PDA

View Full Version : David Carr vs Tim Tebow

bigjeep
08-10-2012, 06:17 PM
Ok, who's your guy? I would go with Tim Tebow because of all the other little things he gives a team! He can play so many positions instead of just sitting on the bench like Carr. Also, If Eli went down, it never hurts to have GOD on your side with time running out and the season on the line as Tebow has proved in the past!

Carter.525
08-10-2012, 06:21 PM
Gabbert...

fansince69
08-10-2012, 06:26 PM
Won't matter....if Eli goes down I doubt we could win with either.

Toadofsteel
08-10-2012, 07:27 PM
At this point I'd go with Carr since he knows our offense.

One thing i'm happy about is that it was Orton that ended up on the Cowboys and not Tebow, as the latter would be a big hit in Texas, and he would actually synergize well with Romo (i.e., let Romo play the first 3 quarters and Tebow the 4th).

MattyD21
08-10-2012, 07:38 PM
id take the # 1 pick in the 2002 draft

titwio
08-10-2012, 07:53 PM
I'm taking the guy who plays for the Giants with COMPLETE bias.

derekunion28
08-10-2012, 07:56 PM
carr i trust... he can win wiyth us

Cool Papa B.
08-10-2012, 08:09 PM
Ok, who's your guy? I would go with Tim Tebow because of all the other little things he gives a team! He can play so many positions instead of just sitting on the bench like Carr. Also, If Eli went down, it never hurts to have GOD on your side with time running out and the season on the line as Tebow has proved in the past!

How do you-or anyone for that matter-know that Tebow can play many positions and play it well? Last I check he has only played QB the NFL and he wasn't that good playing it.

Besides, who wants the distraction of Tebow on your team? Give me Carr over Tebow any day.

RoanokeFan
08-10-2012, 08:18 PM
Won't matter....if Eli goes down I doubt we could win with either.

I wouldn't be so quick to diss Carr. Backup QB is more of a mental position that physical. Carr has talent and knows the system as well as anyone. He's not Eli, but then who is?

Tebow will likely win the starting job somewhere along the way this season if Sanchez falters.

Cool Papa B.
08-10-2012, 08:24 PM
I wouldn't be so quick to diss Carr. Back QB is more of a mental position that physical. Carr has talent and knows the system as well as anyone. He's not Eli, but then who is?

Tebow will likely win the starting job somewhere along the way this season if Sanchez falters.

All it will take is for Sanchez to have 2 bad games in a row before Ryan and Tannenbaum to start considering Tebow. I'm not a fan of Sanchez, but the way the Jets are treating him is totally wrong.

RoanokeFan
08-10-2012, 08:26 PM
All it will take is for Sanchez to have 2 bad games in a row before Ryan and Tannenbaum to start considering Tebow. I'm not a fan of Sanchez, but the way the Jets are treating him is totally wrong.

I have to agree.

RagTime Blue
08-10-2012, 08:40 PM
All Sanchez has to do to stay on the field is play well. I don't see the inequity.

Fuhgeddaboutit
08-10-2012, 09:48 PM
David Carr over Tebow. Guy is surprisingly fast and got nice mobility.

Medisleman
08-10-2012, 10:09 PM
I can't wait to watch Jets fans calling for Tebow in week 3. Oh and I'll stick with Carr as my backup thank you.

Roosevelt
08-10-2012, 10:13 PM

Carr can play QB. Tebow can't. But you knew that.

Toadofsteel
08-10-2012, 10:15 PM
I'd take Tebow... as a running back!

BParcells777
08-10-2012, 10:17 PM
Tebow looked good today, Sanchez not so good, Carr looks terrific

I'd rate the NY QB's- Eli #1, Carr #2, Tebow #3, Sanchez #11

BParcells777
08-10-2012, 10:19 PM
Carr can play QB. Tebow can't. But you knew that.

I've been switching channels, Tebow looked terrific, you obviously follow the media hype

Sanchez is in deep doo doo

Giantslb66
08-10-2012, 10:21 PM
Carr without a doubt

greenca190
08-10-2012, 10:42 PM
Why would you want a back up quarterback that you would have to re-tailor the entire offense around?

Tim Tebow could possibly be a good quarterback somewhere if a team entirely bought into him and built around him. We saw it happen in Denver, and they only stuck with it for 3/4's of a season. The thing is, no team out there is going to find another Tim Tebow-esque quarterback. Therefore, you run one offense, and then you run the Tim Tebow offense. The inconsistency of it would kill any team.

What happens when he gets hurt? It reminds me of when Atlanta had Michael Vick and Matt Schaub.

BigBlue1971
08-10-2012, 10:43 PM
that drive was too easy. you guys need to step up to be here

BParcells777
08-10-2012, 11:07 PM
Carr got shell shocked after a few hits......story of his NFL career.......I like this kid Perriloux....hes got more potential than Carr

JJC7301
08-11-2012, 12:32 AM
I like both Tebow and Carr. Carr for right now and maybe Tebow in the future with more seasoning.

Moke
08-11-2012, 01:45 AM
Tebow looked good today, Sanchez not so good, Carr looks terrific

I'd rate the NY QB's- Eli #1, Carr #2, Tebow #3, Sanchez #11

Tebow looked nothing short of good.

MattyD21
08-11-2012, 07:06 AM
Carr got shell shocked after a few hits......story of his NFL career.......I like this kid Perriloux....hes got more potential than Carr

Yea Ryan is 7 or 8 years younger and you can say has more "potential" than Carr but theirs a reason that David is #2 and the other spent last year on the practice squad. David also had to great throws tonight within Bennett and Stanback

ps: didnt he get sacked like 50+ times his rookie year?

fansince69
08-11-2012, 08:08 AM
Yea Ryan is 7 or 8 years younger and you can say has more "potential" than Carr but theirs a reason that David is #2 and the other spent last year on the practice squad. David also had to great throws tonight within Bennett and Stanback

ps: didnt he get sacked like 50+ times his rookie year?

YES.....Which is why he gets shell shocked once he gets hit.......tends to pull ball down and take the sack rather than keep looking down field.....I like Carr as a back up...but long term If Eli goes down we are in trouble

to answer the original question....I couldn't stand to have the circus that is Teblow on any team I root for....rex and woody only got him cause they can't sell tickets with only 2 rings in their circus

Redeyejedi
08-11-2012, 08:57 AM
Carr got shell shocked after a few hits......story of his NFL career.......I like this kid Perriloux....hes got more potential than CarrA Few? He got sacked a record 72 times and Carr is mobile Could of been 100