PDA

View Full Version : Will Hill vs TE's????!!!!

redbeardxxv
08-07-2012, 04:57 PM
So, reading the Blue Screen today and Vachiano says Will Hill is all over the TE's... I wonder, does this bode well for him or is it an indictment of our TE's????

--Rookie S Will Hill is getting a lot of reps with the first team these days, playing the old Deon Grant/third safety role. He’s also playing it well, showing that he’s very physical (for a non-tackling practice). He’s also been particularly good covering tight ends, who can’t seem to shake him, especially on underneath routes. http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2012/08/scuffles-what-scuffles-few-with-quiet-giants

Cool Papa B.
08-07-2012, 05:05 PM
I think it speaks more highly of Will Hill IMO. Shows his versatility and athleticism.

Remember TE's aren't as fast as WR's so with someone as fast as Hill, it's no surprise that he can stay with them. Also it was a non-tackling practice so we don't know if he would be able to take the physicality that most TE's will give.

titwio
08-07-2012, 05:07 PM
He's been playing well all camp...It probably bode's well for him. I'm pretty sure he's the reason the Giants haven't called Deon Grant.

I'm glad he's playing well and like the idea of having some fresh blood back there. Good size, athleticism and appears to have a good attitude too. Hope he keeps it up.

JesseJames
08-07-2012, 05:10 PM
wouldn't it be nice if Will Hill turns out to be someone who can finally cover TEs for us, aren't we all getting tired of the NYG sending other teams TEs to the pro bowl...

DownWitJPP
08-07-2012, 05:17 PM
wouldn't it be nice if Will Hill turns out to be someone who can finally cover TEs for us, aren't we all getting tired of the NYG sending other teams TEs to the pro bowl...

Boley covers TE's pretty good and so does Jacquain Williams. Would be awesome if Hill lives up to his potential, he was the #2 college recruit in the country coming out of St Peters HS. I think he learned from his past mistakes, and will be solid for this team

TheAnalyst
08-07-2012, 05:20 PM
The Will Hill hype continues. I'll reserve my judgement until I see him live. Training camp star so far.

DownWitJPP
08-07-2012, 05:22 PM
The Will Hill hype continues. I'll reserve my judgement until I see him live. Training camp star so far.

not hype from us, its from the coaches so...

Captain Chaos
08-07-2012, 05:30 PM
They say he is very athletic so he may be hanging pretty well with the TEs. That said I'm sure we'll see him Friday and we can start to get a better feel for what he's about. So far the coaches are happy with him.

jomo
08-07-2012, 05:51 PM
So, reading the Blue Screen today and Vachiano says Will Hill is all over the TE's... I wonder, does this bode well for him or is it an indictment of our TE's????

--Rookie S Will Hill is getting a lot of reps with the first team these days, playing the old Deon Grant/third safety role. Hes also playing it well, showing that hes very physical (for a non-tackling practice). Hes also been particularly good covering tight ends, who cant seem to shake him, especially on underneath routes. http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2012/08/scuffles-what-scuffles-few-with-quiet-giants

I wouldn't overthink this. It bodes well for us. Pascoe and Bennett are experienced route runners if not great TE's. If he is overwhelming them, that is a good sign for the defense.

Rod-Diggity
08-07-2012, 06:07 PM
maybe they should try him covering the slot as well so rolle could go back to being FS. i really want rolle ball hawking like he was in az basically what he came here to do

Carter.525
08-07-2012, 06:38 PM
I would be great if Hill can play nickel or that 3rd saftey role..

dave56dj
08-07-2012, 08:33 PM
He will not be in nickel - third safety is a possibility. Guys vying for nickel are hosley/ tryon/ rolle.

joemorrisforprez
08-07-2012, 08:36 PM
Sounds like this Will Hill guy is trying to make the most of his opportunity.

Buddy333
08-07-2012, 09:51 PM
Will Hill has elite athleticism. He just needed to use it to it's full potential.

Carter.525
08-07-2012, 11:48 PM
He will not be in nickel - third safety is a possibility. Guys vying for nickel are hosley/ tryon/ rolle.

Yea.. I just really want Rolle to stay at saftey, thats where hes best..

egyptian420
08-08-2012, 12:00 AM
maybe they should try him covering the slot as well so rolle could go back to being FS. i really want rolle ball hawking like he was in az basically what he came here to do
lol so does he....big time

giantsfan420
08-08-2012, 12:04 AM
yeah me too. i dont think rolle will be nickel back i think he's only doing it in camp bc he has the experience...we have corners on the team who can step up...let rolle go back and try to be a ball hawking play maker bc he can

RagTime Blue
08-08-2012, 12:51 AM
Perhaps Hill's play will make the coaches realize it's safer to put Rolle at Nickel than it is to put someone else there.

That is, Hill is better than our 3rd corner on the field and less of a liability at this point.

Jahh
08-08-2012, 08:38 AM
Perhaps Hill's play will make the coaches realize it's safer to put Rolle at Nickel than it is to put someone else there.

That is, Hill is better than our 3rd corner on the field and less of a liability at this point.

I think there will be a 3 safety package but Hosley will be the third corner in nickel.