PDA

View Full Version : NYG chatroom

Fuhgeddaboutit
08-09-2012, 03:56 PM
Hey guys,

Remember that giants chat room that Southern(i think it was him) created for every game day?

Is that still going to be in effect? Are people going to be going to that?

Morehead State
08-09-2012, 04:15 PM
Hey guys,

Remember that giants chat room that Southern(i think it was him) created for every game day?

The only thing I know about are the game threads that Roanoke always starts. I'm sure he'll have one for tomorrow night's game. If not, he'll definately have them for regular season games.

Fuhgeddaboutit
08-09-2012, 04:21 PM
Yeah, being that I like how this forum is compared to the old ones, I might contribute and be in the GDTs that Roanoke starts.

Was just trying to give a shout-out to see if anyone knew about that chat room that was always started for the games

Morehead State
08-09-2012, 04:23 PM
Yeah, being that I like how this forum is compared to the old ones, I might contribute and be in the GDTs that Roanoke starts.

Was just trying to give a shout-out to see if anyone knew about that chat room that was always started for the games
I get crazy during the games. best that I don't post anything I'll regret.

Fuhgeddaboutit
08-09-2012, 04:28 PM
Ha, good points. A good here and there ain't too bad. I don't like to post that much otherwise I'll be missing the game.

BurnerNYG
08-09-2012, 04:30 PM
I don't think I'll be doing too much posting while watching the games this year. I'll either be at that stadium (I gotta stop being cheap and just go at least twIce) or at Buffalo Wild Wings. I was doing that last year, this year I'm gonna pay more attention to my in the flesh Giant fans.

Fuhgeddaboutit
08-09-2012, 04:41 PM
Yeah, true, I might be at the bar more often since I'm 21 now.

nygmen90
08-09-2012, 04:44 PM
I don't think I'll be doing too much posting while watching the games this year. I'll either be at that stadium (I gotta stop being cheap and just go at least twIce) or at Buffalo Wild Wings. I was doing that last year, this year I'm gonna pay more attention to my in the flesh Giant fans.

Ahh I went to the wild wings in deer park for a few games last year. i really enjoy it

BurnerNYG
08-09-2012, 04:54 PM
Yeah, true, I might be at the bar more often since I'm 21 now.Yeah you'll enjoy yourself youngbuck. Wow 21... you made me feel old at 35.

BurnerNYG
08-09-2012, 04:56 PM
Ahh I went to the wild wings in deer park for a few games last year. i really enjoy itThey just opened a nice one in Waterbury, CT where I'm at. I got a nice 60 inch at the house with surround sound but there's nothing like being amongst other fans.

njsean
08-09-2012, 04:57 PM
Buffalo Wild Wings gave me food poisoning. Just sayin'.

FlyingTruck
Yeah, true, I might be at the bar more often since I'm 21 now.I'm turning 21 on Sunday! I'll probably will try and watch a few games at a bar this season. But I'll be in the chat at times!

nygmen90
They just opened a nice one in Waterbury, CT where I'm at. I got a nice 60 inch at the house with surround sound but there's nothing like being amongst other fans.

i feel you on that one

BurnerNYG
08-09-2012, 04:58 PM
Buffalo Wild Wings gave me food poisoning. Just sayin'.Which one did you go to?

Fuhgeddaboutit
I'm turning 21 on Sunday! I'll probably will try and watch a few games at a bar this season. But I'll be in the chat at times!

It's fun when you're watching with friends

njsean
Which one did you go to?

By the Monmouth Mall in NJ

BurnerNYG
08-09-2012, 05:00 PM
By the Monmouth Mall in NJWow you should've sued em lol.

njsean
08-09-2012, 05:02 PM
Wow you should've sued em lol.

I'm not particularly litigious. I yacked and got over it.

FBomb
08-09-2012, 05:09 PM

This....it has always been my policy to remove myself from the boards during any game other than preseason. I would blow up the filter!!

FBomb
08-09-2012, 05:11 PM
Yeah, true, I might be at the bar more often since I'm 21 now.

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQk3731J5p1ZcsFVDez6_5zOfdRD6Xvv GjSyQssBSmS1lkYgHsu

Fuhgeddaboutit
08-09-2012, 05:14 PM
https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQk3731J5p1ZcsFVDez6_5zOfdRD6Xvv GjSyQssBSmS1lkYgHsu

Lol, I'm not like that.

ashleymarie
08-09-2012, 05:38 PM
They just opened a nice one in Waterbury, CT where I'm at. I got a nice 60 inch at the house with surround sound but there's nothing like being amongst other fans.

That is so true. We went on a cruise in Oct of last year. The only place to watch the game was in the BAR. Wow, what a remembering experience to be amongst fans, even those who cheered for the other team. I loved the atmosphere.

ashleymarie
08-09-2012, 05:41 PM
I remember the chatroom you are speaking of. I don't remember it being during the game tho. It was fun while it lasted.

Fuhgeddaboutit
08-09-2012, 05:42 PM
I remember the chatroom you are speaking of. I don't remember it being during the game tho. It was fun while it lasted.

The chat room was open during every single giants game last year.

ashleymarie
08-09-2012, 05:51 PM
The chat room was open during every single giants game last year.

Are you planning on starting a chatroom?

RoanokeFan
08-09-2012, 05:55 PM
The only thing I know about are the game threads that Roanoke always starts. I'm sure he'll have one for tomorrow night's game. If not, he'll definately have them for regular season games.

Even though I'm blacked out here, I will start a game day thread. I am paying for the privilege of being able to see the pre-seaspn games lol

Fuhgeddaboutit
08-09-2012, 05:55 PM
Are you planning on starting a chatroom?

No. That's why I'm asking if anyone knows if that old chat room will be open.

OR

If SoutherGiant, I believe that was his username here) will end up doing it.

ashleymarie
08-09-2012, 06:01 PM

oh, c'mon now. RF's thread goes by so quickly that no one will read your post anyway. It's a great place to be during the games.

Fuhgeddaboutit
08-09-2012, 09:20 PM
oh, c'mon now. RF's thread goes by so quickly that no one will read your post anyway. It's a great place to be during the games.

Reason why I don't want to go into the GDT

BurnerNYG
08-10-2012, 01:00 AM
That is so true. We went on a cruise in Oct of last year. The only place to watch the game was in the BAR. Wow, what a remembering experience to be amongst fans, even those who cheered for the other team. I loved the atmosphere.That's what makes it even better... the fans of other teams. Nothing like seeing some overhyped sober guy walk out of a bar drunk with his tail between his legs because his team lost.

jomo
08-10-2012, 08:52 AM
Even though I'm blacked out here, I will start a game day thread. I am paying for the privilege of being able to see the pre-seaspn games lolI love that thread, it's like drinking water from a fire hose! lol

RoanokeFan
08-10-2012, 12:53 PM
I love that thread, it's like drinking water from a fire hose! lol

LMAO seriously. I am SO THRILLED to have the ignore feature. When I built mine, I had the Game Day Thread in mind.

Fuhgeddaboutit
08-10-2012, 12:55 PM
LMAO seriously. I am SO THRILLED to have the ignore feature. When I built mine, I had the Game Day Thread in mind.

A lot of people are worth ignoring in the GDT?

RoanokeFan
08-10-2012, 01:00 PM
A lot of people are worth ignoring in the GDT?

Not a lot, just those annoying few who will declare we are going to be 4-12 after the first miscue.

RoanokeFan
08-10-2012, 01:01 PM
I love that thread, it's like drinking water from a fire hose! lol

Like speed dating with no expectations :sarcastic:

Fuhgeddaboutit
08-10-2012, 01:07 PM
Not a lot, just those annoying few who will declare we are going to be 4-12 after the first miscue.

That's ****ing miserable... I would never.

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-10-2012, 01:23 PM
The chat room was open during every single giants game last year.I saved the webpage last year, it was open evry pregame and also during the game. here is the link
http://www.giantschat.webs.com/

Fuhgeddaboutit
08-10-2012, 01:49 PM
I saved the webpage last year, it was open evry pregame and also during the game. here is the link
http://www.giantschat.webs.com/

Thanks. That was it actually.

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-10-2012, 02:12 PM
Thanks. That was it actually.He started that after the old giants chatroom went down when NYgiants.com changed the format and the chatroom was no longer available.

SouthernGiant56
08-10-2012, 07:00 PM
Hey guys,

Yeah, that was me. The chatroom is still up. Here's the link:

http://giantschat.webs.com/

I was never a fan of the gameday thread. Constantly having to refresh, 20 posts in a row about the same thing...it was all over the place. Who knows, it may be better with this new setup. Either way, the chatroom is up 24/7, and all are welcome. No registration required!

(Edit: Whoops! Completely missed the fact that there were 3 more pages to this thread. Oh well.)