PDA

View Full Version : Jets selling ST's for $50 per seat

Roosevelt
08-07-2012, 06:39 PM
And these seats don't even have a PSL attached.

Question: Why are their games not blacked out?

byron
08-07-2012, 07:04 PM

Question: Why are their games not blacked out? idk I did read something awhile ago about the black out rule lowering the requirement.....that being said if they were giving those seats away it would be more than what I'd want to pay...

you probably knew this but

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82a406ee/article/nfl-eases-local-tv-blackout-restrictions-for-upcoming-season

ShakeandBake
08-07-2012, 08:14 PM

My dad is a Jet fan and he told me they weren't blacked out last year because Woody bought up the empty seats. I guess Woody is going to have to do the same this year if they decide to continue to blackout games.

Roosevelt
08-09-2012, 10:40 AM
Thanks Byron, I didn't know about that.

Obviously 85% capacity keeps the owners in pocket money.

I wouldn't be surprised if Woody gave away those seats just to make his games look packed. For Woody it's all about the show.

eliland
08-15-2012, 06:23 PM
If woody doesnt buy them, the NFL has to refund a lot of commercial money when the games arent showed on TV.

Heard from a friend that Rex is on a commercial selling jets tickets... saying something about the superbowl champs playing in "our house". LOL

GameTime
08-16-2012, 02:13 PM

the owner buys all the seats and resells. This way they are considered sold no matter what...
what a bunch of clowns over ther.,

Jet-Blue
08-20-2012, 03:18 PM
The $50 seats were for the last 5 rows in the upper deck in the end zone section. That's all they are worth.

Sarcasman
08-20-2012, 05:24 PM
The $50 seats were for the last 5 rows in the upper deck in the end zone section. That's all they are worth.

That's what I figured, they're crap seats. Jets fans are pretty rabid, I can't see them having a terribly tough time selling seats if they are fairly priced nor nearly selling out each game.