PDA

View Full Version : Francessa Live from Giants Camp

nhpgiantsfan
08-07-2012, 01:13 PM
For anyone interested Mike will be broadcasting live from Giants camp today. It is usually a good show, with a lot of players being interviewed.

eliland
08-07-2012, 01:46 PM
Will Fat cesca actually let the players answer questions, or will he interrupt to tell us all about what HE thinks?

Will he shoehorn in some comment about one of his own knee surgeries? He acts like he has had knee trouble because of some athletic damage instead of because he is morbidly obese/

GameTime
08-07-2012, 01:48 PM
hopefully he will have some good Giants news. SOOOO sick of all the Jets BS on the radio....its actually becoming nausiating...

EJ Blue
08-07-2012, 01:52 PM
I just remember not even a full year ago, I heard him going on about how the Jets will compete deep in the playoffs, and the Giants are unfortunate to be a rebuilding team and are an afterthought. I giggle to myself on the inside.

jomo
08-07-2012, 02:01 PM
........"enough of me talking about me, why don't you talk about me"...............that is pretty much how every interview goes with Mikey.

nhpgiantsfan
08-07-2012, 02:45 PM
Dotino is on now with a lot of good info.

1. Predicts Blackburn loses starting job to Herzlich by week 5 or 6.

2. Canty may start on PUP.

3. Thinks Ramses Barden's time has run out. Not playing specials kills him.

4. Randle is having the best camp of all the rookies. Between him and Hixon for the #3.

5. Also Jernigan having a great camp. Looked lost last year but great this year.

6. Pascoe has been running with the 1st team. Bennett is kind of "flakey".

7. He didn't sound that enthused about Wilson. "Very quick but still many questions."

8. DJ Ware remains on team by default. They dont trust anybody else to take his place.

9. Austin got Ripped at mini camp for being overweight and came into camp down 25lbs and really determined. Canty taking him under his wing.

Eli TO Shockey
08-07-2012, 02:53 PM

4. Randle is having the best camp of all the rookies. Between him and Hixon for the #3.

5. Also Jernigan having a great camp. Looked lost last year but great this year.

7. He didn't sound that enthused about Wilson. "Very quick but still many questions."

8. DJ Ware remains on team by default. They dont trust anybody else to take his place.

9. Austin got Ripped at mini camp for being overweight and came into camp down 25lbs and really determined. Canty taking him under his wing.

exacly like I heard it. good work!

jomo
08-07-2012, 02:54 PM

9. Austin got Ripped at mini camp for being overweight and came into camp down 25lbs and really determined. Canty taking him under his wing.Nice confirmation of what we have been hearing. The only one I haven't heard so far was Randle having the best camp of all the rookies. That is exciting.

Cool Papa B.
08-07-2012, 03:11 PM
Dottino also mentioned how deep the CB position is. He said every single CB in camp can start for any team in the NFL....That's really saying a lot considering how thin we were at that pos. last year.

Giantsin04
08-07-2012, 03:14 PM
Reese: Fells Rueben Randall is pro ready!!

GameTime
08-07-2012, 03:16 PM
cool....nice to hear....

EJ Blue
08-07-2012, 03:53 PM
mike likes talking over people...

TroyArcher
08-07-2012, 03:55 PM
The guy is never wrong, at least that is what he says. Not sure how he has stuck around so long. I don't jknow anyone who likes him.

JB456
08-07-2012, 04:14 PM
Nice confirmation of what we have been hearing. The only one I haven't heard so far was Randle having the best camp of all the rookies. That is exciting.

I understand that there are things to get excited about on that list but the running game is one of the things that concern me the most. Hopefully Wilson can quickly learn his blocking assignments and turn into a weapon to alleviate some of the pressure on Manning and Bradshaw.

nygpolishpunk
08-07-2012, 04:53 PM
I have high hopes for Wilson, I can't wait to see what he can do on Friday

Captain Chaos
08-07-2012, 05:43 PM

Nothing about the O Line? That is the biggest question mark.

jomo
08-07-2012, 05:48 PM
I understand that there are things to get excited about on that list but the running game is one of the things that concern me the most. Hopefully Wilson can quickly learn his blocking assignments and turn into a weapon to alleviate some of the pressure on Manning and Bradshaw.Totally agree. Ware is a place holder at best. If Wilson doesn't show he's ready to play at this level, we are going to be looking at Scott for a spark off the bench.........and he hasn't shown he's ready for prime time. Let's give it some time to develop. At least we haven't had injuries at RB in camp.

nhpgiantsfan
08-07-2012, 05:55 PM

Nothing on the O-line with Dotino. Reese was on a little bit later and spoke a little about the O-Line, but it is different when you are hearing the GM talk as opposed to a reporter. Obviously the GM had nothing negative to say about anybody on the team. The commen line seemed to be "we believe he can be a good player for us" or "we are really excited about his potential", regardless of who he was talking about. But you really can't expect him to say anything negative about the players.

jomo
08-07-2012, 06:00 PM
Nothing on the O-line with Dotino. Reese was on a little bit later and spoke a little about the O-Line, but it is different when you are hearing the GM talk as opposed to a reporter. Obviously the GM had nothing negative to say about anybody on the team. The commen line seemed to be "we believe he can be a good player for us" or "we are really excited about his potential", regardless of who he was talking about. But you really can't expect him to say anything negative about the players.You'll never get anything useful from a good GM unless it is disinformation leading into the draft. George Young was the master of saying nothing during an interview. That is his job and I kinda grew fond of it.

RoanokeFan
08-07-2012, 06:11 PM
He referred to Jernigan having a good camp. There is an article in the news thread that includes a blurb about Jernigan taking a return "to the house", commenting no one in the NFL would have caught him.

PRGiant
08-07-2012, 06:34 PM
Dottino also mentioned how deep the CB position is. He said every single CB in camp can start for any team in the NFL....That's really saying a lot considering how thin we were at that pos. last year.

Well, we where thin because of injuries, most of the CBs in camp I believe are better than Ross, so here's hoping they stop getting hurt.

gmen46
08-07-2012, 06:39 PM
The guy is never wrong, at least that is what he says. Not sure how he has stuck around so long. I don't jknow anyone who likes him.

I'm out of his broadcast market now, so haven't listened to him for at least 7 years. But I liked him when the show included Chris Russo. They played off each other very well, in my opinion; I found them to be entertaining and at times even informative. Especially compared to most other sports talk show I'VE listened to over the years.

I miss their shouting matches, which were hilarious to me.

jints10
08-07-2012, 07:35 PM
All the interviews were pretty fluff.....I hate Fatsaysso

Cool Papa B.
08-07-2012, 07:43 PM

Actually they went into detail about the OLine. They both agreed that Beatty needs to step up and play well and stay healthy. Dotting feels that this is a make-or-break year for him. They said if Beatty gets hurt Deihl would probably move to LT :( and Locklear would be at RT.

Dotting also feels Brewer isn't progressing that well.

ShakeandBake
08-07-2012, 08:01 PM
Actually they went into detail about the OLine. They both agreed that Beatty needs to step up and play well and stay healthy. Dotting feels that this is a make-or-break year for him. They said if Beatty gets hurt Deihl would probably move to LT :( and Locklear would be at RT.

Oh my god lets hope that Beatty doesn't get injured again

G-Men Surg.
08-08-2012, 12:23 PM

Thanks bro, can't argue with those remarks .

Giantsin04
08-08-2012, 12:49 PM

I heard them go into detail as well. Dottino's main knock on Beatty was that he is all finess and no lunch pail / hard nose / nasty. I know he is just a reporter but I always get the feeling that his opinions are based directly on what insiders (coaches) are talking to him about.

Also, regarding an injury. If Deihl does have to move away from RT, you will see McKenzie signed very quickly for insurance purposes.

GameTime
08-08-2012, 01:07 PM
Beatty will be on the side line or IR by week 5. How do have a LT with a chronic sciatic issue?? He either has a degenertaive, herniated, or blown disc. With the kind of pressure that is put on the spine at his position. No way he can hack it. Just my unprofessional 2 cents

ShakeandBake
08-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Beatty will be on the side line or IR by week 5. How do have a LT with a chronic sciatic issue?? He either has a degenertaive, herniated, or blown disc. With the kind of pressure that is put on the spine at his position. No way he can hack it. Just my unprofessional 2 cents[/QUOTE]

I thought he overcame his back issues, last year he was out because of a fluke detached retina. Is he having back issues in camp?

GameTime
08-08-2012, 02:05 PM
Beatty will be on the side line or IR by week 5. How do have a LT with a chronic sciatic issue?? He either has a degenertaive, herniated, or blown disc. With the kind of pressure that is put on the spine at his position. No way he can hack it. Just my unprofessional 2 cents

I thought he overcame his back issues, last year he was out because of a fluke detached retina. Is he having back issues in camp?[/QUOTE]
Yes you are correct wit the eye injury. But prior to that he had back issues. He sat out a few practices already because of his back. I am not jumping to any big conclusions but they did mention his sciatic on the sports news. Cant imagine an LT with chronic sciatic issues. I only say chronic because it has come up before and now already only a couple weeks in trining camp. I wish him well and hope he stays healthy.

giantcarll
08-08-2012, 02:58 PM
Didnt we thru the years have LT's with bak problems.to name a few Jumbo Elliott,L.Pettigue,the guy we we got from Falcons cant remeber name .Can you guys name some others.Seems as tho we had our share.

primetime
08-08-2012, 03:06 PM
Didnt we thru the years have LT's with bak problems.to name a few Jumbo Elliott,L.Pettigue,the guy we we got from Falcons cant remeber name .Can you guys name some others.Seems as tho we had our share.

You're thinking of Bob Whitfield.

http://i48.tinypic.com/25gxa9u.jpg

Cool Papa B.
08-08-2012, 03:44 PM
I heard them go into detail as well. Dottino's main knock on Beatty was that he is all finess and no lunch pail / hard nose / nasty. I know he is just a reporter but I always get the feeling that his opinions are based directly on what insiders (coaches) are talking to him about.

Also, regarding an injury. If Deihl does have to move away from RT, you will see McKenzie signed very quickly for insurance purposes.

I doubt they sign McKenzie. Especially after the terrible year he had last year.

I just think should put Locklear at LT if Beatty gets hurt. He has played there before and performed well at that spot.