PDA

View Full Version : New franchise record for Eli

NyGiants062586
12-12-2011, 01:31 AM
I'm not sure if this has already been posted, but with the 400 yds tonight, Eli's up to 4,105 for the year and finally broke Kerry Collins record of 4,073. Congrats all around for Eli on a stellar season and a clutch performance tonight!

SweetZombieJesus
12-12-2011, 01:33 AM
Also got his name on a list with his brother and Johnny Unitas, 14 4th quarter TDs thrown in a season (although Johnny U did it in 12 games).

FUUFNF
12-12-2011, 01:36 AM
He also set a franchise record for single-season 4th quarter comegbacks, at 6.

FUUFNF
12-12-2011, 01:38 AM
Also got his name on a list with his brother and Johnny Unitas, 14 4th quarter TDs thrown in a season (although Johnny U did it in 12 games).

With 3 games in hand, Eli should own the record by season's end.

JMFP2
12-12-2011, 01:42 AM
He also set a franchise record for single-season 4th quarter comegbacks, at 6.</P>

I think he had 4 comebacks in this game alone.</P>

Honestly, that was just sick stuff today....right there with the best I've seen from ANY QB this season, Rodgers included.</P>

You just have to wonder where this team would be with even an average defense.</P>

FUUFNF
12-12-2011, 01:46 AM
He also set a franchise record for single-season 4th quarter comegbacks, at 6.</P>

Honestly, that was just sick stuff today....right there with the best I've seen from ANY QB this season, Rodgers included.</P>

You just have to wonder where this team would be with even an average defense.</P>

I was debating a Bronco friend of mine about who's more clutch in the 4th quarter, Eli or Tebow (I know, don't laugh)... Anyway, the final point was "the Giants would probably be undefeated right now if we had Denver's defense"... LOL

FUUFNF
12-12-2011, 01:46 AM
DP

BigBlueFanNJ
12-12-2011, 04:20 AM

+1

It's a shame a career season by Eli is being wasted with this atrocious defense!!

BigBlueFanNJ
12-12-2011, 04:20 AM

+1

It's a shame a career season by Eli is being wasted with this atrocious defense!!

sc_markt
12-12-2011, 08:54 AM
I'm not sure if this has already been posted, but with the 400 yds tonight, Eli's up to 4,105 for the year and finally broke Kerry Collins record of 4,073. Congrats all around for Eli on a stellar season and a clutch performance tonight!

And he's got 3 more games to go to add to this (and to break the 4th quarter touchdown record).

Drez
12-12-2011, 09:09 AM
</P>

Not too shabby for Eli, then. He got to 12 (or was it 13) in 12 games. Granted, not quite at Unitas' number, but pretty damn close.</P>

With the way our season has gone, Eli will probably have 18 or so by the time this thing is over, lol.</P>

nygfanmaybe
12-12-2011, 09:22 AM
I am just thinking out-loud here, but I'm wondering about the significance of that 4th qtr. TD record. Let's take Brees, as an example. He has been with a winning team for quite a while now. If my memory serves me right, Johnny U played for a lot of winning teams.</P>

Here is the point. I think it is entirely possible that one of the reasons that Eli has so many 4th qtr. TD's is because he always needs them. How many times do you think the Saints have it on cruise control by the time the 4th qtr. comes around and you are seeing a heavy dose of fresh legged RB's by the name of Thomas, Sproles, Ingram, and Ivory to drain some time off the clock.</P>

How often do you see the Giants in the 4th quarter trying to kill the clock?</P>

I am not trying to diminish Eli's accomplishment but rather am a little tired of being on pins and needles in the 4th quarter each and every Giants game. Not really...I guess I really love it. </P>

Drez
12-12-2011, 09:24 AM
I am just thinking out-loud here, but I'm wondering about the significance of that 4th qtr. TD record. Let's take Brees, as an example. He has been with a winning team for quite a while now. If my memory serves me right, Johnny U played for a lot of winning teams.</P>

Here is the point. I think it is entirely possible that one of the reasons that Eli has so many 4th qtr. TD's is because he always needs them. How many times do you think the Saints have it on cruise control by the time the 4th qtr. comes around and you are seeing a heavy dose of fresh legged RB's by the name of Thomas, Sproles, Ingram, and Ivory to drain some time off the clock.</P>

How often do you see the Giants in the 4th quarter trying to kill the clock?</P>

I am not trying to diminish Eli's accomplishment but rather am a little tired of being on pins and needles in the 4th quarter each and every Giants game. Not really...I guess I really love it. </P>

</P>

Way to piss on the parade, man. lol.</P>

But, it would be nice to win a game 24-10, lol.</P>

NY_Eli
12-12-2011, 09:25 AM
Congrats Eli!