PDA

View Full Version : Prince burned

ToneZak
08-10-2012, 07:56 PM
I know its only the preseason, but how many times did Prince get beat on that first drive?

ALLnygIN
08-10-2012, 08:06 PM
umm i didn't even seen him thrown at..

ALLnygIN
08-10-2012, 08:07 PM
but then again I was running back and fourth doing stuff..

jax5338
08-10-2012, 08:09 PM
well, kinda made up for it there. good strip lol

FBomb
08-10-2012, 08:15 PM
I saw at least twice.

ToneZak
08-10-2012, 08:15 PM
didn't see him thrown at? are you watching? that was him on at least one third down conversion and on the TD.

ALLnygIN
08-10-2012, 08:21 PM
No I was back and forth I only saw the completion against webster and rolle.. Missed that touchdown pass, but I saw the replay just now, so yeah, I see what your saying.

Fuhgeddaboutit
08-10-2012, 08:24 PM
It was around 2-3 times. Definitely not more.

Yeah, he really needs to fix himself up right there.

JJC7301
08-10-2012, 08:31 PM
I know its only the preseason, but how many times did Prince get beat on that first drive?
I'm not giving up on him yet. Plenty of pre-season to go. Took Web quite a while until he had things nailed down.

pthere55
08-10-2012, 08:33 PM
Prince always looks lost to me

mcillo
08-10-2012, 08:37 PM
Prince always looks lost to me Hate to agree, but yeah. The strip happened because of a really crappy attempt at the tackle.

FBomb
08-10-2012, 09:14 PM
Hate to agree, but yeah. The strip happened because of a really crappy attempt at the tackle.

No way....go back and look....he was going after th ball the whole time. The runnner was holding away from his body so he went after it. Good play bu Prince, but he has a bad habit of watching the QB and losing track of his guy.

jomo
08-10-2012, 09:19 PM
He'll be OK..............I think lol.

Redeyejedi
08-10-2012, 09:20 PM
on the 1st catch Looked like he was playing zone but it was man coverage. he watching the QB not the receiver

GameTime
08-10-2012, 09:25 PM
umm i didn't even seen him thrown at..
then you aint paying attention at alll

GameTime
08-10-2012, 09:27 PM
Hate to agree, but yeah. The strip happened because of a really crappy attempt at the tackle.
wrong.....going for the ball all the way....
but he was getting smoked playing CB

ALLnygIN
08-10-2012, 09:44 PM
He did get smoked on a couple pass plays though. I'll give ya that. I think he'll do fine this season, or at least I hope. We need someone other than webster that can make plays consistently.

giantsfan420
08-10-2012, 10:59 PM
No way....go back and look....he was going after th ball the whole time. The runnner was holding away from his body so he went after it. Good play bu Prince, but he has a bad habit of watching the QB and losing track of his guy.

i think that has to do with him and the timing he has with the DL expecting them to get to the qb...i wasnt overly concerned about that

RoanokeFan
08-10-2012, 11:06 PM

He seemed confused

RoanokeFan
08-10-2012, 11:06 PM
then you aint paying attention at alll

Anyone watching on NFL Preseason Live may well have missed up to 10 minutes of play

Buddy333
08-10-2012, 11:08 PM
Eh, I've seen him get it done last year when it counts. It's been a while since they played a game. I think he will be fine.

TrueBlue@NYC
08-10-2012, 11:32 PM
He had a rough game overall. The strip was a heads up play, but getting beat the same way twice (losing track of his man and the ball) is a little concerning b/c he didn't recognize that problem quickly enough. But that's what pre-season is for, and hopefully he keeps improving.

Coverage was terrible during this game in general, and especially the 2nd stringers which is concerning b/c one of those guys is likely going to be the nickle CB which is like a starter.

NYG4lifeNYK
08-10-2012, 11:34 PM
Prince played outstanding last post season so one pre season game where he's clearly still learning and getting up to speed is not going to sway me...

TrueBlue@NYC
08-10-2012, 11:37 PM
Prince played outstanding last post season so one pre season game where he's clearly still learning and getting up to speed is not going to sway me...

By no means should this game make anyone lose faith in Prince, the idea to make these mistakes now so that they're fixed for this game.

NYG4lifeNYK
08-11-2012, 12:07 AM
By no means should this game make anyone lose faith in Prince, the idea to make these mistakes now so that they're fixed for this game.

+++++++++1

appodictic
08-11-2012, 01:17 AM
Hate to agree, but yeah. The strip happened because of a really crappy attempt at the tackle. Can you believe that this guy held out on us. His nick name is like captain liability when he comes off the bench QB's lick their lips.

Redeyejedi
08-11-2012, 07:42 AM
Anyone watching on NFL Preseason Live may well have missed up to 10 minutes of playThe telecast last night was awful . Constant static it looked like they filmed the game with their butt. the camera man couldnt find the ball a bunch of times. 1 Completion from Carr they didnt follow or switch to the guy who caught the ball. Terrible job

NWKEffectElement
08-11-2012, 08:31 AM
It is one game but I have been concerned about Prince.

bigjeep
08-11-2012, 08:39 AM
Prince always looks lost to me

He was the steal of that draft, he has to be good!

slipknottin
08-11-2012, 09:06 AM
He allowed 2 catches for 32 yards and forced a fumble, sheesh

Neither catch he allowed was particularly bad coverage either, he just got caught inside on both.

Michael Coe on the other hand got beat constantly all over the field.

GameTime
08-11-2012, 09:18 AM
I never get too excited or pissed in preseason play. The Giants will be a very good and competetive team for sure.
Not worried....

PRGiant
08-11-2012, 09:35 AM
The telecast last night was awful . Constant static it looked like they filmed the game with their butt. the camera man couldnt find the ball a bunch of times. 1 Completion from Carr they didnt follow or switch to the guy who caught the ball. Terrible job

Cameramen on strike too?

PRGiant
08-11-2012, 09:36 AM
The refs are horrible. Hope they get that strike resolved...

giantsfan420
08-11-2012, 09:50 AM
The telecast last night was awful . Constant static it looked like they filmed the game with their butt. the camera man couldnt find the ball a bunch of times. 1 Completion from Carr they didnt follow or switch to the guy who caught the ball. Terrible job

yeah carr completed one to bennett and they just zoomed in on carr the whole play.

another thing that bothered me was how they didnt show any replays of the completions eli had. i wanted to see the barden and bennett receptions a few more times thru replay. terrible telecast. paul dottino, bless his soul, is HORRIBLE at commentating

b_ELI_eve
08-11-2012, 10:36 AM
It took Webster 2 seasons before he "got it." Prince will come around, he is too talented not to. Have some patience, because Prince will be a starting CB for us for a long time

Gimaniac
08-11-2012, 10:52 AM
It took Webster 2 seasons before he "got it." Prince will come around, he is too talented not to. Have some patience, because Prince will be a starting CB for us for a long time

What do we do in the meantime? Watch him get burned and like it?

I like that he kept his head in the game and forced that fumble, but his "coverage" was horrendous. Holsey is already better than Prince.

NWKEffectElement
08-11-2012, 11:13 AM

I like that he kept his head in the game and forced that fumble, but his "coverage" was horrendous. Holsey is already better than Prince.That may be a little extreme but Hosley as least showed us some signs that he will be a player.

Gimaniac
08-11-2012, 11:33 AM
That may be a little extreme but Hosley as least showed us some signs that he will be a player.

Extreme? On one play, his man2man opponent was open by 10 yards. I was cringing. This was our #1 pick?

"He just needs more reps" was his only defense.

b_ELI_eve
08-11-2012, 11:33 AM

I like that he kept his head in the game and forced that fumble, but his "coverage" was horrendous. Holsey is already better than Prince.

I think that is quite the exaggeration. Prince played well in the playoffs last year. Hosley played one preseason game and he's better now? Calm down

But to answer your question, yes we do sit around and let Prince get burned and make mistakes. That is what the preseason is for.

Gimaniac
08-11-2012, 11:37 AM
I think that is quite the exaggeration. Prince played well in the playoffs last year. Hosley played one preseason game and he's better now? Calm down

But to answer your question, yes we do sit around and let Prince get burned and make mistakes. That is what the preseason is for.

Well if you are going to use Webster as a comparison, he sat on the bench until he "got it".

BOLDA
08-11-2012, 11:44 AM
I'm not giving up on him yet. Plenty of pre-season to go. Took Web quite a while until he had things nailed down.

Thankyou!! JJC7301,

Either we are inundated with band wagon fans that want to ride the coat tails of champions, or the really vocal fans know nothing of what they see on TV where football is concerned. The worst fans are the ones who regurgitate the bull idiot talking heads get paid to say. You made my day JJC7301. You are spot on with Webbie, he took at least 3 seasons and still struggled at times after getting valuable mentorship from Sam Madison and RW McQuarters.

Sundown
08-11-2012, 11:47 AM
Some of you are the most impatient fans i've ever seen. It's the 1st preseason game of the year and some are ready to walk off the cliff. Look at the all the best CBs that have played in this league, they average 3yrs before they "got it". Concerned, NO, worried, NO but if you are i'll glady nudge you off the cliff. Sheesh!

FBomb
08-11-2012, 11:51 AM
Some of you are the most impatient fans i've ever seen. It's the 1st preseason game of the year and some are ready to walk off the cliff. Look at the all the best CBs that have played in this league, they average 3yrs before they "got it". Concerned, NO, worried, NO but if you are i'll glady nudge you off the cliff. Sheesh!

Speaking of over reacting........haven't seen one post where anyone is ready to jump yet. (I admit it's somewhat surprising for this board)..........Prince didn't play well and we are simply discussing it. It isn't anything more than that.

Sundown
08-11-2012, 11:57 AM
Speaking of over reacting........haven't seen one post where anyone is ready to jump yet. (I admit it's somewhat surprising for this board)..........Prince didn't play well and we are simply discussing it. It isn't anything more than that.

I think my rant comes from last nights game thread, i wake up today and see this thread. The board has traditionally been jump first ask questions later so i just assumed haha

OX1
08-11-2012, 12:02 PM

Lets not forget the Tuck interview, in the MIDDLE of the game!!!!!! love the guy, but not when I'm trying to watch a game

FBomb
08-11-2012, 12:15 PM
I think my rant comes from last nights game thread, i wake up today and see this thread. The board has traditionally been jump first ask questions later so i just assumed haha

ah...gotcha....yeah, in the heat of the moment it got a little silly in that thread. It's why I don't bother even turning my laptop on during a regular season game.

nycisgreat
08-11-2012, 12:17 PM

He did get beat a bunch, but I wouldn't get to bogged down by it. The first preseason game.