PDA

View Full Version : Who Plays Friday?

TheShouldersOf
08-05-2012, 11:49 PM
Salutations,

With Friday fast approaching, who do you predict will play in said Game?

will they rotate more? will their number ones play a big amount of time?

whilst i may be biased towards Wilson and Randle, i do look forward to watching them play, if they do get some time in, likewise looking forward to the defense, who if healthy, should dominate

Carter.525
08-05-2012, 11:56 PM
my eyes will be glued to Wilson, Randle, Austin & Herz..

GiantFanatic55
08-06-2012, 12:05 AM
my eyes will be glued to Wilson, Randle, Austin & Herz..

also hill and hosley

Carter.525
08-06-2012, 12:42 AM
and Prince

greenca190
08-06-2012, 12:45 AM
ryan perriloux

Martyr
08-06-2012, 12:48 AM
I want to see the oline and run game

G-Men Surg.
08-06-2012, 02:36 AM
Excited to see Hixon back in action ! Stay healthy !

nycsportzfan
08-06-2012, 08:54 AM
Guys i have high hopes for and are looking forward to seeing this wk and beyond are Mark Herzlich, Adrian Tracy, Mitch Petrus, Julian Talley, Janzen Jackson, Bear Pascoe, and James Brewer just off the top of my head...

Tracy is gonna make this team, mark my words...

Fuhgeddaboutit
08-06-2012, 09:20 AM
My eyes are going to be mostly on Wilson and Jernigan if he plays.

I fear for the running situation and I'd like to see what Wilson can do it. Also, with Jernigan, I'd like to see what he can do and if he can handle the #3 slot

bigjeep
08-06-2012, 10:25 AM
These games are hard to watch. By the third quarter its time to move on before I fall asleep! Tough to see anything from the rookies.

Fuhgeddaboutit
08-06-2012, 10:31 AM
These games are hard to watch. By the third quarter its time to move on before I fall asleep! Tough to see anything from the rookies.

Disagree. I love watching preseason games. Football is back, and I love seeing some action

TheAnalyst
08-06-2012, 01:18 PM
I will be there and bring a roster sheet to know who I am looking at. Cant wait. I actually like when the 1st string si off the field for 2 reasons. 1st, it gives us a look at the young backups, and 2nd, it means the 1st string players can no longer get hurt by a freak accident.

jomo
08-06-2012, 01:26 PM
Disagree. I love watching preseason games. Football is back, and I love seeing some action+1 especially with so many interesting young players like Herz, jj,Brewer, Petrus etc.

bigjeep
08-06-2012, 01:59 PM
Disagree. I love watching preseason games. Football is back, and I love seeing some action

I will get the "Who will crack first thread" ready, just in case! LOL!

miked1958
08-06-2012, 02:11 PM
Salutations,

With Friday fast approaching, who do you predict will play in said Game?

will they rotate more? will their number ones play a big amount of time?

whilst i may be biased towards Wilson and Randle, i do look forward to watching them play, if they do get some time in, likewise looking forward to the defense, who if healthy, should dominateWell the people they consider STARTERs will only play maybe one series. Eli, AB, Cruz, Tuck, Osi , JPP , CWeb and others. The second tier guys who are questionable Starters/Reserves will get a few more series's and then the rest of the game will be for all the Draft picks, undrafted FAs, Guys off Pup from last season, practice squad guys from last season and FA pickups will all get most of the snaps

RoanokeFan
08-06-2012, 02:39 PM
Well the people they consider STARTERs will only play maybe one series. Eli, AB, Cruz, Tuck, Osi , JPP , CWeb and others. The second tier guys who are questionable Starters/Reserves will get a few more series's and then the rest of the game will be for all the Draft picks, undrafted FAs, Guys off Pup from last season, practice squad guys from last season and FA pickups will all get most of the snaps

The ones won't be on the field for long, that's a given

TheShouldersOf
08-07-2012, 01:26 AM
Indeed, and it makes sense, though, lets say the third team offensive line is predominately worse, how would one judge the third team running back? or say the third team receiver, how would one accurately find if they will be cohesive with the one team one Quarterback? i'll just be happy to see Wilson and Randle play, if they don't get much time otherwise

BurnerNYG
08-07-2012, 01:38 AM
Disagree. I love watching preseason games. Football is back, and I love seeing some actionSame here, I love watching the rookies and position battles and trying to figure out who should start and what not. Eli's job is carved in stone so I don't want nobody to misinterpret what I'm about to say but I wanna see more of that kid Perriloux. That kid had a gun and if he's improved maybe we can use him as trade bait down the road. I'm anxious to see if Austin is ready to go too.

Captain Chaos
08-07-2012, 05:06 AM
Its fun to watch the preseason games becasue you get to see all of the players, you can get a sense of how guys are progressing...

GMENAGAIN
08-07-2012, 06:50 AM

I love watching the young guys play. I'll watch until the time runs out in the fourth quarter.

ebick
08-07-2012, 09:36 AM
I have a feeling we'll be seeing a WR by the name of Douglas out there......

FranklinsTower
08-07-2012, 10:04 AM
I have a feeling we'll be seeing a WR by the name of Douglas out there......BING! you hit the nail on the head.......

jpmetrick
08-07-2012, 10:21 AM
the real question is, what matchups will actually test the skills of our guys facing the jaguars? our 1st stringers are way more talented. i doubt blackmon will test our corners being in camp all of two days in pads, and if they arent careful someones gonna kill gabbert, osi tuck or jpp. mjd wont be there, so our linebackers wont be tested either. im one of those guys that likes to see how our guys fare each game, but i fear this wont be a good litmus test

Red Dog
08-07-2012, 12:02 PM
The preseason 1st game are a few FA's, walkons, 2nd string, and rookieville. The coaches have decisions to make. They already know what the veterans can do an dnot do. Boring as some of these games can be they are important to finding the next Cruz type players. I will watch

wuzpapn
08-07-2012, 12:06 PM
I usually get bored by the 2nd half of pre-season games (although my hunger for Giants games are at an all-time high), but this year with cats like DePalma, Wilson, Douglas, I'm interested to see what kind of big plays we develop.

nycsportzfan
08-07-2012, 01:39 PM
I love watching the young guys play. I'll watch until the time runs out in the fourth quarter. I'm with u man.. I follow the draft super close as u know, so seeing guys like the UDF"s and late rd picks and Rooks is something i live for.. I can't wait to see guys like Adrien Tracy, Julian Talley, Janzen Jackson, Matt McCants, Jim Cordle...etc

jomo
08-07-2012, 02:02 PM
Not tt........................