PDA

View Full Version : Terrell Thomas hopes to be back within a month ... WOW

NYG4lifeNYK
08-06-2012, 09:43 PM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/08/giants_terrell_thomas_hopes_to.html

ALBANY, N.Y. — Tom Coughlin was smiling while being asked about Terrell Thomas. That, in and of itself, was a good sign.

Not getting my hopes up but WOW... all I can say is if he's able to give us even 75% this season I'll take it.

Love T2 hope nothing but the best for him in his recovery.

We could really really use him later on in the season.

EJ Blue
08-06-2012, 09:48 PM
One thing I've learned is that a month is never a month.

Captain Chaos
08-06-2012, 09:55 PM
He'll likely go on the PUP and be and we'll see where he stands after the 6th game. I'm hoping we'll need him with the schedule we have.

GiantFanatic55
08-06-2012, 10:22 PM
He'll likely go on the PUP and be and we'll see where he stands after the 6th game. I'm hoping we'll need him with the schedule we have.

from the OP's quoted article:

"Should Thomas not suffer any setbacks, the Giants will likely enter the regular season with him working his way back into game shape and on the active roster. He cannot be placed on the physically-unable-to-perform list because he participated in practices and was not put on PUP before camp began."

ebick
08-06-2012, 10:25 PM
Not getting my hopes up but WOW

yeah....what a long way from certainly season ending, probably career ending news.......

joemorrisforprez
08-06-2012, 10:27 PM
Whatever happens, he needs to take things slow. No need rushing back from this.

Carter.525
08-06-2012, 10:28 PM
Great news.. maybe he should start off playing that 3rd saftey role..

NYG4lifeNYK
08-06-2012, 10:30 PM
yeah....what a long way from certainly season ending, probably career ending news.......

Lol, you're not kidding.....

joemorrisforprez
08-06-2012, 10:32 PM
Great news.. maybe he should start off playing that 3rd saftey role..

The Giants should operate under the assumption that he's not going to play this season. I really hope I'm wrong, but I'm more concerned about his career than anything else at this point.

Drez
08-06-2012, 10:37 PM
Holy ****! That would be fantastic.

titwio
08-06-2012, 10:55 PM
Whatever happens, he needs to take things slow. No need rushing back from this.

The thing is all the tests were precautionary. He woke up the next morning from practice and had some swelling...now he has no pain, no swelling, and no instability.

I agree they should be cautious but I don't think he should be out for too long. He's had about years time worth of recovery and rehab.

joemorrisforprez
08-06-2012, 11:08 PM
The thing is all the tests were precautionary. He woke up the next morning from practice and had some swelling...now he has no pain, no swelling, and no instability.

I agree they should be cautious but I don't think he should be out for too long. He's had about years time worth of recovery and rehab.

I think they need to make sure nothing has degraded from the operation.

PierrePaul
08-06-2012, 11:14 PM
Good news. Now we hope for the best case scenario. Listening to TC about this, it doesn't seem like anyone is "rushing" anything. Just because this is different than everyone's initial assumption that he would be out the entire year, doesn't mean they are rushing. It just means that the doctors had some "good", or at least "hopeful" news.

miked1958
08-06-2012, 11:35 PM
This is great news for us for once. We always fear the worst due to our experience from last years camp

Axels17
08-06-2012, 11:57 PM
It's too bad the players union never agreed to the non-season ending IR. The owners all agreed on it, but it was never put through completely...

BlueSanta
08-07-2012, 12:37 AM
Obviously this is good news. But don't get overexcited people. Because he can be back in a month doesnt mean he will play right away. This is a guy who hasnt worn pads or had contact in over a year. He plays a position that requires a lot of quick reaction cuts and stress on the legs.

I remember last year when people 1st heard Prince was going to be out like 6-8 weeks they already had him penciled in at starting CB for the 1st week back. Then they whined how he wasnt contributing when in fact he wasnt thrown into the fray right off the bat.

Even if T2 is back in a month, he will likely not be playing for some time after that. This guy needs to get back into playing football.

giantsfan420
08-07-2012, 12:40 AM
i think we need more info. "strained" and "aggravated"...to what extent? was anything sprained, was it that acl?

i dont know how they thought it was that bad to begin with? bc of swelling? i dunno. im gonna be cautious with getting excited. remember how ballard looked on the sideline during the SB? athletes dont want to miss time and be hurt, im hopeful, but remaining cautious...

giantsfan420
08-07-2012, 12:42 AM
i mean if he is slipping and thats causing concern, what about when he starts tackling, jumping, cutting?

Buddy333
08-07-2012, 12:42 AM
As of now I am not counting on him doing much this year. He has a 2 time torn ACL and just had to fly around the country because there may have been an issue. If he plays great. I think the only way he is out there is if the Giants medical staff says he is ok and I trust them.

BlueSanta
08-07-2012, 12:46 AM
As of now I am not counting on him doing much this year. He has a 2 time torn ACL and just had to fly around the country because there may have been an issue. If he plays great. I think the only way he is out there is if the Giants medical staff says he is ok and I trust them.

I agree. I think if he contributes it wont be for some time. I would love to be wrong and would gladly eat some crow if I am.

Buddy333
08-07-2012, 12:54 AM
Oh I will gladly eat my words if he is out here in a month playing. Right now I think there is a very good chance he doesn't get on the field for a single play this year.

GMENAGAIN
08-07-2012, 07:47 AM
I agree. I think if he contributes it wont be for some time. I would love to be wrong and would gladly eat some crow if I am.

Agreed. I hate to be a doomsayer, but it's hard for me to imagine that he will make a significant contribution this year. I hope I am wrong.

TheAnalyst
08-07-2012, 09:18 AM
IMO, he is highly risking his career if he comes back in a month. Its obvious players are getting rushed back too soon from these injuries trying to make the $$$. If I was T2, and just had my 3rd injury to the same knee I blew out twice before, Id think long and hard before strapping on my helmet again. Money isnt everything.

BigBlue1971
08-07-2012, 09:38 AM
this is great news for T2 and the Giants! once healthy i hope he can stay that way with the remainder of his career being outstanding.

good luck T2!

ebick
08-07-2012, 10:34 AM
IMO, he is highly risking his career if he comes back in a month. Its obvious players are getting rushed back too soon from these injuries trying to make the $$$. If I was T2, and just had my 3rd injury to the same knee I blew out twice before, Id think long and hard before strapping on my helmet again. Money isnt everything.

I guess my thinking is that a 3rd surgery likely meant the end of his career anyway. If there's any real question as to whether or not he needed it, well, let's just say I can see where he's coming from.

Rod-Diggity
08-07-2012, 11:11 AM
i love the optimisim from him but i dont want him to push to hard just ge back on the field and some thing bad really does happen TT2 just needs to be patient, i love the idea of having him in 2010 form with webster but i also hate the idea of him never playing again because he pushed it too hard

embeshAtYa
08-07-2012, 01:07 PM
Did T Thomas reflect the ACL Curse off us? That would be awesome. Enough of the rushing back from an injury thing. We as fans dont get the same process of healing and rehab these athletes get. Didnt Thomas slip? Its the damn curse

easterbeast
08-07-2012, 02:56 PM
One thing I've learned is that a month is never a month.

so true...im looking at the second half of the season for his full return.............assuming he said it would be a month

berya
08-07-2012, 09:01 PM
Wow a month would be fantastic. I'll believe it when I see him on the field though. Not counting on it to be honest. Really hope I'm wrong.

UmenYiourAnIdiot
08-07-2012, 10:23 PM
This is great news for us for once. We always fear the worst due to our experience from last years camp

Every years camp!

Great news, I hope he gets back on the field ready to make up for time lost with 10INTs this season!