PDA

View Full Version : PFF ranks Rolle as the worst covering Safety in the League

T-Murda84
12-12-2011, 03:22 AM
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/12/09/three-to-focus-on-giants-cowboys-week-14/

I knew he was this bad just by watching him every Sunday. And he cant tackle either.

giantscolombia
12-12-2011, 03:26 AM
He looks super lost on big plays, but he always talks to the media.... He's a charlatan... So much for being our defensive leader

slipknottin
12-12-2011, 03:31 AM
Let me know when PFF gets all-22 tape and the coaches play calls for given plays.

Because their breakdowns for games have some horrendous mistakes by their charters.

They placed all the blame for drivers 2nd TD on Rolle last week despite coughlin saying it was the outside CBs (websters) mistake for not getting depth.

T-Murda84
12-12-2011, 03:35 AM
Let me know when PFF gets all-22 tape and the coaches play calls for given plays.

Because their breakdowns for games have some horrendous mistakes by their charters.

They placed all the blame for drivers 2nd TD on Rolle last week despite coughlin saying it was the outside CBs (websters) mistake for not getting depth.

I bet u Ed Reed, Troy P would of been somewhere around the ball or at least getting in his teammates face about it. Rolle was just as lost as Webster. Yea Webster made a mistake against Driver but Rolle was still the Deep Safety still getting caught looking inside.

And u want me to stop blaming Rolle...but where is ur logic when it comes to blaming Perry Fewell when these coverages are getting blown. I wish Fewell would tell every1 whats the biggest problem on defense....im sure he would say Rolle....because Kenny Phillips dont seem to have those same problems on his side of the field.

slipknottin
12-12-2011, 03:42 AM
Rolle was caught against driver? Is that what you are saying? Because Rolle did exactly as he should, took the most dangerous threat over the middle.

There were a ton of blown coverages this game, and grant was on the side of the field where they were blown probably more often than Rolle was. There's really no excuse for it at all, but because you want to blame it all on Rolle just makes little sense.

And as for polamalu, watch any video of the steelers defense from the all-22 view, he guesses damn near constantly and is out of position all the time. But the steelers other players compensate for it, and for polamalu, it pays off quite a bit because he makes plays.

FUUFNF
12-12-2011, 04:01 AM
It will be interesting to find out who was at fault tonight... Webster or Rolle... I'm guessing Webster, again.

T-Murda84
12-12-2011, 04:04 AM
Rolle was caught against driver? Is that what you are saying? Because Rolle did exactly as he should, took the most dangerous threat over the middle.

There were a ton of blown coverages this game, and grant was on the side of the field where they were blown probably more often than Rolle was. There's really no excuse for it at all, but because you want to blame it all on Rolle just makes little sense.

And as for polamalu, watch any video of the steelers defense from the all-22 view, he guesses damn near constantly and is out of position all the time. But the steelers other players compensate for it, and for polamalu, it pays off quite a bit because he makes plays.

Rolle was looking inside waay to long on that Driver TD. There was good coverage in the middle of the field....He still could of made a better effort than that. How about the 17 missed tackles combined with Deon Grant...doesnt that at least alarm you? So are u going to tell me that Rolle is playing the way he should? I dont think Webster is that bad and misplaying his assignments...I think Rolle is guessing and is to busy looking at the backfield as if he's playing linebacker. Im sorry but I dont think Rolle is that good...Kenny Phillps has shown some improvement but I cant say the same for Rolle.

BlueSanta
12-12-2011, 04:04 AM
It will be interesting to find out who was at fault tonight... Webster or Rolle... I'm guessing Webster, again.

"Again?" He has been very good this year. Aside from that 1 play where we dont even know which player is at fault, how much did we hear Dez's name called?

FUUFNF
12-12-2011, 04:08 AM

"Again?" He has been very good this year. Aside from that 1 play where we dont even know which player is at fault, how much did we hear Dez's name called?

I never said Webster wasn't playing well this season, but these miscommunications in the secondary is killing us... We already know Webster was at fault against the Packers... Based on Rolle's reaction tonight, I'm guessing that he was at fault again tonight... Those things need to get cleaned up and quick.

BlueSanta
12-12-2011, 04:35 AM

I never said Webster wasn't playing well this season, but these miscommunications in the secondary is killing us... We already know Webster was at fault against the Packers... Based on Rolle's reaction tonight, I'm guessing that he was at fault again tonight... Those things need to get cleaned up and quick.

Rolle's reaction was to look at Webster and Webster's reaction was to look at Rolle. We have no idea who is to blame.

Although, looking at the coverage it seems unlikely Rolle was meant to be where he was. If he was coming up to cover the flat, he was taking a bad angle.

Marvelousmik
12-12-2011, 04:37 AM

+1

we just need solid linebackers. most important part of a defense.

T-Murda84
12-12-2011, 04:42 AM

+1

We need safeties that knows every defensive backs assignments.We have to have some of the worst safeties in the league, I dont even know how we come up with a 3 safety based Defense... I can only find one safety capable of starting.

buddy33
12-12-2011, 09:06 AM
Forget about last week. Last night it looked like he was supposed to back up Webster on the last TD that Dallas scored.

GameTime
12-12-2011, 09:16 AM
the very fact that thjis thread is showing conjecture on who is supposed to cover who and when shows overall that defensive secondary is a ****ing mess on far too many plays this season. </P>

A lack of communication on a play here and there happens to everyteam. But when it happens with regularity that means the players dont know the scheme or they dont trust each other and out of position because they think they have to help else where during the play. </P>

hadenough
12-12-2011, 09:24 AM

+1

We need safeties that knows every defensive backs assignments.We have to have some of the worst safeties in the league, I dont even know how we come up with a 3 safety based Defense... I can only find one safety capable of starting.

When have the Giants had better safeties than they have now? Do you think Gerald Sensabaugh is good? Do you think Curtis Coleman is good?

gumby742
12-12-2011, 09:30 AM
. And as for polamalu, watch any video of the steelers defense from the all-22 view, he guesses damn near constantly and is out of position all the time. But the steelers other players compensate for it, and for polamalu, it pays off quite a bit because he makes plays.

+1

We need safeties that knows every defensive backs assignments.We have to have some of the worst safeties in the league, I dont even know how we come up with a 3 safety based Defense... I can only find one safety capable of starting. When have the Giants had better safeties than they have now? Do you think Gerald Sensabaugh is good? Do you think Curtis Coleman is good?</P>

Thanks you. Philips and Rolle would start onalmost every team in teh NFL.</P>