PDA

View Full Version : Beatty's back could force Giants to use David Diehl at LT

RoanokeFan
08-09-2012, 07:38 PM
LINK (http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/giantsblog/beatty_back_could_force_giants_left_i42cEwxxE8jTpu rIio6rsI)

Excerpt: "Following practice on Wednesday, Giants coach Tom Coughlin did not discount the possibility of David Diehl moving back to left tackle if Will Beatty’s ailing back keeps him off the field for much longer.

“There’s all kind of thoughts,’’ Coughlin said of that scenario. “If Beatty comes back next week … the idea is to get the best five out there.’’ Read more...

CDN_G-FAN
08-09-2012, 07:59 PM
what was that thing in the other thread about consistency of personnel ???

oie vey.

GMENAGAIN
08-09-2012, 08:12 PM
I am very concerned about Beatty.

He has been unable to stay healthy so far in his career and already has a back injury to start the season.

Redeyejedi
08-09-2012, 08:18 PM
I am very concerned about Beatty.

He has been unable to stay healthy so far in his career and already has a back injury to start the season. We r in some trouble on the Oline. We play the 2 best Pass rushing divisions in the NFL this season. Beatty cant stay healthy and Diehl is a frickin turnstile.Its nearing a decade since we produced a quality Olineman. look at the Eagles they have like 10 good D lineman

giantsfan420
08-09-2012, 08:18 PM
beatty will be fine. the trainers and doctors have all said he's doing well. alot of it is prob making sure the sciatic nerve is rested and not aggravated. I know from experience, with that sorta thing time is your friend. no need to rush. if dd starts lt preseason week1 so beatty can make sure all systems are go for the start of a long season, im fine with that.

TheEnigma
08-09-2012, 08:22 PM
Rather see what Brewer could do at LT personally.

JJC7301
08-09-2012, 09:01 PM
LINK (http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/giantsblog/beatty_back_could_force_giants_left_i42cEwxxE8jTpu rIio6rsI)

Excerpt: "Following practice on Wednesday, Giants coach Tom Coughlin did not discount the possibility of David Diehl moving back to left tackle if Will Beatty’s ailing back keeps him off the field for much longer.

“There’s all kind of thoughts,’’ Coughlin said of that scenario. “If Beatty comes back next week … the idea is to get the best five out there.’’ Read more...

I'm so over Beatty. Just go with Diehl for the rest of the season. At least he stays healthy.

slipknottin
08-09-2012, 09:03 PM
I'm so over Beatty. Just go with Diehl for the rest of the season. At least he stays healthy.

Yea, but with Diehl at LT, Eli wont stay healthy.

giantsfan420
08-09-2012, 09:19 PM

best possible response

Carter.525
08-09-2012, 09:47 PM
whos the RT if Diehl moves to left ? Brewer ?

nhpgiantsfan
08-09-2012, 09:55 PM

Or he might win a third SB with him at LT. Beatty is nothing special either.

RagTime Blue
08-10-2012, 08:25 AM
Between Brewer, Locklear, Mosley, and McCann, somebody has to be good enough to play.

Snappinnecks
08-10-2012, 08:28 AM
Between Brewer, Locklear, Mosley, and McCann, somebody has to be good enough to play.

Agreed. And I'm so done with Beatty. I remember the year he was drafted he was supposed to work on getting stronger. Looks like the same damn player since the day we drafted him.

Buddy333
08-10-2012, 08:40 AM
This is horrible news. He is far better at blocking speed rushers than Diehl. I know some keep saying their won 2 titles with Diehl, but even Eli said they need to get better. That means at LT as well.

FBomb
08-10-2012, 09:09 AM
It's time to go shopping.

nycisgreat
08-10-2012, 09:11 AM

Man that isn't good news. But I have confidence that the Giants staff will figure things down.

giantsfan420
08-10-2012, 09:15 AM
did no one read all the beatty articles before this one? all the medical reports and tests showed great news about his back but they just want to make sure the sciatic nerve isnt overworked and strained.
with back injuries, the LAST thing u want to do is rush anything. time is your friend. they are probably just making sure they give him ample time, remember, the season is a long grind. this isnt saying week 1 DD is LT, all this is is saying DD plays LT in the preseason game if Beatty still isnt quite ready to go. the giants have been precautious with him even tho everything came back good, and i think thats a good idea from the giants. beatty is gonna be a good player for us, he's already had flashes here n there.

Giantsin04
08-10-2012, 09:46 AM

I would re-sign McKenzie as an insurance policy incase they can't.

Imgrate
08-10-2012, 09:53 AM
its too bad that ijalana didnt fall to us

giantcarll
08-10-2012, 09:54 AM
How about trying Locklear.At least he has more NFL experience than the others.Come to think I didnt hear how he was doing in camp.Thats good news right?

GMENAGAIN
08-10-2012, 09:56 AM
did no one read all the beatty articles before this one? all the medical reports and tests showed great news about his back but they just want to make sure the sciatic nerve isnt overworked and strained.
with back injuries, the LAST thing u want to do is rush anything. time is your friend. they are probably just making sure they give him ample time, remember, the season is a long grind. this isnt saying week 1 DD is LT, all this is is saying DD plays LT in the preseason game if Beatty still isnt quite ready to go. the giants have been precautious with him even tho everything came back good, and i think thats a good idea from the giants. beatty is gonna be a good player for us, he's already had flashes here n there.

Yes and the Giants always give accurate information about the severity of their players' injuries . . . . .

The fact of the matter is that this guy has yet to be healthy for a full season and is now entering this season with a back injury that caused him to miss a lot of offseason work and a bunch of training camp. There is definitely cause for concern . . . . .

Buddy333
08-10-2012, 10:03 AM
Nothing about this is good. Maybe they are just being careful with him. I hope he can play because he was playing well last year before having his season end.

giantsfan420
08-10-2012, 10:16 AM
Nothing about this is good. Maybe they are just being careful with him. I hope he can play because he was playing well last year before having his season end.

the giants and beatty have been going on and on about how great beattys back is doing and that they want to make sure no issue arises with the sciatic nerve, which anyone whose had a lower back injury will tell you is 100% precautionary. The season is a long grind, I'm sure Beatty will be ready to go some time soon, preseason week 1 isnt all that pivotal in the big picture...

Toadofsteel
08-10-2012, 10:20 AM
I'd rather throw Locklear into the fire at LT and let him at least gain some NFL experience in the position for some preseason games than turn to Diehl at this point.

FBomb
08-10-2012, 10:29 AM
the giants and beatty have been going on and on about how great beattys back is doing and that they want to make sure no issue arises with the sciatic nerve, which anyone whose had a lower back injury will tell you is 100% precautionary. The season is a long grind, I'm sure Beatty will be ready to go some time soon, preseason week 1 isnt all that pivotal in the big picture...

Ask anybody with a back problem and they will tell you that once you have a back problem you will ALWAYS have a back problem.

TheAnalyst
08-10-2012, 10:37 AM
not too happy about this. Mosley and Brewer better turn out to be solid. Hopefully Beatty can shake this like KMac did for the most part. I have been saying for the past 3-4 drafts, we need an OL early. We need to keep them fresh and have depth. We can not allow Eli to get hit like he did last year.

giantsfan420
08-10-2012, 11:24 AM
Ask anybody with a back problem and they will tell you that once you have a back problem you will ALWAYS have a back problem.

that is true. i have a horrible back and have had surgeries and it does suck. but beatty didnt technically have a "problem" as much as it was trying to prevent a future problem frm happening. my sciatic nerve is donezo. his isnt. they are just being precautionary. beatty went a little too hard in the weight room and his back tightened up, similar to what JPP went through last season. They want to give his back time to loosen up. if he goes out there and strains it hes screwed. its just precautinary and thats cming from the giants themeselves

nhpgiantsfan
08-10-2012, 11:42 AM
If they feel that Beatty is only going to miss time during the pre-season, then they should play someone else at LT and let Diehl get work in at RT where they plan on using him during the regular season.

Buddy333
08-10-2012, 11:59 AM
This could also prevent us from seeing much of Wilson. That is unless his blocking skills a very good. Bradshaw is an excellent blocker and will probably have to help out a lt his year.