PDA

View Full Version : Jayron Hosley

Ny_STAT1989
08-11-2012, 01:12 AM
What did you guy think of his game today? Besides the muffed punt, I thought he played vary well and his elusiveness from the previous punt return had me on my feet. I am really excited about our ST this year.

Moke
08-11-2012, 01:43 AM
Had a lot of defensive awareness which I liked. Deserves more opportunity on the defense.

It wouldn't be fair judging him and not giving him more chances because of the muffed punt.

Toadofsteel
08-11-2012, 02:47 AM
It looks like he's in the dog house regarding the return game, but he's still viable as a nickel corner (and, to be honest, he could even challenge Prince to a starting position).

Coughlin doesn't like people muffing punts like that, but Jernigan did one as well. All in all, it makes it look more like Hixon will be back to receive kicks. Or, even better, a guy like Wilson, who can really turn it up with some open field.

myles2424
08-11-2012, 02:50 AM
It looks like he's in the dog house regarding the return game, but he's still viable as a nickel corner (and, to be honest, he could even challenge Prince to a starting position).
It happens, a rookie in his first NFl game....Jernigan was given Many chances returning before he was officially in the doghouse.....but theres a difference between them, Hosley actually showed some nice ability in the return game..

Toadofsteel
08-11-2012, 02:57 AM
It happens, a rookie in his first NFl game....Jernigan was given Many chances returning before he was officially in the doghouse.....but theres a difference between them, Hosley actually showed some nice ability in the return game..

What he showed more of, in my opinion, was ability on defense. Jernigan was buried deep last year on the depth chart for wideout, which meant he wouldn't ever see the field on offense. But with TT out, Hosley is 3rd on our CB chart, behind Prince and Webster. He'll definitely see the field this year.

G.I. Ants
08-11-2012, 03:50 AM
He played an overall great game. Looked very solid making tackles and that sack was real nice. The muffed punt is a good thing believe it or not because it helps him understand what not to do.

MattyD21
08-11-2012, 06:53 AM
Outstanding

MattyD21
08-11-2012, 06:58 AM
Even after the muffed punt ( smh..) i really liked how our defense came around him , guys like Webster and Phillips Rolle gave him their support which showed the spirit of our Giants team

jomo
08-11-2012, 09:48 AM
What did you guy think of his game today? Besides the muffed punt, I thought he played vary well and his elusiveness from the previous punt return had me on my feet. I am really excited about our ST this year.Great start by the young man. You can't coach that athleticism.

penguinfarmer
08-11-2012, 10:03 AM
Even after the muffed punt ( smh..) i really liked how our defense came around him , guys like Webster and Phillips Rolle gave him their support which showed the spirit of our Giants team

Either that, or they were telling the rook he is going to have to wash their socks and sing the Greatest Hits of Donna Summer all week long.

Gimaniac
08-11-2012, 12:05 PM
Hosley > Prince

Syverce
08-11-2012, 01:38 PM
Lighten up on Prince. He proved he is capable of being a starter during our playoff run. He just has some more growing to do, and the preseason is when your supposed to do it.

Toadofsteel
08-11-2012, 01:41 PM
Hosley will definitely see the field, at the very least as Nickel corner... I was very disappointed by our secondary depth, outside of the performances of Webster and Hosley. Still would like to see how TT does, but for now Hosley is more than serviceable in the secondary.

Carter.525
08-11-2012, 01:42 PM
put Hosley in with the 1st team defense against the Jets next week.

Syverce
08-11-2012, 01:54 PM
Lol, we better have all our best players on the field next week. You know those Jets always play to win.

Cool Papa B.
08-11-2012, 02:05 PM
For the most part I like what I saw. I would like to see him start at the nickel corner in the next preseason game.

Cool Papa B.
08-11-2012, 02:07 PM
Lol, we better have all our best players on the field next week. You know those Jets always play to win.

Yeah. With Snoopy Bowl bragging rights on the line, you better believe they'll be playing hard and playing their first team. I wonder if the will cover up the murals of the Giants Super Bowls.

Robz
08-11-2012, 03:16 PM
put Hosley in with the 1st team defense against the Jets next week.

i wouldnt be surprise if they start hosley over prince, i know its only one preseason game but i didnt like what i've seen from prince.

he got burned all over the place by an average WR, u know hosley even though he's a rookie he's got great cover skills that i trust more right now.

BlueMetal 40
08-11-2012, 05:01 PM
I wonder if the will cover up the murals of the Giants Super Bowls.
Hope they remember that they'll need another blanket this year...

buster55
08-11-2012, 07:04 PM
very aggressive thought he was flying to the ball solid performance. The muffed punt ruined it.

fansince69
08-11-2012, 07:08 PM
he had the most amazing holding call I have ever seen

egyptian420
08-12-2012, 02:47 AM
Hope they remember that they'll need another blanket this year...lmao good call

BlueSanta
08-12-2012, 08:32 AM
1 muff in the preseason doesnt concern me too much. College players dont play or practice in the night lights of a stadium nearly as much as pro players and that does make a difference.

Hopefully, he will get more confident and used to the difference.

hungrrrry
08-12-2012, 09:41 AM
What did you guy think of his game today? Besides the muffed punt, I thought he played vary well and his elusiveness from the previous punt return had me on my feet. I am really excited about our ST this year.I don't feel the coaches hold anything against Hosley for the muffed punt though it hurts his stock value if he has little advantage as a ST player...he will need a spectacular preseason to land the #3 CB position but I think he can and will. Personally, I am anxious to have this kid on the field on defense and feel he will be our Victor Cruz on defense.

I also feel he will improve on special teams...I do think that muff had a lot to do with a case of the jitters. The more he is in the spotlight, the more comfortable he will get...I truely think we have a special talent here...reminds me of Dion Sanders, dare I say!