PDA

View Full Version : Giants O vs. Giants D

JJC7301
12-12-2011, 03:10 AM
Truly amazing that Eli (and KG) can more than make due with losing Smith and Boss this year and a revamped o-line, but the D (with all of the emphasis put on them) can't get out of it's own way. I have never seen a Giants D so consistently unable to make a stop, that letting up a FG feels like a stop.

I really like and respect Reese a lot, but we cannot afford another year of Sheridan / Fewell-type DCs. There cannot be another year of "wait til next year when we're healthy" because football is violent and injuries happen. A serious re-evaluation of our D talent and coordinators needs to be made, because one more season like this and it all falls on Reese's shoulders, IMO.

giantscolombia
12-12-2011, 03:24 AM
PF needs to go

JMFP2
12-12-2011, 03:25 AM
Truly amazing that Eli (and KG) can more than make due with losing Smith and Boss this year and a revamped o-line, but the D (with all of the emphasis put on them) can't get out of it's own way. I have never seen a Giants D so consistently unable to make a stop, that letting up a FG feels like a stop. I really like and respect Reese a lot, but we cannot afford another year of Sheridan / Fewell-type DCs. There cannot be another year of "wait til next year when we're healthy" because football is violent and injuries happen. A serious re-evaluation of our D talent and coordinators needs to be made, because one more season like this and it all falls on Reese's shoulders, IMO.</P>

Giants need a good LB.</P>

Just look at what Vonn Miller did to Denver's defense.</P>

It's not enough to have great pursuit speed, like JW.....you need to shed a ****ing block.</P>

myles2424
12-12-2011, 03:33 AM
I'm going to lose my mind if we have to go into another year with this LB play....

mikeq672
12-12-2011, 04:39 AM
I'm going to lose my mind if we have to go into another year with this LB play....

Seriously though, you would think a team with out LB tradition would have a franchise linebacker, or at least a competent one.

JJC7301
12-12-2011, 12:08 PM

Seriously though, you would think a team with out LB tradition would have a franchise linebacker, or at least a competent one.
</P>

+1. One, just one. I'm not asking for the next LT, just the next Banks or Armstead. Just one and then put Kiwi back to DE. One stud LB, Boley, and Goff -- not bad.</P>