PDA

View Full Version : OFFENSIVE LINE is ALOT better since....

Mr. TRUEBLUE
12-12-2011, 03:40 AM
Offensive Line is ALOT better since Kevin Boothe was moved to Center - Diehl was kicked back outside to Outside Left Guard and Petrus took his spot at Inside Left Guard

discuss?

I dont think Boothe is long term answer to Center but Petrus can be at Inside Guard?

?

slipknottin
12-12-2011, 03:44 AM
I think health had a lot to do with it. The game or two that Baas was healthy he actually looked pretty good, but Diehl has been awful all year, Snee finally looks 100% again, and McKenzie had a good bounce back game.

giantsfan39
12-12-2011, 03:44 AM
Boothe , Petrus and Snee at guard are a rotation I would be happy with. We need a RT as well as a depth at tackle and guard.

BlueSanta
12-12-2011, 03:47 AM
Petrus had some very nice runblocks today. Watch the last jacobs TD he took out 2 defenders on the backside which is very important on an offtackle play like that.

We also got to see him highlighted on the 2 point conversion for his excellent block on that play.

Mr. TRUEBLUE
12-12-2011, 03:53 AM
I think Brewer can play Right Outside Guard. We can last one more season with Diehl on the Outside Left ...but Center we should draft for this coming Draft ...maybe The Ohio State's Michael Brewster ???

?

T-Murda84
12-12-2011, 03:58 AM
The Offensive Line wasnt awful but theres so much room for improvement. Diehl had a nightmare game and Boothe was a nightmare snapping the ball....Im glad the Cowboys made some stupid penalties to overlook the mistakes. Petrus was ok....I think he got one holding call. But the Oline did a good job getting some type of movement up front.

mikeq672
12-12-2011, 04:36 AM
Diehl looked like **** again

wado1
12-12-2011, 04:54 AM
I think Mitch needs to stay at LG for a long time. So far he and Boothe have looked good.

michaelkhan3
12-12-2011, 05:51 AM
Boothe can't snap the ball like he did too many bad ones. I think we draft a RT and a G/C we can then move Baas to G or keep him where he is

TheEnigma
12-12-2011, 06:11 AM
We already have a RT and his name is James Brewer. He's very raw at the moment I'd assume so that's why we might not be seeing him.

Petrus looks like he might be the answer at LG so now we just need a long term answer at C. We either draft one in the upcoming draft, hope Baas gets better, or that Boothe stops having snapping issues.

MrDenmark
12-12-2011, 07:57 AM
It's tough to rule over right now. But Petrus sure looks good. I hope he is the long term answer. Brewer might be good too, but he won't see any action until next year. And maybe Ugoh turns his career around?

We have options, but all of them not real safe. A lot of maybe's and what-ifs.

1986Bavaro
12-12-2011, 08:32 AM
Boothe is awful! His snaps almost caused about a dozen fumbles. Guy needs practice hiking the darn ball.

Realfootball
12-12-2011, 08:43 AM
Let's remember that this is Boothe's like 7th game,EVER snapping the ball at least we have movement in the run game and pass protection is good. Snapping can be corrected.

mikeq672
12-12-2011, 02:15 PM
7th game and week after week of hiking the ball. I am fairly sure if I practice snapping a ball straight back all day I could do it.

Tony Bruno
12-12-2011, 02:18 PM
We need a true LT... DD isnt the answer... The guy really isnt that good and pass blocking on those better DE's... Ill say the D Ware is a heck of a guy to block though... DD is better at G but we are thin at tackle... Im sure we will address that in the offseason though...

RoanokeFan
12-12-2011, 02:19 PM
We already have a RT and his name is James Brewer. He's very raw at the moment I'd assume so that's why we might not be seeing him.

Petrus looks like he might be the answer at LG so now we just need a long term answer at C. We either draft one in the upcoming draft, hope Baas gets better, or that Boothe stops having snapping issues.

I think there's a better chance of Boothe's snaps getting better than Baas improving significantly. We also need as LT badly. Diehl, who I really like, won't be here next season I think.

Right now, the configuration on the Oline seems to be working much better and I hope they leave it this way into the playoffs.

Zaggs
12-12-2011, 02:26 PM
Let's remember that this is Boothe's like 7th game,EVER snapping the ball at least we have movement in the run game and pass protection is good. Snapping can be corrected.

Which is why he shouldn't be the final answer at center. It was just his snaps, he was beaten like a school kid once on a 3rd and short.

dutchnyg
12-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Honestly, I think Baas has to go.. Line always plays bette when he out IMO

bklyn1028
12-12-2011, 02:29 PM
IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DONT' FIX IT. Yes there were some bad snaps, but this is the first time ALL YEAR, we finally got the run game going.

Zaggs
12-12-2011, 02:32 PM
IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DONT' FIX IT. Yes there were some bad snaps, but this is the first time ALL YEAR, we finally got the run game going.

Except if it wasnt for a boneheaded play by DeMarcus Ware his bad snaps probably would have cost them the game.

Mr. TRUEBLUE
12-12-2011, 07:24 PM
~

1,) Diehl was Awful at "Inside Guard" I think he's best suited at Right "Outside Guard" until Brewer is ready" but "right now he's our only option at LOG Position

2.) Petrus has been BETTER than Diehl at Left "Inside Guard" and as Awful as Diehl's been on the "Inside" seems he was in to it like it was a demotion - he's been better than Beatty at Left "Outside" Guard

3.) We need to draft mid to High Rounds at "Center-Guard" and Left "Outside Guard" maybe Datko or Brewster?
were pretty well stacked at other Line Positions w/. decent Depth IMO

!