PDA

View Full Version : Young Offensive Lineman

GMENAGAIN
08-10-2012, 11:33 PM
Wow . . . I thought that Mosley, McCants and Brewer all looked awful. If any of these guys need to come into a game this year, we've got big problems.

nygmen90
08-10-2012, 11:34 PM
they were awful...i expected a little bit more

GMENAGAIN
08-10-2012, 11:36 PM
they were awful...i expected a little bit more

Me too. I know it's the first preseason game and they are all very young, but I didn't see any real positives at all. I don't mind if they make preseason mistakes, as long as I see even a small flash of something positive. I saw nothing . . . . .

Buddy333
08-10-2012, 11:38 PM
The OL is probably the only worry I have from this game. It's pre season and guys are shaking off rust, trying not to get hurt, learning, and so on. No big deal them losing tonight. I have seen them look bad in pre season before and look a lot better when the season actually starts. The OL is a problem though. You expect young guys to go out there and the to prove something. I don't know, maybe it's just because they have been my biggest concern since last season ended. Maybe they are just trying to iron things out before the season starts. I hope any way.

ny06
08-10-2012, 11:41 PM
Offensive line is my only MAJOR concern for this team. I'm hoping for the starters to play like a cohesive unit this season. As for the backups, it's the first preseason game.Also, I'm pretty sure Tom Coughin and Pat Flaherty will be working the young lineman hard this week.

rjmills
08-10-2012, 11:45 PM
i dont think brewer did terrable he had some good blocks, but got beat on a few finess moves. he is by far the best of the 3. the other 5 couldnt stop a 4 man rush with the corners back 30 yards...poor perry couldnt even get a ball off short to wide open players. how you let a lineman through untouched with out a blitz???!?!?!?! they are terrable

TheEnigma
08-10-2012, 11:46 PM
The way I see it, if we don't get any progress from these young guys at this point all the way to the end of the season, it might be time to start spending high draft picks on O-line once again.

myles2424
08-10-2012, 11:57 PM
Are you sticking up for brewer? 2nd year 4th round pick & all I heard was how athletic & great his footwork is, freaking guy is embarrassing.....he got abused by someone nobody more than a few times

Carter.525
08-11-2012, 12:07 AM
The way I see it, if we don't get any progress from these young guys at this point all the way to the end of the season, it might be time to start spending high draft picks on O-line once again.

bingo.....

Toadofsteel
08-11-2012, 02:03 AM

I'm loving the Wilson pick, but sometimes I wonder why, with the crap O-line we had last season, we didn't take a Tackle in the 1st round... was there just no Tackle high enough on our draft board?

GMENAGAIN
08-11-2012, 06:38 AM
i dont think brewer did terrable he had some good blocks, but got beat on a few finess moves. he is by far the best of the 3. the other 5 couldnt stop a 4 man rush with the corners back 30 yards...poor perry couldnt even get a ball off short to wide open players. how you let a lineman through untouched with out a blitz???!?!?!?! they are terrable

Brewer was a turnstile against Jacksonville's 4th stringers. I'm wondering whether or not he is in danger of not making the team at all . . .. . .

NorwoodBlue
08-11-2012, 10:12 AM
I'm surprised Brewer was even in the game, he's missed a ton of practice time. But I think this is pretty typical of young lineman, they don't pay enough attention to the coaching staff until they go out and get their *** handed to them. Now the coaches will be all over them, and they'd better start getting it right. I think the coaches relish a game like this when it comes to some guy who's just not getting it. Now they can say OK dumbass, you tried it your way and it didn't work, now you better start listening and do what I tell you to.

hugehomer
08-11-2012, 11:10 AM
Petrus is in his third year and his pass pro still stinks. I think this might be his last season. Time to draft a guard to replace Snee in a few years.

giantsfan420
08-11-2012, 11:27 AM
I'm loving the Wilson pick, but sometimes I wonder why, with the crap O-line we had last season, we didn't take a Tackle in the 1st round... was there just no Tackle high enough on our draft board?
there were a few tackles that teams had late 1rst round grades on. Mike Adams, Martin from Stanford, and there were a few g/c with late 1rs early 2nd round grades as well. martin and adams fell outta the first tho, so i think we made the right choice by not reaching.

i think we spend a high pick or two on OL next season. we're loaded at the skill positions...

GMENAGAIN
08-12-2012, 09:13 AM
there were a few tackles that teams had late 1rst round grades on. Mike Adams, Martin from Stanford, and there were a few g/c with late 1rs early 2nd round grades as well. martin and adams fell outta the first tho, so i think we made the right choice by not reaching.

i think we spend a high pick or two on OL next season. we're loaded at the skill positions...

Adams got completely abused in his first preseason game . . .

tonyt830
08-12-2012, 11:01 AM
Wow . . . I thought that Mosley, McCants and Brewer all looked awful. If any of these guys need to come into a game this year, we've got big problems.I can maybe give Mosely and McCants a pass somewhat, since they are rookies in their 1st preseason game. But I would expect Brewer to have shown a little more since this is his 2nd season. I know there were a couple people, specifically nycsportzfan who was pretty high with the drafting of Brewer.

Well I guess we will have to see if Brewer, Mosley, and McCants can improve over the coming weeks. I guess the signing of Locklear in FA was pretty wise. Lets just hope Beatty can get healthy and stay healthy at LT.

jomo
08-12-2012, 11:18 AM
Petrus is in his third year and his pass pro still stinks. I think this might be his last season. Time to draft a guard to replace Snee in a few years.He's a hard nose kid willing to get physical on the run but he is also stiff with unsure feet against the pass rush. I rate him a B vs the run C- against the pass. Can we blend him and Beatty? lol

fansince69
08-12-2012, 02:39 PM
He's a hard nose kid willing to get physical on the run but he is also stiff with unsure feet against the pass rush. I rate him a B vs the run C- against the pass. Can we blend him and Beatty? lol

Wouldn't that give us a guy with a bad back and stiff unsure feet?LOL

jomo
08-12-2012, 03:07 PM
Wouldn't that give us a guy with a bad back and stiff unsure feet?LOLlol, well by stiff I meant that he is easily tipped, not showing flexibility in his hips or shoulders. Either way, he's not going to challenge anyone for playing time this year.

Diamondring
08-12-2012, 03:26 PM
I have no worries at all not even with the O-line. It should take some more games and even some of the regular season to really judge. Maybe the Jags have a good D-line to so that could be a possibility.

Roswell777
08-12-2012, 03:28 PM
If there is one glaring concern on the Giants it's at OT and center in pass protection.

GMENAGAIN
08-12-2012, 03:45 PM
I can maybe give Mosely and McCants a pass somewhat, since they are rookies in their 1st preseason game. But I would expect Brewer to have shown a little more since this is his 2nd season. I know there were a couple people, specifically nycsportzfan who was pretty high with the drafting of Brewer.

Well I guess we will have to see if Brewer, Mosley, and McCants can improve over the coming weeks. I guess the signing of Locklear in FA was pretty wise. Lets just hope Beatty can get healthy and stay healthy at LT.

I agree with everything you say.

jomo
08-12-2012, 04:02 PM
If there is one glaring concern on the Giants it's at OT and center in pass protection.I saw very good things from Baas on the run, I'll go back and revisit pass protection. I think I'd remember if he was getting torched but I'll go look. Go Blue!!

Roswell777
08-12-2012, 04:15 PM
I saw very good things from Baas on the run, I'll go back and revisit pass protection. I think I'd remember if he was getting torched but I'll go look. Go Blue!!

I wasn't really talking about vs the Jags, I was talking about last year with Baas. But, he was hurt, so maybe a healthier Baas will bring improvement to the pass protection.

jomo
08-12-2012, 04:52 PM
I wasn't really talking about vs the Jags, I was talking about last year with Baas. But, he was hurt, so maybe a healthier Baas will bring improvement to the pass protection.We certainly do need much better from him this year Roswell.

My thinking goes that if we get positive production from him and our TE on the blocking front, relative to last year, then if we can just hold form elsewhere things will be better. I am allowed to be an optomist right?

Roswell777
08-12-2012, 10:03 PM
We certainly do need much better from him this year Roswell.

My thinking goes that if we get positive production from him and our TE on the blocking front, relative to last year, then if we can just hold form elsewhere things will be better. I am allowed to be an optomist right?

Absolutely. You are preaching to the choir. Lol

TrueBlue@NYC
08-12-2012, 11:46 PM
First string OL was OK. They didn't spring really big runs other than the Ware draw, but they didn't get pushed back too much either. AB looked very frustrated with the run blocking though.

The second unit was aweful. That sack at the end of the game was simply embarassing to see. While you don't want to read too much into the 1sst pre-season game, a RT leaving a DE completely unblocked (twice no less) without there being any kind of blitzing or stunts going on makes me really question that the heck the guy is thinking out there.

TheEnigma
08-13-2012, 06:23 AM
I think the OL steps it up next week against the Jets. Hope Beatty can play so we can see how he is after all of these unfortunate injuries.

GiantsDynasty
08-13-2012, 09:16 AM
You gotta give it up to Diehl though. The guy is just amazing. We need to clone that dude lol.

Diamondring
08-13-2012, 09:23 AM
We have to look at the whole preseason since all teams are different. The Jags D-line might be good so that is why the Giants had troubles with their O-line. Then the Giants may face a D-line our O-line will dominate. If our O-line has big issues with every team they play against, then it is time to panic.