PDA

View Full Version : Reuben Randle... Hakeem Nicks-like sorry Rio but "Manningham who"?

NYG4lifeNYK
08-11-2012, 12:39 AM
Did anyone think of Nicks when Randle made that TD grab? Looked eerily similar. Good luck defending us in the green zone NFL...... Nicks, Randle, Cruz, Bennet, Barden :lmao:

Loved Manningham and wanted him to resign for cheap but knew that wasn't happening, he's very replaceable and we got an upgrade with Randle.

Now, I'm not getting ahead of myself thinking he's Hakeem Nicks clone but we got an absolute steal with him. He's shifty like Nicks, looks good YAC, can go and get the ball, good body control, soft hands........

Diamondring
08-11-2012, 12:49 AM
I made a prediction that Randle will do good in the regular season.

ny06
08-11-2012, 12:50 AM

You and many others.

NYG4lifeNYK
08-11-2012, 12:52 AM

You are quite the bold one diamond!

Haha how's it going brother? I don't think it's silly for us to expect a very good season from Randle he's very NFL ready and is truly skilled.

hungrrrry
08-11-2012, 12:57 AM
i am happy with the production from the running game, particularly Wilson and with Rueban...we have some upgrades here for sure...and Wilson assured himself return duties. Worried about Amukamara

Moke
08-11-2012, 12:58 AM

Eli breaking Brees record for YDs might have been a bolder prediction.

Carter.525
08-11-2012, 01:00 AM
Randle was a steal at the end of the 2nd.. He will be a good pro, looks good already

NYG4lifeNYK
08-11-2012, 01:08 AM
i am happy with the production from the running game, particularly Wilson and with Rueban...we have some upgrades here for sure...and Wilson assured himself return duties. Worried about Amukamara

Prince played outstanding last post season so one pre season game where he's clearly still learning and getting up to speed, I wouldn't worry at all.

miked1958
08-11-2012, 01:11 AM
Randle was a steal at the end of the 2nd.. He will be a good pro, looks good alreadyWas told by some friends that are diehard LSU fans that we got an absolute STEAL in RR. They said he was not utilized to his full potential due to the bad quarterbacks they had there that could not delivery him the ball on a consistent basis. When he was used right and they got ball to him he made magic. They said he will be NFL ready starter in week one

Diamondring
08-11-2012, 01:37 AM
You and many others.I see no predictions made by other posters and if they did then they followed me cause I said it when he was drafted.

Moke
08-11-2012, 01:38 AM
I see no predictions made by other posters and if they did then they followed me cause I said it when he was drafted.

Nice work, Nostradamus.

Diamondring
08-11-2012, 01:48 AM
You and many others.Well then the others who made the prediction and I are going to be right.

Diamondring
08-11-2012, 01:51 AM
Nice work, Nostradamus.

Look, don't get mad at the Football Prophet. I have the ability to see many things you can't.

Moke
08-11-2012, 01:56 AM
Look, don't get mad at the Football Prophet. I have the ability to see many things you can't.

oh yea? thas cray'

myles2424
08-11-2012, 02:51 AM
Nostrodomus

Gimaniac
08-11-2012, 12:26 PM
Did anyone think of Nicks when Randle made that TD grab?

I immediately thought of Nicks. Looked alot like that hail mary catch against the Packers.

Randle is a stud. Defender was draped all over him and he just shook him off.

Similar type play with Jernigan who could not get his arms free. Probably should have been a penalty but you can't rely on the refs.

Randle > Jernigan

penguinfarmer
08-11-2012, 12:36 PM
I immediately thought of Nicks. Looked alot like that hail mary catch against the Packers.

Randle is a stud. Defender was draped all over him and he just shook him off.

Similar type play with Jernigan who could not get his arms free. Probably should have been a penalty but you can't rely on the refs.

Randle > Jernigan

It wasn't a similar play. Jernigan beat his man over and got his arm held while running in stride. Randle caught a 6yard back shoulder reception where he was able to use his body to box his defender out. Two completely different plays, two completely different type of players.

Randle is a big bodied receiver who ran close to the full route tree in LSU, Jernigan is a small speedster coming from a spread. They're both learning. Both of those plays should have fans excited about their roles in the offense.

penguinfarmer
08-11-2012, 12:38 PM
I was incredibly high on Randle more than any other receiver that was around the late first round projection while others were falling for Hill. He looked closer to the complete receiver when Jarrett Lee was in games. Jordan Jefferson and the speed option were the worst things to happen to him in LSU. Might as well have let Mettenberger take over.

Gimaniac
08-11-2012, 12:50 PM
It wasn't a similar play. Jernigan beat his man over and got his arm held while running in stride. Randle caught a 6yard back shoulder reception where he was able to use his body to box his defender out. Two completely different plays, two completely different type of players.

Randle is a big bodied receiver who ran close to the full route tree in LSU, Jernigan is a small speedster coming from a spread. They're both learning. Both of those plays should have fans excited about their roles in the offense.

Front shoulder/Back shoulder, is doesn't matter. Either you can make plays or you can't.

Jernigan still looks lost out there. Stanback looks better.

penguinfarmer
08-11-2012, 12:53 PM
Journeyman Stanback makes one TD catch against Jacksonville's second teamers and he looks better? Ok. I say we cut Jernigan for responding to Eli's call at the line, separating from his man deep and not making a catch with one hand tied to his back. He's totally lost.

giantsfan420
08-11-2012, 12:54 PM
I was incredibly high on Randle more than any other receiver that was around the late first round projection while others were falling for Hill. He looked closer to the complete receiver when Jarrett Lee was in games. Jordan Jefferson and the speed option were the worst things to happen to him in LSU. Might as well have let Mettenberger take over.

if u watch any highlights of lsu's passing game, almost every clip will show RR. he was there passing offense. SD has jarrett lee and they were showing highlights of him during the sd gb game and every clip was RR burning the corner and going deep.

i too was high on randle. i was all for taking him with our 1rst. somehow we got wilson and rr was still there in the 2nd. he has run the entire route tree as u said, and like nicks, he is nfl ready. expect big things from RR and soon too.

Gimaniac
08-11-2012, 12:56 PM
Journeyman Stanback makes one TD catch against Jacksonville's second teamers and he looks better? Ok. I say we cut Jernigan for responding to Eli's call at the line, separating from his man deep and not making a catch with one hand tied to his back. He's totally lost.

Yes it was only one play, but it was one play more than Jernigan has shown in his time here.

giantsfan420
08-11-2012, 12:59 PM
ii think JJ showed promise. that was a "trust" type play where eli threw it before he could see JJ making the right route decision. It was bang bang, and if JJ didn have his hand held, he woulda caught it. and that was one helluva throw too btw... but im also expecting JJ to make some noise too. hes still got some things to work on. like on the comeback route, he needs to work towards the ball when its in the air and not let a db cut in front of him

Toadofsteel
08-11-2012, 01:04 PM
ii think JJ showed promise. that was a "trust" type play where eli threw it before he could see JJ making the right route decision. It was bang bang, and if JJ didn have his hand held, he woulda caught it. and that was one helluva throw too btw... but im also expecting JJ to make some noise too. hes still got some things to work on. like on the comeback route, he needs to work towards the ball when its in the air and not let a db cut in front of him

The big thing here is that JJ would have caught that easily had the real refs been in that game. As bad as they've been in the past, they have nothing on the replacement refs when it comes to bad calls. At least as long as Leavy isn't on the crew...

penguinfarmer
08-11-2012, 01:05 PM
I obviously think Randle is the greater commodity, but I think it's stupid that the non-contextual comparison has to be made just to validate him. They both have a lot to offer in their own respective ways, and if something as trivial as a held hand is defining moment of his offensive performance in preseason, then that's a farce of an argument from the start. Giants are very lucky to have both guys.

fourth&forever
08-11-2012, 01:07 PM
I don't think Randle will be as consistent as Manningham
...at running the wrong routes.

rainierjef
08-11-2012, 04:31 PM
i love the enthusiasm but i need to see more, he did good positioning himself infront of the defender using hi body to shield the ball.

rainierjef
08-11-2012, 04:32 PM
I don't think Randle will be as consistent as Manningham
...at running the wrong routes.

Ba-dum...dum..Zing.......!!!!!
ladies and gentlemen.....Fourth&Forever
he'll be here all week