PDA

View Full Version : Newsroom

Fuhgeddaboutit
08-08-2012, 10:50 AM
Does anyone here watch Newsroom? Up to episode 3 and I love this show. Will is an awesome character

wankristan
08-13-2012, 10:11 AM
Yeah Last Sunnday I have seen this show it's a good drama series. I liked this show 2 episodes. In which all main character play vital role.........

Moke
08-13-2012, 10:12 AM
I guess not many people actually watch this.

NYG 5
08-16-2012, 09:29 PM
i watch it, its a fantastic show. also depressing

Morehead State
08-20-2012, 12:01 PM
i watch it, its a fantastic show. also depressing
Its way too far left. Self important drival. Like Jeff Daniels performances but that chick is horrendous.

Moke
08-20-2012, 01:08 PM
Its way too far left. Self important drival. Like Jeff Daniels performances but that chick is horrendous.

His ex-girlfriend (forgot her name) or Olivia Munn?

Morehead State
08-20-2012, 01:34 PM
His ex-girlfriend (forgot her name) or Olivia Munn?
The ex girlfriend. She's a rediculous and unbeleivable character.

Moke
08-20-2012, 01:48 PM
The ex girlfriend. She's a rediculous and unbeleivable character.

Good point. I'm not a huge fan of her either to be honest.

Morehead State
08-20-2012, 01:53 PM
Good point. I'm not a huge fan of her either to be honest.
I mean she's supposedly been dodging bullets in a war zone for several years and they expect the audience to believe that she's some kind of emotional basket case in a cable newsroom.
Just rediculous writing.

Morehead State
08-20-2012, 02:03 PM
Havind said that I do think the Jeff Daniels character is well performed.

Moke
08-20-2012, 02:09 PM
Havind said that I do think the Jeff Daniels character is well performed.

I never took him seriously, and his performance is amazing. Reason why I love the show - him, Charlie, and that blonde girl is pretty cool.

MattMeyerBud
08-22-2012, 05:26 PM
I mean she's supposedly been dodging bullets in a war zone for several years and they expect the audience to believe that she's some kind of emotional basket case in a cable newsroom.
Just rediculous writing.

soooo your general point is that anybody whose ever been in war zones typically doesn't have emotional breakdowns when they get back?

great analysis

Morehead State
08-22-2012, 06:55 PM
soooo your general point is that anybody whose ever been in war zones typically doesn't have emotional breakdowns when they get back?

great analysis
Thanks Matt. I thought it was well reasoned too!

MattMeyerBud
08-22-2012, 07:42 PM
Thanks Matt. I thought it was well reasoned too!

I miss pointing out the flaws in your comments

Morehead State
08-22-2012, 08:51 PM
I miss pointing out the flaws in your comments
When you've been through hell you get some perspective. You don't let petty things bother you.
Her character is not believable. It just doesn't work.
Love Jeff Daniels character, but that chick is a poorly written and performed character.

MattMeyerBud
08-22-2012, 09:25 PM
When you've been through hell you get some perspective. You don't let petty things bother you.
Her character is not believable. It just doesn't work.
Love Jeff Daniels character, but that chick is a poorly written and performed character.

Eh I can deal with her nit being a good character but your heavily under estimating the female physche. And this idea you have that All people have the same reactions is just false. I can introduce you to some people that have come back from Iraq that are hardened emotionally from it but also others who are broken from it.

I don't mind your opinion, just your reasoning for it. I actually think they portray the whole perspective thing your referring to, in her "business" side.

Quite frankly I hate the blonde and that whole love story. I think it's way too forced. But I do love the show and Harry's (Jeff Daniels) character is greatly written and acted. It's a wishful thinking show

Morehead State
08-22-2012, 09:43 PM
Eh I can deal with her nit being a good character but your heavily under estimating the female physche. And this idea you have that All people have the same reactions is just false. I can introduce you to some people that have come back from Iraq that are hardened emotionally from it but also others who are broken from it.

I don't mind your opinion, just your reasoning for it. I actually think they portray the whole perspective thing your referring to, in her "business" side.

Quite frankly I hate the blonde and that whole love story. I think it's way too forced. But I do love the show and Harry's (Jeff Daniels) character is greatly written and acted. It's a wishful thinking show
I've been watching but I'm not sure for how much longer. Yes the blonde chick is also a waste of airtime. Focus on Jeff Daniels and stop being so leftist. There are only a few more months with Barack anyways.

JPizzack
08-27-2012, 12:35 PM
I've been watching but I'm not sure for how much longer. Yes the blonde chick is also a waste of airtime. Focus on Jeff Daniels and stop being so leftist. There are only a few more months with Barack anyways.

It's not about being "leftist".....he admitted he's more conservative. The point of the ENTIRE SHOW is to call out all the lying bull****, on both sides of the spectrum, not showing political association. And I love the show for that reason. The theme of the show is basically "I dont care who you are. Stop lying to the public"...

Moke
08-27-2012, 01:17 PM
Haven't gotten the chance to watch the last 2 episodes, but I really think I am going to later on in the week. Thank god it's over so I can catch up with 2 more episodes before anything good in the fall comes along.

Morehead State
08-27-2012, 01:26 PM
It's not about being "leftist".....he admitted he's more conservative. The point of the ENTIRE SHOW is to call out all the lying bull****, on both sides of the spectrum, not showing political association. And I love the show for that reason. The theme of the show is basically "I dont care who you are. Stop lying to the public"...
Yet nothing he does or says is conservative at all. Its a show written by those on the left suggesting that "real republicans are simple people that agree with Democrats. Its a rediculous point of view. . People on the left always fail to understand what real conservatism is. Its a belief in the individual and not the government. Its an essential belief in the human spirit. He knocks the tea party and calls them all kinds of names when he fails to understand what the "Tea Party" movement is. Its born of a basic frustration that after the stimulus, we have no accountablity from our ghovernment, that half of all Americsans were completely shut out of the process. And that its our children who will bear the brunt. The very people who tend to support Democrats (younger people) are the ones who will be the most negatively impacted by run away spending.
This show is simply a Democratic view of what a good Republican should be in their minds. To them the answer is a Democrat.
And that chick was even more obnoxious in yesterday's show. I had to turn it off after the first 30 minutes.

JPizzack
08-27-2012, 01:40 PM
Yet nothing he does or says is conservative at all. Its a show written by those on the left suggesting that "real republicans are simple people that agree with Democrats. Its a rediculous point of view. . People on the left always fail to understand what real conservatism is. Its a belief in the individual and not the government. Its an essential belief in the human spirit. He knocks the tea party and calls them all kinds of names when he fails to understand what the "Tea Party" movement is. Its born of a basic frustration that after the stimulus, we have no accountablity from our ghovernment, that half of all Americsans were completely shut out of the process. And that its our children who will bear the brunt. The very people who tend to support Democrats (younger people) are the ones who will be the most negatively impacted by run away spending.
This show is simply a Democratic view of what a good Republican should be in their minds. To them the answer is a Democrat.
And that chick was even more obnoxious in yesterday's show. I had to turn it off after the first 30 minutes.

I cant even read that without my eyes bleeding, MH

Morehead State
08-27-2012, 01:52 PM
I cant even read that without my eyes bleeding, MH
Not sure what that means.

NYG 5
08-28-2012, 06:57 AM
actually, it attacks the fascist tea party and real republicans who have gone along with them out of fear of losing popularity. it slams everyone who just goes on air and talks complete bull****.

nobody attacks the liberals as much because for the most part their inept, rather than malicious.

JPizzack
08-28-2012, 08:20 AM
it slams everyone who just goes on air and talks complete bull****.

this.
that's all that matters, more so than who is affiliated with who. that's all that is important.

Morehead State
08-28-2012, 08:24 AM
actually, it attacks the fascist tea party and real republicans who have gone along with them out of fear of losing popularity. it slams everyone who just goes on air and talks complete bull****.

nobody attacks the liberals as much because for the most part their inept, rather than malicious.
Not going to comment on your complete misunderstanding of the tea party movement. You're just buying into the shallow nonsense. My point about the show is thats its far left leaning and naive.

JPizzack
08-28-2012, 09:32 AM
Not going to comment on your complete misunderstanding of the tea party movement. You're just buying into the shallow nonsense. My point about the show is thats its far left leaning and naive.

pretty sure youre just easily insulted by truth and honesty and anything that goes against your values. i've known you long enough to know that =]

Morehead State
08-28-2012, 10:02 AM
pretty sure youre just easily insulted by truth and honesty and anything that goes against your values. i've known you long enough to know that =]
That $16 trillion will be your responsibility. I'm 54 (well just about) and that bill won't be on me. The irony is that its the young Obama supporters who will bear the brunt of our national debt. But he does sing Al Green songs in tune and has a nice smile. I guess thats the new criteria.

JPizzack
08-28-2012, 10:06 AM
That $16 trillion will be your responsibility. I'm 54 (well just about) and that bill won't be on me. The irony is that its the young Obama supporters who will bear the brunt of our national debt. But he does sing Al Green songs in tune and has a nice smile. I guess thats the new criteria.

Well, I mean....your generation is to blame for pretty much everything that is wrong with our country, so.....mine is always going to have to deal with it, so thanks.

Morehead State
08-28-2012, 10:16 AM
Well, I mean....your generation is to blame for pretty much everything that is wrong with our country, so.....mine is always going to have to deal with it, so thanks.
Not going to disagree with you on that, but continuing to support the same mistakes from the past seems nuts to me.