PDA

View Full Version : "Just stick your face in there and don't let the guy get to your guy." - David Wilson

Breezely
08-10-2012, 12:05 PM
Blog recaps:

David Wilson talks about setting his goals for the season. Everyone is anxious to see how he reacts in a game simulation

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8253501/nfl-training-camps-2012-david-wilson-new-york-giants-set-reaching-goals

Sorry, but I cannot get my link to work!!!! Still working on it!

njg85m
08-10-2012, 12:10 PM
Blog recaps:

David Wilson talks about setting his goals for the season. Everyone is anxious to see how he reacts in a game simulation

<a href="http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8253501/nfl-training-camps-2012-david-wilson-new-york-giants-set-reaching-goals">D Wilson</a>

I'm very anxious to see both Wilson and Scott. I know Scott will not be playing tonight but we need at least one of those guys to be NFL ready by September or else we are going to be really weak at RB (no offense Ahmad).

Fuhgeddaboutit
08-10-2012, 12:10 PM
Scott not playing tonight upsets me. Hopefully he's good for preseason game 2 and can show some worth. Otherwise, I can see him not getting a shot at all of making the team. Wilson might be better and he might prove more in tonight's game and tomorrow.

njg85m
08-10-2012, 12:22 PM
Scott not playing tonight upsets me. Hopefully he's good for preseason game 2 and can show some worth. Otherwise, I can see him not getting a shot at all of making the team. Wilson might be better and he might prove more in tonight's game and tomorrow.

My sentiments exactly.
I'd hate to see him become a guy that we release that turns into a star for someone else, which in all honesty could be a pretty likely scenario. If we get rid of him, you can bet that someone is gonna take a chance on someone with that size and speed. If he's not the fastest, he's one of the fastest players in the NFL.

I'm just wondering why he didn't get many carries at all last year? I mean he had a pretty good preseason. There has to be a reason but I haven't heard it. Maybe just not picking up the pro game. Anyone know for certain?

moo
08-10-2012, 12:25 PM
Sorry, but I cannot get my link to work!!!! Still working on it!
No need for formatting anymore, you can just post your link straight and it'll auto hyperlink: http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8253501/nfl-training-camps-2012-david-wilson-new-york-giants-set-reaching-goal

Toadofsteel
08-10-2012, 12:25 PM
My sentiments exactly.
I'd hate to see him become a guy that we release that turns into a star for someone else, which in all honesty could be a pretty likely scenario. If we get rid of him, you can bet that someone is gonna take a chance on someone with that size and speed. If he's not the fastest, he's one of the fastest players in the NFL.

I'm just wondering why he didn't get many carries at all last year? I mean he had a pretty good preseason. There has to be a reason but I haven't heard it. Maybe just not picking up the pro game. Anyone know for certain?
I think it was piss poor pass protection (lol, 4 p's), or maybe a fumbling issue, but i'm not sure. Other leagues don't rely on the RB as much for pass protection, meaning that someone like Scott would be better on a team like that...

Breezely
08-10-2012, 12:26 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8253501/nfl-training-camps-2012-david-wilson-new-york-giants-set-reaching-goals

Fuhgeddaboutit
08-10-2012, 12:27 PM
My sentiments exactly.

You know how Tommy C is. Once you start fumbling as a rookie or making those little screwups, once and twice, you're pretty much not getting a shot again.Same thing happened with Jernigan.

Breezely
08-10-2012, 12:29 PM
No need for formatting anymore, you can just post your link straight and it'll auto hyperlink: http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8253501/nfl-training-camps-2012-david-wilson-new-york-giants-set-reaching-goal

Thanks MOO!!!!

Buddy333
08-10-2012, 01:01 PM
Bradshaw was having ball control issues as a rookie and they never gave up on him.

giantsfan420
08-10-2012, 02:02 PM
pretty much what i've expected to hear from them and what I think the season will look like. To hear rb coach ingram say that wilson is gonna be an integral contributor to the offense gives me confidence.
and wilson is right about how blocking isnt an issue for him. he did it a lot at VT. the issue is gonna be WHO to block. we do have a great qb, and wilson will need to make sure that he doesnt get him killed...but i think he will be fine with eli and bradshaw helping him out.

im expecting big big things from wilson. if our OL still struggles to run block, that wont make wilson unusable, we can just move him to the shotgun back and get him involved in the pass game and utilize that as an almost run attack...seasons so close, i just pray everyone stays healthy

RoanokeFan
08-10-2012, 03:25 PM

Every game players are not available is an opportunity lost.

RoanokeFan
08-10-2012, 03:29 PM
Bradshaw was having ball control issues as a rookie and they never gave up on him.

True, but they did sit him down at least once. I see that as not punitive but more like psychological warfare.

fansince69
08-10-2012, 03:39 PM
I'm very anxious to see both Wilson and Scott. I know Scott will not be playing tonight but we need at least one of those guys to be NFL ready by September or else we are going to be really weak at RB (no offense Ahmad).

What did i miss ? why is Scott not playing

yoeddy
08-10-2012, 03:49 PM
My sentiments exactly.

Who was the last player that the Giants released who became a star somewhere else?

nygmen90
08-10-2012, 03:53 PM
What did i miss ? why is Scott not playing

exactly what i was about to say

giantsfan420
08-10-2012, 04:19 PM
Who was the last player that the Giants released who became a star somewhere else?

ryan grant of the packers, or formerly i should say. ryan clark of the steelers, theres a few of them

primetime
08-10-2012, 04:19 PM

Ed McCaffrey

Eli TO Shockey
08-10-2012, 04:20 PM
let the countdown begin

edit: 5000 Post. Junior Member is history. lol

manning to shockey
08-10-2012, 04:31 PM
Bradshaw Jacobs and Ware all protected Eli last year. I think until Scott can show he can pass protect he isn't going to get the job. That's why we are still holding onto Ware.

Medisleman
08-10-2012, 04:42 PM
You know how Tommy C is. Once you start fumbling as a rookie or making those little screwups, once and twice, you're pretty much not getting a shot again.Same thing happened with Jernigan.

Hey Coach TC is right to do things that way. Turnovers=losses, and his method of coaching=rings!

fansince69
08-10-2012, 04:51 PM
Ed McCaffrey

Joe Jeravicious(sp)

giantsfan420
08-10-2012, 08:08 PM
ryan grant of the packers, or formerly i should say. ryan clark of the steelers, theres a few of them

cameron wake of the dolphins...

derekunion28
08-10-2012, 08:14 PM
if he misses a block and eli gets hit he wont ever see the field doesnt matter how fast he is

appodictic
08-11-2012, 02:14 AM

Ryan Grant and Mcafree are stars. Grant is servicable at best and Ed had a few good seasons. Not stars in any sense.