PDA

View Full Version : Question about LineBackers

BigJ
08-07-2012, 12:26 AM
I know Boley has been out of pratice for a little while so when he was who was takin reps with the first team at weak side???? J WIll or Keith Rivers.
Also, have u guys heard much about how Rivers is doing???

Martyr
08-07-2012, 12:42 AM
I get all my practice reports news from nj.com they do a breakdown for every day the giants practice.

Drez
08-07-2012, 12:47 AM
I know Boley has been out of pratice for a little while so when he was who was takin reps with the first team at weak side???? J WIll or Keith Rivers.
Also, have u guys heard much about how Rivers is doing???
Paysinger has been taking reps with the 1's, and has been cashing in on this opportunity. Rivers is still learning, but getting better with each day.

Williams I haven't heard too much about, which may be a good thing in the "no news is good news" kind of way. I know he's missed a couple practices because he tweaked his hip a little.

Captain Chaos
08-07-2012, 06:08 AM
They say that Paysinger has gotten bigger this year and looks real good....

GMENAGAIN
08-07-2012, 07:35 AM
At the start of training camp, I thought that Jones and Paysinger would be the guys "on the bubble", but all of the practice reports seem to indicate that both are playing very well. Herzlich is also playing well. I don't know what to think now . . . .

tonyt830
08-07-2012, 07:49 AM
At the start of training camp, I thought that Jones and Paysinger would be the guys "on the bubble", but all of the practice reports seem to indicate that both are playing very well. Herzlich is also playing well. I don't know what to think now . . . .I'm with you GMENAGAIN. What used to be a position that concerned a lot of us, now seems to be stronger than it has been in some time.

I read that along with Pasinger gaining weight, Williams is now up to 240 and has not lost any speed/quickness. And I am happy from what I have read on how well Herzlich has looked in camp--I read he has gotten stronger and quicker as well. I don't know how many backers we keep on the final 53, but at this rate I think the only LB that may not make it is the rookie, Jake Muasau. But I could see the Giants putting him on the PS.

GMENAGAIN
08-07-2012, 07:54 AM
I'm with you GMENAGAIN. What used to be a position that concerned a lot of us, now seems to be stronger than it has been in some time.

I read that along with Pasinger gaining weight, Williams is now up to 240 and has not lost any speed/quickness. And I am happy from what I have read on how well Herzlich has looked in camp--I read he has gotten stronger and quicker as well. I don't know how many backers we keep on the final 53, but at this rate I think the only LB that may not make it is the rookie, Jake Muasau. But I could see the Giants putting him on the PS.

I think you're right. It's hard to see Muasau making the team, especially because he is injured and hasn't been able to get on the field.

tonyt830
08-07-2012, 08:01 AM
I think you're right. It's hard to see Muasau making the team, especially because he is injured and hasn't been able to get on the field.Oh and forgot about Adrian Tracy, he's listed as a LB, but I think he may play more DE if he makes the final 53.

Rod-Diggity
08-07-2012, 10:33 AM
i dont think they know exactly what they want to do with rivers at the moment. some say they might use him as a mlb down the road or olb doesnt seem like a decisions been made on him yet they are also prolly cautious with him as well because he's injury prone i know we dont want another lavarr arrington situation boy was that brutal

BigJ
08-07-2012, 01:23 PM
Thanks guys, yea I been readin up a lot I just havnt heard much about weak side. I figured Williams would be there because he played a lot last year. Or Rivers because of experience but that's still really good to hear that Paysinger is there. That's a lot of compition at LB for the first time in a while, we need that. And also I like that they have been puttin Jones at Strong side and I said it beforebut ill say it again. Hertz is going tobe our starting MLB. Its good to finally have a talented group of guys

jomo
08-07-2012, 03:11 PM
Taking a step back from the question but remaining on the topic of linebackers, we are seeing the next level development of all our young linebackers coupled with the addition of Rivers. I have been critical of our LB group for years but this is the deepest, most talented group we've had in a long time. There is still considerable upside as well.

GMENAGAIN
08-07-2012, 03:33 PM
The real question is how many LB's do we keep and who goes?

Last year, I think 7 LB's made the 53 man roster out of training camp. This year, we have eight solid LB's - Kiwi, Boley, Blackburn, Herzlich, Paysinger, Rivers, Jones and J Will. (I think that if Tracey makes the team, it will be as a DE; Mausau is probably a PS guy; and no way I send one of these guys home over Sintim).

Do we keep 8 or do we send someone home?

jpmetrick
08-07-2012, 03:42 PM
all i can say for sure is that barring injuries, i see herzlich, paysinger and williams as the future of our linebacking corps, and it may not be a bad thing if they play behind boley blackburn and rivers for another season. and i think jones makes it too. they are training him to be an all around backup with work at olb and mlb in case of injuries. i think our second weakest unit from last year on paper turned into our strongest unit this year on paper

TroyArcher
08-07-2012, 04:57 PM
D-line better be really good.

Kase-1
08-07-2012, 06:58 PM
I dont get the hype about Paysinger, he rarely sees the field and they never say much about him in camp reports

Herzlich on the other hand is one of our LBs of the future.

Hell even Kiwi has been stepping it up at LB this year in camp

Rivers is our wild card, just a few years ago he was a top 10 pick and hes playing with a huge chip on his shoulder

dave56dj
08-07-2012, 09:45 PM
Paysinger earned a lot of praise in preseason last year (working with 1's) and was a member of ST's. He has had a nice camp thus far as well and does get sprinkled into Garfaolo/ VC/ Traina's reports with praise.

Herz will be our MLB soon. Dottino was saying by week 5 or 6. I think it may happen sooner - but what do i know.

J Will has been held out of a lot of camp due to a hip injury but was working at grants old spot and as the nicklebacker. Our best option in covering slot te's and backs, but I wonder if Will hill will get a chance here too.

G Jones had a chance to make an impact as a rookie MLB due to injury but was not ready for the jump. However this year he has earned a ton of praise as an outside backer and has played his way into a versatile 2.

Be interesting to see what Rivers brings to the team.

No chance for Sintim and while Mausau looks like he has potential an injury has been his demise - PS guy.

Carter.525
08-07-2012, 11:13 PM
I hope Herz keeps it up and becomes the starter... and for a long time.

Boley - Herz - Kiwi

08-07-2012, 11:49 PM
the depth chart has been released ...and it shows 10 LBs I don't see how Sintim can stick or Masau or could Blackburn possibly be released again?

fourth&forever
08-08-2012, 12:44 AM
No, Blackburn is not being cut this year.

Watching camp yesterday, Chase & Herz split time with the ones. Jones looked good stuffing some running plays (smothered Wilson twice I think). Paysigner was getting reps. As dave56dj mentioned, Pay looked real good last preseason.

Sintim was on the side working with a trainer on leg & knee strength. He doesn't look ready at all. Not that he would make it anyway. JWill was not to be seen. Mausau on the side just watching.

As a sidenote, Prince didn't practice monday. Peculiar but Prince had on JPP's jersey for a little while. Maybe Jason had to run to the terlet and made him wear it? looked funny though.

BigJ
08-08-2012, 11:47 PM
As for Sintim i liked him when we got him because we havnt drafted a line backer high in a while but the problem is he cant stay healthy and he cant play LB in a 43 system he just didnt fit. we drafted a 34 outside backer and we run a 43, the only impact he ever made was when he got a sack on Romo when he was at DEnd. So if he was healthy this year after loosing Tollifson i would say do what we did with Adrian Tracey and Have Sintim become a DEnd he could help us ther more then he ever could at LB. Plus he wont make the team with the LBs we got now

fansince69
08-09-2012, 08:05 AM
I dont get the hype about Paysinger, he rarely sees the field and they never say much about him in camp reports

Herzlich on the other hand is one of our LBs of the future.

Hell even Kiwi has been stepping it up at LB this year in camp

Rivers is our wild card, just a few years ago he was a top 10 pick and hes playing with a huge chip on his shoulder

Are you implying Kiwi has not played well in the past?.....you do realize he was one of the best in the league against the run last year?He is a pretty good pass rusher too.....why would you suggest he is just starting to play well?

Paysinger played a lot on special teams last year......how do you figure he never saw the field?