PDA

View Full Version : Lawrence Taylor:"If I Played With Tuck & Osi I Would Have 40 Sacks A Year

Cool Papa B.
08-10-2012, 02:46 PM
L.T. also couldn’t resist touting the abilities of defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul, who asserted himself as a dominant force last season. The third-year player had a coming-out party in 2011, amassing 86 tackles, two forced fumbles and 16.5 sacks.

“I have seen a few games over the past two years and listen, the kid is impressive,” Taylor told The Record. “He has everything that you would draw up for a DE: size, speed, technique. To me those are the key attributes, even more so than brute strength.”

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/08/10/lawrence-taylor-if-i-played-with-tuck-and-osi-id-have-40-sacks-a-year/

You know what.....I BELIEVE HIM!!!!! God help the QB with a front 4 of LT, Tuck, JPP, OSI...

FBomb
08-10-2012, 02:51 PM
LT-2? BWAHHHHH HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH..........I almost feel sorry for Rhomo!!!

Fuhgeddaboutit
08-10-2012, 02:51 PM
Lol, that's awesome. I actually believe him too to be honest.

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-10-2012, 02:54 PM
Thats just awesome! BTW I always sport my LT jersey during preseason games. During regular season I sport current players unless we are in a slump or fall way behind and then I break out magical #56 in hopes of turning it around!! LT is the best and still talks nothing but great things about the Gmen!

Cool Papa B.
08-10-2012, 02:57 PM
Imagine in a 3-4 defense you have JPP, Linval Joseph, & Canty on the line and LT, Tuck, Kiwi & Osi in the LB position.... : oO

BEST FRONT 7 IN FOOTBALL....HANDS DOWN!!!

scoopscj
08-10-2012, 03:01 PM
Nice compliment but he played with Burt and later Howard, Marshall, Martin, Carson, Reasons, Banks, Pepper Johnson, et all. All were pretty amazing.

Toadofsteel
08-10-2012, 03:03 PM
I wonder how well LT would play in a 4-3 system, either at LB or DE...

primetime
08-10-2012, 03:05 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/2vd1kef.jpg

~The NFL

nygmen90
08-10-2012, 03:07 PM

~The NFL

hahahahahaha great post man

Cool Papa B.
08-10-2012, 03:07 PM

~the nfl

lol lol lol...

titwio
08-10-2012, 03:13 PM
I wonder how well LT would play in a 4-3 system, either at LB or DE...

He would be used much like Denver uses Von Miller...on the outside rushing the QB for the most part I presume.

Which is what I felt the Giants should have done with Sintim. He was perfect for that role.

ponch inda face
08-10-2012, 03:23 PM
LT would operate in constant beast-mode if he played with those guys. 40 sacks? I don't know about that. What i do know is I would continuously root for our O to score quickly and get off the field just so I could watch the race to the QB.

Medisleman
08-10-2012, 03:45 PM
I think this year may be a bit like that. I want to watch our D-line chase after all the QBs in the NFL, especially Tony R and Bobby G III.

manning to shockey
08-10-2012, 03:47 PM
I think I could have 2 sacks with Osi and Tuck in front of me and im 5' 9" 170 lbs :)

fansince69
08-10-2012, 03:56 PM
Nice compliment but he played with Burt and later Howard, Marshall, Martin, Carson, Reasons, Banks, Pepper Johnson, et all. All were pretty amazing.

yes they were But LT was the only pure pass rusher....Marshall was not bAd but he did benefit from having Lt lined up on same side....banks would come once in a while...but mainly the line would eat blockers so LT could raise hell...I think what LT means is having a few other real pass rushers to play with

Breezely
08-10-2012, 04:11 PM
LOL!!! You gotta love LT! I believe him also. LT had a way of taking over a game!!!! Fierce competitor!!! That's why he can state that and no one will question him. No one!

Diamondring
08-10-2012, 04:12 PM
I think I could have 2 sacks with Osi and Tuck in front of me and im 5' 9" 170 lbs :)Shoot, you may even get more cause of your size. You could hide behind them and sneak to get some sacks with stealth.

gmen46
08-10-2012, 04:13 PM
I loved what Strahan, Osi, Tuck, and even Kiwi have brought to the Giants since LT's retirement, but JPP is the first and only Giant defender who has belonged in any conversation as being a legitimate successor to LT. After this, his 3rd season, he will become the "LT of the early 2000s". I have no doubt about it.

Diamondring
08-10-2012, 04:18 PM
I loved what Strahan, Osi, Tuck, and even Kiwi have brought to the Giants since LT's retirement, but JPP is the first and only Giant defender who has belonged in any conversation as being a legitimate successor to LT. After this, his 3rd season, he will become the "LT of the early 2000s". I have no doubt about it.Yes LT without all the baggage.

fansince69
08-10-2012, 04:20 PM
Yes LT without all the baggage.

LT was amazing baggage and all

jomo
08-10-2012, 04:25 PM
His supporting cast was every bit as good as the current crew, not sure what he's smoking these days. He had guys like Jim Burt and Leonard Marshall and George Martin and Harry Carson and Carl Banks at LB allowing him to free lance for sacks while covering his tail down field. Not knocking LT, the greatest Giants defensive player ever. I am just wondering why he memory is so short.

Diamondring
08-10-2012, 04:27 PM
His supporting cast was every bit as good as the current crew, not sure what he's smoking these days. He had guys like Jim Burt and Leonard Marshall and George Martin and Harry Carson and Carl Banks at LB allowing him to free lance for sacks while covering his tail down field. Not knocking LT, the greatest Giants defensive player ever. I am just wondering why he memory is so short.I don't know if what you say is true. JPP looks real powerful and may improve. I think that LT wouldn't get 40 sacks but he would maybe get 20 something a year.

titwio
08-10-2012, 04:29 PM
^ I think LT is referring to having more pure pass rushers on the line like Tuck and Osi...Marshall, Burt and those guys were great but not distracting enough when talking about pass protection contain.

What do offenses do when LT, Osi and Tuck are coming after you on 3rd and long...

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-10-2012, 04:40 PM
^ I think LT is referring to having more pure pass rushers on the line like Tuck and Osi...Marshall, Burt and those guys were great but not distracting enough when talking about pass protection contain.

What do defenses do when LT, Osi and Tuck are coming after you on 3rd and long...Dont you mean offenses? Or do you mean what do our other 8 guys on defense do if you have LT, Osi, and Tuck rushing? well for the latter the other 8 guys dont have to do much of anything except watch the game while on the field, LOL, If you are the offense when those guys are rushing you, then you pray to god your not trying to block them.

titwio
08-10-2012, 04:42 PM
Dont you mean offenses? Or do you mean what do our other 8 guys on defense do if you have LT, Osi, and Tuck rushing? well for the latter the other 8 guys dont have to do much of anything except watch the game while on the field, LOL, If you are the offense when those guys are rushing you, then you pray to god your not trying to block them.

You know damn well what I meant...lol

*Fixed ;)

Breezely
08-10-2012, 04:53 PM
His supporting cast was every bit as good as the current crew, not sure what he's smoking these days. He had guys like Jim Burt and Leonard Marshall and George Martin and Harry Carson and Carl Banks at LB allowing him to free lance for sacks while covering his tail down field. Not knocking LT, the greatest Giants defensive player ever. I am just wondering why he memory is so short. LT is like all legends. Any legend will tell you "If played today . . . . . ." It's just like someone's parents or grandparents saying "back in my day we didn't have elevators" or "back in my days, we walked to school in 5 feet of snow, barefooted!!!".

Cool Papa B.
08-10-2012, 06:05 PM

What do offenses do when LT, Osi and Tuck are coming after you on 3rd and long...

They hope their QB survives to see another day.

Imgrate
08-10-2012, 06:58 PM
More chances for sacks because of more attempts than back then too. Have to take that into account.

BParcells777
08-10-2012, 07:00 PM
Maybe he would have gotten less sacks as our D Line usually gets there in 1.3 seconds

derekunion28
08-10-2012, 07:16 PM
hope jpps head doesnt get big lol