PDA

View Full Version : Clay Mathews States Again The Giants Didn't Beat Us

ChuckKnoxx
08-08-2012, 12:59 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/07/matthews-says-giants-didnt-beat-packers/

From the article:

“We picked the most inopportune time to play our worst ball,” linebacker Clay Matthews (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5278/clay-matthews) tells Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports. “The fact is, [the Giants] didn’t beat us; we beat ourselves (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--packers-defenders-vow-to-better-support-aaron-rodgers--offense-this-season.html;_ylt=AnI.8PFelBJaFEWLnLXWldYLcykA;_ylu =X3oDMTFoZnA0Y2I3BG1pdANCbG9nIEluZGV4IGJ5IEF1dGhvc gRwb3MDMQRzZWMDTWVkaWFCbG9nSW5kZXg-;_ylg=X3oDMTFrODdzYXZuBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRw c3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANhdXRob3IEcHQDc2VjdGlvbnM-;_ylv=3). We need to play our best ball when it counts. This year, I expect us to be right back where we should be.”

Now I don't know about you guys but November 25th just got a huge circle on my calender.

I know it comes off as a homer, but I can never recall a Super Bowl team coming off a championship run getting this much disrespect from the media and league.

Skip Bayless can go on national television and call our qb a ****** that got lucky and it is absolutely acceptable.

This team is going to destroy any preconceived notions, mark my words.

jomo
08-08-2012, 01:01 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/07/matthews-says-giants-didnt-beat-packers/

From the article:

Now I don't know about you guys but November 25th just got a huge circle on my calender.

I know it comes off as a homer, but I can never recall a Super Bowl team coming off a championship run getting this much disrespect from the media and league.

Skip Bayless can go on national television and call our qb a ****** that got lucky and it is absolutely acceptable.

This team is going to destroy any preconceived notions, mark my words.Silly rabbit, that Mathews guy.

BurnerNYG
08-08-2012, 01:01 AM
Is this the real ChuckKnoxx? If so, I love your YouTube vids and I was waiting for one after our SB win.

giantsfan420
08-08-2012, 01:02 AM
thats odd. i could have swore the scoreboard read giants/packers and not packers/packers...hmmm guess it was them that outscored themselves lmao...

and i wonder how clay feels about the reg season win where he got a gift wrapped pick 6 combined with 3 or 4 TERRIBLE, game costing calls...

and technically mathews IS right. we didn't beat the packers...WE BEAT THE PACKERS AND THE REFS...he can say that all he wants, but unless he acknowledges that the refs gifted them like 14 points which was like a 28 point swing techincally, then he can take his bs opinion and stick it.

and yeah that pisses me off too how skip calls eli rain man and lucky and never gives him his due

ChuckKnoxx
08-08-2012, 01:03 AM
Is this the real ChuckKnoxx? If so, I love your YouTube vids and I was waiting for one after our SB win.

Yes it is bro. I just opened an account here today after posting my new vid. Glad to be here and appreciate that.

BurnerNYG
08-08-2012, 01:07 AM
Yes it is bro. I just opened an account here today after posting my new vid. Glad to be here and appreciate that.Glad to have you aboard. Hey everybody, this guy's the man!!!! Salute!

ChuckKnoxx
08-08-2012, 01:07 AM
thats odd. i could have swore the scoreboard read giants/packers and not packers/packers...hmmm guess it was them that outscored themselves lmao...

and i wonder how clay feels about the reg season win where he got a gift wrapped pick 6 combined with 3 or 4 TERRIBLE, game costing calls...

and technically mathews IS right. we didn't beat the packers...WE BEAT THE PACKERS AND THE REFS...he can say that all he wants, but unless he acknowledges that the refs gifted them like 14 points which was like a 28 point swing techincally, then he can take his bs opinion and stick it.

and yeah that pisses me off too how skip calls eli rain man and lucky and never gives him his due

exactly. That was one of the worst officiated games of the year.

TheEnigma
08-08-2012, 01:20 AM

No, you're absolutely correct with that statement. You got guys like Clay Matthews coming out saying they beat themselves, most of the media pundits thinking we will finish 3rd in the division, and no one is taking about the Giants with all the other stupid nonsense going on in the league. This doesn't feel like a typical "Everyone is gunning after us" season like it should be but rather we're playing under the radar once more. This season is important for us to win the division and keep the Cowboys out of the playoffs in hopes they rebuild without Romo. Same with the Eagles to a certain degree as well.

Slyde
08-08-2012, 01:23 AM
Same cry baby story. Packers go their butt handed to them, the game wasn't even as close as the score...

Drez
08-08-2012, 01:23 AM
That whiny ***** needs to shut up and take the loss like a man.

miked1958
08-08-2012, 02:39 AM
So the last two TDs that his defense gave up to make the score 37-13 I guess his defense just let us score? No! GBs D tried all they could to keep the gmen out of the endzone and failed. How is that us not beating them. Plus like has been said they don't get those two gift wrapped tds and if the ref spotted ball correct T mid field on DJ wares run then this game is a total wash out take em behind the wood shed for and old fashioned butt whooping. Score could of been 40/44 to 6

rainierjef
08-08-2012, 02:42 AM
well when the refs are giving you games, and the media has already crowned you super bowl champs mid season; you feel this sense of superiority so much so that its unfathomable that a 9-7 team can beat you in your own stadium.
here's my question to mr. matthews you guys beat yourselves? is that before or after the...
fumble wait a minute no fumble call on jennnings?
the missed roughing the passer call on eli?
the bad spot on D.J ware?
the phantom holding call on Snee?
the bull crap roughing the passer helmet to helmet call on Osi?

Martyr
08-08-2012, 02:43 AM
Shemale mathews was invisible all year except for his girly blonde hair.

GCGiant
08-08-2012, 05:52 AM
Yes...the Packers beat themselves...just like my older brother use to grab my arms and make me hit myself in the face. If I compare the Giants to my older brother and me as the Packers, then yes, it is safe to say that the Packers beat themselves.

Captain Chaos
08-08-2012, 05:55 AM
well when the refs are giving you games, and the media has already crowned you super bowl champs mid season; you feel this sense of superiority so much so that its unfathomable that a 9-7 team can beat you in your own stadium.
here's my question to mr. matthews you guys beat yourselves? is that before or after the...
fumble wait a minute no fumble call on jennnings?
the missed roughing the passer call on eli?
the bad spot on D.J ware?
the phantom holding call on Snee?
the bull crap roughing the passer helmet to helmet call on Osi?

We must have been watching a different game then the KNOXXXHead, The bottom line is that this shows Clay Mathews has little class, everyone knows on any given sunday....A real pro would have given the G-men props and said they would look forward to playing us again.

tonyt830
08-08-2012, 06:49 AM
I have a lot of respect for the Matthews family---Bruce and Clay Jr were 2 of the best at their respective positions in the 80's and early 90s. But come on Clay III, give the Giants some props as well. Yes the Packers may have not played their best ball that day, but the Giants did play some of their best ball that day. It works both ways!

And I will not even mention a couple of the refs calls that helped the Packers on 2 of their scoring drives.

giantyankee1976
08-08-2012, 08:33 AM
even non-Giants' fans were saying to me that the Refs totally Effed up that game.

I have, or had, respect for the Pack, but these crybaby moments are starting to annoy the hell out of me.

FBomb
08-08-2012, 08:42 AM
https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSo6f5DeiNYGIPFvGPivrmeIL-s6aTbKqfMaUq0EWGoNwXC01s6

SweetZombieJesus
08-08-2012, 08:42 AM
Hey, Clay Pidgeon, go back to brushing your hair.

You lost 37-20 WITH at least two blatantly bad calls that killed a Giants drive and/or sustained a Packers drive.

Perhaps you both played your worst ball AND the Giants beat you.

rcrane
08-08-2012, 08:43 AM
I dont hate the pack, but i dont like clay mathews lol. the refs let him get away with more bullsh1t hits than anyone. and his stupid stance/celebration thing is how should i put this, awkward looking lol.

Snappinnecks
08-08-2012, 08:49 AM
God this is second time we've come away from a long NFL season with a Lombardi trophy and get no respect from the league. Just irks the hell out of me to no end! I hope we lay down the law on some teams this year....

BlueReign
08-08-2012, 08:55 AM
We scored 35 and 37 points each time we played them. At their worst twice in the same season?

Buddy333
08-08-2012, 09:10 AM
Eh. You hear a lot of guys saying that they beat themselves. I know I have seen the Giants beat themselves. On the other hand, he is way off. In 2 games the Green Bay defense could not stop the Giants offense. In that 1st game Tuck was still not back to his old self, Osi did not play, KP was hurt in the 1st half and did not return, and Prince was extremely raw an inexperienced. The 2nd time they played Tuck was back, Osi was playing, KP was back, and Prince grew up fast. The simple fact is that the Giants destroyed them in the playoffs. The 2 TD's Green Bay scored came after 2 horrible calls buy the refs. They clearly fumbled and the hit by Osi was a clean play. If not for those bad calls they may have only scored 6 points. They where destroyed at home and it wasn't even close.

nycisgreat
08-08-2012, 09:22 AM
Tell Matthews that the Packer weren't the only victim the Giants beat last post season that had a good season record. For him to think that lighting strikes in the same place 4 times is insane. Sore loser! If I applied the same logic to the season prior, when the Giants collapsed late in the 4 qtr against the eagles. Green Bay would've been out of the playoff. What's done is done. Just live with the lost.

jakegibbs
08-08-2012, 09:25 AM

+1 Can't agree with you more. The refs did all they could do to help Vegas & the long odds bet on the Giants to win the SB last year. There was definately something very fishy in that game but the Giants overcame bad calls & prevailed. The rest was history because there was no way anyone believed the Pats could beat the Giants in SB 46.

BigBlue1971
08-08-2012, 09:31 AM
https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSo6f5DeiNYGIPFvGPivrmeIL-s6aTbKqfMaUq0EWGoNwXC01s6

lol. this is the real deal!

giantsfan420
08-08-2012, 09:34 AM
jake-
agree 100%. Nice post

TheAnalyst
08-08-2012, 09:49 AM
All I can think about is that Justin Timberlake song, Cry me a River. He needs to cut his hair and stop acting like a female. Bottom line is this, if the refs didnt hand the Packers 2 TDs, it would of been 40+ to 6, a complete embarrassment.

GMENAGAIN
08-08-2012, 09:52 AM
I for one am glad to see that the Packers are still living in the past. That's the quickest way to screw up this season . . . ..

bELIeve_in_Giants
08-08-2012, 09:55 AM
Nfl.com disagrees with Clay!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000047307/article/clay-matthews-the-giants-didnt-beat-us?campaign=Twitter_atl

scoopscj
08-08-2012, 10:23 AM
I for one am glad to see that the Packers are still living in the past. That's the quickest way to screw up this season . . . ..

I have to agree with you. When you keep dwelling on the past and you think you were unbeatable then you are not focusing on the present and future. The Packers think they were and are still the best. Nothing wrong with being confident but some of these quotes remind me of the TO Cowboys. Lots of attitude and bragging. How did that work out for them?

Scoops

GameTime
08-08-2012, 10:42 AM
lol. this is the real deal!
love that....:)
matthews can say or think what ever he wants. If it makes him feel better that his team sucked and beat themselves then so be it. personally I would rather be beat soundly knowing we played our best and lost than thinking we should have won and just choked....

psmachetti
08-08-2012, 10:49 AM

From the article:

Why anybody takes that ******bag Bayless seriously is beyond me.

Fuhgeddaboutit
08-08-2012, 10:51 AM
Listen - the Packers made their mistakes, and it did cost them the game. You can argue that they beat themselves, but in the end, the Giants took those opportunities and scored.

We played the better game in the long run.

Nobody is going to remember the Packers for their few drops and few mistakes, but they'll remember the 2011-2012 SB champs.

Also, who has the Lombardi on the trophy case? The Giants. Everyone will know this for years and years.

You think people will remember the Packers dropping passes? No, no one except the Packers fans, and even THEY may forget.

Giants fans shouldn't take this as a sign of disrespect, but nurture it and understand the in the end, the Giants are the SB champs.

scoopscj
08-08-2012, 10:55 AM
Most SB winning teams have faced teams that made mistakes. I am old enough to remember Montana's winning drive vs the Bengals where some Bengal dropped an interception right in his hands that would have won them the SB. Nobody ever talks about that. Too much time has passed and the only thing people remember is that the 49ers won the SB. Same will happen with the Giants. Over time, nobody will remember the Packers and the bad officiating for this game. Nobody will talk about how the Packers 'beat themselves'. Time has a tendency to do that.

Scoops

Fuhgeddaboutit
08-08-2012, 10:57 AM
Most SB winning teams have faced teams that made mistakes. I am old enough to remember Montana's winning drive vs the Bengals where some Bengal dropped an interception right in his hands that would have won them the SB. Nobody ever talks about that. Too much time has passed and the only thing people remember is that the 49ers won the SB. Same will happen with the Giants. Over time, nobody will remember the Packers and the bad officiating for this game. Nobody will talk about how the Packers 'beat themselves'. Time has a tendency to do that.

Scoops

Exactly. It's time to get over this childish nausea because a player thinks that they beat themselves. Nobody cares and nobody will remember them. If anything, Clay Matthews makes himself sound like a moron.

NYAngryAzn
08-08-2012, 11:11 AM
Considering the Giants beat Brett-Pack in 07, you can't tell me the Discount-D-Check-Pack wasn't prepared for the Giants 2nd time around. You know what they say, fool me once shame you.... (Tom Brady + Patriots knows this saying very well)

Either way it doesn't matter what Clay and the rest of the Packers think. When NFL Films makes a tribute to Eli Manning when he retires, they'll say the Giants came into Green Bay and BEAT the Packers twice, once in 2007 and in 2012.

ny06
08-08-2012, 11:11 AM
The long haired baby is at it again. Not once, but twice he has stated that the Packers beat themselves not the Giants. I guess Clay remembers a different game, last time I checked the Giants not only won the game; but beat them in a dominated fashion.

http://i45.tinypic.com/pwps4.jpg

Redeyejedi
08-08-2012, 11:19 AM
Pretty disrespectful considering the 1st game was a coin flip game which they got officials assistance to win

Morehead State
08-08-2012, 11:22 AM
You guys are making a big thing out of nothing. Any decent NFL player would say and think the same thing. When we lose we always think we beat ourselves, especially when they commit a lot of turnovers and commit a lot of mistakes.
Its not disrespectful, its just the way athletes think. I'm sure most Giants think they beat themselves in the Philly loss where we played so badly.
The fact is that the Packers played a crappy game. Its just frustration by Matthews and I can't blame him.

ny06
08-08-2012, 11:29 AM
You guys are making a big thing out of nothing. Any decent NFL player would say and think the same thing. When we lose we always think we beat ourselves, especially when they commit a lot of turnovers and commit a lot of mistakes.
Its not disrespectful, its just the way athletes think. I'm sure most Giants think they beat themselves in the Philly loss where we played so badly.
The fact is that the Packers played a crappy game. Its just frustration by Matthews and I can't blame him.

When a team loses in a playoff game or any big game for that matter it looks lame to claim "we beat ourselves" Call it for what you want, the Packers playing poorly, or the Giants making them play poorly. The outcome will always be 37-20.
You don't have to blame Matthews for how he feels, I'll do it for you. Man up Clay Matthews and move on...

njsean
08-08-2012, 11:33 AM

Yeah, nice try. Get out of here with this ish. It might be natural or human to feel this way or maybe discuss it with your teammates after a loss. Think about all the what could have beens or the if we just did this. Sure, thats your typical rationalizations and cognitive dissonances in the moment to soothe the ego.

However, it's nothing but arrogance and disrespect to come out in the media and not just say it once, but twice, now months removed from it.

And not any decent NFL player would say it. Only Wade Phillips.

Fuhgeddaboutit
08-08-2012, 11:39 AM
Clay Matthews needs to man up?

LOL, I'd like to see you fight Clay matthews ;)

Redeyejedi
08-08-2012, 11:41 AM
Giants will feed off this. Giants will crush the Packers this season. The 1 game that worries me is the SF rematch. They will be out for Blood. Thats a team that can hurt u. The Packers are a soft Football team

ny06
08-08-2012, 11:46 AM
Clay Matthews needs to man up?

LOL, I'd like to see you fight Clay matthews ;)

Yes he needs to man up and take a loss like a man.
After I'm done fighting Clay, can I fight you? ;)

Morehead State
08-08-2012, 11:47 AM
Yeah, nice try. Get out of here with this ish. It might be natural or human to feel this way or maybe discuss it with your teammates after a loss. Think about all the what could have beens or the if we just did this. Sure, thats your typical rationalizations and cognitive dissonances in the moment to soothe the ego.

However, it's nothing but arrogance and disrespect to come out in the media and not just say it once, but twice, now months removed from it.

And not any decent NFL player would say it. Only Wade Phillips.
First of all Wade Phillips said that the best team didn't win. Thata a bit different.
Secondly, maybe Matthews was a bit inarticulate with his comment but I just don't take it as personally as you guys seem to. He's a football player and artful comments are not their specialty. It just doesn't bother me. We're the champs and thats it. Its like its not enought for some of you guys. Its like they all have to love us and adore us now. I just don't need that.
And as far as getting over it is concerned. I don't want my players getting over huge losses. I'm still not over our loss the the Rams in week 14, 1970.

scoopscj
08-08-2012, 11:47 AM
Giants will feed off this. Giants will crush the Packers this season. The 1 game that worries me is the SF rematch. They will be out for Blood. Thats a team that can hurt u. The Packers are a soft Football team

The Patriots were out for blood in the regular season, and again in the SB. How did that work out for them?

Morehead State
08-08-2012, 11:49 AM
Seems to me that when you say "we beat ourselves" you ARE taking responsibility for the loss.

Fuhgeddaboutit
08-08-2012, 11:49 AM

No. But to think about it, it might be easy to beat up some roadkill :)

Toadofsteel
08-08-2012, 11:55 AM
Considering the Giants beat Brett-Pack in 07, you can't tell me the Discount-D-Check-Pack wasn't prepared for the Giants 2nd time around. You know what they say, fool me once shame you.... (Tom Brady + Patriots knows this saying very well)

Either way it doesn't matter what Clay and the rest of the Packers think. When NFL Films makes a tribute to Eli Manning when he retires, they'll say the Giants came into Green Bay and BEAT the Packers twice, once in 2007 and in 2012.

Even now, look at the Road to the SB dvd, and you get the CSI Miami-esque pun of "The Giants went into Lambeau and sent the Pack... packing"

ny06
08-08-2012, 11:56 AM
Seems to me that when you say "we beat ourselves" you ARE taking responsibility for the loss.

Would it have killed him to say the Giants were better that day?

No. But to think about it, it might be easy to beat up some roadkill :)

Roadkill? LMAO. I'm not getting into a pissing contest with who is stronger or what-not. But I can guarentee you, no one is leaving me for roadkill.

Fuhgeddaboutit
08-08-2012, 11:57 AM

Roadkill? LMAO. I'm not getting into a pissing contest with who is stronger or what-not. But I can guarentee you, no one is leaving me for roadkill.

You think you can fair off with Clay Matthews. God bless you then

Morehead State
08-08-2012, 11:59 AM

Jeez!...You guys are like little China Dolls. How delicate can you be for God's sake? Do his "words" really hurt that much?

Seems to me that whining about somebody else whining is still whining.

Buddy333
08-08-2012, 12:04 PM
I don't think people are whining. On one hand I don't think it's a big deal, but on the other maybe he could have chose his words better.

ny06
08-08-2012, 12:05 PM
Jeez!...You guys are like little China Dolls. How delicate can you be for God's sake? Do his "words" really hurt that much?

Seems to me that whining about somebody else whining is still whining.

What the Hell are you talking about? I'm not complaining nor taking his words literally. I made a comment for Clay to take a loss like a man and move on. Than I get this comment from whateverthehellisnameis about fighting Clay Matthews. Sorry Morehead, we all can't be like you. Thank God..

Fuhgeddaboutit
08-08-2012, 12:09 PM
What the Hell are you talking about? I'm not complaining nor taking his words literally. I made a comment for Clay to take a loss like a man and move on. Than I get this comment from whateverthehellisnameis about fighting Clay Matthews. Sorry Morehead, we all can't be like you. Thank God..

It was a joke. Relax. I guess on one account you were a cool dude. Now that I've changed my username, you act like a ****.

Take a joke dude.

Morehead State
08-08-2012, 12:10 PM
I don't think people are whining. On one hand I don't think it's a big deal, but on the other maybe he could have chose his words better.
Its a big "who cares" for me. When a team plays as badly and makes the kinds of mistakes they did its an understandable attitude. As I said, if it happened to my team, I expect my players to have the same attitude and I don't expect them to forget about it.
He a big dumbass football player who tries to look like something on the cover of a romance novel. I don't expect "well chosen words" from him.

This is just another version of another "ESPN disrespects the Giants" thread. Only we are substituting Clay Mattews for Skip Bayless.
Very predictable on the Giants MB.

"We are the champions...you must love us"..................PUKE!!!!

Fuhgeddaboutit
08-08-2012, 12:12 PM
Its a big "who cares" for me. When a team plays as badly and makes the kinds of mistakes they did its an understandable attitude. As I said, if it happened to my team, I expect my players to have the same attitude and I don't expect them to forget about it.
He a big dumbass football player who tries to look like something on the cover of a romance novel. I don't expect "well chosen words" from him.

This is just another version of another "ESPN disrespects the Giants" thread. Only we are substituting Clay Mattews for Skip Bayless.
Very predictable on the Giants MB.

"We are the champions...you must love us"..................PUKE!!!!

+1

10chars, 10chars.

Morehead State
08-08-2012, 12:13 PM

I was right....you are over sensative. You're falling to peices here.

Redeyejedi
08-08-2012, 12:14 PM
Patriots dont have a defense like the 49ers. they didnt hit Eli over 20 times

gumby74
08-08-2012, 12:16 PM
if i were a packers fan, i'd definitely be thinking that we beat ourselves that day. They didn't play well at all. But I'm glad I'm a Giants fan.

ny06
08-08-2012, 12:17 PM
It was a joke. Relax. I guess on one account you were a cool dude. Now that I've changed my username, you act like a ****.

Take a joke dude.

I'm still the same guy, I guess I took the joke the wrong way. Nothing personal...

Giantsin04
08-08-2012, 12:19 PM
I see this as more of a direct shot at the Packer offense than it is a shot at the Giants. The fact is the Packers defense was statistically the worst defense in the entire NFL last year. No one expected that unit to do anything and they didn't dissapoint. The offense is who was out of character. That was the one game the entire season that they struggled, made mistakes, and didn't take advantage of their opportunities. Saying that they beat themselves is a direct shot at the offense in my opinion. If I was Aaron Rodgers I would be pissed. Sorry we stumbled Clay. Sorry we weren't perfect like we had to be in every single game this season to make up for how bad our defense was.

Fuhgeddaboutit
08-08-2012, 12:20 PM
I'm still the same guy, I guess I took the joke the wrong way. Nothing personal...

Lol okay, guess it happens.

Morehead State
08-08-2012, 12:20 PM
And after I told everybody on Thee thread how much better looking you were than them. I'm a bit devistated here.

Buddy333
08-08-2012, 12:22 PM
I'm not talking about everyone must love the Giants, but the Giants destroyed them that day. They where trying. They where just outplayed. Their defense was not good and the Giants offense scored over 70 points on them this past season.

ny06
08-08-2012, 12:22 PM
And after I told everybody on Thee thread how much better looking you were than them. I'm a bit devistated here.

It's true too ;)
You and I both know it's good to have some disagreement on the boards. Hell, if we all agreed with eachother this place would be boring.

Morehead State
08-08-2012, 12:26 PM
I'm not talking about everyone must love the Giants, but the Giants destroyed them that day. They where trying. They where just outplayed. Their defense was not good and the Giants offense scored over 70 points on them this past season.
We not only beat them but we beat ther refs too. But they played like crap. Turnovers, dropped passes and horrific defense. They even gave up a Hail Mary.
I completely understand why he thinks the way he does.

No question that we were by far the better team on the field that day. But one of the reasons we were was that they played so badly.

Morehead State
08-08-2012, 12:28 PM
It's true too ;)
You and I both know it's good to have some disagreement on the boards. Hell, if we all agreed with eachother this place would be boring.
I have a few MB pet peaves. One of them is the "Giants don't get no respect" nonsense.
I tend to respond with sarcasm. Of course I tend to respond with sarcasm for just about anything. Just Morehead being Morehead.

Buddy333
08-08-2012, 12:30 PM
I think you have to credit the Giants as to why they where playing so bad. They where in Rogers face the entire game. I believe their TE had a case of the drops all year. Then the Giants had to deal with the refs. That negates any drops they had in my opinion. Their defense was bad all year.

Buddy333
08-08-2012, 12:34 PM
I will say that while I usually don't buy into the "Giants get no respect" thing they do seem to be getting looked over quite a bit for a team that just won a Super Bowl. I get it, they where 9-7 and just made the playoffs. The year before Green Bay was almost the same team. They just made it in, won the Super Bowl, and where praised highly all offseason and came into the season as contenders in the medias eyes.

njg85m
08-08-2012, 12:45 PM
If I was on the team that benefited from 3 of the worst officiated games in recent football memory, all in one season, I would probably be humble and keep my mouth shut.

I'm the furthest thing from a conspiracy theorist, but that Lions game almost had even me screaming "fix".

Clay can say whatever he wants, but he needs to realize that there is a good chance they lost to us the first time and got beaten a lot, lot worse against us the second time had the officials not had a bad day.

Morehead State
08-08-2012, 12:46 PM
I will say that while I usually don't buy into the "Giants get no respect" thing they do seem to be getting looked over quite a bit for a team that just won a Super Bowl. I get it, they where 9-7 and just made the playoffs. The year before Green Bay was almost the same team. They just made it in, won the Super Bowl, and where praised highly all offseason and came into the season as contenders in the medias eyes.
So what? Why do we care?
WE'RE THE CHAMPS!!!!

TheAnalyst
08-08-2012, 12:52 PM
if i were a packers fan, i'd definitely be thinking that we beat ourselves that day. They didn't play well at all. But I'm glad I'm a Giants fan.

No, they didnt play their best, but think about the referees giving them 2 TDs. The Refs helped them and tried to get them back in the game, and they still couldnt. The Giants dominated that game, and the Packers played rusty, or maybe it was just the Giants playing that well that made the Pack look confusted and nervous and bad...

Anyway, if any team can complain that they beat themselves, it should be the 49ers. If Kyle Willaims holds on to the ball, they may have won.

Buddy333
08-08-2012, 01:03 PM
So what? Why do we care? WE'RE THE CHAMPS!!!!I don't, but for the people saying they are not getting their due they have a point. Like it better this way. They play better with a chip on their shoulder.

ChuckKnoxx
08-08-2012, 01:06 PM
So what? Why do we care?
WE'RE THE CHAMPS!!!!

100% correct. We shouldn't care and for the most part I personally don't. But of course we acknowledge it. You do exactly as what I was referring to, mark it on the calender and remember those words. I honestly don't give a **** what the media says, but when a scumbag like Skip for instance who is paid to say baseless comments, can go on tv and refer to a two time super bowl mvp as pretty much a mongoloid that just happened to be in the right place at the right time, I'm sorry but that's not going overlooked. Clay Mathews on the other hand is just a bitter dude who just could not accept his teams own mortality.

That being said. On November 25th he better come up with a better excuse as to why he missed tackles and his team got ****in destroyed. That is the point of the article. Not to whine, but to point it out. It IS a reality that this team is overly disrespected for whatever reason. Tell me its the schedule all you want and I will buy it. But don't tell me our quarterback is ******ed and we're just going to miss the playoffs because we got lucky and teams just happened to not "show up" that day.

MattMeyerBud
08-08-2012, 01:14 PM

From the article:

i think after 07 we were more disrespected

MattMeyerBud
08-08-2012, 01:15 PM

yea, it seems like he didn't want to weigh in on the first game...

screw it, its a new year. Woulda coulda shoulds don't matter, we got the ring and they got an extra month of golf swings in...

Delicreep
08-08-2012, 01:31 PM
So not only didn't he play in that game, but he didn't even watch it later?

Morehead State
08-08-2012, 01:48 PM
So not only didn't he play in that game, but he didn't even watch it later?
So its your view that the Packers played well?

Buddy333
08-08-2012, 01:50 PM
Their defense played the same way they did all season.

EJ Blue
08-08-2012, 01:50 PM
Mathews picked an inopportune time to have a bad season so I'd like him to shut his mouth until he plays better than the people he disses.

BuffyBlueII
08-08-2012, 01:57 PM
Well making posts that are whining about people whining about someone else whining is in itself whining. I was just kidding with that so please don't take it seriously.

Tom Brady stated that NY Giants were better both times that we beat him. He also answered that "yes Eli Manning is a great QB" when all the drama was going on with the in the same class remarks. Difference is that Tom Brady is a class act and Clay Matthews is not.

The classy thing to say would have been NY Giants were the better team that day but Clay Matthews choose not to say that. Green Bay Packers listen to the hype about them and are a way overconfident team. They are also very soft and I think playoff loss is going to stick with them. Their fans are still crying about how they beat themselves and we are lucky. They also compare Eli Manning to Trent Dilfer and say he is average. It is hillarious.

He could have chosen his words better but he is probably too delusional to realize that NY Giants are just a better team than Green Bay Packers.

old username-BuffyBlue

Delicreep
08-08-2012, 02:00 PM

It's not relevant.

In order for the statement to have any meaning whatsoever, you have to assume that the entire statement is that the pack did not play well AND the GMEN played a flawless game. Otherwise, we get out turn to say we didn't play well either.

Are you saying that the Gmen played a flawless game?

'cause if your not, then the Gmen beat the pack by playing a better game

Delicreep
08-08-2012, 02:06 PM
Now...in a non philosophical way, the Pack D sucked all year and did in the playoffs as well.

The Gmen's D came together at the right time and gave the unstoppable pack O more trouble than they did the first time they played (which was close game)

And that was that.

GiantsDigital
08-08-2012, 02:06 PM
Here's Justin Tuck's response to the comments:

Q: There was a quote from Clay Matthews. He said, “We picked the most
inopportune time to play our worst ball. The fact is – the Giants didn’t beat us, we
beat ourselves. We need to play our best ball when it counts. This year, I expect us
to be right back where we should be.” Do you have any reactions on it?
A: Thank you for giving us the game, Clay. I appreciate it a lot.

Read the rest here:
http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/DE-Justin-Tuck-/0b82bb65-e532-4b83-9ea2-1fb771a6ed98 (http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/DE-Justin-Tuck-/0b82bb65-e532-4b83-9ea2-1fb771a6ed98)

Buddy333
08-08-2012, 02:07 PM
The Green Bay defense was bad all year. They did not just play bad in the playoffs. They could not stop the Giants the 1st time they played. As for their offense, the Giants defense was the reason why they played bad. Just like they did to the rest of their opponents in the post season. Why is it so hard to believe that Green Bay just got beat?

Morehead State
08-08-2012, 02:07 PM
Their defense played the same way they did all season.
Nice try deflecting the question but thats not what I asked.

Lets look at the Packers average game last year vs. the playoff game.

Season point average: 35 Playoff game: 20 (6 if you don't include the refs)
Season T/O differential: +24 Playoff game point differential: -3
Season Defense points allowed: 22.4/game Playoff game: 37
Season turnovers: 1.0/game Playoff game turnovers: 4

If I'm a Packers fan, I'm blaming my team for that loss. And I'm damned pissed off about it. And I want my team to say they lost the game. And I don't want them to forget it.

And to answer my friend Delicreep........Who says the Giants played a flawless game? And why is it relevant? The point is that the Giants played a very good game on the road and the Packers played their worst game of the season.

GameTime
08-08-2012, 02:09 PM
well really Clay I thnk the Pack recievers really blew the game. Or was it the pressure on Rodgers. Or was it the fact that the Giants O played a very good game. Or maybe the strip sack by Osi. Or maybe it was the........
face it you lost......suck it up and move on.....

Buddy333
08-08-2012, 02:10 PM
Like I said, their defense was bad all year and the Giants defense shut down every team in the post season.

Morehead State
08-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Like I said, their defense was bad all year and the Giants defense shut down every team in the post season.
Hey...We were the better team on the field. We played better than they did by a large margin. Lasrger than the score would even indicate. But the fact is that the Packers played like crap. Lots of unforced errors. Yes their defense wasn't that good all season and no one knows it like me because i had them in FF. They killed me against the Bears, week 16. But the Packers were bad. They didn't play like a 15-1 team. As Matthews said, it was their worst game of the season.
I get why he would say what he did. I think if they played like the usually did, it would have been a heck of a football game because we were playing very well since that Cruz play vs. the Jets.
Its a natural thing for an athlete, coach or fan to say "we beat ourselves" when they played so much worse than their average for that season. Some guys here are just a tad too sensative about it as far as I'm concerned.
We have the trophy and thats all the respect we need.

BuffyBlueII
08-08-2012, 02:21 PM
Hey...We were the better team on the field. We played better than they did by a large margin. Lasrger than the score would even indicate. But the fact is that the Packers played like crap. Lots of unforced errors. Yes their defense wasn't that good all season and no one knows it like me because i had them in FF. They killed me against the Bears, week 16. But the Packers were bad. They didn't play like a 15-1 team. As Matthews said, it was their worst game of the season.
I get why he would say what he did. I think if they played like the usually did, it would have been a heck of a football game because we were playing very well since that Cruz play vs. the Jets.
Its a natural thing for an athlete, coach or fan to say "we beat ourselves" when they played so much worse than their average for that season. Some guys here are just a tad too sensative about it as far as I'm concerned.
We have the trophy and thats all the respect we need.

Eli Manning is undeafeted in postseason at Lambeau Field and we won SuperBowl. That is all that matters.

The "we beat ourselves" comment is one that should be used in private. The classy thing to do for the public statement is to say "they were the better team."
With the exception of the crybaby Green Bay Packers fan base, Clay Matthews is coming off as a sore loser.

old username-buffyblue

Buddy333
08-08-2012, 02:22 PM
Unforced errors? I think you owe a little credit to the defenders for stopping the ball. Besides, the poor calls by the refs evened that out and then some. Like I said in my 1st post, lots of players say that so I don't think it was that big of a deal. On the other hand, he could have chosen his words more carefully. His unit was horrible all year long. So what was he talking about then? Is he blaming his offense? Maybe Rogers should take a stand on what he said.

Buddy333
08-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Also, when you say it was their worst game stop assuming that was because they came out flat. They where the defending Super Bowl Champions and had home field advantage. They got beat badly at home and the Giants defense was the reason why their offense looked so off that day.

Morehead State
08-08-2012, 02:29 PM
Unforced errors? I think you owe a little credit to the defenders for stopping the ball. Besides, the poor calls by the refs evened that out and then some. Like I said in my 1st post, lots of players say that so I don't think it was that big of a deal. On the other hand, he could have chosen his words more carefully. His unit was horrible all year long. So what was he talking about then? Is he blaming his offense? Maybe Rogers should take a stand on what he said.
We deserve all the credit in the world. But few players don't blame themselves for turnovers or bad plays. I mean they gave up a Hail Mary. Thats just bad play.
Playing badly and losing usually is interpreted as "beating themselves". Its football 101. No one cares what the other team did in the end.
We definately beat ourselves against the Eagles in Jan. 2009. Its not a slam on the Eagles to think so.
If a Giants player came out and said "the Eagles didn't beat us, we beat ourselves" after that game, no one would bat an eye, or think anyone was whining or being a bad sport (except eagles fans).
Gotta keep it real here people.

gmen46
08-08-2012, 02:34 PM
Question is, why does Mathews think it is preferable to say they did not play well (and by extension did not prepare well) in the playoff game--by his own admission the "game that counted"-- as opposed to admitting that they lost to a team that played better than them that day? If he believes that's true, that should be shameful and embarrassing to him, not a justification for losing.

Maybe this will make him feel better. His team can watch it together after Thanksgiving Day practice"

http://youtu.be/KIKDeCdNkf4[/VIDEO]

Buddy333
08-08-2012, 02:37 PM
I absolutely believe a team can beat themselves. I also believe a team can be dominated. I believe the Giants dominated them. In 2 games the Giants scored 72 points. So it's safe to say they could not stop Eli and the offense Hail Mary or not. The Giants also would have had the ball it not been for the blown fumble call. On to their offense. Rogers had pressure in his face all game. That was the difference between the 1st and 2nd game. Tuck was back to is old self, Osi played the 2nd game, KP didn't miss the second half of he playoff game, Prince had learned a lot more since being used out of desperation, and Chase had more reps as opposed to the 1st game when he was just brought back.About keeping it real, didn't the Giants beat the Patiots and their high powered offense? You know the Falcons where noting to laugh about offensively either? So I guess hey all had bad games then.

njg85m
08-08-2012, 02:38 PM
We deserve all the credit in the world. But few players don't blame themselves for turnovers or bad plays. I mean they gave up a Hail Mary. Thats just bad play.

For what it's worth, the packers weren't playing that hail mary, they (and most other people) were expecting a quick pass to get a few more yards for a FG.
Fact is, Hakeem just out timed and out jumped them on a play that not many people were expecting pre snap. I don't really consider that bad play on their part, I consider it getting out played.

TextureDj
Yes...the Packers beat themselves...just like my older brother use to grab my arms and make me hit myself in the face. If I compare the Giants to my older brother and me as the Packers, then yes, it is safe to say that the Packers beat themselves.
Post of the week

Morehead State
Question is, why does Mathews think it is preferable to say they did not play well (and by extension did not prepare well) in the playoff game--by his own admission the "game that counted"-- as opposed to admitting that they lost to a team that played better than them that day? If he believes that's true, that should be shameful and embarrassing to him, not a justification for losing.

Maybe this will make him feel better. His team can watch it together after Thanksgiving Day practice"

http://youtu.be/KIKDeCdNkf4[/VIDEO]
You guys think this is a way bigger deal than it is. He just thinks they gave the game away. Given their performance, I don't blame him.
Why is this a big deal to you guys? I think thats the real question here. Are we Giants fans so thin skinned and needy?

Rodgers12
08-08-2012, 02:42 PM
We dropped 8 passes and gave up that hail mary. Plus Rodgers missed Jennings on a wide open touchdown. Man that loss still hurts. Hopefully we can bounce back from it.

gmen46
08-08-2012, 02:42 PM
Playing badly and losing usually is interpreted as "beating themselves". Its football 101. No one cares what the other team did in the end.
We definately beat ourselves against the Eagles in Jan. 2009. Its not a slam on the Eagles to think so.
If a Giants player came out and said "the Eagles didn't beat us, we beat ourselves" after that game, no one would bat an eye, or think anyone was whining or being a bad sport (except eagles fans).
Gotta keep it real here people.

It may be common for a losing player / team to feel that way--especially right after the game when emotions at highest (or lowest) level. But if you want to "keep it real", the fact is that when one says they beat themselves in a big game "that counts the most", Seven Months Later, that comes across as whining, I don't care you are.

You're taking your fear of being considered a homer too far here.

Buddy333
08-08-2012, 02:47 PM
Agree about the timing of his statements. No, I don't really think its a big deal, but is words where chosen poorly and it's funny because his unit was so bad all year. Not just that game. So I guess he is calling out his offense. Either way, he should have just said the better team won. That or just say you think the Giants where lucky or your offense choked. So what is it?

gmen46
08-08-2012, 02:49 PM
You guys think this is a way bigger deal than it is. He just thinks they gave the game away. Given their performance, I don't blame him.
Why is this a big deal to you guys? I think thats the real question here. Are we Giants fans so thin skinned and needy?

Don't put me in with "you guys". I don't think it's a big deal whatsoever. You, however, seem to.

I honestly don't know why thinking one's team played it's worst game of the year, in the biggest game of the year for his team (after 2 weeks to prepare, no less), makes him feel better than admitting they got their *** whipped that day--especially by the team that went on to win the Championship.

Which is more shameful to feel?

njg85m
08-08-2012, 02:49 PM
We dropped 8 passes and gave up that hail mary. Plus Rodgers missed Jennings on a wide open touchdown. Man that loss still hurts. Hopefully we can bounce back from it.

You were also gift wrapped 15 yards and a first down when you would have been punting and given a free first down on a fumble that Stevie Wonder could see clear as day. Not to mention the horrendous spot that led to a Giants punt in which was clearly a 1st down by about 5 feet. It works both ways dude....

Face it, the Giants prepared for you perfectly and won. End of story.

Buddy333
08-08-2012, 02:51 PM
Didn't their TE have the drops all year?

Morehead State
08-08-2012, 02:54 PM
Don't put me in with "you guys". I don't think it's a big deal whatsoever. You, however, seem to.

I honestly don't know why thinking one's team played it's worst game of the year, in the biggest game of the year for his team (after 2 weeks to prepare, no less), makes him feel better than admitting they got their *** whipped that day--especially by the team that went on to win the Championship.

Which is more shameful to feel?
The only reason I am commenting on this thread is because I hate those "we don't get no respect" threads. Its either ESPN, Mike Francessa, "the media", Deon Sanders or whoever. Now its Clay Matthews.
What the guy said is a common attitude from a team that played a horrible game in the playoffs and got beat. Its no big deal.

Fuhgeddaboutit
08-08-2012, 02:55 PM
You people are so sensitive, holy ****.

Stop feeling insecure and feeling horrible about getting media coverage.

It's the NFL, not the GFL

njsean
08-08-2012, 02:58 PM

Plus Eli got creamed after throwing the pass with no roughing call, before missing a wide open receiver and throwing an INT. Plus Diehl missed a few blocking assignments in the game. Plus JPP noticed a girl in the stands on one play and got distracted. Plus Eli had gas at some point and throw an incompletion.

You guys sound like the Falcons after the playoff game you beat them in when they were the number one seed. Pretty sad.

gmen46
08-08-2012, 03:00 PM
The only reason I am commenting on this thread is because I hate those "we don't get no respect" threads. Its either ESPN, Mike Francessa, "the media", Deon Sanders or whoever. Now its Clay Matthews.
What the guy said is a common attitude from a team that played a horrible game in the playoffs and got beat. Its no big deal.

You're right. It's no big deal.

Mathews, however, believes it is a big deal and is making it such to the media by making this statement 7 months after the fact. It makes him sound like a cry-baby fool, and some in the media are calling him out on it. It's not just "overly sensitive Giants fans" on this board who are doing that.

Bad for him, good for them.

njsean
08-08-2012, 03:00 PM

Do you just like being a contrarian or are you actually serious with this?

Let me put it this way. They played about as well as the Falcons, 9ers, and Patriots played.

njsean
08-08-2012, 03:03 PM
You people are so sensitive, holy ****.

Stop feeling insecure and feeling horrible about getting media coverage.

It's the NFL, not the GFL

Try to avoid generalizing people just because they disagree with you. This is a message board. People are going to write their opinions, and just because people's opinions are that Clay Matthew's is being arrogant and disrespectful by continuing to public diminish the role the Giants had in their loss does not mean people are oversensitive. Perhaps you're just oversensitive to people having an opinion. See how easy this is?

Now you can call me oversensitive back.

Fuhgeddaboutit
08-08-2012, 03:09 PM
Try to avoid generalizing people just because they disagree with you. This is a message board. People are going to write their opinions, and just because people's opinions are that Clay Matthew's is being arrogant and disrespectful by continuing to public diminish the role the Giants had in their loss does not mean people are oversensitive. Perhaps you're just oversensitive to people having an opinion. See how easy this is?

"you people" as in those that are oversensitive.

Now your post just makes you look like narcissistic.

Morehead State
08-08-2012, 03:11 PM
You're right. It's no big deal.

Mathews, however, believes it is a big deal and is making it such to the media by making this statement 7 months after the fact. It makes him sound like a cry-baby fool, and some in the media are calling him out on it. It's not just "overly sensitive Giants fans" on this board who are doing that.

Bad for him, good for them.
I think being 15-1, and losing to a 9-7 team at home with 37 points allowed and 4 turnovers and a crapload of dropped passes should be a HUGE deal.

I think commenting that "we beat ourselves" should NOT be a big deal to football fans.

Morehead State
08-08-2012, 03:13 PM

You're oversensitive.

I do what I'm told.
Now go have a good cry and it'll all be OK.

Rudyy
08-08-2012, 03:13 PM
Of course it's not a "huge deal", it's just a stupid remark.

njg85m
08-08-2012, 03:28 PM
I have a few MB pet peaves. One of them is the "Giants don't get no respect" nonsense.
I tend to respond with sarcasm. Of course I tend to respond with sarcasm for just about anything. Just Morehead being Morehead.

I agree for the most part, but I will say that when we do deserve some media credit, we rarely get it. (Ex - after arguably the biggest upset in SB history we aren't on the cover of any major sports magazines). Still, we play better when we have something to prove, so I'm actually happy about it.

People need to understand that the Giants are a boring team as far as the entertainment sports media is concerned, end of story. Could you imagine Hard Knocks if the Giants were the focus? Watching paint dry would be more entertaining to most fans.

Is anyone going to watch the NFL network if a large portion of the coverage is about how well behaved our players are, how they respect the coaches during practice, don't get in fights, drive drunk, or get arrested every other day? No, they won't. Let's face it, we're not very interesting to the masses because we never really have any major controversy. The only time we dominated regular season coverage in recent years is when Plax decided to shoot himself.

I'm fine with it personally. I'd much rather not get much attention and be a disciplined team then be a media sensation because someone is always fighting or running their mouths and their QB is out trying to rape high school girls.

gmen46
08-08-2012, 03:29 PM
I think being 15-1, and losing to a 9-7 team at home with 37 points allowed and 4 turnovers and a crapload of dropped passes should be a HUGE deal.

I think commenting that "we beat ourselves" should NOT be a big deal to football fans.

You mean it's a deal as huge as being 18-0 and losing to a 13-6 team?

Or do you mean it's as huge a deal as being 15-3 and losing to a 12-7 team?

I don't recall anyone actually on the Patriots crying about how they "beat themselves" 7 months later either year, do you?

I think you're making a distinction that matters to no one but you.

Morehead State
08-08-2012, 03:30 PM
Of course it's not a "huge deal", it's just a stupid remark.
Even if you think so its essentially what any player in the same boat would think. If you say he shouldn't have said it thats fine but I couldn't care less if he did or not.
I don't need everybody else to love my team. We got the ring and they don't. If you need to say something the media to motivate yourself for next season...bring it.

gmen46
08-08-2012, 03:33 PM
I agree for the most part, but I will say that when we do deserve some media credit, we rarely get it. (Ex - after arguably the biggest upset in SB history we aren't on the cover of any major sports magazines). Still, we play better when we have something to prove, so I'm actually happy about it.

People need to understand that the Giants are a boring team as far as the entertainment sports media is concerned, end of story. Could you imagine Hard Knocks if the Giants were the focus? Watching paint dry would be more entertaining.

Is anyone going to watch the NFL network if a large portion of the coverage is about how well behaved our players are, how they respect the coaches during practice, don't get in fights, drive drunk, or get arrested every other day? No, they won't. Let's face it, we're not very interesting to the masses because we never really have any major controversy. The only time we dominated regular season coverage in recent years is when Plax decided to shoot himself.

I'm fine with it personally. I'd much rather not get much attention and be a disciplined team then be a media sensation because someone is always fighting or running their mouths and their QB is out trying to rape high school girls.

You're 100% correct.

Of course, Diehl did try to make things more sports media friendly, but it just didn't take. :angry:

Morehead State
08-08-2012, 03:33 PM
You mean it's a deal as huge as being 18-0 and losing to a 13-6 team?

Or do you mean it's as huge a deal as being 15-3 and losing to a 12-7 team?

I don't recall anyone actually on the Patriots crying about how they "beat themselves" 7 months later either year, do you?

I think you're making a distinction that matters to no one but you.
Pats didn't play badly at all in that game. They scored with two plus minutes left in the game to take the lead by 4. Giants defense was awesome in that game. It was just a great football game with a great ending.
The Giants/Packers game was a sloppy game by GB. Way to many unforced errors. They didn't play at all like defending SB champs.
If you think they played well then you have a right to your opinion. But you won't find many who would agree with you.

njsean
08-08-2012, 03:52 PM
"you people" as in those that are oversensitive.

Now your post just makes you look like narcissistic.

And who are those people? You're just assuming anyone is because you're oversensitive.

Fuhgeddaboutit
08-08-2012, 03:53 PM
And who are those people? You're just assuming anyone is because you're oversensitive.

Where is the logic in that? Don't answer to a post that wasn't directed TO you.

"you people" were the ones that are oversensitive. If you're going to answer to my post about "you people", then you're proving to be oversensitive OR narcissistic.

No one's assuming. People aren't sensitive? I must have missed something.

njsean
08-08-2012, 03:56 PM
Where is the logic in that? Don't answer to a post that wasn't directed TO you.

"you people" were the ones that are oversensitive. If you're going to answer to my post about "you people", then you're proving to be oversensitive OR narcissistic.

No one's assuming. People aren't sensitive? I must have missed something.

You said you people. I'm asking what people? You seemed pretty exasperated by these people in your post. Hmm, you seem pretty sensitive about it. Maybe even overly.

Fuhgeddaboutit
08-08-2012, 03:58 PM
You said you people. I'm asking what people? You seemed pretty exasperated by these people in your post. Hmm, you seem pretty sensitive about it. Maybe even overly.

LOL ok. Your posts make absolutely no sense.

njsean
08-08-2012, 04:01 PM
Pats didn't play badly at all in that game. They scored with two plus minutes left in the game to take the lead by 4. Giants defense was awesome in that game. It was just a great football game with a great ending.
The Giants/Packers game was a sloppy game by GB. Way to many unforced errors. They didn't play at all like defending SB champs.
If you think they played well then you have a right to your opinion. But you won't find many who would agree with you.

Define unforced errors. How do you know which drops were caused by hesitation from earlier hits? How do you know what errand passes were thrown by a rattled quarterback? It just seems like you're dug in now and are reaching.

Buddy333
08-08-2012, 04:02 PM
I'm not into the media hates the Giants thing, but he was wrong to say what he said. Stop telling me how they did it to themselves. They had so many call go heir way and so many calls not go the Giants way that game. Eli was getting creamed that game and didn't get one call. Green Bay lost and looked bad because the Giants defense made them look that way. It's the same thing they did to all the teams they played in the post season. Lol. He plays on the unit that was horrible all year and he says they beat themselves. Well the defensive unit you played for was bad all year. So I guess he is calling ou the offense? He was supposed to take the high road on this subject. I don't think it desrespeced the Gianys. I think it just wasn't that smart to say.

njsean
08-08-2012, 04:03 PM
LOL ok. Your posts make absolutely no sense.

So now they're insensitive?

Buddy333
08-08-2012, 04:06 PM
Lol. So the defense played well in the Super Bowl but where not the reason why Green Bay looked so bad? Please go watch the game again. The defense was in Rogers face all game. They where a different unit form the 1st time they played. A healthy Tuck and Osi made a huge difference. Add a healthy KP and more experienced Prince and the secondary was also better. Don't forget the 1st time they played was he 1st game back for Chase. You dont think he was a little better with more game time under his belt the 2nd game? The Giants defense made Green Bay look bad. They took care ofe every team in the playoffs and they played some very good offenses.

gmen46
08-08-2012, 04:32 PM

Putting words in my mouth. Where did I ever say the Packers did,or did not, play well? Nowhere.

My point in this thread is, and has consistently been, what difference does that make at the end of the game?

Either the Giants played much better than them in that game (and do you seriously, honestly deny that?), or this "great" Packers team failed to prepare adequately--with 2 weeks to prepare, btw--and failed to perform at their assumed expected superior level, for the biggest, most important game of the season to that point.

Do you really believe failing to be ready and able to perform at their anticipated level is better--and more excusable-- than being outplayed by an opponent? Would Vince Lombardi (turning over in his grave right now, because of Matthews' comments) find this attitude acceptable from HIS Packers?

By the way, do you actually think I care about---"But you won't find many who would agree with you"? Only in elections does the "many who agree with you" matter to me. Regarding opinions, it doesn't.

I'm actually surprised you resorted to that mundane fall-back (often used by a select few on this board), because I didn't think you care about that either.

Buddy333
08-08-2012, 04:37 PM
By the way, I really don't think he was throwing a jab at the Giants. Players say it all the time. Maybe he should have just said the better team won that day. Even the title of this article is misleading. I mean did he really fire back? He just said they did what they had to do to win and he didn't think Green Bay laid down. I copied this from another thread about what Tuck said.

ChuckKnoxx
08-08-2012, 04:47 PM
By the way, I really don't think he was throwing a jab at the Giants. Players say it all the time. Maybe he should have just said the better team won that day. Even the title of this article is misleading. I mean did he really fire back? He just said they did what they had to do to win and he didn't think Green Bay laid down. I copied this from another thread about what Tuck said.

I don't think Mathews was taking a shot necessarily either. He is just extremely delusional. Him and plenty more like him can not fathom how a 9-7 team beat the hell out of everyone, completely ignoring his own similar history.

Morehead State
08-08-2012, 05:08 PM
Define unforced errors. How do you know which drops were caused by hesitation from earlier hits? How do you know what errand passes were thrown by a rattled quarterback? It just seems like you're dug in now and are reaching.
Right....and this post isn't reaching......

njsean
08-08-2012, 05:12 PM
Right....and this post isn't reaching......

Are you saying our defense didn't get in Rodgers face or have their WRs listening to footsteps?

Morehead State
08-08-2012, 05:12 PM
Putting words in my mouth. Where did I ever say the Packers did,or did not, play well? Nowhere.

My point in this thread is, and has consistently been, what difference does that make at the end of the game?

Either the Giants played much better than them in that game (and do you seriously, honestly deny that?), or this "great" Packers team failed to prepare adequately--with 2 weeks to prepare, btw--and failed to perform at their assumed expected superior level, for the biggest, most important game of the season to that point.

Do you really believe failing to be ready and able to perform at their anticipated level is better--and more excusable-- than being outplayed by an opponent? Would Vince Lombardi (turning over in his grave right now, because of Matthews' comments) find this attitude acceptable from HIS Packers?

By the way, do you actually think I care about---"But you won't find many who would agree with you"? Only in elections does the "many who agree with you" matter to me. Regarding opinions, it doesn't.

I'm actually surprised you resorted to that mundane fall-back (often used by a select few on this board), because I didn't think you care about that either.
If its what you beleive then I'm fine with your view whether any one else agrees or not. But here's the point. If a player believes that he and his team played badly, its reasonable to say that they beat themselves. If you think they played well then you disagree. But you can't argue that its a reasonable position to say that the Packers played poorly.

Morehead State
08-08-2012, 05:14 PM
Are you saying our defense didn't get in Rodgers face or have their WRs listening to footsteps?
What I'm saying is that the Packers didn't play well. therefore its reasonable to say that they beat themselves.
Again, if you think they played well and we just played better then thats fine. I think thats nuts, but you are entitled to your opinion.

njsean
08-08-2012, 05:16 PM
It's reasonable to say every team that ever loses plays worse than the one that won. That's why they lost.

njsean
08-08-2012, 05:17 PM
What I'm saying is that the Packers didn't play well. therefore its reasonable to say that they beat themselves.
Again, if you think they played well and we just played better then thats fine. I think thats nuts, but you are entitled to your opinion.

Why are those the only two choices? Where's C? They played poorly because the Giants made it look that way by playing better, so therefore it's reasonable to say they simply got beat.

You think that conclusion is nuts?

Fuhgeddaboutit
08-08-2012, 05:18 PM
It's reasonable to say every team that ever loses plays worse than the one that won. That's why they lost.

Okay and? They lost the game. They played worse than how they usually play.

I still don't get what the problem is?

It's not hard to see.

njsean
08-08-2012, 05:22 PM

It's not hard to see.

Because that perspective fails to take into consideration the other team's impact in the game. We don't usually get spanked the way we do when we play the Saints. We played worse than we normally do....Know why?..Because the Saints spanked us.

Morehead State
08-08-2012, 05:24 PM

It's not hard to see.
I don't think Matthews is claiming that they didn't get beat. It seems to me he's saying that if they had played the way they had played all season, the way I'm sure he believed they were capable of, they would have won the game. Now we can argue that point, but its what he's clearly saying.
Now in 2009 we got beat by the Eagles. Thats clear. But I beleive if we had played the way we were capable, we would have won that game as well. I definately believe that we beat ourselves in that game. But I'm not denying we got beat.

Fuhgeddaboutit
08-08-2012, 05:25 PM
I don't think Matthews is claiming that they didn't get beat. It seems to me he's saying that if they had played the way they had played all season, the way I'm sure he believed they were capable of, they would have won the game. Now we can argue that point, but its what he's clearly saying.
Now in 2009 we got beat by the Eagles. Thats clear. But I beleive if we had played the way we were capable, we would have won that game as well. I definately believe that we beat ourselves in that game. But I'm not denying we got beat.

Exactly, so Clay Mathews didn't say anything wrong. I agree

Morehead State
08-08-2012, 05:26 PM
Because that perspective fails to take into consideration the other team's impact in the game. We don't usually get spanked the way we do when we play the Saints. We played worse than we normally do....Know why?..Because the Saints spanked us.
Guess what...sometimes team play bad football games.

njsean
08-08-2012, 05:28 PM

But where do you draw the line? That's my problem with this line of thinking. Most any game a person can rationalize this about. If we played the way we were capable, we could go undefeated. But we don't.

And therein lies my issues with Matthews. It's a pointless remark that voicing only demonstrates hubris.

njsean
08-08-2012, 05:31 PM
Guess what...sometimes team play bad football games.

Yeah, which coincidentally often coincides with a team playing dominant football.

Morehead State
08-08-2012, 05:39 PM
But where do you draw the line? That's my problem with this line of thinking. Most any game a person can rationalize this about. If we played the way we were capable, we could go undefeated. But we don't.

And therein lies my issues with Matthews. It's a pointless remark that voicing only demonstrates hubris.
If you say so.

Rodgers12
08-08-2012, 05:48 PM
We will see you guys again November 25th. I think we will play our hearts out in that one to get revenge.

gmen46
08-08-2012, 05:52 PM
If its what you beleive then I'm fine with your view whether any one else agrees or not. But here's the point. If a player believes that he and his team played badly, its reasonable to say that they beat themselves. If you think they played well then you disagree. But you can't argue that its a reasonable position to say that the Packers played poorly.

Again, missing my point (unless you're just ****ing with me, in which case "oh well").

It's not really a "reasonable" position for Mathews to take, actually. You can think it's "understandable" for him to take that position. Completely different meaning.

But after 7 months have elapsed, it's no longer even understandable. It's delusional whining, and various writers and pundits are beginning to call him out on it (beginning with Vacchiano, but it won't end with him)

It would be "understandable" for the Cowboys to think they "beat themselves" in Week 17. But not reasonable. And I don't hear any of them saying it.

Even Rex, notorious for saying publicly and often how they "beat themselves" in big games, could have "understandably" made the claim, yet I don't recall him saying that after our Week 16 game. I'm sure he thought it. But he didn't say it (he was most likely too embarrassed-even for him--to say it). Or maybe Jacobs intimidated him into silence.

The Packers didn't barely lose by a play or two, or by a bad ref call or two, or by a bad play call or two. There was no "shooting themselves in the foot" that game, which is usually a cause for claiming a team "beat themselves".

They got humiliated that game. And again, does it truly matter if that humiliation was due to being outplayed by the opponent, or if it was because they didn't come to play that day? Either should be a humbling experience, in my opinion, and actually to say that they didn't come to play that day is more shameful to admit, frankly.

I honestly don't care what Matthews says. That's not what my posts have been about. I certainly don't take it personally. Why should I? He's not attacking me. I never engage in the "Giants get no respect" threads as a rule. Not because I don't agree with that sentiment necessarily, but because I'm used to that attitude from the sports media in general. For years now. So what? I long ago got over it, and accept it as a natural course of events. And also because I'm sure that 75-80% of other teams fans feel the same way about their team's treatment by the media as well.

I'm engaging in this specific one only because I think Matthews has made a royal fool of himself with these comments and I find it entertaining to give my perspective on his comments. It's not his "disrespect" of the Giants I care about or object to. It's the lack of self-awareness displayed by him with these specific remarks, as I've tried multiple times to describe and critique.

He does not make himself--or his team--look any better professionally with these remarks.

BuffyBlueII
08-08-2012, 06:06 PM
Clay Matthews is taking a jab at NY Giants and he is making a fool of himself just like Aaron Rodgers did with his comments. NY Giants learned from the game in the regular season and jumped all over Green Bay Packers making sure referrees couldnt steal the game like the one in the regular season. We knocked Green Bay Packers off their high horse and they are still whining about it as are their crybaby fans. We didn't give Green Bay Packers a chance to beat themselves because we came out and smacked the taste out their mouths and did it quite easily. That is what they can't accept. When we are healthy, Green Bay Packers just don't match up with us.

I bELIeve.

old username- buffyblue

Rodgers12
08-08-2012, 06:09 PM
If we catch those 8 dropped passes, dont give up a hail mary and Rodgers hits Jennings wide open for that touchdown we match up with you guys well. Im not taking anything away from you guys. You have a great football team and we respect you alot. We weren't on our game that day. If we were it would have been a very close game.

gmen46
08-08-2012, 06:10 PM

Again, missing my point (unless you're just ****ing with me, in which case "oh well").

It's not really a "reasonable" position for Mathews to take, actually. You can think it's "understandable" for him to take that position. Completely different meaning.

But after 7 months have elapsed, it's no longer even understandable. It's delusional whining, and various writers and pundits are beginning to call him out on it (beginning with Vacchiano, but it won't end with him)

It would be "understandable" for the Cowboys to think they "beat themselves" in Week 17. But not reasonable. And I don't hear any of them saying it.

Even Rex, notorious for saying publicly and often how they "beat themselves" in big games, could have "understandably" made the claim, yet I don't recall him saying that after our Week 16 game. I'm sure he thought it. But he didn't say it (he was most likely too embarrassed-even for him--to say it). Or maybe Jacobs intimidated him into silence.

The Packers didn't barely lose by a play or two, or by a bad ref call or two, or by a bad play call or two. There was no "shooting themselves in the foot" that game, which is usually a cause for claiming a team "beat themselves".

They got humiliated that game. And again, does it truly matter if that humiliation was due to being outplayed by the opponent, or if it was because they didn't come to play that day? Either should be a humbling experience, in my opinion, and actually to say that they didn't come to play that day is more shameful to admit, frankly.

I honestly don't care what Matthews says. That's not what my posts have been about. I certainly don't take it personally. Why should I? He's not attacking me. I never engage in the "Giants get no respect" threads as a rule. Not because I don't agree with that sentiment necessarily, but because I'm used to that attitude from the sports media in general. For years now. So what? I long ago got over it, and accept it as a natural course of events. And also because I'm sure that 75-80% of other teams fans feel the same way about their team's treatment by the media as well.

I'm engaging in this specific one only because I think Matthews has made a royal fool of himself with these comments and I find it entertaining to give my perspective on his comments. It's not his "disrespect" of the Giants I care about or object to. It's the lack of self-awareness displayed by him with these specific remarks, as I've tried multiple times to describe and critique.

He does not make himself--or his team--look any better professionally with these remarks.

byron
08-08-2012, 06:16 PM
We will see you guys again November 25th. I think we will play our hearts out in that one to get revenge. well good luck to ya should be a great game !.... just so you know we're gonna keep the trophy ;)

giantyankee1976
08-08-2012, 07:06 PM
God this is second time we've come away from a long NFL season with a Lombardi trophy and get no respect from the league. Just irks the hell out of me to no end! I hope we lay down the law on some teams this year....

Giants and SB's are reflected in he who is Eli.

It's a microcosm really.

The beloved spretty boy picks get up-ended by the square-jaw, lunch pail types...

ergo, in spite of success, the outsiders still throw dirt on you.

Rodgers12
08-08-2012, 11:18 PM
I myself cant believe the hatred Packer fans have for the Giants on our board. http://www.packerforum.com/threads/what-team-do-you-want-to-see-flop-this-season.37669/

BuffyBlueII
08-09-2012, 02:18 AM
That board is full of despicable creatures. They are such sore losers it oa comical.

njsean
08-09-2012, 09:48 AM
I myself cant believe the hatred Packer fans have for the Giants on our board. http://www.packerforum.com/threads/what-team-do-you-want-to-see-flop-this-season.37669/

We give them reason to hate us. We've crush their dreams twice. The Patriot fans dont care for us much either. But I think it's worse for the Packer fans. My in-laws live in GB. I had my wedding reception at Lambeau . I'm very familiar with that town. And all they have their football team. So it's extra sweet when we keep beating them when it counts.

You guys are hardly an after thought for us, only getting attention when one of your players says something stupid.

Morehead State
08-09-2012, 10:39 AM
We give them reason to hate us. We've crush their dreams twice. The Patriot fans dont care for us much either. But I think it's worse for the Packer fans. My in-laws live in GB. I had my wedding reception at Lambeau . I'm very familiar with that town. And all they have their football team. So it's extra sweet when we keep beating them when it counts.

You guys are hardly an after thought for us, only getting attention when one of your players says something stupid.
My wedding was at the Vatican and the Pope officiated.
He's actually a cool guy!

Fuhgeddaboutit
08-09-2012, 10:44 AM
That board is full of despicable creatures. They are such sore losers it oa comical.

Yeah, I know.

njsean
08-09-2012, 10:56 AM
My wedding was at the Vatican and the Pope officiated.
He's actually a cool guy!

That's.....cool?

Redeyejedi
08-09-2012, 12:12 PM
I love how the Packer fans whine about 9-7 team winning when they won as a 10-6 team the year before. They couldnt stop the giants Offense in either game. How about u make a big play Clay. Let me guess U were getting tested and couldnt hit the needle that week

Rodgers12
08-09-2012, 01:10 PM

We beat you last year when it counted. That game propelled us to the super bowl.

Fuhgeddaboutit
08-09-2012, 01:10 PM
We beat you last year when it counted. That game propelled us to the super bowl.

And the Giants didn't beat the Packers when it counted? Game took us to the SB.

Rodgers12
08-09-2012, 01:18 PM
And the Giants didn't beat the Packers when it counted? Game took us to the SB.
Yeah you did. That game hurts too much. Lets talk about the year before lol.

BuffyBlueII
08-09-2012, 01:23 PM
I love how the Packer fans whine about 9-7 team winning when they won as a 10-6 team the year before. They couldnt stop the giants Offense in either game. How about u make a big play Clay. Let me guess U were getting tested and couldnt hit the needle that week

The thing is that we won our division so when they cry about our record it is meaningless. They backed in the year before as a wildcard and only because Jay Cutler threw those picks in the endzone giving the game away for Chicago Bears.

BuffyBlueII
08-09-2012, 01:24 PM

Eli Manning has won every postseason game he has ever played in at Lambeau Field.

SweetZombieJesus
08-09-2012, 04:05 PM

The thing is the Eagles get credit for the hangover from the week before in 2010... The victim was already stunned. Who did the Packers face the week before in 2011? They had a bye week.

BlueBlitzer
08-09-2012, 06:26 PM
Hey Clay boy. Maybe that WAS you're best football. Go ask the Falcons, Niners, and Patriots if they werren't beat. So sitting on you're couch watching Big Blue win another SB scortched you're Butt Huh ? Welcome to the National Football League. It ain't over, til the Fat Trophy Blings.

Rodgers12
08-10-2012, 12:01 AM
Eli Manning has won every postseason game he has ever played in at Lambeau Field.
So what? Rodgers has won every game he has played in Met Life stadium.

BuffyBlueII
08-10-2012, 01:19 AM
So what? Rodgers has won every game he has played in Met Life stadium.

He has never won a postseason game there now has he?

Green Bay Packers have been beaten four times in postseason at Lambeau Field and two of those are by Eli Manning and NY Giants. Everyone knows that irks the **** out of you and the rest of your crybaby fanbase.

I bELIeve.

Rodgers12
08-10-2012, 01:24 AM
He has never won a postseason game there now has he?

Green Bay Packers have been beaten four times in postseason at Lambeau Field and two of those are by Eli Manning and NY Giants. Everyone knows that irks the **** out of you and the rest of your crybaby fanbase.

I bELIeve.
The Giants wont win it all this year. This willl be the year the Pack will be back. I hope we see you again in the playoffs and end your season.

OX1
08-10-2012, 08:21 AM
The Giants wont win it all this year. This willl be the year the Pack will be back. I hope we see you again in the playoffs and end your season.

Yeah, you guys took over right where you left off. 3 turnovers and no points in one 1/4 with your #1's

Roswell777
08-10-2012, 08:21 AM
We match up well with them and their defense is very suspect.

GMENAGAIN
08-10-2012, 09:59 AM
Yeah, you guys took over right where you left off. 3 turnovers and no points in one 1/4 with your #1's

You realize that was a preseason game, right?

BuffyBlueII
08-10-2012, 02:50 PM
These Green Bay Packers are the sorest losers ever. They whine and cry and make excuae after excuse. If ia amazing how those clowns actually think there is any veracity in the cry baby nonsense that they preach.I bELIeve.old username- buffyblue

Fuhgeddaboutit
08-10-2012, 03:00 PM

Lol, for real.

This was preseason.

The Chargers starts actually looked good though.

Stark looking pretty bad as usual. Running game will be their Achilles heal.

OX1
08-10-2012, 03:22 PM

HAHA!! Yeah, but you might have thought since they supposedly "played so far below their
normal level of play" and got blown out in the playoffs, they might have wanted to come out
and try to look good..........

sharick88
08-10-2012, 11:10 PM
Andrew Dice Clay Matthews doing stand up.