PDA

View Full Version : How's D. Wilson doing?

JJC7301
08-10-2012, 09:50 PM
I just got home, hoped online, and saw that he's got two kick returns for a total of 76 yards for a nice 38 yards per return. Anyone see his two returns and care to describe how he looked?

njsean
08-10-2012, 10:03 PM
The second return was awesome. Ran back across the field and turned the corner.

derekunion28
08-10-2012, 10:04 PM
no carries 1st half

DownWitJPP
08-10-2012, 10:06 PM
why isn't he playing?

Medisleman
08-10-2012, 10:07 PM
Loving him as the kick returner, looks dynamic!

BlueSanta
08-10-2012, 10:15 PM
why isn't he playing?

Because he is on the team. 2 of our 3 Hbs are set with him and Bradshaw. Ware, Brown and Scott are going to have the bulk of the carries vs quality competition because they are in a battle to make the team.

DownWitJPP
08-10-2012, 10:17 PM
Because he is on the team. 2 of our 3 Hbs are set with him and Bradshaw. Ware, Brown and Scott are going to have the bulk of the carries vs quality competition because they are in a battle to make the team.

yea I guess, i would still like to see him get a few touches though.

BROADWAYSTORM
08-10-2012, 11:02 PM
David Wilson is insane!!!!!! And Randle!

Carter.525
08-10-2012, 11:06 PM
David Wilson is faster than Flash Gordon

BParcells777
08-10-2012, 11:13 PM
He's doing well as is Perriloux

BigBlue1971
08-10-2012, 11:16 PM
from what ive seen of Wilson tonight hes living up to his hype!

BROADWAYSTORM
08-10-2012, 11:37 PM
Wilson is Uncanny! Spectacular! Amazing!

OX1
08-11-2012, 12:01 AM
avg 7.4 yards per carry.............

BlueSanta
08-11-2012, 12:02 AM
He made 1 mistake late not going out of bounds when he should have.Otherwise, he was stellar

RoanokeFan
08-11-2012, 12:08 AM
I just got home, hoped online, and saw that he's got two kick returns for a total of 76 yards for a nice 38 yards per return. Anyone see his two returns and care to describe how he looked?

He's going to be a real asset this season

JJC7301
08-11-2012, 12:30 AM
He's going to be a real asset this season
I caught Randle's td...sweet. Looking forward to seeing highlights of Wilson's returns.

Carter.525
08-11-2012, 12:32 AM
he kind of reminds me of DeAngelo Williams.. dont know why, maybe its the #34

GMENAGAIN
08-11-2012, 12:34 AM
He will be a star

TrueBlue@NYC
08-11-2012, 12:35 AM
why isn't he playing?

b/c he's a rookie and has to earn his spot at the top of the DC with this play. Besides, you don't want to risk having him learn to block when it's eli he's protecting.

Ware also played very well today, in fact all of RBs' looked good.

manning to shockey
08-11-2012, 12:41 AM
So far I love watching this kid run. Good job JR.

Toadofsteel
08-11-2012, 12:52 AM
Wilson gives us the speed that we haven't had since Tiki... We're so used to thinking of Jacobs as a power back and Bradshaw as a "speed" back, but Bradshaw has nothing on this kid when it comes to speed, at least if he wants to keep his feet healthy...

myles2424
08-11-2012, 12:59 AM
Wilson gives us the speed that we haven't had since Tiki... We're so used to thinking of Jacobs as a power back and Bradshaw as a "speed" back, but Bradshaw has nothing on this kid when it comes to speed, at least if he wants to keep his feet healthy... when was bradshaw thought of as a speed back? He was more of a power back than BJ was...

Carter.525
08-11-2012, 01:02 AM
I hope he become a 3 down back.. I will always compare him to Doug Martin

Carter.525
08-11-2012, 01:05 AM
very impressed so far

BeatYale
08-11-2012, 01:17 AM
Wilson gives us the speed that we haven't had since Tiki... We're so used to thinking of Jacobs as a power back and Bradshaw as a "speed" back, but Bradshaw has nothing on this kid when it comes to speed, at least if he wants to keep his feet healthy...

I doubt Tiki was faster than Bradshaw. He was quick, but never really fast. During his last few seasons he was highly productive (during the regular season) because he had great vision, patience and that compact running style made him difficult to track and tackle - it made him elusive without needing to do maneuvers that would kill much of his forward momentum like shuffling his feet, juking etc. If you watch Tiki highlights and Bradshaw highlights you'll notice how more narrow Tiki looks when he runs because his limbs aren't flaring out like most runners.

Anyways, I think Wilson looked pretty good!

BlueSanta
08-11-2012, 01:47 AM
when was bradshaw thought of as a speed back? He was more of a power back than BJ was... He isnt either, he was bit of both. People forget he was the back with the most long plays in the league just a couple years ago. I think his feet/ankles have taken some of that away though.

myles2424
08-11-2012, 03:20 AM
I remember %75 of the boards were furious when we picked Wilson......One guy on here was saying soo much off the wall crap about how bad he's going to be, I promised the guy I'd re-have our debate after Wilson has his first NFL game w/playing time....I'll be looking forward to that....

giantsfan420
08-11-2012, 03:57 AM
I remember %75 of the boards were furious when we picked Wilson......One guy on here was saying soo much off the wall crap about how bad he's going to be, I promised the guy I'd re-have our debate after Wilson has his first NFL game w/playing time....I'll be looking forward to that....
d0 u remember who it was? theres a couple of players ive noticed one poster in particular talked poorly of. he claimed rivers and bennett were poor signings by JR; Rivers was a bust who showed no promise and Bennett is overhyped, has "bad work ethic", and was also a poor choice by JR according to this poster. I know he's wrong, just waiting on reg season like u

G.I. Ants
08-11-2012, 04:09 AM
Wilson looks so scary out there. When he improves his patience and protecting the QB, he is going to have a very nice career.

Bradshaw is a quick power runner in a small body, he runs very angry.
Tiki was a elusive speed back who improved his power game over the years. His blocking and receiving made him great.
Wilson IMO looks more like a faster Tiki, If he could replicate Tiki's success, than let the games begin :)

BlueSanta
08-11-2012, 05:12 AM

Well, not to beat a dead horse, but I have been screaming this kids name since the middle of the college football season last year. I had him as my 2nd best back all year. I said it over and over on the draft boards. I got in several heated debates early on about him over Lamar Miller and later about him over Doug Martin after his stock rose. The story is long from over, and I am far from proven right on this 1. But, I do think us selecting him in the 1st isnt being doubted as much now after people are seeing some of what I saw. I seriously do not think any player in College football was game planned against more than this kid last year, maybe Trent Richardson....MAYBE. VT's offense is very simple and painfull to watch. Beamerball is run 1st, then defense and special teams. And this kid was THE running game. Yet still ,despite all defenses focusing on stopping this 1 kid trying to make VT throw it, they could not do it and it isnt like VT played a bunch of nobodies.

Having seen him play in person twice in college, and I know people will agree with me after they see him in person too, he makes everyone around him look slow. He stands out like a sore thumb, a really fast explosive sore thumb that your eyes just cant stop watching.

I have also said that I think 10 years from now people are going to look back on this RB class and think it might be 1 of the best in a long time. There are 4-5 guys at the top that will impact this league, barring severe injuries.

nycsportzfan
08-11-2012, 07:53 AM
I certainly don't buy that he didn't play untill 2nd half becuase he all ready made the team.. Why would Bradshaw and guys who have been on the team and are 100pct also making the team not only playing, but starting? Also, woulden't it be more beneficial to give Wilson a taste of 1st team NFL defense to prepare for the season as opposed to alot of guys who aren't ready yet or won't make the team or are just backups?

Nah, he didn't play in the first half because Coughlin didn't have him down ahead of Ware yet.. I think after last nights performance , hes certainly well on his way, but last night, clearly Coughlin played his 2nd RB after bradshaw, and that was Dj Ware...

David Wilson is completely awesome by the way.. I jumped on board quite awhile ago with the pick, as i didn't care for the value in the beggining, and i'm still only liking him more and more.. Hes like really good! I don't know if he'll be as good as Doug Martin, but he certainly has a chance to be, or even better..

Redeyejedi
08-11-2012, 08:05 AM
I certainly don't buy that he didn't play untill 2nd half becuase he all ready made the team.. Why would Bradshaw and guys who have been on the team and are 100pct also making the team not only playing, but starting? Also, woulden't it be more beneficial to give Wilson a taste of 1st team NFL defense to prepare for the season as opposed to alot of guys who aren't ready yet or won't make the team or are just backups?

Nah, he didn't play in the first half because Coughlin didn't have him down ahead of Ware yet.. I think after last nights performance , hes certainly well on his way, but last night, clearly Coughlin played his 2nd RB after bradshaw, and that was Dj Ware...

David Wilson is completely awesome by the way.. I jumped on board quite awhile ago with the pick, as i didn't care for the value in the beggining, and i'm still only liking him more and more.. Hes like really good! I don't know if he'll be as good as Doug Martin, but he certainly has a chance to be, or even better.. I wonder if we arent going to see much of him early in the regular season or maybe they rotate them around in the other games. U dont draft a RB in the 1st round and not play him. I dont think ive ever seen a 1st round RB be on the 4th team in a preseason game.