondary has depth and seems to be focused on the task at hand. Our offense doesn't look like they lost a step and they can only improve their running game. Lets not forget we stil got Eli "Easy E" Manning. The defensive line seem to be re-energized with Osi, Jpp and Tuck. I expect to see a lot of opposing quarter backs on their back this season. With that in mind... Do the giants make the play-offs and prove that last season, six game run, wasn't a fluke??? Your thoughts are appreciated!!!

krygny
08-05-2012, 08:57 PM
Yes. Giants win the NFC East @ 11-5. Eagles and Cowboys fail to live up to their usual hype and disappoint again. The Foreskins are ... well, they're still the Foreskins, as usual.

Carter.525
08-05-2012, 09:14 PM
yes

Packers
Giants
49ers
Saints

Panthers
Bears

brad
08-05-2012, 09:34 PM
I think last year proved that this team, and coaching staff, can overcome a lot of obstacles and injuries. I think only a fool would count them out at this point. That being said, they have a tough schedule and the division has only gotten tougher... but I believe the Giants have gotten better as well, especially on defense. I know one thing for sure... I am ready for the season to start!

Giantslb66
08-05-2012, 09:40 PM
We will make ANOTHER serious run at the Super Bowl.

EJ Blue
08-05-2012, 09:41 PM
http://i.imgur.com/0K3vv.gif

Diamondring
08-06-2012, 07:11 AM
Yes they will but this time they will look good doing it. I will also say the Giants will repeat for the first time in their history of the Superbowl Era.

JimC
08-06-2012, 08:18 AM
I'm thinking they will have to go 10-6 and win the division to make the playoffs. I believe there will be no wild card out of the NFC East because it will be a war within the division because the teams are evenly matched. Who knows we may win it again at 9-7. GO GIANTS!!!!!!!

GameTime
08-06-2012, 08:25 AM
the Giants dont need to make the playoffs to prove anything about last years results IMO.
With that said I think they do make the playoffs this season.

Buddy333
08-06-2012, 08:39 AM
On paper I think hey are just as talented as any other team. Can they? Of course. Will they? Who knows? Will they stay healthy? Will they stay focused? I'd like to think they know that the media and many football fans think they are a joke and that they where lucky. I hope they realize that many don't really think Eli is a good QB. Most of these so called experts think he is the 3rd best QB in the division. Even guys he used to play with don't think he is as good as other QB's that haven't won a thing. I hope they take that into this season make them all eat their words and prove them all wrong.

Juanito
08-06-2012, 10:53 AM
Schedule is tough, but the team is talented. No reason why not.

jomo
08-06-2012, 10:57 AM
Yes...........................................

jimsgints
08-06-2012, 12:01 PM
If the OL can hold out then yes the Giants will make the playoffs.

Toadofsteel
08-06-2012, 12:04 PM
Let the "experts" keep talking... at the very least we don't have to deal with bandwagon fans. We'll win the division again... cowboys might be able to take a WC spot.

Joe Morrison
08-06-2012, 12:36 PM
This will be the first back to back in quite awhile, looking forward to dominant Giant Run this year.

giantsfan420
08-06-2012, 12:51 PM
I think so. I expect a season like in 08, where the confience gained from the SB win gave the players the knowledge needed to know how to succeed at the highest elvels. i actually believe we can be a 12 win team...we have a real shot at something special

BigBlue1971
08-06-2012, 02:11 PM
i think a lot of these pundits put too much stock in the Giants regular season record last year!

personally i think they are the team to beat in the league.

for one thing i believe the defense will be a lot better than some are predicting. our front 7 is as good as any imo!

if the offense is as explosive as advertised no doubt they make the playoffs.

gumby74
08-06-2012, 02:13 PM
I will remain pessimistic because it's been working wonders so far ...so, nope. We won't.

miked1958
08-06-2012, 02:16 PM
Yes...........................................I agree with him!!!:cool:

B-Red22
08-06-2012, 02:40 PM
yes .

Diamondring
08-06-2012, 03:06 PM
the Giants dont need to make the playoffs to prove anything about last years results IMO.
With that said I think they do make the playoffs this season.I'm going to disagree even though you are right cause it should be used as motivation. Giants want to prove that last year was no fluke.

NYG_fan_4x
08-06-2012, 03:08 PM
Ha my exact reaction.

primetime
08-06-2012, 03:11 PM
I think the Giants will make the playoffs. I know the chips are stacked against us with the brutal schedule. And being the defending champs every team will be at there best when they play the Giants. But as long as Tom Coughlin and Eli Manning are leading the troops, I expect nothing less than a playoff berth for the boys in Blue.

GameTime
08-06-2012, 03:20 PM
I'm going to disagree even though you are right cause it should be used as motivation. Giants want to prove that last year was no fluke.
thats the point though...
A team doesn't go 9-7 in a season ans then rip through the playoffs and win an SB as a fluke?? They want to use it that BS as motivation then fine...whatever it takes. But IMO the only thing they have to prove is that they can win two in a row which has nothing to do with last year being a fluke.

Diamondring
08-06-2012, 03:30 PM
thats the point though...
A team doesn't go 9-7 in a season ans then rip through the playoffs and win an SB as a fluke?? They want to use it that BS as motivation then fine...whatever it takes. But IMO the only thing they have to prove is that they can win two in a row which has nothing to do with last year being a fluke.Boy I hope they can do it. Win two in a row. You are also right in what you have said.

njg85m
08-06-2012, 03:57 PM
Our schedule this year is pretty ridiculous...again. Just saying, we definitely SHOULD make the playoffs, but they can be a lot more difficult to miss than a lot of you are leading on.

Captain Chaos
08-06-2012, 08:42 PM
Health will be the issue here. The D will be a strength this year and if the O Line manages to put something together we will be a Load for any team. That said I think we improved just like the Eagles and the Cowboys so we should make it again this year. 10-6 will be what I would bet (last year I guessed 9-7 and wouldn't have been surprised at 8-8) wouldn't be surprised to see 9-7 with the schedule we have; however, that may be good enough.

ashleymarie
08-07-2012, 02:44 AM
I agree with him!!!:cool:

I agree with you. And him.

Rod-Diggity
08-07-2012, 10:00 AM
we should defintely make the playoffs im really hoping for a dominant 13-3 or 12-4 season to really put a stamp on things for all those doubters out there especially with our schedule but realistically im thinking 11-5 or 10-6....for some reason im really excited about facing the steelers and ravens this season those games will prolly be epic

gmen0820
08-07-2012, 10:32 AM
If we don't, I'd love to know what the hell went wrong.