PDA

View Full Version : NFL AP Pro32 Rankings

miked1958
08-06-2012, 01:07 AM
This came out on the last day of July so I'm sure it's been posted somewhere on here. However after searching some I didn't see anything about it. Mods if there is another Thread please delete this one.Anyway they have us Ranked 3rd behind GB and the Patriots. SF right behind us in 4th spot. Based purely off regular season records from last season I can see how thy can put those two ahead of us. Hey for that matter SF should be ahead of us to. However we did get hot late and beat all those teams.. We beat the Pats in the regular season and th SB, lol. What do we have to do to be ahead of those guys? Here's the link:

http://bigstory.ap.org/NFL-Pro32

miked1958
08-06-2012, 01:11 AM
Oh we got the same amount of first place votes (5) that GB got. NE only had (2) yet wound up 7pts ahead of us overall prob cause they got more second place votes. We finished 12 total points behind GB

greenca190
08-06-2012, 01:15 AM
and this is why the NFL has playoffs, and every one has been *****ing for the same format in college instead of an AP poll...

miked1958
08-06-2012, 01:22 AM
That is true! But that was the first time I ever remember seeing the AP do a ranking like that. Maybe I just have not been paying attention in the past but I thought it was interesting, so I posted it

Toadofsteel
08-06-2012, 11:45 AM
and this is why the NFL has playoffs, and every one has been *****ing for the same format in college instead of an AP poll...

Seriously, if college football did a March Madness-style tournament for their playoffs (except obviously not March), I might actually be able to watch college football.

miked1958
08-06-2012, 03:13 PM
I guess this was discussed or there was another thread about it.. dont see much in the was of conversation about this topic. lol

jomo
08-06-2012, 05:13 PM
I guess this was discussed or there was another thread about it.. dont see much in the was of conversation about this topic. lolI think the lack of response is due to the fact that the pundits don't have any special powers or insights to assess these things. I trust the opinions of many on these boards over most in the media. Pre-season rankings a just a big snoozer for me and not worth getting all worked up over.

EliManningHBGPA
08-06-2012, 08:27 PM
I think it's fair that we sit at 3rd. Green Bay is a great team, we just happen to have their number that day (maybe a one out of 5 times thing that we won) and the Patriots improved. We for the most part we didn't do much.

Captain Chaos
08-06-2012, 09:14 PM
This was talked about in a previous thread, nothing new we're Giant's fans so we expect nothing less than total disrespect. I think this also puts the whole thing in perspective for the team, now they will have fun going out and trying to prove them wrong. It will be fun to watch.

miked1958
08-06-2012, 11:43 PM
We are at our best with something to prove. Funny how the giants win a SB and they still have something to prove. Both in 07 and 11 we heard the words.... Lucky, right place at right time, the other team choked or didn't show up, the other team beat themselves, we beat them because of the dropped passes, we beat them due to STs guy couldnt field a punt. It goes on and on. Other teams win a SB (GB,Saints, Pats, Pit to name a few) they are forever enshrined and always are high in polls and looked at as a threat to repeat.Lol