PDA

View Full Version : Greenbay vs. G-men

Rod-Diggity
08-07-2012, 06:22 PM
do you guys think this gonna be a rivarly sorta like the colts had with pats all those years with peyton. i mean this will be like our 3rd straight year playing them and especially how we smashed them in the playoffs last yr. and that classic reg. season gem against them. will A-Rod vs. Eli be the Peyton vs. Brady of the nfc these next couple yrs. kinda wanna know what you guys opinion is gonna be on this.

Juanito
08-07-2012, 06:26 PM
Nah because Eli and Rodgers at their best aren't as good as Brady and Peyton at theirs.

SweetZombieJesus
08-07-2012, 06:31 PM
Well we have met them in the playoffs twice in 5 seasons but they had Favre the last time around (and we all know how the media loves to hype the QB matchup). Plus they would have to meet in the playoffs time and time again not just the regular season.

Rod-Diggity
08-07-2012, 06:45 PM
Well we have met them in the playoffs twice in 5 seasons but they had Favre the last time around (and we all know how the media loves to hype the QB matchup). Plus they would have to meet in the playoffs time and time again not just the regular season.

we'll prolly play them twice again this yr as well, hopefully we can show them how to win a home playoff game too

jpmetrick
08-07-2012, 06:55 PM
plus you have clay mathews talking smack. he said 'we beat ourselves, the giants didnt beat us' basically saying if theres a repeat theyd win hands down. bullcrapola

derekunion28
08-07-2012, 07:17 PM
nah never ..... just a game

moo
08-07-2012, 07:24 PM
The Pats/Colts rivalry was forced by the league for TV ratings, NYG and GB won't be playing each other every year.

BlueReign
08-07-2012, 07:41 PM
NYG SF is going to be HUGE again.

TheAnalyst
08-07-2012, 08:02 PM
Id say GB v NYG is like the old SF v NYG more then anything. It's becoming a good rivalry. They seem to win @ NY and we seem to win @ GB more then anything.

joemorrisforprez
08-07-2012, 08:34 PM
plus you have clay mathews talking smack. he said 'we beat ourselves, the giants didnt beat us' basically saying if theres a repeat theyd win hands down. bullcrapola

It's amazing how many teams "beat themselves" when they are playing against the Giants.

nhpgiantsfan
08-07-2012, 09:04 PM
The Pats/Colts rivalry was forced by the league for TV ratings, NYG and GB won't be playing each other every year.

They will as long as they both keep coming in first. While TV ratings play a factor in time slots, they have absolutely nothing to do with who teams play in their schedule. Division winners play the other division winners in that conference. That is why this year we play the NFC south plus the niners and packers. 1st place schedule. Pats and Colts was not forced by tv ratings. They were just a product of how the schedule works.

gmen46
08-07-2012, 09:38 PM
They will as long as they both keep coming in first. While TV ratings play a factor in time slots, they have absolutely nothing to do with who teams play in their schedule. Division winners play the other division winners in that conference. That is why this year we play the NFC south plus the niners and packers. 1st place schedule. Pats and Colts was not forced by tv ratings. They were just a product of how the schedule works.

That's exactly right, with one adjustment. It wouldn't require us both to win our divisions each year. It would require us both to end each season at the same respective position in our divisions. So, if we each ended 2012 in 2nd place in our respective divisions, we'd play each other in 2013, etc.

gmen46
08-07-2012, 09:40 PM
It's amazing how many teams "beat themselves" when they are playing against the Giants.

Ain't that the truth, brother?

Although--we beat ourselves last year in the regular season Niners game and the regular season Packers game, didn't we? :mad:

jpmetrick
08-07-2012, 09:46 PM
i think the whole "beat ourselves" is just an excuse for not executing. people have good days and bad days. im no pro athlete, but i bowl in a league and some days, the last pin just doesnt fall and i cant get that spare/strike. but, in anything ive ever done my entire team hasnt had a bad day. i think the defense gets to you and you start making mistakes, but the players will never admit to that.

Toadofsteel
08-08-2012, 01:30 AM

The Brady vs Peyton rivalry came about because for the longest time, the AFC East and AFC South were terrible divisions, save those two teams. Jets, Bills, Dolphins, Texans, Jags, and Titans were all mediocre at best in the 2000s decade.

Captain Chaos
08-08-2012, 05:11 AM
Interesting thought, could very well be the personalites or persona of the quaterbacks, Easy E verses "discount double check" Rogers, that drives this to rivalry.

JimC
08-08-2012, 06:04 AM
Nah because Eli and Rodgers at their best aren't as good as Brady and Peyton at theirs.What!!!!!!!!

fansince69
08-08-2012, 06:58 AM

I am glad someone said this....I could not figure out the original statement and was thinking exactly what you wrote here.

Juanito
08-08-2012, 12:22 PM
What!!!!!!!!
Right then put your case forward that Eli and Rodgers at their peak are better players than Brady and Peyton at theirs.

ShakeandBake
08-08-2012, 01:47 PM
The Packers have to start winning games against us to be considered out rivals, until then they are Patriot status, aka our *****es

JimC
08-08-2012, 03:06 PM
Right then put your case forward that Eli and Rodgers at their peak are better players than Brady and Peyton at theirs.

Simple. I don't think Eli OR Rodgers have reached their peak.

nhpgiantsfan
08-08-2012, 03:10 PM
The Packers have to start winning games against us to be considered out rivals, until then they are Patriot status, aka our *****es

I believe we've only beaten them once in the Aaron Rodgers era. Obviously it was in the most important game, but they have beaten us 2 out of the last 3 times we played them.

TroyArcher
08-08-2012, 03:46 PM

Off topic, but I like your Avatar. Just saw the Allman Brothers at PNC a few weeks ago and they were great. Derek Trucks and Warren Haynes kicked a/ss.

Rodgers12
08-08-2012, 05:00 PM
Hopefully the pack will have a good season to live up to a rivalry. I think if we played you guys out in NY would be better for us. Homefield advantage for GB isnt much of homefield anymore.